PDA

View Full Version : Singaporean Nudie Fans

Pages : [1] 2

oeija
26th April 2009, 19:23
I've noticed a lot more Singaporeans on our forum lately. Since there really isn't any other place where we can chat/discuss besides the 'denim in singapore' thread on SUFU, i think we should have a thread here!

So.. along with the new layout comes a thread for Singaporeans! So where are you guys? Introductions anyone?

dKwan
26th April 2009, 21:32
Im Indonesian, but living in singapore ..

does that count ? :mrgreen:

oeija
27th April 2009, 17:14
haha. sure sure.
my grandparents are indo chinese but my dad is born here.
well, i'm 20 and doing my NS now.
Nice to hear from other people who are beating up some denim our weather.

The weathers been extremely hot lately huh...

invidious
27th April 2009, 22:57
Im Indonesian, but living in singapore ..

does that count ? :mrgreen:

same with this bro haha.. btw i prefer this "extremely hot weather" rather than the last time when Singapore was raining everyday..

dKwan
28th April 2009, 02:34
you sure invidious ? :D

I prefer the weather from last year, around november and december
Windy, blue Sky with thick cloud covering us from killer sunlight ..

btw oeija, what jeans have you been rockin lately?

invidious
28th April 2009, 07:28
well, if i had to compare between hot and raining, i prefer hot anytime LOL.
anyone went to uniqlo already? why they have to choose tampines it's very far from my place hahah...

oeija
28th April 2009, 07:42
you sure invidious ? :D

I prefer the weather from last year, around november and december
Windy, blue Sky with thick cloud covering us from killer sunlight ..

btw oeija, what jeans have you been rockin lately?

I'm rotating between a pair of Grim Tim Black selvage and a pair of S710xx. Yup. I've retired a pair of my slim jims for a while since i gained a bit too much weight =s.

i really want the Dry Bones X Sufu and also want to join the denim contest.... dunno how to raise 800 bucks in 2 months just for jeans..

here's a cross post of some photos i took earlier in jan/feb
http://www.mynudies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3182&page=512

oeija
28th April 2009, 07:46
^invidious

i think they want to appeal to like the heartlanders and mass market since its meant to be affordable and chic casual wear... so where better than to start with singapore's biggest housing area. its like the biggest hdb hub or something.

i went down. the raw selvage jeans look really good. quite bang for your buck at 99 SGD. Nice construction, clean stitching. Pretty good for a pair of dress jeans.
its 2.5 times cheapers than apc and 5 times cheaper than diors... so.. definitely worth it at that price point.
i think they make really good basic. tees, polos etc... you should drop by!

invidious
28th April 2009, 08:21
@oeija: how are their prices compared to topshop/zara (tees and polos)? i had looked inside their web and i like the look on their plain polos but not sure about the cutting/fitting. i'm looking for a similar cutting as zara basic polos. btw, since they are from japan, do their M size tops fit more like small M? since i own a MIJ FP polo and they do feel tight and don't think will buy some more although their cutting is actually great. i just feel a bit uncomfort when wearing it LOL.

dKwan
28th April 2009, 11:43
i remember saw picture of your jeans from 'jeans progress' thread, but didnt realize it was you..
Sick Jims !
It's rare to see someone beat up their jeans like that in Singapore, i saw alot of nudies at Orchard, but none of them beaten up..
Mostly still fresh and raw..

I'm aiming for uniqlo's basic tee as well, but got no chance to go there for now .. =(

oeija
28th April 2009, 15:11
i started breaking those in around June 2007.
it was really rare then. like nobody else had nudies and it was cool to see someone with them every once a while... now its EVERYWHERE man! but like you said its all still new and raw. A bit sian to see so many people with them at times.

I still want 2-3 more pairs of Nudies though. Really digging the Grey Coated denims. And maybe a pair of nudies famous dry selvage japans...

*btw those Jims were sea washed in our very own... SENTOSA

oeija
28th April 2009, 15:14
I haven't actually gone in to try the Uniqlo stuff. i just dropped by and looked at the raw denim and t shirt designs since i was in the area.

so.. anyone can answer Invidious's questions on the FIT and CUT of Uniqlo basics like Tees and Polos?
I'd like to know too.

dKwan
29th April 2009, 06:15
Lol, speakin of sea washed, did you get any weird stare from people ?

few months ago, was wearing my dry denim at sentosa, people stare at me like i'm weirdo :mrgreen:

oeija
30th April 2009, 11:36
not really. its cause i went at night..
i was bored and i just went to the beach with my gf and decided to jump ino the sea n wash them.

it was quite scary swimming around at 1130pm. so i just kinda sat in the shallow area and used the sand to rub my jeans

oeija
30th April 2009, 11:48
not really. its cause i went at night..
i was bored and i just went to the beach with my gf and decided to jump into the sea n wash them.

it was quite scary swimming around at 1130pm. so i just kinda sat in the shallow area and used the sand to rub my jeans..

ng_tetet
30th April 2009, 12:52
... and why the fxxx you guys didnt make it singaporean-malaysian???
we are neighbor and used to be together too! lol.

xxhalcyonxx
30th April 2009, 15:59
well, if i had to compare between hot and raining, i prefer hot anytime LOL.
anyone went to uniqlo already? why they have to choose tampines it's very far from my place hahah...

They are opening another one in Orchard Ion if I am not wrong. Same goes for Dior Homme and a whole lot of other labels.

xxhalcyonxx
30th April 2009, 16:15
oeija:
Oh man, how could you guys wash your jeans in the sea of Singapore? Gosh, the water of Singapore is unlike those of other countries which is clear and reflect the sky, hence, blue. I only see shades of greena and brown here. . .
Regarding Uniqlo, I went the first few days it opened. As read in the papers, the queue took me 20 minutes to get in. I loathe the queueing
habit of Singaporeans but I was in Tampines, there was a new shopping centre so I decided to give it a shot and to check out the denim there. Wanted to try them out, but the queue to the dressing room is an estimated 30 minutes long by the sales personnel. So, guess next time.
Anyway, nice thread, subscribed.

invidious:
The Fred Perry polo t-shirts that are made in Japan runs a little smaller and tight fitted than others. I am kind of worried about the sizing from Uniqlo too as my clothing from Japan normally runs smaller and tighter than others that are made that size. I really like plain basic t-shirts. U sually get them from Topman as they have several locations and they always stock up on them. I like t-shirts from Zara but those that I like normally ran out of my size. I went Uniqlo and saw some that I like, if my memory serves me right they were pretty cheap compared to the other 2 brands that I mentioned too.

oeija
30th April 2009, 16:54
... and why the fxxx you guys didnt make it singaporean-malaysian???
we are neighbor and used to be together too! lol.
No love lost no love lost! Msians are welcome here as well... lol. How do I go about changing the thread title?

oeija
30th April 2009, 17:05
@xxhalcyonxx
there's no more queues at uniqlo now. it's still got a high volume of customers but you no longer have to queue. and yes there's going to be one at ION orchard.Sizing wise, Uniqlo fits smaller than all the other AngMoh brands. About a size smaller. So a typical European M is about a large there. Basically up a size

anyway. Addressing my fellow, South East Asians, who's up for the Denime 66xx contest!!

btw, the sea wash here, works pretty well. My jims really turned out very nicely if you refer to the grim tim dry black selvage or gallery to have a look at them.

Come come all ye Malaysians, Singaporeans and South East asians... join the thread! haha

lowyoke
30th April 2009, 17:06
Tet is indonesian but currently living in Sunway lol ....

xxhalcyonxx
30th April 2009, 17:24
ng_tetet:
You have to pass the causeway first. ;-)

oeija:
You know I am in, I don't know how many Singaporeans there are but I am number 18. I have been observing your jeans progress, so yeah, pretty decent outcome. Do note that I have nothing against sea wash, just the sea of Singapore.
Seems like you have been to Uniqlo recently huh. You stay around Tampines? I couldn't bring myself to go there any time soon, kind of far and the main objective is to visit the store. I'll see if anyone around me would want to go, if not, it's usually every 6 months or so that I visit Tampines.

oeija
30th April 2009, 17:47
i drop by every time i have math tuition.
my tutors house is like 5 mins walk from Tamp One..I think the uniqlo stuff is really nice. but then again so many people will have it. it's gonna be like zara, they'l be a high chance someone else is wearing the same t-shirt or polo you are wearing if you head down to town. lose that exclusivity if you know what i mean? =s

xxhalcyonxx
30th April 2009, 18:44
That's just Singapore. Our market is limited and there are just so "many" brands around. Unless you get it shipped from elsewhere, most likely you will find people wearing the same thing.
How about hopping in the Denime 66xx competition, I think that has not happened in Singapore yet. 8-)

invidious
30th April 2009, 18:45
Same goes for Dior Homme and a whole lot of other labels.

