Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56
  1. #1

    Several Slim Jim Q's: Pricing, models, and fit/sizing

    I am looking to buy a pair of raw slim jims, and I have several questions before I do so



    First of all, in terms of raw models, what is out there?

    I know of the dry japans(indigo), raw black, and raw greycast, am I missing anything? Also, could I please get some specific and in depth description of the coloring and differences between the models? All of the pictures I have seen do little justice



    Next, in terms of sizing for a slimmer type fit, what type of sizing should I shoot for to accomodate for stretch, shrink, etc? Does the sizing vary for the different models? I wear a size 28 in Dior raw indigo made in japan 19cms, for reference.


    And finally, where is the cheapest place to look? Contextclothing and denimbar with the styleforum discounts, or is there somewhere better online that I am unaware of?

    many thanks for any help, i have searched the forum a bit but havent found very specific answers for what im looking to know

  2. #2
    Actually about the size
    Nudie makes different styles; normal, baggy, ultra skinny, slim..

    What I'm trying to say : If you're a 32true waist, you can buy baggy bjorn in 32 and it'll be baggy.. you can buy 32 in normal (ralf) and it'll be normal, you can buy 32 in skinny and slim and it will result in skinny and slim fit..

    so buy your true size, is my opinion.

    Greycasts fades fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by drydenimbabeeh
    Were did you get those Vans? Found them at the shop man!
    Were did you get those Vans? Off the wall ;)

  3. #3
    Okay i will try my best to help you out but nothing i say is for certain its just to my knowledge/assumptions/experiences.

    Slim Jim Dry. SJD
    It is the most "blue" slim jim and is also the lightest weight slim jim.
    Broken Twill but were meant to be switched to Ola right hand denim but doesnt seem like theres a full transition yet.
    The older jims were redcasted which basically makes them a more vintage blue colour but i am unsure if the new jims have this.
    Most common slim jim and also the cheapest.



    Slim Jim Dry Greycast. SJDG
    Slightly more expensive than the SJD. Japanese Denim and the heaviest weight Jim of them all. very stiff and has a greencast. So the jeans kinda look more green when raw but when you wash them they slowly turn more blue, its a very unique denim really.
    The colour is quite distinct and it is the fastest fading Jim.
    Right Hand Twill


    Note: The above picture is a regular alf dry greycast, the picture just shows the colour of the greycast material

    Slim Jim Dry Japan. SJDJ

    Same price as the SJDG. Made of japanese denim. A blue in between the greycast and the regular dry and i think its weight is somewhere in between the SJD and the SJDG. Its one of the newer jims to come out and there aren't many worn in pics of them yet. Right Hand Twill



    Slim Jim Dry Black. SJDB
    Same weight as the SJD but its a black overdye. So it was an indigo denim that has been overdyed in black. Because of its dying process its probably the hardest to break nudie but there are various pics in the gallery they do fade but take about 3 times the amount of wear. I have no idea what twill it is but it probably won't matter to you much if youre buying black jeans.




    Slim Jim Dry Black Coated. SJDBC

    Italian denim. Its about the blackest jim. Has a wax resin coating which gives it a unique matte look when raw but this quickly changes to a shiny leather type material after about a months wear and does fade similar to the dry black. This isn't out yet in every country and should be the same price as regular Jims if not maybe a little bit more. Same weight as regular jims and is right hand twill.


    Note: the above picture is of a Thin Finn, this picture is used to show the colour/material wihch is the same as the SJDBC.

    Slim Jim Aged Organic Dry - SJAOG

    This 12.5oz organic denim fabric from Turkey is made in a unique colour,
    it's a natural vegetable indigo in the warp and an aged cotton weft to
    create a deep bright intense blue.



    To answer your sizing questions you should probably size down what you wear in dior for a slim fit. consider even sizing down two for a fit similar to your diors but this all depends on how the diors fit on you (loose vs tight). If you plan to wash more regularly then you should size down 1 as the frequent washings will bring it back to size quite often and there is less time for stretching. If you plan to go for 12 or more months without washing you may consider sizing down a full 2 sizes to accommodate a year of stretching.

    Best place to buy them from is probably denimbar with the discount. Other cheap places are kitchener and Dejan's shop but i forget the name.

    If you are getting jims though id suggest revolveclothing, if you email them saying your a first time customer they will give you a 30% discount and its free shipping if its over 100 bux. Although the cheapest way if to troll the forums here and at superfuture and just buy a pair from another member.

    okay i think that about covers it, one day im gonna make some proper threads for each cut....one day.....

    hope that helps you out PM me for any other queries!
    Last edited by cameland; 29th July 2007 at 09:31.
    Nudie Dry Denim FAQ
    Part I
    Part II

  4. #4
    Super Moderator The Truth bilmaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,800
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by cameland
    If you are getting jims though id suggest revolveclothing, if you email them saying your a first time customer they will give you a 30% discount
    Unfortunately, they won't do this for nudies anymore. Why, I don't know.

    btw that was one of the best explinations I have read. I would make it a "sticky".

  5. #5
    AHH really?? i was planning on buying my next nudie from there! When did they stop doing the discounts on nudies bilmaga? and do you know if it was for just jeans or their shirts and stuff as well?

