PDA

View Full Version : raw shorts

dalenzo
5th April 2008, 08:37
since summer is approaching, i've been looking around for a pair denim shorts(dry) but cant seems to find any. anyone has any idea which company actually make dry denim shorts?

ps sry if theres already a similar thread, just cant be bothered to go through all the old threads.

WolfLikeMe
5th April 2008, 08:38
lol

dalenzo
5th April 2008, 08:39
whats so funny about that ?

BlueOctoberFan
5th April 2008, 15:01
Uh, jean shorts? I'd say that, generally speaking, jean shorts = not cool.

I suppose you could get a cheap pair of raws and have them hemmed to above the knee...

superslim_zac
5th April 2008, 15:50
Yeah I don't know what it is, everyone seems to hate on denim shorts but where I'm from, they're kinda cool.

My mate has a pair of slim jims cut off to just above the knee, and another mate has a pair of ralfs to the same with the cuff.

I'm gonna cut myself a pair this summer coming up, I don't know what jeans I'll use yet tho.

My recommendation is to look for a pair of slightly used jeans in your size here or on SUFU and just chop em off and let the fray up.

soompi
5th April 2008, 16:02
That will be hot inside raw jeans in summer.

dalenzo
5th April 2008, 16:32
oh well, depends how u wear with and what you wear it with.. and its hot during summer, i reckon short jeans +tshirt+ flipflop/plimsolls aint that bad at all.

whenitsquiet
5th April 2008, 19:13
i think jean shorts look good, especially raw, last summer i wore my cut off jims like every day

soompi
5th April 2008, 19:27
just cuff them to the knee and roll them while cuffing:mrgreen:

offyatree
6th April 2008, 09:09
i've never been a fan of denim shorts, but it should be interesting to see how raw short denim look like.

BeauIXI
6th April 2008, 10:25
Slim-fit denim shorts are freakin' huge this year in the indie style circles around Vancouver.

I'd really like a pair of SJDBC or SGDGC cutoffs.. Those'd be the nicest jean shorts you could have, I think.

Snorlax02
6th April 2008, 10:52
I talked a guy at general pants at paddington (dont get why its there since its like 20m from the nudie store) and he got TFDBC and it stretched too much for him so he sized down on another pair and just cut the stretched out pair above the knee and cuffed em. Like zac said they arent hated here. Also ksubi sell a gray pair allredy worn and cuffed and everything~ they seem to be selling.

BeauIXI
6th April 2008, 11:05
That's pretty cool. I like the trick where you get some nice dress pants at a second hand store and cut and hem them into some really nice shorts.

dalenzo
6th April 2008, 11:30
yeah mate, might just get myself some sj or equivalent if there's a cheap one up in the market place.

Howie
6th April 2008, 11:38
Cultizm had these really sick Levi's Red Shorts a while ago. Cant seem to find them anymore though.

dalenzo
6th April 2008, 11:50
i suppose they arent raw rite?

Howie
6th April 2008, 11:52
They were raw. Let me see if i can dig into the deep bottoms of the internet for some photos.
PS: The fit on them is really weird.. I think they are sick however.
(Yay, 100 Posts.)

soompi
6th April 2008, 17:28
U mean the Selvage one which were cuffed to the thigh:confused:

they looked awful

whenitsquiet
6th April 2008, 18:09
That's pretty cool. I like the trick where you get some nice dress pants at a second hand store and cut and hem them into some really nice shorts.

just found a pair of womens dockers with a herringbone twill and made em into shorts i love them!

loste
7th April 2008, 00:30
To all you that lives in America and England and Canada.

Do you call it shorts when it is cut off just below the knee cap?

i think a baggy raw denim that is cut and cuffed so it is below the knee cap looks okey.

Would that be called shorts?

BlueOctoberFan
7th April 2008, 00:40
I would consider those to be shorts. Generally speaking, I never wear shorts that are above the knee.

loste
7th April 2008, 00:43
thats what i thought. we call it shorts.
but
what would you call it?

offyatree
7th April 2008, 00:43
i think we still do call them shorts, loste. :)

the only shorts that are above my knees are my swimming shorts :mrgreen:.

BeauIXI
7th April 2008, 00:48
Shorts should be above the knee or at the kneecap, in my opinion. It's 2008, for god's sake. If you're going to wear shorts, wear shorts.

loste
7th April 2008, 01:02
the only shorts that are above my knees are my swimming shorts :mrgreen:.

i only have one swimming shorts too.

i dont wear shorts ever. only jeans......yeeyyyy. JEANS..:mrgreen:

i wouldnt wanna cut off my jeans to make a senim shorts but those at the knee dont look bad at all imo.

BlueOctoberFan
7th April 2008, 01:56
I have a couple pairs of shorts, and both are at the knee-cap. I'm in basically the same boat as Loste, however, in that I never wear them. I've not been big on shorts since high-school where we weren't allowed to wear them because they're "childish looking." I haven't been there for over 8 years now, but that notion has stuck with me.

chingypop
20th April 2008, 03:21
i reckon demin skinny shorts are hot. but i'm too scared to buy a pair of nudies and cutting them myself....but i really want a pair :-( does anyone have any suggestions ??? :?::?::?:

superslim_zac
20th April 2008, 17:03
pick up a pair in your size for $50 at the next Nudie sale, that way you can look cool and keep the change!

chingypop
21st April 2008, 09:30
zomg when are nudies on sale? :confused:
I don't think there's ever been one in brisbane. *sigh*

superslim_zac
21st April 2008, 09:37
Ah yeah probably not in brisbane. The Nudie store in Sydney has the sale once or twice a year, last one was on australia day.

chingypop
21st April 2008, 09:44
damn it. stupid Brisbane and it's lack of fashion sense. :-( :-(

Gregory
21st April 2008, 18:08
those would be shpants or borderline man-capris my friend.....super suuper gay