PDA

View Full Version : Bring the 70s back

Epilogue
22nd March 2008, 20:55
Yes my friends, I am tired of all the straight and tapered jeans. It's time for Nudie to bring back the real deal, bootcut jeans! Flare Glenn and Bootcut Barry will come and then there will be light again, which will crush all the imperiums darkness, the emos, sunyboys and college jacket wearing pussies.
So put on your Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd shirts and rock on dudes - in the name of rock, love and freedom. And nooo, I said nooooo ugly white shoes.
The countdown begins. We will see soon again. :)

reGuar
22nd March 2008, 22:51
oh, please kill me if bootcut is coming back.

offyatree
22nd March 2008, 23:01
you mean bootcut like this? that's like from that 70s show.
http://www.thefabricofourlives.com/StyleFile/CrazyforCorduroy/images/TrueReligionCorduroyPants.jpg

Acetate
22nd March 2008, 23:50
oh, please kill me if bootcut is coming back.

I'd better say get rid of them before they spread out.

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/d/images/dawn-of-the-dead-2.jpg

Seriously as Cable said screw the hype and wear what you want to.

Epilogue
23rd March 2008, 00:00
epi is back with a bang!

yes yes we all await them....and i say screw "boot cut time" and "straight tapered fit time"
just wear what you like all the time....though yes Nudie bringing them back would have a lot to do with it.

Yeah, yeah, right, but without the 70s revival that's going on at this moment (you can see this from all the H&M advertising - Women in 70s clothes) Nudie would not bring back the Flare Glenn which I want. I wear bootcut jeans all the time and I agree that there should not be seasons for wearing a special kind of jeans, nevertheless I am happy about the revival because I get a pair of Flare Glenn I never got back then when they were available. :)
I am also really curious about the Barry.

http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/music_images/Led_Zeppelin_on_stage_1977.jpg

loste
23rd March 2008, 00:04
there is so much cool clothes from the 70s.

I see in all the stores here that the 80s are back. alot of the colors from the 80s.
cant say i am a fan.

and i see alot of kids, 12 to 16 wearing two hair bands( dont know the right word, but a thin one that girls use to make pony tails etc). they have those on the cuff of their jeans so it will "taper" the jeans.

does people do that were you guys live?
it looks so stupid. a weird trend i think.:lol:

that is some serious 70s flare jeans that Robert Plant is wearing there

ninjapie
23rd March 2008, 00:08
Uniqlo was marketing them like crazy.

Epilogue
23rd March 2008, 00:16
there is so much cool clothes from the 70s.

I see in all the stores here that the 80s are back. alot of the colors from the 80s.
cant say i am a fan.

and i see alot of kids, 12 to 16 wearing two hair bands( dont know the right word, but a thin one that girls use to make pony tails etc). they have those on the cuff of their jeans so it will "taper" the jeans.

does people do that were you guys live?
it looks so stupid. a weird trend i think.:lol:

that is some serious 70s flare jeans that Robert Plant is wearing there

Never seen one here with it. What a strange trend. And yeah Plant is wearing huge flares, they don't have to be this big but nevertheless, it's pure rock coolness. Nice Flare Glenns and a 70s rock shirt and you are the man. Buy a guitar to it and all the girls (well at least the good looking ones and not the plastic disco barbies) will run after you, hrhr. At the moment I am rocking in my dry black coated Jims, but I just can't get used to them. I like Jims but the dry coated feels somehow like a tapered one.

BlueOctoberFan
23rd March 2008, 04:22
Loste, you're definitely right about the 80s seeming to be back in style right now, which is aweful because there was no style to the 80s... If it's swinging back a little farther, that'd be awesome. Granted, I still can't wear much of anything that was "in" in the 70s, but it's better to look at than the 80s...

Nudieist
23rd March 2008, 10:57
It all comes and goes. We already had a 70s revival (fashionwise) in the early 90s. Now it's 80s again, with tight & slim jeans, colorful shirts, sneakers and all. In the 90s we couldn't believe how tight the jeans were that we wore in the 80s and when I looked at pics from that time I was LOL. Now the kiddies and emo's are wearing those tight jeans again and thinking that raw denim and breaking in a pair of jeans is a new invention or something. It's all old, it was all there already. And it will go again. Like anything in life.

The cool thing IMO in the 00's is, that anything goes now. You can wear tight jeans, bootcut, straight jeans, you name it. If you are not 22 anymore and not so much into stupid fashion trends it's cool. Wear what you like and it's all good.

loste
23rd March 2008, 23:28
. I like Jims but the dry coated feels somehow like a tapered one.

i know what you mean.
my black coated feels different than my greycast.

Legoland
24th March 2008, 00:00
I thought we were already in the 90's. I am. micky mouse hoodies ftw.

Gmo is Back
24th March 2008, 06:03
all jeans are footwear dependent.

I say rock what feels right... unless what feels right makes you look like an idiot

BeauIXI
24th March 2008, 13:45
all jeans are footwear dependent.

I say rock what feels right... unless what feels right makes you look like an idiot

Quoted for all-encompassment.

Epilogue
12th May 2008, 10:41
So dudes, when does the AW 2008/2009 collection come? It's not far away right?

TFking
12th May 2008, 11:33
what are the trends we will look back on from this decade?? hoodies? low rise jeans? what do you think?

BlueOctoberFan
12th May 2008, 16:06
Considering hoodies and low rise jeans came about in prior decades, we're not likely to see much of anything from this decade that hasn't been seen before. Lesson: never throw away your clothes, and they'll come back into style eventually...

Tiro
12th May 2008, 16:59
Considering hoodies and low rise jeans came about in prior decades, we're not likely to see much of anything from this decade that hasn't been seen before. Lesson: never throw away your clothes, and they'll come back into style eventually...

hell yeah, then you just call it vintage and everyone will think it's awesome! :-D

Bobbejaan
12th May 2008, 18:08
I really dont like the 70's clothing style. But i like the vibe from that era. Always when i see pics of my mom and dad i think about those days. There were hippies with long hair and flowerprtinted shirts.
'
I love those Led Zeppelin '77 tour shirts..

epi ---> you are http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/ :P

whenitsquiet
12th May 2008, 19:32
i tend to be more of a bootcut guy too and im stoked that their brining the flair glenn back ive been waiting for this!! but i agree no one style is better than another unless you look like thishttp://backintheday.blogharbor.com/80s/images/childabuse.jpg

offyatree
12th May 2008, 19:46
what a funky family with some crazy hair there.

aprilguy
12th May 2008, 21:39
that's 80s

Epilogue
13th May 2008, 11:07
Dudes, I just asked when the Autumn/Winter collection will be out. :p

lilldavid
13th May 2008, 11:19
http://lae.blogg.se/images/rupert79a5_1170286964.jpg

I could want that cardigan...

wizjiz
30th May 2008, 09:12
i tend to be more of a bootcut guy too and im stoked that their brining the flair glenn back ive been waiting for this!! but i agree no one style is better than another unless you look like thishttp://backintheday.blogharbor.com/80s/images/childabuse.jpg

lmao hahaha.That pic had me rolling xD.

Jasper11
15th June 2008, 15:51
High water pants :lol:

cookarikappou
17th June 2008, 03:52
i'll panic more if that hairstyle comes back.. LOL.....
simply don't wear it dear... you do not have to follow trends,,,

senyo
22nd June 2008, 06:59
Flairs... ew.