wohoo... but dior better to get online hahah... retail price will be like crazy :shock:

ahh.. will drop by to uniqlo after i finished my final exams. i hope the sizing wouldn't be so troublesome for me.

xxhalcyonxx
30th April 2009, 19:15
invidious:
Where you schooling? I notice you have got your pair already. I wanted one, could you fill me in a little bit more on how to get online, the condition it comes in and the price difference?

invidious
30th April 2009, 19:49
i study at SIM. i purchased it from luisaviaroma website. the price is much cheaper there. i purchased together with dKwan so each pair cost me $470 if i am not mistaken. but 2 weeks after that, i have to pay import tax LOL. if you buy only one, it should cost you about $520 without the custom tax. as the condition, the packaging from luisaviaroma was very nice and neat inside a box. but take a note that my friend helped me to purchase it so i have to pay a proxy fee to him.

btw, dKwan wears his dior everyday now, post a pic or two here bro :mrgreen:

xxhalcyonxx
30th April 2009, 20:12
invidious:
I have went to Club 21 to try out a Dior Homme jeans (19cm if I remember correctly), I like the fit. Wanted to get one but they don't have the made in Japan dry/raw version. I am planning to join the Denime 66xx competition, if it doesn't start any time soon, I may use my pay to get either a made in Japan Dior Homme 19cm or The Flat Head's SE05BSP.

So $470 and how much you pay for the import tax?
If I get it at $520, no more additional charges?
The shipping takes 2 weeks?
When you say it comes in a box, does it come in a Dior Homme box or the website you bought from?

dKwan:
How long have you worn your Dior Homme? Care to share some fit pictures?:mrgreen:

invidious
30th April 2009, 20:24
yeah, club21 doesn't bring in MIJ. i paid around $33 i think. yeah $520 no more charges from the web, only custom tax. you better buy it in group because you can share the shipping cost man. btw, it was the luisaviaroma box.

ng_tetet
30th April 2009, 22:17
nevermind man, i was just making stupid joke. nice new thread anyway. hope more singaporean would join soon.

dKwan
1st May 2009, 04:51
@invidious & xxhalcyonxx
been wearing mine for 2 months and a half now, but no progress at all, this jeans is stubborn, so no worth taking picture for now.. :(

Btw i got topic for you guys..

Have you ever got 'brand-checked' when you walk around in the city?
sometimes i feel that people staring at my clothes with that kind of 'hate' eyes, is it just me or you guys got it as well ? :mrgreen:

oeija
1st May 2009, 06:32
mmmm. i don't think i've been brand checked before. at least when i wore nudie not many people really knew what they were. n now that i wear black selvages, you cant even see the back pocket stitch. but i must say i am guilty of checking certain things. when it comes to DH raws, Sugarcanes, Nudies etc (raw denim thats spotted more often on our local scene), i tend to take a second or third look to see if theres fading, honeycombing and stuff. haha. but i dont really STARE with hateful eyes though.

xxhalcyonxx
1st May 2009, 06:34
invidious:
Thanks for the information, I have got a better view on how much I am going to pay for a pair of Dior Homme. Now, to find someone to share shipping. . . 8-)

ng_tetet:
Chill, like oeija said, "Malaysians, Singaporeans and South East asians... join the thread!", I was just teasing you. Cheer up a little.

dKwan:
Which did you get, the black or the indigo? I seldom pay attention to people looking at me. But I do like looking at people's butt for the jeans they are wearing. :lol:

oeija
1st May 2009, 06:41
i think most people who enjoy denim will do that. starting at other peoples butts and jeans.

@xxhalcyonxx
i really want to join the competition man! but i can only join if it starts sept or even better oct/nov. i'm quite short on cash now. esp as an nsf. if i buy the jeans it means one month of allowance gone. and i'm busy lately. if i teach tuition once a week i would be able to pick up the jeans within 3 lessons... but i cant do that till after sept...

oeija
1st May 2009, 06:42
anyhere bought the DH Silver Selvage MIJ?

xxhalcyonxx
1st May 2009, 07:04
I am planning to. If I am not wrong, they produce it every season, so no rush. My priority list, Denime 66xx, The Flat Head's SE05BSP then Dior Homme 19cm silver selvage made in Japan. But now, there may be a swap between Denime 66xx and The Flat Head's SE05BSP as the contest ain't starting any time soon before August. Kiya told me that The Flat Head SE05BSP is limited and they won't restock it in the future (damn, now they only have 1 piece left).

invidious
1st May 2009, 07:54
Which did you get, the black or the indigo?

both of us got the MIJ raw black sz 29 LOL

xxhalcyonxx
1st May 2009, 08:01
I have seen some pictures of black Dior Homme that fade pretty nicely. Those you guys bought, are they seilver selvage?

oeija
1st May 2009, 08:25
I have seen some pictures of black Dior Homme that fade pretty nicely. Those you guys bought, are they seilver selvage?

no black silver selvage dude.
there's only indigo ones.
the normal MIJ are not even selvage. you gotta pay another 100-200 more for selvage. so its about 650 or so.

invidious
1st May 2009, 08:31
http://www.mynudies.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=6292&c=11

idk if this is really what he said.

xxhalcyonxx
1st May 2009, 08:40
How about yours, is it selvage at all?

oeija
1st May 2009, 08:43
hmmm i dunno maybe it does exist and i'm wrong. but i rmbr someone telling me they don't have them in black. perhaps they are much rarer..

invidious
1st May 2009, 09:17
How about yours, is it selvage at all?

no, i don't really think i need this "selvage" thing on my dior hahah.. i used to have GTDBS same like oeija but ordered 1 size bigger thus sold it.

btw oeija, where about are you schooling?

nightrain
1st May 2009, 09:50
^there is mij black silver selvage. i saw couple of pairs here at assin in australia selling for au$700 or somethin

iwannudies
1st May 2009, 10:34
No love lost no love lost! Msians are welcome here as well... lol. How do I go about changing the thread title?
I can change the thread title if you want, just let me know what you want it changed to ;-)

xxhalcyonxx
1st May 2009, 10:37
oeija is serving his national service if I am not wrong.

dKwan
1st May 2009, 19:51
so, i went to uniqlo ..

one word, CROWDED !!

need at least 20 minutes before i get a chance to try the clothes on ..
and need another 20 minutes to pay for it ..

got a polo from them, the material is not bad at all and it's only $19..
and i love their belts, $39 for a decent belt..
as for the jeans, i'd say worth every peny of it

the trip ends with happy ending :mrgreen:

invidious
1st May 2009, 20:21
wow, got the polo pics?? how's the sizing?

dKwan
1st May 2009, 21:30
i'll try to take picture of it tomorrow, it's gettin late here :mrgreen:

about the sizing, i don't really know how to explain it
but i think their sizing is just the same as guess, zara, pull & bear ..

I hope someone will come out with better explanation about the sizing :mrgreen:

ng_tetet
1st May 2009, 21:38
the normal MIJ are not even selvage. you gotta pay another 100-200 more for selvage. so its about 650 or so.

this sounds so bullshit to me.

oeija
1st May 2009, 21:54
@ng tetet
what do you mean? isnt the silver selvage 273 EUROS on Luisaviaroma?

uniqlo surely packed. its a public holiday!

xxhalcyonxx
2nd May 2009, 04:28
got a polo from them, the material is not bad at all and it's only $19..
and i love their belts, $39 for a decent belt..
as for the jeans, i'd say worth every peny of it

Do show your loot from Uniqlo.

oeija
2nd May 2009, 05:52
@invidious

im in army now. i'l ORD in Nov, then i guess im free for a few months till i go to uni.

xxhalcyonxx
2nd May 2009, 05:59
What university and course you going to?

oeija
2nd May 2009, 06:03
not sure yet.
i just had my Nus law + econs double degree interview. i'll get a reply from them in 2 wks time.

