Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I hem these?

I just bought these last week and I don't know if I should hem it 2 inches shorter or not. It feels kind of weird around the kneecap because they are all brunch up around that area. Will the jeans get softer and brunch up around the ankle instead if I wear them more?

Here's an image:

I think they look fine. As they fold/crinkle at the back of the knees, they'll become shorter, so if they're hemmed now, they may become too short. If you're not sure, you can try cuffing them a little bit, and that can take off an inch or two for the time being, so you can see how you like them that way.

do not hem
    I cried when i had no shoes until i met the man with no feet

you need to cuff them, they are rrds after all
    \"i once coaxed a dog into a library\"

Do not hem them. The length looks perfect. I wouldn't even cuff them.

Yep, I agree, No hem no cuff. those are tight!

Rehab

ugh I hate cuffing. I will try wearing them for a week or two more and then decide.

Don't hem them, they are the perfect length. You will be sad if you do. After you wear them a bit they will relax and hang alittle better. Good fit on those.

Re: Should I hem these?

Quote Originally Posted by zeratul
    It feels kind of weird around the kneecap because they are all brunch up around that area. Will the jeans get softer and brunch up around the ankle instead if I wear them more?
    No. You WANT the jeans to bunch up around your knees in order for the honeycombs to develop. If you hem them, they will bunch up around the knees and be too short. Then, when you wash them, they will likely shrink in length and, again, be too short.

Images
    if you're gonna hem them by another 2 inches, you're going to look like a dork.