PDA

View Full Version : Keep 'em raw or not?

antihero
11th November 2005, 08:32
Just a informal poll:

How many people out there are wearing their raw denim as they bought them (i.e. not trying to achieve any distressing or personalized processing)? The past couple of years especially has shown that dry raw denim is style onto itself, and people are into preserving the indigo. I've rinsed a couple of my pairs rof dry raw (APC & Acne - the more dressy jeans) right away to do exactly this. However, I don't know that many people are doing this with their Nudies....

I was just curious to know what the forum's thoughts are on keeping them they are. And if so - which cut you'd do it with.

Keep em raw or not?

Hedman
11th November 2005, 08:49
I wear my jeans til they smell so bad that I can't be near people anymore :P
Then it's time for the first wash. I do not try to keep my dry jeans clean or something; I want them to be personal.

Cyriel
11th November 2005, 09:11
wearin'em till they smell my ass of 8)

that's right now... I've just arrived at my office and I'm here by bike. And it was rainin'.... damn, it smells...

I'm gonna air them tomorrow :D and if that doesn't do, I will wash, but i was planning to wait till June'06.

Hedman
11th November 2005, 09:21
wearin'em till they smell my ass of 8)

that's right now... I've just arrived at my office and I'm here by bike. And it was rainin'.... damn, it smells...

I'm gonna air them tomorrow :D and if that doesn't do, I will wash, but i was planning to wait till June'06.

For how long have them been worn so far Cyriel? :)

toszie
11th November 2005, 12:56
Just a informal poll:

How many people out there are wearing their raw denim as they bought them (i.e. not trying to achieve any distressing or personalized processing)? The past couple of years especially has shown that dry raw denim is style onto itself, and people are into preserving the indigo. I've rinsed a couple of my pairs rof dry raw (APC & Acne - the more dressy jeans) right away to do exactly this. However, I don't know that many people are doing this with their Nudies....

I was just curious to know what the forum's thoughts are on keeping them they are. And if so - which cut you'd do it with.

Keep em raw or not?

But If you wear jeans you cannot let them stay raw? They will stress out? And if you wash the will fade... right?

11th November 2005, 15:22
I Think you should never wash your Nudies! Wear them til theyre totally destroyed...

Hedman
11th November 2005, 15:38
I Think you should never wash your Nudies! Wear them til theyre totally destroyed...

Is that what you do then?

11th November 2005, 15:56
Yes

Hedman
11th November 2005, 16:22
Yes

Disgusting :P But, I'm not that kind of person who would wear a pair of jeans several years without getting a new pair. It's economical but I wouldn't manage that... I want new models and fits all the time.

11th November 2005, 16:27
Oh i have several pairs..so i can change ;)

Hedman
11th November 2005, 17:05
Oh i have several pairs..so i can change ;)

But then it will take many many years til your nudies are totally destroyed..

nudieparrott
11th November 2005, 17:46
I think worn selvage is really rad...more interesting and more fun to work with and watch evolve. But...pure raw jeans can look very slick and clean so it's nice to have a pair around.

ulrich
21st November 2005, 17:10
i try to keep them raw and shiny, and without any fade. somebody got any tips about the wash??

Cr1sp
15th June 2011, 04:37
why would you get raw denim . why not just get dark jeans

Max Power
15th June 2011, 07:08
why asking this on a dry denim forum

xxhalcyonxx
15th June 2011, 07:14
why asking this on a dry denim forum

Exactly.