I'll be applying overseas too though, to Oxford and LSE later in sept.

i wrote my hobbie as 'denim' on my interview profile and the 2 law professors actually started asking me about it! haha. they were like 'you have a very unusual hobbie. we've never heard of anything like it before.'

quite fun telling them about denim but the lady prof cringed when i told her you don't wash it for 'a few months' didn't dare tell them.. sometimes.. YEARS. =p

xxhalcyonxx
2nd May 2009, 06:31
That's pretty much how people reacted to dry/raw denim around me too. Guess most Singaporeans are new or perhaps disgusted at the thought of spending so much money on a pair of denim that couldn't be washed. People here are picking up though, more are getting dry denims from Nudie Jeans Co. already.

it was really rare then. like nobody else had nudies and it was cool to see someone with them every once a while... now its EVERYWHERE man!
Is it a good thing or not to have clones wearing the same thing, I don't know. I have always been collecting Levi's jeans (Red Loop, RED, Limited Edition, etc.) always wanting to get jeans with awesome fades. It's through Nudie Jeans Co. that I am introduced to the world of dry/raw denim. Now I think Singaporeans are more aware of dry/raw denim.

ng_tetet
2nd May 2009, 08:14
@oeija: no man, im just seriously thinking Dior Homme is too over pricey.

invidious
2nd May 2009, 08:17
ahh.. too many Nudies everywhere man, even in my uni =( the worst thing is many of them don't really know how to "utilize" their raw denim (i.e. posers). btw, my time for denim is expiring soon since i got my job secured already and will start working around mid june. well.. glad that i had a chance to experience raw denim though.

oeija
3rd May 2009, 12:21
@ng_tetet
i have to agree they are very expensive but.. there's just something about DH. the cut is really flattering. its happened about 3 times when i seen people walk by and i say to myself 'that is one heck of a cut' and on closer inspection its DH. Denim quality wise...we all know its not that great.
@invidious
if i'm not wrong i read you're studying at Uni SIM? which campus? my house is a few minutes walk from the Namly campus if it is a campus.. And there's another one near Clementi right?
CONGRATS on securing a job amidst the economic turmoil, all the best! How many pairs of raw have you beat up already?

oeija
3rd May 2009, 12:24
@indivious
Hopefully where you work, its smart casual on fridays!
When I was doing my private banking internship friday can wear jean and a less formal shirt. So you can still get fri, sat and sun for raw denim..

iwannudies
3rd May 2009, 13:01
@ng_tetet
i have to agree they are very expensive but.. there's just something about DH. the cut is really flattering. its happened about 3 times when i seen people walk by and i say to myself 'that is one heck of a cut' and on closer inspection its DH. Denim quality wise...we all know its not that great.

APC New Cures inspired the DH 19cm cut, so a cheaper alternative if DH is too pricey ;-)

xxhalcyonxx
3rd May 2009, 13:53
He is already eyeing a pair in the "APC Petit Standard" thread.

ng_tetet
3rd May 2009, 14:05
yeah, and i ended up buying TLJ since apc has this weird sizing.
i wanna try em on myself but dont know where.

oeija
3rd May 2009, 14:36
isnt the petit standard for chicks?

xxhalcyonxx
3rd May 2009, 14:42
It's in the male section from the website (www.apc.fr (http://www.apc.fr)).

oeija
3rd May 2009, 15:17
errr its kinda in the womens side too.

ng_tetet
3rd May 2009, 18:56
TLJ is also kinda women's........................

xxhalcyonxx
3rd May 2009, 19:09
There is no definite gender specification for any of these two pair of jeans. It could be worn by both male and female, unisex jeans.

invidious
3rd May 2009, 19:17
@invidious
if i'm not wrong i read you're studying at Uni SIM? which campus? my house is a few minutes walk from the Namly campus if it is a campus.. And there's another one near Clementi right?
CONGRATS on securing a job amidst the economic turmoil, all the best! How many pairs of raw have you beat up already?

im studying at the HQ (clementi). if you stay around namly avenue then your house must be nice :mrgreen: actually, i'm pretty new to raw denim (about 1 year plus), my first nudie was Grim Tim Old Scraped Indigo as i never noticed anything about raw denim before (actually the old scraped indigo is still raw but scraped LOL). then i had my first raw which is TFDS but then again i realized that i'm not that into skinny denim. most of my time i spent on my GTDBS which is one/two sizes too big i think, then i was too picky so i decided to stop wearing them. after that i started to buy a lot of prewashed nudie, ksubi, A77 before i purchased my 5 months old GTDDO (this time the size is perfect) :lol: about dior, i think it is more to the hype if u get what i mean.

oeija
4th May 2009, 11:04
my house is pretty alright....
think maybe im just too influenced by the hype =p
i've not even worn my pre-washed for a year or even more! i actually started with True Religions and R&R but once I hit raw denim, those just sat in the cupboard..
Oh yes. I always wanted to check out the Ksubi raws!

xxhalcyonxx
4th May 2009, 11:23
Same experience with you here, I just wonder why I have spent on all the other new jeans that are not dry/raw denims (I spent some money on a pair of Levi's RED and a Levi's Limited Edition but there are others that are being unworn too though). It kind of sucks, with my current mentality, I don't think I would wear them ever again.

dKwan
5th May 2009, 11:55
here's polo that i bought from uniqlo, what do you guys think ?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/songkhi/IMG_7114.jpg

oeija
5th May 2009, 16:01
fits very well!
hahah good for asians! what size did you get?

xxhalcyonxx
5th May 2009, 17:14
I would say it looks fine. I am just as curious as oeija, what size are they and what's your weight and height. Just want to mentally picture how Uniqlo's sizing is like.

invidious
5th May 2009, 18:12
i keen to know too! my guess that should be size M because we're quite the same in terms of overall proportion. and i like how the polo's length is just nice, not like Euro / US standard fit.

dKwan
5th May 2009, 19:02
it's M size, im 170cm and 70-72kg

@invidious
Yes, we got the same body proportion, you should be fine with M :mrgreen:

I'm planning to go there again next month, hope there will be less-crowded..
next target is their belt and boxers :mrgreen:

xxhalcyonxx
5th May 2009, 19:11
I want to go there too! Singapore Nudie Fans meet up cum outing!

invidious
5th May 2009, 19:17
next target is their belt and boxers :mrgreen:

one of my friend said that their boxers have decent quality and very attractive price. btw, do they have many stocks on their polos?

dKwan
5th May 2009, 19:21
@xxhalcyonxx
that would be great!
but i think should wait for another participant bah, the more the merrier..

@invidious
Yep, but the sizes left were either XS or XL
if i'm not wrong, they were 14bucks for 2pcs..

invidious
5th May 2009, 19:41
Yep, but the sizes left were either XS or XL

the polos or boxers bro? i'll be going to uniqlo soon after i finished my finals.

xxhalcyonxx
5th May 2009, 19:46
Haha, it was a random thought. I don't know how I came up with that. I don't know how many would want to as we only have a handful of people chatting in this thread, the plan for the meet up and we have not met each other. Most likely we will meet at Tampines station and spot people wearing dry jeans. Maybe we could invite ng_tetet to cross the custom too!

oeija
7th May 2009, 01:36
we should definitely have a meet up! great idea!

oeija
7th May 2009, 01:37
we should get more s'preans to join this thread first though. have you guys come across the denim thread in hardwarezone? its really active man!

xxhalcyonxx
7th May 2009, 07:36
Nope, I have not come across. Maybe you could refer them to this forum. It's dedicated to denims.
Two seem to show interest on the idea. Now. . . , where are we going, when are we meeting and what are we going to do?

xxhalcyonxx
9th May 2009, 10:31
Today is a public holiday, I wanted to head to Tampines but my girl doesn't want to, so what are you guys doing?

dKwan
9th May 2009, 14:49
Force and drag your gf !
Jk :mrgreen:

Today staying at home ..
work myself pretty hard yesterday, whole part of my body is aching right now :(

oeija
9th May 2009, 16:35
i'm on duty...
wa lauu..
hahaha. i'm camp from 0700 this morning till tmr 0700. but i get back 2x off in lieu. One for a wkend and one for a public holiday. pretty good deal.

I need to lose weight before I go shopping at uniqlo.. stomach so big I'll need to up a size before the shirt can cover my stomach =(

xxhalcyonxx
9th May 2009, 17:28
dKwan:
What dod you do yesterday?

oeija:
You don't seem fat in the pictures you posted, really that bad?

dKwan
9th May 2009, 17:58
@oeija
i thought people will lose weight once they go for their NS because all the training and stuff, no?

@halcyon
nah, just some random stuff that i have to pick from here to there, and the best part is that i have to walk 1km few times while carrying 5-10kgs shitload :shock:
( sounds like whinning, but it's all good in the end :mrgreen: )

anyway, do you guys think that Singapore is way too hot recently ?
last night, the frame of my windows were still 'warm' eventhough it's already 7pm ..

xxhalcyonxx
9th May 2009, 18:32
I think the weather is random. A moment it's sunny, then it's rainy and then sunny again.

invidious
9th May 2009, 19:49
so i went to uniqlo yesterday. heaps of people (and dust) there. initially, i wanted to buy five polos from them, i've tried them on and the fit was pretty spot on, just a bit too long for my liking, but end up only buying two polos (and four briefs) because for the price of $30 i had an expectation that the quality would be decent. for me, i think $20 or $25 should be their polos' fair price, moreover they are made in china and produced in pretty large quantities. i don't know, maybe it was just me, but i prefer the zara basic polos anytime at $40. well, it was still a pleasuring shopping experience since i have finished all my papers.

p.s: they really need to clean up a bit hahah.

invidious
9th May 2009, 20:01
got this from sufu, pretty nice for a black MIJ dior huh? thoughts, dKwan? LOL

http://i41.tinypic.com/30jntkz.jpg

oeija
10th May 2009, 03:24
@invidious
Yes when you are still in training. Once you finish your training, you become sedentary, eg.I'm a medic in the medical centre. You only remain quite fit if you become an infantry man and have to run around everyday.

@xxhalcyonxx
that was after bmt.
and those were my JIMS!! hahah i cant button them anymore. i was 63kg in that photo, now i'm 67kg... so... hahaha. big difference. I got after 1 year as a medic. NO physical training nothing. But i lost 1kg already. So.. 3 more to go..

the quality of the uniqlo polos no good?
i think its a good place to get basic tees.
even they're graphic tees are sold in such large amounts. i bet every other person has the same one.. =s

oeija
10th May 2009, 03:25
got this from sufu, pretty nice for a black MIJ dior huh? thoughts, dKwan? LOL

http://i41.tinypic.com/30jntkz.jpg
those are some reallly beautiful MIJ's man..

xxhalcyonxx
10th May 2009, 03:35
oeija:
Woke up pretty early today huh? My weight varies from 63kg to 68kg and I still fit into all my current size 28 jeans, I am 1.68m by the way.

invidious
10th May 2009, 07:29
@invidious
Yes when you are still in training. Once you finish your training, you become sedentary, eg.I'm a medic in the medical centre. You only remain quite fit if you become an infantry man and have to run around everyday.

the quality of the uniqlo polos no good?
i think its a good place to get basic tees.
even they're graphic tees are sold in such large amounts. i bet every other person has the same one.. =s

you sent it to the wrong person man hahah made me confuse for a while. btw, i wasn't saying that the polos' quality is not good, but they are made in china and produced in large quantities so their costs of production must be cheap, i don't know it just felt different when i compared it with zara polo. the quality is quite okay, that's why i still purchase some. i have no idea about graphic tees man, and i wasn't looking for tees at uniqlo but had a vague look at them and i think the quality should be just alright.

dKwan
10th May 2009, 09:01
@invidious
Yeah, i forgot to mention about 'messy' part last time ..
btw, hows the briefs ? comfortable ? :mrgreen:

i've seen other well-faded dior raw black, better than this one..
definitely inspire me to work harder for the jeans, but i think mine will experience crotch rip soon :(

invidious
10th May 2009, 09:17
@dKwan: you got some pics of the faded black dior?? btw i haven't tried the briefs since i've just washed them.

xxhalcyonxx
10th May 2009, 12:42
I have just been to the airport just now to send me girl off. Dropped by Uniqlo to test the dry/raw selvage. I tried on a size 28, didn't know what length were they. I could button all the buttons except the main top button (I don't know why, but it seems that all size 28 japanese denims I own, they are tighter). I believe in time they will stretch. I am still thinking if I should get a pair from them.

dKwan:
How long have you worn them? What did you do to them?

dKwan
10th May 2009, 13:21
@invidious
Unfortunately, i forgot to save the picture
the picture is somewhere around the old thread of dior homme denim from sufu ..

@halcyon
perhaps you can try to button it down while lying down on floor/bed ?
i've been rockin mine since last febuary, almost 3 months ..
average wear, not something hardcore, but i don't treat em good, i rubbed everything on them, water, sweat, sauce, dust, everything.. :-D

oeija
10th May 2009, 15:29
there was like a flash storm this morning!
i was booking out of camp and my black selvage Tim kena soak from knee down. top part all damp....

drumandbass
10th May 2009, 17:41
Hi guys another nudie fan residing in singapore. (:

Actually been on this forum for a long time just browsing stuff never a registered user. Hahaha. Anyway nice to see some nudie fans here.

oeija
10th May 2009, 18:44
welcome welcome.. we still need more. its only a few of us who participate in this thread..

well. which pairs have you got and how long have you worn them?

drumandbass
11th May 2009, 01:23
Slim Jim dry black for 7 months

currently rocking a thin finn organic dry ecru embo around 1month plus now

xxhalcyonxx
11th May 2009, 02:50
Try inviting those that may be unaware of this thread. I saw 2 yesterday, jinglejangle and andlcool.

dKwan
11th May 2009, 12:21
While we're waiting for people to join this thread..

how about sharing story on how we got our hands on dry denim ?
who introduce them? what is your first impression? what is your first dry denim ?

I'll start first :mrgreen:

Back in 2007, i bought dry denim from topman/zara without knowing the story of 'raw jeans, fading, not washing for few months'
perhaps i love the fresh indigos colour :mrgreen:, and then there's one friend of mine who apperantely wearing nudie, he explain something about not washing them for 6months, at first i thought it's kinda awkward putting on jeans that never been washed for so long..

and then as time goes on, i completely forgot about this denim, till i came across this thread from superfuture showing their denim progression and there's one guy post pictures of his APC denim from 1month to 7 months, it was so amazing, and i put all my attention on denim since then, i became a denim-nerd, hahahaha :mrgreen:

and finally around mid october 2008, i decided to invest my first pair.. ( i mean real pair of dry denim :mrgreen:) which is nudie, but unfortunately i didn't do enough research about downsizing, end up buying true size for SJDBT, and i was fatter back then, end up only rockin em for around 2 months and they gettin looser due to stretch and i kept losing weight (my SJDBT is on sale right now :-D) i don't wear em anymore ..
(For those who wants to know, my waist back then around 33, and now i'm 31)

And then around mid december, i decided to invest on another pair of nudie which is TFDBC (i'm lovin them till now)
however, realized that i don't have any raw indigo or black that i can break, i decided to do another research which later on turns out to be Dior MIJ raw black, and until today i dont have any regrets, loving them! :mrgreen:
(Dior raw black, From Febuary till today, May)

The End

(Boooooooooooo)

xxhalcyonxx
11th May 2009, 12:36
Wow, I think you should start a thread on this, I would like to know how the other forum members started gaining interest in dry/raw denims too. Anyway, you didn't get to wear much of your Thin Finn Dry Black Coated since you have your Dior Homme made in Japan?

oeija
11th May 2009, 14:44
topman/zara got dry denim??!

xxhalcyonxx
11th May 2009, 15:22
I don't know about Zara but I am certain Topman had a coated selvage denim.

dKwan
11th May 2009, 15:26
@xxhalcyonxx
Perhaps you can try to start it, i'll quote my post there :mrgreen:
btw, share your story with us!

@oeija
Yup, but i think the quality isn't really great compare to other company that focused their segment on jeans ..
you too, share your story ! :-D

xxhalcyonxx
11th May 2009, 16:00
For my case, I knew nothing about dry/raw denim until late last year. I have this interest in jeans for quite some time. I always liked and wanted the faded look in jeans. Hence I started my chase for denims with "good fades". I go for brands like Levi's and Topman to stock up my wardrobe. So I started collecting Levi's jeans of different categories (Levi's RED, Levi's Premium, Levi's Red Loop, etc.). However, no matter how many pairs I bought, they all have a common problem, the fadings don't match my body's silhouette.

One fine day, as I did research on jeans like Levi's RED, Cheap Monday, Hells Bells, etc., I stumbled upon this fourm. I started reading up and get to know of this brand called Nudie Jeans Co., I have gotten my first pair of dry/raw denim on the first of November, 2008. It was a Thin Finn Dry Stretch from Queen's Couture. After that, I have got myself Thin Finn Dry Stretch Selvage, Thin Finn Dry Black Coated, Slim Jim Dry Black Coated and Conny Dry Black Coated. Recently, I have got myself a pair of Skull Jeans 5010xx 6x6 (that I am wearing now as I type). So that's my current journey in the world of dry/raw denim and I believe like many others, there's still a long way to go.

drumandbass
11th May 2009, 16:34
I purchased my first nudie somewhere mid last year. But my journey started way before.

Have always been wearing jeans from zara and topman and levis but knew Nudie Jeans from a friend in school about 2 years ago. And at that time i was still in Sec 4. And the price for one pair is really insane for a "schoolboy". Haha. I have been always checking out denim brands such as Evisu, nudies, APC, Dior during that period and each time it tempts me. Well last year while looking for a pair of black denim, i chanced upon the Slim Jim Dry Black thread and thought the fades looked awesome, so decided it was time to get a pair that was over $200. And the next minute i was purchasing it online. Well, still slowly saving for a pair of Dior Blue wash. May get it at the end of the year.

Well, that's my story. And i have no idea why i bought my current pair of TFODEE. When i could have picked up a APC or even dior if i waited a lil' longer. I guess its the urge to get into a pair of nudies in indigo.