    But about that sticky thing, i was planning on doing a comprehensive sticky type thread for all the cuts but when i was piecing it together i didn't know enough about some of the cuts so i just put it off and never did it! Although if one of the mods wants me to do it for the cuts i do know then ill be more than happy to make one.
    Nudie Dry Denim FAQ
    Part I
    Part II

  6. #6
    Super Moderator The Truth bilmaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    5,800
    Images
    6
    I think it is everything nudie, not just the jeans. But the 15% discount still works.

    I remember telling someone on a revolve thread to e-mail and ask for the discount and they said that they will no longer honor it on nudie products. To me it's stupid not to honor it, because they will probably lose more sales by not doing it, rather than giving a discount.

  7. #7
    I got turned down when I asked for the discount last december but I have heard of people getting it since then. There may be an uninformed employee there or something like that.

  8. #8
    much thanks for the glorious help

    a few further questions

    Quote Originally Posted by cameland
    Slim Jim Dry. SJD
    It is the most "blue" slim jim and is also the lightest weight slim jim.
    [Broken Twill but were meant to be switched to Ola right hand denim but doesnt seem like theres a full transition yet.
    The older jims were redcasted which basically makes them a more vintage blue colour but i am unsure if the new jims have this.
    Most common slim jim and also the cheapest.
    this model is most similar to the older slim jims, yes?
    could someone specify how similar they are exactly? such as the aforementioned redcasting, etc.
    Also, is the sizing the same as the older ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by cameland
    Slim Jim Dry Greycast. SJDG
    Slightly more expensive than the SJD. Japanese Denim and the heaviest weight Jim of them all. very stiff and has a greencast. So the jeans kinda look more green when raw but when you wash them they slowly turn more blue, its a very unique denim really.
    The colour is quite distinct and it is the fastest fading Jim.
    Right Hand Twill
    Would anyone happen to have particularly good pictures of the greycast? the pictures I have seen are very lacking in the justice they give the actual color, and this greycast intrigues me
    Also, what makes the weight so heavy?

    Quote Originally Posted by cameland

    Slim Jim Dry Japan. SJDJ

    Same price as the SJDG. Made of japanese denim. A blue in between the greycast and the regular dry and i think its weight is somewhere in between the SJD and the SJDG. Its one of the newer jims to come out and there aren't many worn in pics of them yet. Right Hand Twill
    would it be correct to assume that these are fairly enough comparable in the denim color/likeness of dior made in japans?

    Quote Originally Posted by cameland
    Slim Jim Dry Black. SJDB
    Same weight as the SJD but its a black overdye. So it was an indigo denim that has been overdyed in black. Because of its dying process its probably the hardest to break nudie but there are various pics in the gallery they do fade but take about 3 times the amount of wear.
    How does the color and quality of this black overdye stack up to most higher quality black overdyed jeans? once again, it is difficult for me to determine through pictures, and I have no real access to nudies within about 300 miles

    Also, what did you mean by
    "I have no idea what twill it is but it probably won't matter to you much if youre buying black jeans"?
    sorry for the ignorance

    Quote Originally Posted by cameland

    Slim Jim Dry Black Coated. SJDBC

    Italian denim. Its about the blackest jim. Has a wax resin coating which gives it a unique matte look when raw but this quickly changes to a shiny leather type material after about a months wear and does fade similar to the dry black. This isn't out yet in every country and should be the same price as regular Jims if not maybe a little bit more. Same weight as regular jims and is right hand twill.
    Could specification on the wax resin coating and its change to a shiny leather type material be elaborated upon? I dont quite follow
    Also, I assume these are not available in the US yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by cameland
    To answer your sizing questions you should probably size down what you wear in dior for a slim fit. consider even sizing down two for a fit similar to your diors but this all depends on how the diors fit on you (loose vs tight). If you plan to wash more regularly then you should size down 1 as the frequent washings will bring it back to size quite often and there is less time for stretching. If you plan to go for 12 or more months without washing you may consider sizing down a full 2 sizes to accommodate a year of stretching.
    Say I were to follow the fairly average standard of 6 months first wash and then occasionally after that, and I wanted a fit not as slim as dior 19cms but still fairly slim, would sizing down 1 from my true waist size/the size listed on the pair be adequate for that purpose?

    and one final question, is the sizing in all dimensions the same among all of those models?

    Thank you very much for all your help. I cant bring myself to buy something like this unless I understand it and all of my options very well :D

  9. #9
    your best bet is to go and try them on somewhere. that'll give you an idea of the sizing/fit, and you'll also get to see the different denim/colours in person.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cd1
    , and I have no real access to nudies within about 300 miles

    :D
    I cried when i had no shoes until i met the man with no feet

Similar Threads

  1. 6x6 models?
    By jrichey1978 in forum Japanese Brands
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th August 2007, 12:27
  2. Different models of the slim jim.. ??
    By lowietje30 in forum Slim Jim
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 6th November 2006, 23:53
  3. Nudie pricing in Spain?
    By cielo in forum Nudie Shopping
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20th April 2006, 10:03
  4. Sizing compared to other nudie models?
    By Coffee in forum Flare Glenn
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th April 2005, 21:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •