PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any ladies in the house?

Jeremy
14th November 2005, 23:16
Just wondering whether we do or not, cause i've seen alot of girls wear nudie and there is now Denimbirds....but dont believe we ever see the finer gender around.

bubbainsf
15th November 2005, 04:28
Yes, sir! I'm new to this site and to nudies in general, but I'm finding myself obsessed with this site and I don't even own a pair yet. I just ordered a pair from NY and can't wait till they arrive. I'd like to try Nudies before DenimBirds--depends on which fits better.

Jeremy
15th November 2005, 05:31
Yes, sir! I'm new to this site and to nudies in general, but I'm finding myself obsessed with this site and I don't even own a pair yet. I just ordered a pair from NY and can't wait till they arrive. I'd like to try Nudies before DenimBirds--depends on which fits better.

First of all WELCOME!!!

The fit pretty much depends on the girl, (obviously...haha) i've found nudie fit girls with boyish figures (smaller, almost striahgt hips) best, but if you got booty DAAAAMN does it fit well.

beatle
31st January 2006, 17:37
:shock: ...2nd girl 2 come out...HA...

Have a nudie one !!

Jeremy
1st February 2006, 01:07
PROVE IT!! post a photo of you wearing nudies!!!!!!!!

... or not

Welcome :)

ns015
1st February 2006, 01:33
this thread is creepy

TB
1st February 2006, 02:09
this thread is creepy

I somewhat concur. What's even creepier is that my two obsessions (taping live music and denim) are male-dominated. Oh, well. At least I have my Liberal Arts education to keep me in check :roll:

Denimdestroyedmylife
1st February 2006, 02:23
I'm not creeped out...

I finally saw another person wearing nudies the other week at the grocery----and it was a female. The jeans looked like flare glenns. I found the cut to be not very flattering for her figure-----she was a shorty. And the wash wasn't that great. But I felt a certain kinship. I hope she wasn't thinking the same things about my nudies.......

Jeremy
1st February 2006, 05:30
Creepy? well i suppose you probably don't get out much.

Ya know, i am seeing alot of females shorties with...round figures wearing nudie drys.... and it's not really the best look...some people will follow any brand regardless of how it looks...

ns015
1st February 2006, 05:35
nothing looks good on fat people

beatle
1st February 2006, 11:19
whats the big deal...its like a bunch of beer drinking tough guys believing in women chained to the stove...

Anyway - its true though that not every figure should be given the luxury of wearing nudies - just got 2 remind u guys of the pics posted in dry selvage .....think u know what Im talking about :shock:

But since Im more on the sporty side of life and my butt is pretty small - :P i find the RR just amazingly comfortable...

If I find someone whos willing 2 take a couple pics of a girl wearing nudies - Ill post them for u all...

Have a nudie one

XO

toszie
1st February 2006, 12:23
whats the big deal...its like a bunch of beer drinking tough guys believing in women chained to the stove...

Anyway - its true though that not every figure should be given the luxury of wearing nudies - just got 2 remind u guys of the pics posted in dry selvage .....think u know what Im talking about :shock:

But since Im more on the sporty side of life and my butt is pretty small - :P i find the RR just amazingly comfortable...

If I find someone whos willing 2 take a couple pics of a girl wearing nudies - Ill post them for u all...

Have a nudie one

XO

So you are a girl right?

beatle
1st February 2006, 13:23
:D

Tob
1st February 2006, 17:49

Have a nudie one

XO

i'd be happy to cater for your needs!

beatle
1st February 2006, 19:17
:wink: ...Thank you !!!

Denimdestroyedmylife
1st February 2006, 19:20
uh-oh----------a love connection..... :oops:

beatle
1st February 2006, 19:26
:roll: Toby - will you marry me... ? What size nudie guy are u anyway - so that it makes sense for us 2 get 2gether...

Tob
2nd February 2006, 00:16
heh !
I'm a sweet and slender 30.
but i wear my svens slightly loose in a 31.

beatle
2nd February 2006, 14:21
Hey - were soulmates ! Maybe I could wear ur 30s .... 8)

Denimdestroyedmylife
2nd February 2006, 15:13
my rrds are 30/32, not that anyone was asking...

beatle
2nd February 2006, 18:09
Damn...my legs r 2 long 4 u....34 's .... :x

Denimdestroyedmylife
2nd February 2006, 18:47
phew! my wife will be relieved... 8)

beatle
2nd February 2006, 19:04
just curious..what does she think about ur nudie addiction...?

Denimdestroyedmylife
2nd February 2006, 19:18

Well, she finds it mildly embarrassing when I try to extoll the virtues of Japanese selvage denim to her mother at family functions. But I try to keep it on the down low. Last night, for example, I was taking pictures of my RRDS when she came home from work-----I scrambled to get my jeans back on and she asked why the track-lighting was all moved around. I mumbled an excuse, but she suspects something. The way I figure it, the less she knows, the better. She's in grad school, so she has other things to worry about.

Anyhow, she gets irritated b/c she mistakes my interest in denim for an interest in BUYING denim. However, I only have one pair of jeans to speak of. I've got an old pair of black Levis 517s that I picked up on the cheap 2nd hand and a waaaaaaaay old pair of Diesel Rabox that are utterly destroyed. I only ever wear my RRDS. I'm trying not to get caught up in buying for the sake of buying---that's a dead end.

What's nice about this site is that you can have meaningful human interactions above and beyond the rather superficial talk about products, a la Supertalk. I don't know. I'm trying to negotiate my way through these complex issues...

Can I live?
:?

Tob
2nd February 2006, 19:25

Well, she finds it mildly embarrassing when I try to extoll the virtues of Japanese selvage denim to her mother at family functions. But I try to keep it on the down low. Last night, for example, I was taking pictures of my RRDS when she came home from work-----I scrambled to get my jeans back on and she asked why the track-lighting was all moved around. I mumbled an excuse, but she suspects something. The way I figure it, the less she knows, the better. She's in grad school, so she has other things to worry about.

Anyhow, she gets irritated b/c she mistakes my interest in denim for an interest in BUYING denim. However, I only have one pair of jeans to speak of. I've got an old pair of black Levis 517s that I picked up on the cheap 2nd hand and a waaaaaaaay old pair of Diesel Rabox that are utterly destroyed. I only ever wear my RRDS. I'm trying not to get caught up in buying for the sake of buying---that's a dead end.

What's nice about this site is that you can have meaningful human interactions above and beyond the rather superficial talk about products, a la Supertalk. I don't know. I'm trying to negotiate my way through these complex issues...

Can I live?
:?

There are some meaningful interactions on supertalk as well, its just for a different target audience. They do have a lot of knowledge on denim and some other fashion stuffs.

Anyway, I found that surfing around fashion products sites made it extremely hard for me not to buy things. Good job that you only have your rrds.keep it going ;). I'd advice you to not talk about not washing your jeans with your mother in law though!

Denimdestroyedmylife
2nd February 2006, 19:38
Don't get me wrong----the best denim threads I have ever read are on supertalk. But it doesn't get very deep. There's a lot of knowledge on that site, but not a lot of wisdom.

And if anything, that forum only accentuates the vast chasm between individuals, whereas here, we are joined in a common project, we are coadventurers. Supertalk is about buying. Mynudies is about living with the products that otherwise are only barriers between people, physically and idiomatically.

Supertalk is for walking encylopedias. Mynudies is for my people.

I love y'all.

XOXOXO
:wink:

beatle
2nd February 2006, 19:49
:lol: Tob - ur one smart ass ! Not only the right size - but also u do know ur way with mommy in law ! I - as a girl - am deeply impressed !

And u, my 2nd best friend - the destroyer - are a hero ! Only 3 pairs of jeans...well I think that's where being a girl really kicks in ! As u know, we're not only collectors - but , and that's even worse - bargain hunters. So yeah - try 2 stay away from the baaaad :twisted: internet stores, where you would see all these wonderful nudie products...

But I have 2 admit - since I discovered nudie, shopping started 2 get really boring...and everyday I try 2 jump back in my levi's I realize - it's just not the same ! I mean, could u believe that after more than 150 years of "Denim" history they would come out with something, that is good enough 2 write endless stories about how to or when not to wash a damn pair of jeans ! So yeah, don't u ever let ur wife finding out what ur up 2....taking pics of ur paints ! :shock:

Well, guys , I pretty much enjoy our small talk !

Denimdestroyedmylife
2nd February 2006, 19:57
you know, beatle, I wonder if nudies can be considered progress in the history of denim. I think of nudie jeans as a return to form----back to the way jeans are supposed to be, sold dry, minimal in design, tough and washed rarely. Back to a more innocent time before you bought your jeans distressed, gaudy, flimsy, etc.

hugs

beatle
2nd February 2006, 19:58
Hey Mr. destroyed - just saw that ur from philli ! How wonderful ! We were just there 4 xmas - seeing body worlds - pretty nudie show !! :P

beatle
2nd February 2006, 20:04
Maybe...but since we're making such a big fuss about wearing, treating , washing and taking pics of our jeans - it's kind of a very high maintenance project...But ur right - I just love these jeans since they feel so laid back - solid and are made w/o all the "Schnickschnack" {german expression 4 lots of fancy stuff that no-one needs !}

Denimdestroyedmylife
2nd February 2006, 20:05
Wow! I live soooo close to the Franklin Institute----walking distance. I'm going to go there for my birthday and check it out.

beatle
2nd February 2006, 20:12
Yeah - I think u should go see it - it's pretty disgusting for some - and really interesting for others / as in me.

Liked all the reg. fi stuff you get 2 do once you're finished - good possibility 2 break in ur dry nudies - is all I'm saying... :D

Denimdestroyedmylife
2nd February 2006, 20:26
nice of you to keep the thread on topic!
:D

Tob
2nd February 2006, 21:16
hehe , i never understand why keeping the thread on topic is considered to be important. And since we're on the anything forum who cares where we talk about right !

ok so, I have to disagree with you two here.
Nudie has some pretty recognisable backpocket stitching which makes it really clear you are wearing the specific brand. Plus they really play to the market. They have so many washes with effects that its hardly 'back to the basics'. Yes there are also some dry models (ofcourse considered most important on this forum) but i'm pretty sure that our beloved designer maria erikson lives from the prewashed profits.

I really like nudie though, basicly everything in their collection has appeal to me (besides the ugly prints on shirts and sweats), and specificly their jeans for a nice fit (not like boring 501) and selvage models.

Oh i hope im not disrupting your philly nude talk here!

Jeremy
3rd February 2006, 07:42
...well this thread has been derailed.

maybe i need to bring the creepy back in...

okay okay.. how do i do that??

ooh ooh ooh i got it.

*ahem*

Ladies...do you wear underwear with your nudies???

*insert maniacal laughter followed by depressed self realisation*

Denimdestroyedmylife
3rd February 2006, 13:43
that did it! :shock:

sarlo
3rd February 2006, 14:12
does a girlfriend counts 2 :lol: gonna buy her a dry nudie :D she already has a dry indian rose jean which has a little bit of fading created by herself :D

beatle
3rd February 2006, 14:46
...nah, aamof girls love guys underwear ! Especially when its freezing cold outside...
:oops:

Denimdestroyedmylife
3rd February 2006, 14:50
that's funny----i like to wear women's underpants under my nudies. starched, of course!

Jeremy
3rd February 2006, 15:26
oh just for the record... my girlie really doesn't like nudies or denimbirds....

she's gone back to being a paper, denim and cloth biaaatch.....the several pairs of PDC she does have look fantastic on her....

if only i could find decent mens PDC

Denimdestroyedmylife
3rd February 2006, 16:18
::sigh::

I wish I could get the wifey into something other than GAP 1969s...

:roll:

beatle
3rd February 2006, 21:53
...just get her one ! how about u get her the bootccut ola dry - that one fits pretty good around the curves....and before she even knows, she's gonna be in love :oops:

GAP sucks...