~cheers (:

jinglejangle
11th May 2009, 17:25
heh i've been stalking this forum since i was about 14. 3 years later i'm rocking thin finn dry stretch, bought last year boxing day. i always had an interest for jeans, but never really got into dry/raw.

prior to this i too only wore topman jeans. my first pair of raw was julian red california no wash. i didn't know how to size then and they've stretched out too much so i really hate the fit. my second pair was doctor denim terence blue-black. same problem i had with julian red. glad i read up here before i made the same mistake on my nudies.

i keep looking at photos of flatheads, skulls, diors and ALL SORTS OF DENIM and it makes me want to buy new jeans. but i've held out and i hope i will continue to until my thin finns are dead. lust is baddd. lol

@xxhalcyonxx: did you get your skulls online? how do they fit compared to thin finn dry stretch?

xxhalcyonxx
11th May 2009, 17:33
Yes, I did get my Skull Jeans 5010xx 6x6 online from www.selfedge.com (http://www.selfedge.com). What would you like to know about the fit exactly?

drumandbass
11th May 2009, 18:08
hey anybody knows any nice jeans to roll up? The weather here is getting insane. So hot...

I know of levis fenoms but they are freaking expensive

oeija
11th May 2009, 18:56
Well,
I was introduced to raw denim by my gf (sometime when we first started dating). She bought 2 pairs of denim birds from style nordic. At first i thought it was a waste of time. Until I saw some photos online of hard worn nudies on this forum. So in July 2007, I bought myself a pair of Slim Jims off the net.

Following that, I bought a pair of ALD Prescott Sterlings, a pair of Evisu Heritage and a pair of Imperial Dukes (from the LAWN). I eventually sold the Prescotts and Evisus off because I found wanted to go for a slimmer look. The Jims I uploaded in the gallery are my first pair.

Before enlisting I picked up a pair of Samurai s710xx straight from Ratuken. Hahaha. Proud of myself cause I got them for less than 300 SGD!! That time, Yen wasn't so strong plus buying straight from them is much cheaper (even now compared to getting them off, Take 5/BIG/Selfedge)

After my BMT I bought myself a pair of Grim Tim's dry Black Selvage. I only retired my Jims, around Sept 08. I started to break my Tims and Samurai's around Oct 08. Been rotating between the 2 of them ever since. But, cause I'm doing NS not too much time to break them in. My Tim's been getting some good wear lately, so I think in 1 or 2 months can possibly upload some evolution shots.

That's about it for me. I'm still pretty much a noob I guess. Only 1 pair of seriously worn jeans to show.

I never wear my dukes cause I cant fit into them. Too fat to wear the size 29 which is really like a Nudie size 28. Thinking of getting some Grey Coated Jims next month for variation as a little reward for getting in NUS Law!

Well, too much denim.
Too few legs I would say!

jinglejangle
11th May 2009, 19:50
hmm i totally agree! too much denim too few legs!

i'm a student so i have to wear a uniform. if only i got to wear jeans to school, that'd rock!

somehow i'm drawn to skulls and flathead because of the fading. samurai denim looks REALLY quality, but the fits are a little too baggy.

@xxhalcyonxx: well i wanted to know how much they taper from the thigh down to the knee! i wear a size 28/32 thin finn dry stretch and i want something less skinny but not exactly too straight cut either. somewhat in between? what size are you wearing in your thin finns and how'd you size for your skulls?

xxhalcyonxx
12th May 2009, 02:21
I wear size 28/32 for almost all (a couple of 27) of my jeans. I have got myself a size 28 for Skull Jeans 5010xx 6x6, same as my Thin Finn Dry Stretch. First of all, the Skull Jeans 5010xx 6x6 does not taper like Thin Finn Dry Stretch. For the measurements, try http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=204.
The difference would be Skull Jeans 5010xx 6x6 has button fly instead of a zipper, it has selvage, stiffer and heavier denim.

xxhalcyonxx
12th May 2009, 04:24
hey anybody knows any nice jeans to roll up? The weather here is getting insane. So hot...

I know of levis fenoms but they are freaking expensive

I have seen some Levi's Fenom over at The Cathay, they are selling them along with some Comme des Garçons' products, the new Comme des Garçons' shoe is a collaboration with Converse. Yes, the price for those denims are very exaggerated, they cost more than Levi's Vintage Clothing or Levi's RED. I personally don't like this new line from Levi's.

drumandbass
12th May 2009, 12:32
Yah i know of the Cathay store, fenoms are insanely priced too. I think its purely branding.

Wanted to get a pair of nudies to roll up, but i thought that's rather dumb. Maybe Uniqlo Denim. Cheap and good. (:

Louiswillbiteyou
12th May 2009, 16:57
Hahahaha, it seems like you guys are the only ones chatting.

dKwan
13th May 2009, 01:18
what a story there, every person got their own way to enter the denim world ..

@drumandbass
I believe uniqlo will be your best bet, since you only want to roll it up..
i've seen some people roll their nudies, and to be honest it's not really flattering for me, but they got their own taste, so do i :-D

but i got one question though..
how did you guys managed to break several raw jeans at the same time?
luckily i don't really need to wear my TFDBC so often as they're already quite shiny and i don't want it to get more shinier, so i only need to focus on my raw black :-D

oeija
13th May 2009, 06:02
how long did it take for the finns to get shiny? i'm really very interested getting a pair..

anyone have a shiny black coated connie?

xxhalcyonxx
13th May 2009, 10:12
but i got one question though..
how did you guys managed to break several raw jeans at the same time?

My answer is I can't. But that didn't stop me from stocking up my denims.

anyone have a shiny black coated connie?

I have one but it's not shiny though. They are hanging for months now, still have not worn them.

dKwan
13th May 2009, 13:12
@oeija
mine takes 2,5 months :)

@halcyon
more like denim collector, eh?
post your collection here .. :-D

Louiswillbiteyou
13th May 2009, 13:20
Anyone knows where to get a V3 here in Singapore? So far, I haven't seen anywhere selling it.
I soooooo neeeeeeeeed a neeeeeeeeew walleeeeeeeet.

Louiswillbiteyou
13th May 2009, 13:22
My answer is I can't. But that didn't stop me from stocking up my denims.

I have one but it's not shiny though. They are hanging for months now, still have not worn them.

Why didn't you wear them? The weather's kinda shitty these few days, good chance to use them.

oeija
13th May 2009, 13:37
2.5 months of hardcore, everyday wear or normal use?

makes me wanna get a pair. then i got a shiny alternative to denim.

people in my friends hometown (he's from malaysia) asked him if he only had one pair of jeans when he was breaking in his RRDS

xxhalcyonxx
13th May 2009, 14:18
Levi's 501 1947 Limited Edition (unworn)
http://photos1.hi5.com/0041/936/940/FfIYOF936940-02.jpg

http://photos4.hi5.com/0042/488/199/ND.qvU488199-02.jpg

Levi's RED (unworn)
http://photos3.hi5.com/0057/946/786/N3IxoW946786-02.jpg

Conny Dry Black Coated (unworn)
http://photos4.hi5.com/0081/828/603/PHkmEc828603-02.jpg

Slim Jim Dry Black Coated (worn)
http://photos1.hi5.com/0083/428/740/AoGwKk428740-02.jpg

Thin Finn Dry Black Coated (unworn)
http://photos2.hi5.com/0077/464/477/izDdyS464477-02.jpg

Thin Finn Dry Stretch (worn)
http://photos4.hi5.com/0056/721/571/ZzPodi721571-02.jpg

Thin Finn Dry Stretch Selvage (unworn)
http://photos4.hi5.com/0076/564/627/hcoh5I564627-02.jpg

Skull Jeans 5010xx 6x6 (worn)
http://photos4.hi5.com/0082/177/779/Ke.s2a177779-02.jpg

All pictures were taken when they're brand new. The top two Levi's denims ain't dry/raw.

jinglejangle
13th May 2009, 15:23
@ xxhalcyonxx: hmm the measurements on selfedge don't include knee measurements man, so i don't know how much they taper down. from the thigh and hem measurements you roughly know how to size so you don't have balloon thighs, but you need the knee measurements to know if it's a really tapered cut that makes your legs look \ / or if they make your legs look | |. you get what i mean? and i heard that skulls stretch out quite abit so if you've worn them it's like a more realistic measurement of how they will fit.

can you take some knee measurements for me? just measure from side to side when the jeans are laid flat, 13 inches down from the crotch!
you can use this, it's a good measuring guide so you know how your jeans can fit exactly next time you shop online.http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41

dKwan
13th May 2009, 21:14
@oeija
not hardcore, just a normal everyday use except for sunday ..
beware though, if you want to get a coated jeans don't let water fall on em, the stain will be there for at least few hours..
(idk about others but mine is like that)

@halcyon
nice collection there, i always wanted to try torn/patched jeans, but afraid can't pull it off .. :(

xxhalcyonxx
13th May 2009, 21:35
dKwan:
Now, I don't know if I would wear them any more as I would only like to wear dry/raw denims.

xxhalcyonxx
13th May 2009, 21:37
Anyone knows where to get a V3 here in Singapore? So far, I haven't seen anywhere selling it.
I soooooo neeeeeeeeed a neeeeeeeeew walleeeeeeeet.

