PDA

View Full Version : do you fold or hang your shirts?

JazzMan
22nd January 2006, 06:15
I've always hung my t-shirts, hoodies and sweaters but recently some of my friends have told me that its a bad idea because it stretches out the neck and that i should fold them. Which do you prefer?

Jeremy
22nd January 2006, 07:06
considering i have 116 t-shirts (though every season i wear about 16-20)... i fold them, purely for space sakes :D ...though my more expensive t-shirts i do hang them up...

I only hang up jackets and collared shirts, polo shirts etc. My knitwear are folded along with sweatshirts and jumpers... i also hang most of my Jeans on hooks behind my door, wall etc.

If you really need to hang your shirts, use hangers which are wide enough to fit the shoulders of the shirts properly, the problem with the neck is easy.

Insert the hanger UNDER the shirt, as in DO NOT stretch the necks to fit it in. If you insert it from the bottom it wont stretch anything...

batman
22nd January 2006, 07:51
Yes, if you are going to hang shirts it is very important to invest in good wide wood hangers....not the cheap small plastic ones that screws up your clothes.

INDIGO GIRL
30th November 2011, 23:03
I hang everything - jackets, knitwear, shirts, jeans

It just looks nice

I'd like everything on wooden hangers one day but what I do use (plastic) are all identical - bought in Paris

Like a mini museum

IG

Offhand
8th February 2012, 19:17
Fold or chuck in a pile for moi. depending on mood

Subway
20th February 2012, 21:26
Hang, I fold shirts 5 hours a night at work so not gonna bother with that at home.