Denimdestroyedmylife
4th February 2006, 16:41
I don't know about buying her jeans without having her try them on first, especially not $200 jeans. Besides, she would never let me buy them for her if she knew the price. Beyond that, I wouldn't want to walk around with her in Nudies, too-------we'd look like the Nudie army! Anyway, her Gap jeans let my Nudies shine!!! :twisted:

beatle
4th February 2006, 18:10
maybe ur right, though I don't believe u would look like the army...anyway , don't forget - valentines day is coming up !! 8)

Jaypee
5th March 2006, 22:35
I got my ex-gf into nudies! They were bootcut eddies and they looked fantastic on her! (and just for the record - my beloved RRDG's were NOT the reason we broke up)

I also haveto disagree with nudies fitting better for girls with boy'ish butts. Has everyone forgotten about the gorgeous pictures at the "admin photos" gallery?!

Jeremy
5th March 2006, 23:05
I also haveto disagree with nudies fitting better for girls with boy'ish butts. Has everyone forgotten about the gorgeous pictures at the "admin photos" gallery?!

Yeah, but not many girls (aside from my girlfriend :P) look like that :D... most of the girls i've seen wear nudies are shop girls... and most of the time they're short and podgy.

blurr
6th March 2006, 03:10
My g/f wears Nudie Super slim kims dry! She hasn't washed them for 3 weeks now! another 49 weeks to go :D

kpxiv
21st March 2006, 20:39
nudies are the same as any jean when it comes to how well it fits someone's (a girls) butt. they're clearly cut with guys figures in mind, but exceptions are everywhere.

there just aren't that many awesome girls who know about nudie and get into the idea of wearing dry jeans.

sneakers
4th April 2006, 10:10
girls with dry denim are hot 8)

BMAX
11th August 2006, 22:18
I'm a girl... and I have a pair of 18 week old TFDBs. I love them and think they fit great. I'm still trying to decide if I want them sortened or not. The only pait left at the store as a 27X34, and since my legs aren't nearly long enough to warrent a 34... I left them scrunched.

minoki
20th August 2006, 01:33
I'm a girl....er woman..I dunno, what are you when you're almost 30 and married?

www.lark8thave.com

M!ch
20th August 2006, 10:54
I'm a girl....er woman..I dunno, what are you when you're almost 30 and married?

www.lark8thave.com

Whatever you feel like, i guess... :P

minoki
20th August 2006, 21:28

www.lark8thave.com

Whatever you feel like, i guess... :P

I guess I feel like a denim geek, a geek in general really. :wink:

wraywray
22nd February 2011, 22:35
In Canada they sell lots of Nudies to girls. Aritzia has a few styles and Holt Renfrew stocks them in both mens and womens sections :) I love my Tight Long Johns the best!

watermelon91
23rd February 2011, 02:45
Is it me or are more people wearing Nudies in Canada?

Earl18
23rd February 2011, 04:00
they probably saw josh's video

kayodic
17th May 2011, 17:08
alright i give a bump to this almost dead thread and try to spice it up a bit. this thread is dedicated to all ladies in da house right? so why dont we share some love here ;-)

SJDJ
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3876/sjdjwrywt.jpg

linda and geisha
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j353/kayodic-/lindavsgeisha1.jpg?t=1302520013
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j353/kayodic-/lindavsgeisha2.jpg?t=1302520013

NFxMomotaro
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j353/kayodic-/Kayodic%20for%20OGL/IMG_7041resized.jpg?t=1305397537

looking forward to see more contributions.....

outman007
18th May 2011, 08:57

---------

TaylorMade R9 (http://www.golftopsale.com/TaylorMade-R9-Driver-1003.html)

latterdue
18th May 2011, 09:33
[QUOTE=kayodic;309633]alright i give a bump to this almost dead thread and try to spice it up a bit. this thread is dedicated to all ladies in da house right? so why dont we share some love here ;-)

SJDJ
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3876/sjdjwrywt.jpg

Now these are cool! Great fit! I'm a girl / woman and fairly new to this forum. Finding myself quite obsessed myself.

Max Power
18th May 2011, 09:39
^feel free to contribute some pictures!
And although I said it on indigoroots before: I really like these SJDJ, fitwise and because of the fading and the removed embo. To my knowledge, Kay is the only girl I saw with Jims.

kayodic
18th May 2011, 09:49
^so very kind of you Max, i think i need new pics of my SJDJ and other nudies to boost this beloved forum :)

@latterdue: yes please.... we want to see your Grim tim ;-)

fairylicks
18th May 2011, 11:09
Nice collection you got there kayodic!!! How long do you usually wear your pants before the first wash?

latterdue
18th May 2011, 11:24
@latterdue: yes please.... we want to see your Grim tim ;-)[/QUOTE]

Allright, then. Here are soem pics of the Grim Tims when new:
http://heidimartinsen.no/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/GTDDO-front.jpg
http://heidimartinsen.no/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/GTDDO-rear.jpg

kayodic
18th May 2011, 12:20
^my oh my, GT fits you so well.... how tall are you if i may ask? you look so skinny and tall :)

Fairy: i washed my nudies after 8-9 months wearing (still a noob back then as i was afraid to wash :oops:), Linda after 7-8 months, Geisha after 4 months.

latterdue
18th May 2011, 12:29
^Thanks, kayodic :) I'm 185 cm tall (about 6ft.1, I think). Wish the jeans came in /36 inseam, but they don't anymore according to Nudiejeans.com. Those are my first raw denim and I'm pretty excited to find out how they turn out. Will NOT wash in at least 6 months. Do you have any raw selvage jeans?

Max Power
18th May 2011, 12:47
wow, you're as tall as me then (nearly) ;-) And, if I may answer for Kay-bird, she's our selvage girl No.1 here.

latterdue
18th May 2011, 12:55
[QUOTE=... And, if I may answer for Kay-bird, she's our selvage girl No.1 here.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I see! Cool! Not that common to see girls wearing raw selvage jeans in the streets (of Oslo, at least).

fairylicks
18th May 2011, 12:56
@ Kay: 8-9 months are a loooong time :-) Let´s see if I can wait this long with my ajds.

@ Latterdue: The fit looks fine and I think even better with some shoes on ;-) What about selvage wearing guys in Oslo? Ar they more common?

kayodic
18th May 2011, 13:05
haha... cmon Max i dont have any selvage Nudies...

latterdue: yes i have some pairs of selvage jeans and i already posted 3 of them: Linda (half yellow selvage), Geisha (pink selvage), NFxMomotaro (red selvage).

Fairy: of course you can do it... just give them some fresh air when needed and i still have unwashed Nudie (i'll never wash my TFDBC).

fairylicks
18th May 2011, 13:38
Fresh air was never the problem. I was always over-excited when the first fadings and creases were settled that I washed maybe too early (around three month mark). But I am really going to keep my ajds and my mccoys lee unwashed as long as possible...

latterdue
18th May 2011, 13:41
@kayodic: I obviously didn't do my research ;)
@fairylicks: Thanks. They have "dropped down" a little now as the denim is softer. Looks ok with shoes as well. There are selvage wearing guys, definitely! I think guys have more fits to choose from in selvage jeans, really. Girls often choose skinny, prewashed, stretch jeans around here. Doesn't seem to be many selvage versions of those imo.

INDIGO GIRL
29th November 2011, 00:02
I bought Tight Long John in 24/32" in BlackBlack cos Nudies are such amazing jeans.

But even they're too big : up in the Market place sadly.

But unisex and probably better on a skinny guy

kayodic
29th November 2011, 00:38
^if nudie size 24 are too big for you, other ladies "jeans" will be prolly too big for you as well.

Max Power
29th November 2011, 09:18
Sorry to be the pain in the ass again,but for crying out lout, PLEASE ONLY BUMP YOUR SALES THREAD. DO NOT POST IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD THAT YOU'RE SELLING A TLJ 24*32. THANK YOU

beautiful_FrEaK
29th November 2011, 10:06
...and I thought only guys would be trolling

kayodic
29th November 2011, 10:22
^she could be he no? it's on interwebz :p