Try Queen's Couture or Style:Nordic.

oeija
14th May 2009, 01:37
Do you know if dior homme MIJ's are cheaper in Tokyo compared to online sites such as Luisaviaroma?

i have a friend living in japan now and might get her to proxy...

dKwan
14th May 2009, 09:46
cmon quick set up business with her, sell japanese denim here..

i'm sure lotsa people will look for you, including all my friend from indonesia that're crazy with denim, and gimme discount :-D

Louiswillbiteyou
14th May 2009, 16:25
ME TOO! Discounts for those in this forum. Haha.

drumandbass
14th May 2009, 19:45
and not to mention those hyped peeps over in frontall forums.

oeija
15th May 2009, 03:09
proxy business margin to make so small. they usually charge 15-17 percent of the transaction right?
but really. is dior homme MIJ cheaper in Japan?
What kind of jeans you all want? If you all serious, you go all tell me I'll ask her in one shot she want she says...

drumandbass
15th May 2009, 09:23
I doubt it'll be alot cheaper.

How bout waiting for the new Dior Homme store to open in Ion.

Louiswillbiteyou
15th May 2009, 15:53

How bout waiting for the new <a href="dior%20homme" onmouseover="window.status='Dior Homme'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Dior Homme</a> store to open in Ion.

That will be ages. Haha.

jinglejangle
15th May 2009, 16:39
hey xxhalcyonxx, any fit pics of your skulls? (:

Rebelimes
16th May 2009, 08:06
hai guys...

i need help, do u guys know where i can get imperial denim in Singapore??

can u give me the name of the shop together with the address.

thx..

cheers....;-)

xxhalcyonxx
16th May 2009, 11:34

Cheaper or not, I don't know. I do have to agree that there won't be much price difference.

That will be ages. Haha.

About 2 months if I am not wrong.

xxhalcyonxx
16th May 2009, 11:39
@ xxhalcyonxx: hmm the measurements on selfedge don't include knee measurements man, so i don't know how much they taper down. from the thigh and hem measurements you roughly know how to size so you don't have balloon thighs, but you need the knee measurements to know if it's a really tapered cut that makes your legs look \ / or if they make your legs look | |. you get what i mean? and i heard that skulls stretch out quite abit so if you've worn them it's like a more realistic measurement of how they will fit.

can you take some knee measurements for me? just measure from side to side when the jeans are laid flat, 13 inches down from the crotch!
you can use this, it's a good measuring guide so you know how your jeans can fit exactly next time you shop online.http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41 (http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41)

If you look hard enough, you don't need to ask me such a question.

hey xxhalcyonxx, any fit pics of your skulls? (:

No, I don't have any fit pictures of mine.

invidious
16th May 2009, 17:16
hai guys...

i need help, do u guys know where i can get imperial denim in Singapore??

can u give me the name of the shop together with the address.

thx..

cheers....;-)

The Lawn at Wheelock Place 3rd floor, 501 Orchard Rd

jinglejangle
16th May 2009, 17:28
oh i just realised blue in green has skulls too. whoops! sorry for my mistake xxhalcyonxx.

projectoats
18th May 2009, 09:44
The Lawn at Wheelock Place 3rd floor, 501 Orchard Rd

I think The Lawn doesn't sell Imperial anymore. I went Wheelock about 3 weeks back but the sales person told me they don't bring in Imperial anymore. Anyone can confirm?

oeija
18th May 2009, 18:51
last i heard they weren't gonna bring imperials in anymore. but i saw quite a lot of stock a few months back! like they couldn't sell their inventories or smthing =(

xxhalcyonxx
18th May 2009, 18:55
Most Singaporeans aren't that aware of the brand Imperial perhaps.

invidious
18th May 2009, 19:01
pretty bad then, imo their prices are quite good.

xxhalcyonxx
18th May 2009, 19:07
How much they selling?

invidious
18th May 2009, 19:24
$375

oeija
19th May 2009, 11:05
i got my dukes for 250sgd

xxhalcyonxx
19th May 2009, 12:59
Here, in Singapore?

Louiswillbiteyou
19th May 2009, 15:59
I was at The Lawn a few weeks back and they still have some Imperials left. Leftovers imo.

oeija
19th May 2009, 18:49
yup. from the Lawn. when they were still next to Odeon Katong

invidious
19th May 2009, 19:25
maybe they have revised their prices. couple of months ago, i saw a pair of shearer with a price tag of $375.

hikikomori
19th May 2009, 20:15
hi guys, i'm new to this forum.

oeija
20th May 2009, 04:50
i think they raised their prices quite a bit actually.
overheads must have shot up at wheelock.

Louiswillbiteyou
20th May 2009, 06:46
I think so too. Haha

invidious
20th May 2009, 08:08
overheads must have shot up at wheelock.

should be one of the reasons of the price hike. talking about the differences between doing business in katong and orchard :lol: then you are very lucky man, $250 is a really good price.

oeija
20th May 2009, 08:18
i also had extra discount. 20% if im not wrong. so it must about 300 SGD full price last time i guess. but i also never wear my dukes only worn 5 times....

xxhalcyonxx
20th May 2009, 10:30
You have worn slightly lesser times than my Slim Jim Dry Black Coated. Why did you wear it so little?

oeija
20th May 2009, 14:24
cuz its very hot and its quite tight. ahaha. it was already very tight when i bought it. now i cant wear it. n the cut is harder to pull off than the nudie ones. the rise is really high

oeija
20th May 2009, 15:20
oh yes. anyone here into leather goods?

jinglejangle
20th May 2009, 19:37
haha me! i bought a natural leather wallet and and belt from corter.

oeija
21st May 2009, 05:20
cool! i was wondering if anyone want to order from Obenauf together. apparently its the best and highly recommended by the people here and at sufu for cleaning your leather goods like redmoon wallets and belts n stuff

hikikomori
21st May 2009, 06:17
Hi guys, how much does a pair of Thin Finn cost in QC?

xxhalcyonxx
21st May 2009, 15:27
Near $300.

jinglejangle
21st May 2009, 16:00
@ oejia: YEAH I WANT SOME OBENAUFS! mink oil is quite thick, it frigging clogs the pores of my belt and wallet, and it doesn't exactly help "oil" the wallet properly because it doesn't penetrate the leather as well. get me on msn! i pmed you.

projectoats
21st May 2009, 18:27
Hi guys, how much does a pair of Thin Finn cost in QC?

I went there about a month back was $259. That time they say the euro drop so they cut the price also.

xxhalcyonxx
22nd May 2009, 03:46
That's like $30 to $40 cheaper than how much I have paid.

projectoats
22nd May 2009, 04:26
That's like $30 to $40 cheaper than how much I have paid.

Yea the sales person there told me they dropped the price from $290. Guess they have to compete with the online prices. But still buying online is cheaper by like $40 after the drop.

Most people simply go there to try the sizing, I have to admit that I did that too. :-|

And nudies are getting really popular now. Will see at least afew when I go to town. Might be switching to the TFDBC so the wave stitching not so obvious or get a pair of APC's. Anyone got suggestions?

xxhalcyonxx
22nd May 2009, 14:37
I was at The Lawn a few weeks back and they still have some Imperials left. Leftovers imo.

Just been there, no more. They have a list though, if it hits 20, they will order again.

oeija
23rd May 2009, 04:41
todays, TODAY paper got a write up on Redwing boots! they have a shop in Singapore. prices range from 299 and up..

xxhalcyonxx
23rd May 2009, 04:44
Which shop they writing about? The one at Suntec City?

oeija
23rd May 2009, 05:49
its in the today la..

i think if im not wrong.. its Victoria Lane or smthing like that..

invidious
23rd May 2009, 06:32
A store at Heeren (66 Woodlands Avenue if i'm not mistaken), they sell leather stuffs, also stocks RW, on the same floor as QC. Leftfoot is also stocking them.

Louiswillbiteyou
24th May 2009, 11:21
A store at Heeren (66 Woodlands Avenue if i'm not mistaken), they sell leather stuffs, also stocks RW, on the same floor as QC. Leftfoot is also stocking them.

Go there for your leather stuffs, my friend custom made his leather bag there and the workmanship is great.

As for RWs, another store is some new shop (artisan exchange i think) @ the 3rd floor of iluma. They have stocks of them there.

xxhalcyonxx
25th May 2009, 12:39
Louiswillbiteyou:
Yeah, noticed that shop too. They have got some Japanese dry/raw denims too if I remember correctly.

oeija
25th May 2009, 17:36
they used to be downstairs right? about 3-4 years ago they were a little leather shop outside the old Marche yes?

