PDA

View Full Version : Nudie Coated Jeans Evo Thread

dr.house
7th April 2009, 09:59
Are there any of you guyz interested in a Nudie Coated Jeans Contest?
Unfortunately the latest Cultizm Contest didn't have much participants. Whatever the reason is- for me personally Big Bengt isn't my style, so I didn't join in that contest.
But I remember a few months ago Coated Jeans like DBC or UIC were favourites for a new contest, so why didn't we start another one? I think that the coated Jeans from Nudie are worth starting a contest, cuz they're so special...
I dunno if a Nudie Coated Jeans Contest must start as a "Cultizm Contest" or if a contest must be sponsored, anyway we can ask Dejan if he's interested!

My favourite for a contest is Slim Jim Dry Black Coated, and I'm sure we would see most beautiful ones after only five or six months...so- what do you think, gentlemen?

Mr. Brinkles
7th April 2009, 10:14
The Nudie site says about AJDBC that it is 'black coated on a black denim'. Guess this is the same for SJDBC and if so, it would be a hard jean to break in. On the other hand, my TFUIC was very easy to break in, so i would go for a UIC pair of jeans ;-)

Catchforusthefoxes
7th April 2009, 10:32
I wouldn't sign up but a black coated contest would be cool, i wonder who could do some damage to them.

dr.house
7th April 2009, 10:46
I guess it's a different kind of fading on those coated denims, I can see it on my Thin Finns and my Conny. No need to damage them, but let'em shine...

EDIT: UIC isn't anymore on the Nudie Homepage or at cultizm, don't know if it's still available...

Snorlax02
7th April 2009, 11:12
Nudie store chick said they are phasing it out. Maybe not enough interest? I dont know. a UIC contest sounds awesome...but i just got a pair and its worn for about 2-3 weeks .. so.. if there is one.. Lame..
ps: omg TFUIC~ most comfy jeans i have. Love them

xxhalcyonxx
7th April 2009, 12:12
Does it really have to be Slim Jim? I have got 2 pairs of dry black coated jeans, Thin Finn and Slim Jim. The thing is, I have worn my Slim Jim and my Thin Finn is not worn outside yet (I did wear it, just to see if it fits). I wouldn't mind joining this contest if it's Thin Finn Dry Black Coated.

xxhalcyonxx
7th April 2009, 12:15
Wouldn't mind getting myself a new Thin Finn Ultra Indigo Coated too.

ng_tetet
7th April 2009, 12:33
i wont mind to buy myself TFDBC/TLJDBC/TFUIC
but aside of UIC, how to vote who wins the contest?
the most shiny the winner?
sounds awkward.

BeauIXI
7th April 2009, 12:49
You guys should have a 6-10 year long DBC contest. :mrgreen:

xxhalcyonxx
7th April 2009, 12:53
ng_tetet: I think the thin Finn UltraIndigo Coated can show signs of fading. Whereas Tight Long John Dry Black Coated and Thin Finn Dry Black Coated, I think we could only see how shiny it gets.

xxhalcyonxx
7th April 2009, 12:56
BeauIXI: True, if the contest uses a dry black coated pair of jeans and the method of judging would be judging from the contrast of the jeans. If it's shininess, I think a year would be sufficient.

ng_tetet
7th April 2009, 13:06
that is why i said "aside of UIC, how to determine the winner from those DBCs"

or maybe we should reconsider getting GREY ones?
--
whatever the jeans are, as long as they are finns/TLJ, i almost 100% sure joing the contest.

xxhalcyonxx
7th April 2009, 13:17
ng_tetet: Well, I missed out that part.

Anyway, I have 2 dry black coated items yet to be worn. Thin Finn Dry Black Coated and Conny Dry Black Coated (jacket contest, haha). Would be nice to put any of these in a contest then I don't need to purchase for a new one. :-D

ng_tetet
7th April 2009, 13:27
nvm, sure man TFDBC will do too, if cultizm is up for the sponsor
im hopefully hoping they stock 26/32 for TFDBC ..........
if they dont, i might wanna find somewhere else or maybe go for 27 and wear em a little baggy.

dr.house
7th April 2009, 14:11
I was just thinking to myself this morning: "Why isnt there a coated contest besides all that typical dry denim stuff?" So I just wrote down my thoughts and didnt think about any details. Lets see what will happen and how many guyz are really interested...
But of course, if we decide to do a coated contest Im here as voluntary for the organisation..:mrgreen:

ng_tetet
7th April 2009, 14:38
good luck to you and all who want this contest so bad then (including me)....

dr.house
7th April 2009, 14:41
Hehe, thx man, I hope there'll be some more interested guys (girls?) to join a coated contest...

Mr. Brinkles
7th April 2009, 15:24
ng_tetet: I think the thin Finn UltraIndigo Coated can show signs of fading. Whereas Tight Long John Dry Black Coated and Thin Finn Dry Black Coated, I think we could only see how shiny it gets.

That's what i think too, i guess DBC will only get shiny, but will not fade (or very slow).

dr.house
7th April 2009, 15:37
^I can see fadings and I can see an incredible leather optic on this pic (and I've didn't seen a dbc like that here in the forum):

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5350/dbc.jpg (http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dbc.jpg)

Mr. Brinkles
7th April 2009, 15:45
Well, imo there isn't much that i would call fading on that pic. Just 3 lighter spots where the Y yoke and the backpockets are stitched to the jean, but those spots even fade very fast on pre-wash jeans if you ride a bike etc.

dr.house
7th April 2009, 15:50
Well, imo there isn't much that i would call fading on that pic. Just 3 lighter spots where the Y yoke and the backpockets are stitched to the jean, but those spots even fade very fast on pre-wash jeans if you ride a bike etc.

...and I've didn't seen a dbc like that here in the forum.

Mr. Brinkles
7th April 2009, 15:54
...and I've didn't seen a dbc like that here in the forum.

I don't get your point?

oeija
7th April 2009, 15:58
no one interested in the grey coated denim?!?! =(

dr.house
7th April 2009, 16:00
^^No offence, Mr. Brinkles, but I don't wanna start a discussion about coated jeans.
I haven't seen a worn-in DBC like the one in the pic here, that's all. My intention was to talk about a coated contest for all who are interested, no more no less.
Something different besides the usual dry contests.
And even if my favourite is still SJDBC, I also like the UIC, maybe it's possible to get UIC via Cultizm, I don't know.

dr.house
7th April 2009, 16:03
no one interested in the grey coated denim?!?! =(

I own a pair of Thin Finns in DGC and they are great, but I guess they aren't jeans for everyday use. I think the DBC or UIC are a bit more versatile. But maybe the point is that I'm truly in love with my Conny DBC...:mrgreen:

ng_tetet
7th April 2009, 16:05
agree with oeija, if we gonna find dry coated jeans with amazing fading as a result
we should probably need to consider DGCs.
anyway, what pic are you guys talking about? i dont see any pic...

edit: now i see, sorry dr. house, i dont see any fading on the jeans?
they are so shiny tho which looks great for TFDBC....

Mr. Brinkles
7th April 2009, 16:05
No offence, Mr. Brinkles, but I don't wanna start a discussion about coated jeans.
I haven't seen a worn-in DBC like the one in the pic here, that's all. My intention was to talk about a coated contest for all who are interested, no more no less.
Something different besides the usual dry contests.
And even if my favourite is still SJDBC, I also like the UIC, maybe it's possible to get UIC via Cultizm, I don't know.

Discussion? But okay, i was only saying that DBC would be kinda dull because they don't fade, only get shiny while UIC in fact do fade (and fast too) and also get shiny. So UIC would be a lot more interesting for a contest imo. Too bad that UIC jeans mostly are tighter models like TF, i would like it in ES or AJ.

@ NG

Page 2 ;-)

ng_tetet
7th April 2009, 16:07
exactly, that is what im thinking in my previous posts.
if we gonna find the best faded-jeans for this contest, we should go for DGC or UIC
im in as long as we are breaking in some finns................

xxhalcyonxx
7th April 2009, 16:08
^I can see fadings and I can see an incredible leather optic on this pic (and I've didn't seen a dbc like that here in the forum):

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5350/dbc.jpg (http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dbc.jpg)

ng_tetet: This is the picture.

dr.house: Something different indeed. I have not seen any dry coated contest and it would be great to have it with female participants as mentioned earlier.

Mr. Brinkles
7th April 2009, 16:09
exactly, that is what im thinking in my previous posts.
if we gonna find the best faded-jeans for this contest, we should go for DGC or UIC
im in as long as we are breaking in some finns................

With DGC you mean Dry Grey Coated? And if it would be TF UIC im out, i already had those.

dr.house
7th April 2009, 16:11
agree with oeija, if we gonna find dry coated jeans with amazing fading as a result
we should probably need to consider DGCs.
anyway, what pic are you guys talking about? i dont see any pic...

edit: now i see, sorry dr. house, i dont see any fading on the jeans?
they are so shiny tho which looks great for TFDBC....

C'mon, take a closer look, I can see even more fadings than Mr.Brinkles...;-) (not to be taken serious)

Discussion? But okay, i was only saying that DBC would be kinda dull because they don't fade, only get shiny while UIC in fact do fade (and fast too) and also get shiny. So UIC would be a lot more interesting for a contest imo. Too bad that UIC jeans mostly are tighter models like TF, i would like it in ES or AJ.

@ NG

Page 2 ;-)

A said before, I'm sure they'll fade in another way. Otherwise: DBC and DGC fades to shine. TFUIC would be OK for me, even if Slim Jim is my favourite cut. But again, I don't know if UIC is still available (not listed anymore at NUDIEs).

dr.house
7th April 2009, 16:16
...and it would be great to have it with female participants as mentioned earlier.

Agree totally with you. It would be something really new & really cool to see some girls join the contest. My wife's wearing a TFDGC and it looks awesome. Really awesome.

ng_tetet
7th April 2009, 16:19
maybe dejan might wanna do special run. who knows?
i hope this gonna be a skinny-cut jeans contest for once..........

dr.house
7th April 2009, 16:23
^ Great, and I'm sure TF is no problem for guys with a bit more muscular legs. I also like TF's sized up one, looks cool imo. But to each his own, I hope we'll hear some other voices (and I'm sure Dejan's got an open mind for another contest)...

superslim_zac
7th April 2009, 16:29
you guys should try and get indigo coated re-run. (not ultra indigo coated, but just indigo coated)

it was out in Australia for a season a few years back. I think it would be awesome. I would buy a pair.

dr.house
7th April 2009, 20:31
So who is seriously interested?

For me personally, all the suggested denims are interesting like UIC, DBC or that rare IC that superslim_zac recommands. I've seen on Dejans homepage Tight Long John in ultra indigo coated, maybe a Mod should ask if other cuts are available?

ng_tetet
7th April 2009, 20:54
i am, only if they are finns/tlj.

dr.house
7th April 2009, 21:02
^ BTW, do you've ever tried (just for fun) a downsized Slim Jim?

ms111
7th April 2009, 21:08
Hey,
I'm a girl and would be really interested if they are long johns or maybe finns..last week i tried thin finns on and i must say i dont like the cut generally so im really unsure. :(. But the most guys dont like tlj :-|

Drewbee
7th April 2009, 22:54
Dry Black Coated would be a bit pointless IMO. I don't believe they are really intended to be faded, they are geared more towards that shiny leather look. You guys would be better off with the Ultras since those can achieve a bit of contrast.

caid
7th April 2009, 23:13
Would you have to have the same cut? I'm new so I don't really know how these things work but couldn't a contest run with different styles as long as they all have the same denim? I think that would be easier to organize as it wouldn't take the typical 50 pages to decide on a cut.

GROU
8th April 2009, 00:07
Great idea, but why limit the contest to just DBC, UIC, TF, SJ or whatever.. Why not make it broad enough so everyone can participate, as long as they're wearing anything coated?

xxhalcyonxx
8th April 2009, 02:51
I think GROU's idea allows a much wider variety of jeans catering to all participants as we couldn't decide on a single pair of dry coated jeans. If that is the case, we would have some trouble between the ultra indigo coated and the dry black/grey coated. How are we going to judge? By how shiny or how much fading?

stewofkc
8th April 2009, 04:54
I think thin finn would be cool. The narrow boot isnt really a fit i am interested in. Thin finns are cool.

ng_tetet
8th April 2009, 06:54
^ BTW, do you've ever tried (just for fun) a downsized Slim Jim?

as far as i know, jims start at w27, and that is my true, or maybe one down, size
i bought once, dry japan, they look good for sometimes, but when they stretched out
it all looks kinda weird on me, maybe cos i have been wearing skinny cut for ages.
if jims have w26/25, i might wanna buy one.

Atzec
8th April 2009, 06:55
I think thin finn would be cool. The narrow boot isnt really a fit i am interested in. Thin finns are cool.

you gonna cheat again? :lol:

ng_tetet
8th April 2009, 06:55
Great idea, but why limit the contest to just DBC, UIC, TF, SJ or whatever.. Why not make it broad enough so everyone can participate, as long as they're wearing anything coated?

sorry for double posting, but this sounds fun too.

Catchforusthefoxes
8th April 2009, 07:33
you guys should pick a type of coating, and just go with it... jackets, jeans, w/e so long as its coated.

@ Atzec: hahaha

oeija
8th April 2009, 08:54
Grey coated please!!

dr.house
8th April 2009, 09:10
you guys should pick a type of coating, and just go with it... jackets, jeans, w/e so long as its coated.

@ Atzec: hahaha

This idea sounds great and really new. Cool. Let's choose a sort of coated denim that's available in different cuts so anyone can choose his/her favourite cut. And we'd like to see some girls in the shiny contest...;-)
Since UIC or IC isn't available, why not starting with anything in DBC or DGC? In this case we can choose TF, SJ, AJ, even the great Conny Jacket. And the holy goal :mrgreen: is to get the most shiny & leatherlike piece of coated denim...

superslim_zac
8th April 2009, 11:43
right

or how about you just wear whatever you already have and put your pictures in the photos section

is this actually a contest? Or just everyone buying new coated denim...?

end of the day, not everyone is going to like the cut. Just choose one that is most popular and go with it, keep it narrow.

dr.house
8th April 2009, 11:50
^The idea is to start a coated contest, maybe with cultizm as sponsor (and seller).

iwannudies
8th April 2009, 12:55
For those who are considering UIC, I've tried to make that happen but it didn't work out unfortunately, plus Nudie has already discontinued the TFUIC :(

dr.house
8th April 2009, 13:00
For those who are considering UIC, I've tried to make that happen but it didn't work out unfortunately, plus Nudie has already discontinued the TFUIC :(

...I've feared that. But maybe we can start a coated contest like mentioned before: any available cut in DBC or DGC, and maybe we can win cultizm as sponsor?

oeija
8th April 2009, 14:09
that sounds good. i'd definitely take part. plus if there's more cuts like jim, finn and joe it would cater to a larger crowd of participants taste rather than something like the BB contest

dr.house
8th April 2009, 14:11
^ So let's hope for a bit more interest!

dr.house
9th April 2009, 10:22
Hmm, seems like there are only 3 or 4 people interested...

ng_tetet
9th April 2009, 13:28
am i counted? im in man in one or two conditions and i think you already know. :p

xxhalcyonxx
9th April 2009, 14:06
If it's "any model dry coated contest" then count my Thin Finn and Conny in.

dr.house
9th April 2009, 15:01
Gentleman, my intention was to start a real contest with the usual rules (and hopefully sponsored by Dejan). So at first I wanna talk with all of you guyz about the idea and contest details, but I think a contest is useless if we are only a handful participants...:oops:

king_lenahan
9th April 2009, 15:14
ill play!

dr.house
9th April 2009, 15:17
^Hehe, nice to know. More!

While I am writing here I see my Conny DBC hanging in front of me. So cool, I guess a contest would be fun.

ng_tetet
10th April 2009, 19:39
bump!

ms111
11th April 2009, 11:42
as far as i know, jims start at w27, and that is my true, or maybe one down, size
i bought once, dry japan, they look good for sometimes, but when they stretched out
it all looks kinda weird on me, maybe cos i have been wearing skinny cut for ages.
if jims have w26/25, i might wanna buy one.
At Nudiejeans.com is a SJDBC 26/32 :)
http://nudiejeans.com/shop/?utm_source=menu&utm_medium=site&utm_campaign=shop#/jeans/slimjim/883

ng_tetet
11th April 2009, 13:17
i will never buy from nudie webstore, they are so costly!
anyway, cultizm is up with tfdbc in size 26/32!!!!! wow.
i might wanna buy those .................

dr.house
11th April 2009, 13:57
At Nudiejeans.com is a SJDBC 26/32 :)
http://nudiejeans.com/shop/?utm_source=menu&utm_medium=site&utm_campaign=shop#/jeans/slimjim/883

^ what about joining a possible contest, michelle?

ms111
11th April 2009, 16:06
Maybe i'm in, next week i'll try Slim Jims :)
My local store just stocked with 34x32 and bigger currently :-(.

dr.house
11th April 2009, 16:20
Maybe i'm in, next week i'll try Slim Jims :)
My local store just stocked with 34x32 and bigger currently :-(.

Sounds great. Size down one from your usual size and they'll look fabulous (and size down two for a coated pair!).

BeauIXI
12th April 2009, 04:40
I would argue that the difference between TF and SJ fits is negligible, particularly if the intent is to get shine, and that participants should be allowed to pick and choose between the two.

People need to get on the bus on this one. DBC is an excellent denim. I'm worried about how you guys will judge them though. How do you gauge shininess? What if someone just rubbed some wax on their jeans? Etc. The reality of DBC is that the difference is only especially noticeable when you see them in person, and also depends on what kind of light they're in.

dr.house
12th April 2009, 09:40
^I'm afraid I must agree with BeauIXI. It seems pretty hard to judge the shine only from pics. Besides this argument, I don't think that there'll be enough participants for a contest...:(

dr.house
15th April 2009, 09:22
...Uh, it seems the idea of a coated contest is dead?

xxhalcyonxx
15th April 2009, 09:49
I already got mine brand new (tried only). Having it in a contest is just much more exciting than wearing it without one.

aquadynamic
15th April 2009, 12:45
if all else fails how bout u turn it into an unofficial contest, or otherwise just a "dry coated evolution" thread?

dr.house
16th April 2009, 19:56
I think this is what's left...but yeah, maybe this is a real cool idea 8-)

Catchforusthefoxes
16th April 2009, 19:59
Ask for it to be moved into the FASHION & CLOTHING section.

bilmaga
17th April 2009, 03:28
Done.

Let me know if you want anything changed.

stewofkc
17th April 2009, 04:22
So is thread for pictures of wax coated nudies or just new ones and then progressional pictures

Catchforusthefoxes
17th April 2009, 07:46
So is thread for pictures of wax coated nudies or just new ones and then progressional pictures
I'm sure it will be for ALL wax coated nudies.

P.S.- Don't cheat. :lol:

oeija
17th April 2009, 08:49
so no more competition?

dr.house
17th April 2009, 13:49
It's a great idea- just an unofficial contest, no prices, just honor...:p

I'm thinkin' about some details at the weekend to make the coated evo contest a bit clearer, ok? Starting date 1st of May Any suggestions?

And thx to bilmaga, I hope you'll join in...

hippopatamus
17th April 2009, 15:04
hey i havent use my DGC yet.....
can i paticipate?

bilmaga
17th April 2009, 15:52
Anyone can participate. Just post pics of your coated jeans as far as I know.

@ dr.house- No worries. Glad to help.

Are you treating this like a contest with a start date?

I have a few pairs of coated nudies, but two pairs of them have approx 1 month of wear. I can post pics in here as they "evolve" if you want.

xxhalcyonxx
17th April 2009, 16:00
So my less than a month old Slim Jim is in too?

dr.house
17th April 2009, 16:08
I don't mind, I thought a starting date would be better? Anyway- post pics of your Nudie coated denim:

Dry Black Coated
Dry Grey Coated
Ultra Indigo Coated

Jeans & Jackets!

And I guess it doesn't matter if brandnew or worn!

aquadynamic
17th April 2009, 16:12
Cool. I just bought a pair last week n wore for a day, will look forward to comparing some pics down the track.

hippopatamus
17th April 2009, 17:20
bought it a month ago havent use it because still rockin my dry organic ecru embo.................
as the contest start i will start wearing to.....
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii145/sally_o666o/P1010023.jpg

dr.house
17th April 2009, 19:01
Rock it man, our unoffical contest is already running...

But to put it all into a little order- who's in?

Dr.House
Hippopatamus
oeija
aquadynamic
xxx

hippopatamus
18th April 2009, 04:43
Where is everybody....

oeija
18th April 2009, 05:08
i'd like to join! but im only getting a pair end of may. could we start the contest a little later?

oeija
18th April 2009, 05:08
mmm n how about we pool some money together for the eventual winner?

aquadynamic
18th April 2009, 05:43
i just got these a few days ago. Will be wearing them occasionally as im in the BB Lab contest, so if this remains unofficial, i'll post any progress pics if thats cool with every1
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/aquadynamic/100_2107.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/aquadynamic/100_2108small.jpg
sorry bout the crappy focus, had to use timer.

hippopatamus
18th April 2009, 06:31
is that slimjim?

aquadynamic
18th April 2009, 06:42
yes, slim jim dbc, 31/32

offyatree
18th April 2009, 10:00
nice fit, aqua.

babolix
18th April 2009, 17:20
I don't mind, I thought a starting date would be better? Anyway- post pics of your Nudie coated denim:

Dry Black Coated
Dry Grey Coated
Ultra Indigo Coated

Jeans & Jackets!

And I guess it doesn't matter if brandnew or worn!

If worn can join then I'm in... been wearing my TLJUIC for 3 months

(Been lurking the forums for 6 months, about time I posted something)

aquadynamic
19th April 2009, 06:55
thanks dude. all i need is some leather shoes and jacket now lol.

dr.house
20th April 2009, 20:16
If worn can join then I'm in... been wearing my TLJUIC for 3 months

(Been lurking the forums for 6 months, about time I posted something)

Join in, we only wanna see that coated evo thing!