Louiswillbiteyou
26th May 2009, 03:35
Louiswillbiteyou:
Yeah, noticed that shop too. They have got some Japanese dry/raw denims too if I remember correctly.

Yeap, Aika Jeans. I was supposed to work there :(, but i'm glad i didn't. My friend works there and he said they have to wear the shop's products, which is not quite my style.

Louiswillbiteyou
26th May 2009, 03:40
they used to be downstairs right? about 3-4 years ago they were a little leather shop outside the old Marche yes?

Not sure about that. Haha.
Another leathersmith I know is at Haji lane. I just got a wallet done by him. :-D

xxhalcyonxx
26th May 2009, 15:32
Yeap, Aika Jeans. I was supposed to work there :(, but i'm glad i didn't. My friend works there and he said they have to wear the shop's products, which is not quite my style.

They have Red Wing boots!

oeija
27th May 2009, 03:20
Not sure about that. Haha.
Another leathersmith I know is at Haji lane. I just got a wallet done by him. :-D

Custom wallet?
I dunno. I am thinking of getting a new wallet. My redmoon is 2 years old already and is still in tip top condition but i just want some sort of variety in my wallets now i guess..

Louiswillbiteyou
27th May 2009, 08:44
They have Red Wing boots!

YES, AND THE STAFF THERE INCLUDING MY FRIEND GOT TO GET THEM FOR FREE. They got some jap denim too. :-|
If i'm not wrong, the shop to affiliated to the Redwing shop in Suntec.

p.s. DAMN, my friend got a Redwing (not redmoon) long wallet from the boss. I wanna work there now. :(

Custom wallet?
I dunno. I am thinking of getting a new wallet. My redmoon is 2 years old already and is still in tip top condition but i just want some sort of variety in my wallets now i guess..

Yeap, custom. :-D
Too much wallet is good, but too bad you can only keep your money in one! :mrgreen:

oeija
29th May 2009, 16:55
singapore got sell the redwing gentleman's traveller series?

oeija
29th May 2009, 16:56
and also whats the price range like? is it a lot more expensive than buying from cultizm?

Louiswillbiteyou
30th May 2009, 06:24
@oeija
Not too sure about that man, might want to check it out at iluma though.

zwgbenny
31st May 2009, 21:38
Hi guys. Just saw that there's a Singapore thread here and being a Singaporean, i decided to join in. Currently residing in Sydney for another 2 years to go before my uni ends.

oeija
2nd June 2009, 08:55
Uni Sydney?

Welcome to the thread!

Went down to uniqlo yesterday! Bought myself a basic Tee.

Absolutely spot on with the uniqlo fit. Really much more Asian friendly. =)

tim_sum
2nd June 2009, 12:13
Lol am actually in HK now... haha they've got plenty of uniqlos over here and its really cheap. the designs are aplenty as well... : ) gosh haven't been able to wear my nudies... one more month, and i'll be back in sunny singapore!

oeija
2nd June 2009, 16:55
hows the pricing over there?
my girlfriend said its really expensive over here.
about 20-25% more expensive than in Japan.
she goes to tokyo almost every year and refuses to buy anything from the tampines one outlet.

@tim_sum
Polo's here are about 30SGD
Basic tees 15 SGD.

How much are they in HK?

tim_sum
3rd June 2009, 09:56
hows the pricing over there?
my girlfriend said its really expensive over here.
about 20-25% more expensive than in Japan.
she goes to tokyo almost every year and refuses to buy anything from the tampines one outlet.

@tim_sum
Polo's here are about 30SGD
Basic tees 15 SGD.

How much are they in HK?

Hey josh! That's a really prompt reply! Lol...
I'm parking online on the website everyday now that I'm at work... : P
Oh yeah about the pricing... recently Hong Kong uniqlo was having this major printed tee-shirt sales. I think its about SGD 13 dollar a tee. I bought two base ball raglans that apparently wasn't available in Singapore. Thought it was a pretty good deal :) as for the polos its roughly around the same. The good thing about HK is that you probably wouldn't have to queue for 20 mins and the service here's excellent.

oeija
4th June 2009, 16:03
get pretty bored in camp so i tend to use the computer quite a bit.
really just can't wait to finish army and head off to uni..

hmmm. it's about 30sgd for a polo as well?
it's much better here in Singapore on weekdays already, I never dared try enter that mall on weekends...

tim_sum
15th June 2009, 10:00
get pretty bored in camp so i tend to use the computer quite a bit.
really just can't wait to finish army and head off to uni..

hmmm. it's about 30sgd for a polo as well?
it's much better here in Singapore on weekdays already, I never dared try enter that mall on weekends...

The last time i went to visit uniqlo they're having a promotion on their polos as well. bout 20 SGD a piece.

Who's from UNI SYD?
lol I'm actually planning an exchange there in Semester I 2010.

oeija
17th June 2009, 10:58
exchange? which school you at now tim_sum?

tim_sum
18th June 2009, 07:30
exchange? which school you at now tim_sum?

Singapore Management University.
Yourself?

xxhalcyonxx
18th June 2009, 16:39
That's like walking distance from my place.

oeija
19th June 2009, 04:05
Singapore Management University.
Yourself?

ooh. im in ns. got a place at nus law sch.
SMU's location is excellent, central and convenient

oeija
19th June 2009, 04:07
That's like walking distance from my place.
walking distance? where do you stay?

reevelui
28th June 2009, 21:50
wow i just realised that such thread actually exists

JinGx
4th July 2009, 14:37
Anyone knows where I can get Naked and Famous in SG?

oeija
4th July 2009, 18:13
well welcome to the Singapore thread!
what nudies/denims have you been breaking in reevelui?

Louiswillbiteyou
6th July 2009, 16:20
Anyone knows where I can get Naked and Famous in SG?

There's a shop in Esplanade that has them if I'm not wrong.

Dry Newbie
7th July 2009, 08:28
Wonder why I took so long to find this thread when I have been lurking here for quite a while..

Alright am totally new to raw denim. In fact, I only started wearing one like 3 weeks ago. It is a Nudie SSK. I wore it almost everyday for 10 to 12 hours each day for the first 3 weeks until my colleagues started to comment why I am not wearing our own brand of denim (okay I work in a denim store)... got the hint and so I am back to wearing my uniform but will still slip on my SKK to sleep once in a while. So looking at the frequency of wear I would reckon it will take me ages to break it in.

Oh did I say I also bought a pair of TF organic? with the contrast wave stitching at pockets? I sold it off after a few days cos the colour was pretty close to my SKK... now am thinking of the TFBC but am wondering if the shine will still be there after a few washes?

Well, that's all about my "dry" experience.. Must say you guys know sooo much and it has been a great learning curve for me!

Cheers!

lowyoke
8th July 2009, 13:47
anyone interesting in buying TF organic 30/32 ,32/32 or TF dry comfort32/34? :P

oeija
9th July 2009, 03:47
Wonder why I took so long to find this thread when I have been lurking here for quite a while..

Alright am totally new to raw denim. In fact, I only started wearing one like 3 weeks ago. It is a Nudie SSK. I wore it almost everyday for 10 to 12 hours each day for the first 3 weeks until my colleagues started to comment why I am not wearing our own brand of denim (okay I work in a denim store)... got the hint and so I am back to wearing my uniform but will still slip on my SKK to sleep once in a while. So looking at the frequency of wear I would reckon it will take me ages to break it in.

Oh did I say I also bought a pair of TF organic? with the contrast wave stitching at pockets? I sold it off after a few days cos the colour was pretty close to my SKK... now am thinking of the TFBC but am wondering if the shine will still be there after a few washes?

Well, that's all about my "dry" experience.. Must say you guys know sooo much and it has been a great learning curve for me!

Cheers!

sell denim? raw denim? lol

Dry Newbie
9th July 2009, 04:07
Hey Josh,

Nothing raw.. they are the typical washed types.. totally mainstream but definitely one of the top few popular brands :lol: lol!

sell denim? raw denim? lol

nightrain
16th July 2009, 06:08
hey guys, i am going to sg tomorrow, and just wondering how i can get to ann siang road. thank you :D

ng_tetet
16th July 2009, 06:33
by taxi ... lol.

you can always go to chinatown by train, but i forget which station you gotta go.
however, you still have to walk a bit more when you get there to ann siang rd (or by taxi).

nightrain
16th July 2009, 07:24
lol, is it far from orchad road ?

xxhalcyonxx
16th July 2009, 10:18
It's about a 15 to 20 minutes ride and 30 to 40 minutes if you are travelling by train (excluding walking). Anyway, what are you doing here in Singapore anyway?

nightrain
16th July 2009, 13:33
It's about a 15 to 20 minutes ride and 30 to 40 minutes if you are travelling by train (excluding walking). Anyway, what are you doing here in Singapore anyway?

i'm doing business and having holiday :D .. hows the weather there ?

xxhalcyonxx
16th July 2009, 14:02
Hot as usual, the occassional "sudden" rain (the sun could be bright and shining for a minute, the next thing you know, it started to rain heavily for an hour or 2 then the sun comes out shining brightly again). Since you are doing business, then I think you business partners can show you around. But I don't think there's much to show though, Singapore is small. Anything more than 3 days will seem boring to most.

nightrain
20th July 2009, 08:00
heads uppp..

went to arc at esplanade. they were having sale 40% off for kmw, fullcount, and omnigod. i saw fullcount natural indigo jeans in size 32, the other things i couldnt remember =/

oeija
20th July 2009, 12:58
you know i live in singapore but ive never been to arch.. lol

xxhalcyonxx
20th July 2009, 13:25
The last I asked, they don't have anything dry/raw there, the closest is the one wash.

Louiswillbiteyou
20th July 2009, 15:31
heads uppp..

went to arc at esplanade. they were having sale 40% off for kmw, fullcount, and omnigod. i saw fullcount natural indigo jeans in size 32, the other things i couldnt remember =/

So how's your stay in Singapore?

Louiswillbiteyou
20th July 2009, 15:33
The last I asked, they don't have anything dry/raw there, the closest is the one wash.

Seriously, Singapore's stores have very limited denim labels. We need more of them here. Lucky there's the World Wide Web.

nightrain
20th July 2009, 15:53
So how's your stay in Singapore?

Hey, it was quite exciting, bought a lot of stuff stuff such as topman, pull n bear, where they dont have them here, and they're pretty cheap too !!! i also bought some fred perry stuff but they are little bit more expensive than the retail prices in australia.. then i went to sentosa, was fun :D.. but i hate the weather, so humid and hot..

xxhalcyonxx
3rd August 2009, 15:27
Is the Dior Homme opened in Ion Orchard? The last time I went, it wasn't.

obbigood
4th August 2009, 17:35
Well, hi all,
I'm a Singapore too, living in France. Just join this forum not long ago as I was looking for Red Moon info.
Currently, into leather stuff and been working on my own label :) nothing pro, just interest.
Its nice to see many S'porean here, really!

kronot
11th August 2009, 13:23
Man I haven't been on mynudies for ages. I'm
actually from Singapore but been studying in
Melbourne the past few years. Now back to do
frickin NS haha. Nice to see some fellow Singaporeans!

oeija
11th August 2009, 18:55
@obbigood: your own label? so are you gonna be making wallets and stuff?

@kronot: cool cool. you were studying at Trinity?

obbigood
11th August 2009, 19:58
@obbigood: your own label? so are you gonna be making wallets and stuff?

Yes, actually aldy making wallets and stuffs, me and a friend are inspired by Japanese leather art, hehe.
Oeija, u stay overseas too?

oeija
12th August 2009, 19:05
shit man. looked at your blog the stuff is amazing! i'l definitely save up and order. i've used my redmoon for 4 years now. perhaps its time for a change..

well. im still serving NS but HOPEFULLY I get into a good overseas uni for fall 09. If not I'm just gonna end up staying in Nus...

kronot
13th August 2009, 15:30
Hey Josh, nah man. Did high school there.
Got my A levels equivalent but messed up pretty big haha.
Looking into going overseas to study?

obbigood
14th August 2009, 22:47
shit man. looked at your blog the stuff is amazing! i'l definitely save up and order. i've used my redmoon for 4 years now. perhaps its time for a change..

well. im still serving NS but HOPEFULLY I get into a good overseas uni for fall 09. If not I'm just gonna end up staying in Nus...

Thanks, Oeija! We are have more designs coming up, just stay tune ok?
NS haha, what vocation, I'm with the Air Force stationed in France...hehe.

oeija
18th August 2009, 05:18
ooo? pilot?

im in airforce too! medic. =p

oeija
18th August 2009, 05:21
Hey Josh, nah man. Did high school there.
Got my A levels equivalent but messed up pretty big haha.
Looking into going overseas to study?

yup. wanna go overseas.
You WTB diors ah? I got BNWT Black MIJ's from Paris!
I err don't dare to wear cuz i gained 4 kg... I cant even button all up.. some ppl tell me just stretch it out but I don' dare since they cost so much.

You interested? PM me.

obbigood
18th August 2009, 20:34
ooo? pilot?

im in airforce too! medic. =p

no la, just ground crew, hehe!

dKwan
19th August 2009, 14:51
Hi guys, long time no see !

kronot
19th August 2009, 17:32
yup. wanna go overseas.
You WTB diors ah? I got BNWT Black MIJ's from Paris!
I err don't dare to wear cuz i gained 4 kg... I cant even button all up.. some ppl tell me just stretch it out but I don' dare since they cost so much.

You interested? PM me.

What size are they? I just got posted to PTI/FS haha
So I should be losing some weight hehe

obbigood
20th August 2009, 00:05
Hi guys, long time no see !

hi there, newbie here haha

oeija
20th August 2009, 03:21
its a size 28 dior.
i dunno. people tell me that diors run bigger than nudies. my slim jims, grim tims, evensteven all size 29 so i bought a size 28 diors. my apc size also 27.. but i cannot wear the dior 28 le.. maybe black mij is smaller than the indigo or what....

anyone intereseted? size 28 dior black mij, size 28..

dKwan
20th August 2009, 17:46
^
there's rumor that says MIJ raw black smaller than the indigo, but that's what i heard long time ago, dunno whether it's true or not ..

the rise of the jeans also play their role in selecting size..
you may be fit in 28 high-rise
but sometimes you may not fit in 28 low-rise

lowyoke
20th August 2009, 18:41
Anyone Interested in TF Black Weft Indigo 32/34 or TF Ultra Indigo Coated 34/34... Buzz me wokay ?Thanks

kronot
21st August 2009, 11:22
I can't wear 28s man, soz. Yeah Black raws
fit slimmer than Indigo Raws.

Lowyoke: Would kill for the THUIC but too bad its
too big.

nacho
28th August 2009, 12:26
Hello.. Could any one help me? Where can i found APC in Singapore? What about the price?
Anyway, i'm planning to visit spore next month

oeija
29th August 2009, 05:05
General Enquires: info@frontrowsingapore.com | Tel: 65 6224 5501 / 65 6224 5502
------------------------------------------------------------
Front Row Singapore
5 Ann Siang Road. Singapore 069688. Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 12 noon - 8pm/Closed Sun & Public Holid

but its cheaper to buy it online. its about 295SGD here. never goes on sale im afraid.

xxhalcyonxx
29th August 2009, 05:27
Agreed, I hardly (probably never) see denims in Singapore selling cheaper here than online.

nacho
29th August 2009, 10:53
Front Row Singapore
5 Ann Siang Road. Singapore 069688. Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 12 noon - 8pm/Closed Sun & Public Holid

but its cheaper to buy it online. its about 295SGD here. never goes on sale im afraid.

Thanks oeija..

what is your opinion about size of apc, how much did u size down from nudie? i have SJ dry japan 32x32 (not to tight) and SJ dry black coated 31x32 (tight).. What should be my size in apc? can anyone help me

Thx

oeija
29th August 2009, 16:09
size down 2 from nudie. I wear a size 29 slim jim and size 28 apcs were waaaaay to loose. gotta get a 27. so i think u definitely have to get a 29.. or you will regret it after it stretches out

zwgbenny
30th August 2009, 18:02
Uni Sydney?

Welcome to the thread!

Haha sorry for the late reply. Been quite busy and having holiday during the June period.

Nah.. At UNSW.

8th_immortal
3rd September 2009, 10:28
Dropping by to say hi, I stayed in Singapore for about a year and before that few years in Malaysia. Shout out to SG and Malaysia, heh. Need to get back 'home' soon. Hopefully next CNY.

obbigood
7th September 2009, 14:16
Front Row Singapore

Wow! Singapore now so advance ar, got store for APC somemore!
APC from France rite, I still yet to go to its store to check out its prices here. Anyone knows if its cheaper in France?

oeija
9th September 2009, 02:58
much cheaper. singapore = 298. SGD
france = can find for about 80-90 euros. i got my NS for 90 euros.

nacho
24th September 2009, 03:26
Oeija thanks for your information.. I bought new cure in size 29 just like ur reccomendation and the guy in the shop told me that also.. anyway i only able to button 2, in the first day only 1 button. It will strecth right?

xxhalcyonxx
24th September 2009, 17:29
It sure will, just bear with any discomfort in the earlier stage, it will be fine after a while.