PDA

View Full Version : do you like cell phone fade?

Marshal
17th March 2008, 23:22
1. Yes
2. No
3. Some times

offyatree
17th March 2008, 23:24
1. Yes
2. No
3. Some times

sometimes. it seems that if you have a cellfone fade meaning that you sit a lot!

Marshal
17th March 2008, 23:26
well it fade more when your walking.

i have a cell phone fade.

Tiro
17th March 2008, 23:27
wow two topics for one question, I need to get myself a cell phone fade right away!
http://www.poke-egg.com/pics/gay_thread.jpg

Marshal
17th March 2008, 23:28
yeah i pressed back to change something and it posted again.

Tiro
17th March 2008, 23:29
ever heard of the 'edit' function...

aprilguy
17th March 2008, 23:58
2. No.

loste
18th March 2008, 00:04
Ni. it is ugly i think.
i started to get a cell phone fade on a pair once and after that i stopped carrying my phone in my front pocket.

havent this been discussed before?

BB-Tjai
21st March 2008, 13:55
No it's ugly and gives a cheap looking fading

Bobbejaan
21st March 2008, 14:25
i can't care about a cell phone fade. I have no other place to put it

I can't wear it in my back pockets.. Full of redmoon and other stuff. And the pockets there so ill use it. Maybe nudie should make a super mini fexible telephone to prevent a fade ;)

Giraffen
21st March 2008, 14:33
Frontpockets = No never
Backpockets = Sure why not

:D

superslim_zac
21st March 2008, 15:02
Frontpockets = No never
Backpockets = Sure why not

:D

I'll expand. Front pockets: looks stupid and out of place.
Back pocket: if you need to put it somewhere, it's a decent place to put it.

Alexander
9th April 2008, 07:07
i agree. after i saw what could happen if i left my cell phone where it was i began to put it in my back pocket.

deviousfool
9th April 2008, 08:09
hm.. I don't understand why the front pocket isn't a viable option for cell phone placement.
I mean, you don't have to take it out everytime you sit. It does leave ugly fade to your jeans, but at the end of the day, jeans are just meant to be jeans and I don't wanna risk losing my cell phone or sitting on them.
Cell phones are generally more expensive than dry jeans too.

jer1978oen
9th April 2008, 18:55
1. Yes
2. No
3. Some times

No. But neither do I like fading from wallets, snussboxes or keys.

Zee
9th April 2008, 21:03
No. But neither do I like fading from wallets, snussboxes or keys.

I agree with this. I have never been a fan of fading caused by the contents of one's pockets, with the possible exception of a wallet fade on the back pocket. I also agree that a cell phone fade looks worse when it is on the front pocket than when it is on the back pocket. In general, there is something incongruous about cell phones and dry jeans.

Eirick
9th April 2008, 21:35
I don't get it.

I allways had/have my phone in the front pockets. Why should I change it, just because I wear dry denims?
If you have your phone in the front pocket, it's a way of how you wear/live them.
So be it.

sundials
9th April 2008, 21:53
i mostly just like the wallet fade.

cox093
24th April 2008, 12:51
na i think it looks shit
wallet fades look so much better

::Michel::
27th April 2008, 23:48
I like them http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/evo-fight/Smileys/cheer.gif

The ''Nudie repairkit'' fades are ugly http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/evo-fight/Smileys/pukey.gif

jeremiah89
28th April 2008, 01:38
I like them on the back pockets.

Sobot
29th April 2008, 03:01
I dont like any cell phone or wallet fade, but I have a cell phone fade :(

wizjiz
30th May 2008, 08:16
I personally don't like the cell phone fade.

superslim_zac
30th May 2008, 16:56
you and me both jizz (lolz)

RJCleveland
31st May 2008, 06:10
Why would you people not like it?

Nudies are supposed to reflect your lifestyle. If your cell is part of your everyday life, then its only natural it would show in your denim.

MUCH better than putting random crap in your pockets to make fades.

Noodlecake
1st June 2008, 01:10
Only like it when the fade it subtle, dont like a big white rectangle!

BeauIXI
1st June 2008, 02:22
Don't like it. Looks silly. I dislike my iPod fade.

pumper_rob
1st June 2008, 04:39
dont like it, but i guess you gotta put your phone somewhere

exia
1st June 2008, 08:04
no i don't like it

ex

ProjectD
1st June 2008, 09:18
No choice? :-(

Epilogue
1st June 2008, 11:16
"Mobiles may also increase temperature in the groin, if a man was wearing it on a belt or carrying it around in a pocket."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-412179/Men-use-mobile-phones-face-increased-risk-infertility.html

No way I will ever carry my cell phone in my jeans pocket. Never did and never will.

superslim_zac
1st June 2008, 16:08
Why would you people not like it?

Nudies are supposed to reflect your lifestyle. If your cell is part of your everyday life, then its only natural it would show in your denim.

MUCH better than putting random crap in your pockets to make fades.

Mostly because it makes the front of your jeans look stupid. My phone is in my back left, but I don't really like that. It's just somewhere to put it. I think it looks bad in the front pocket, too bulky and buldge plus leaves crap

And no-one said that I like any other "random crap" in the pockets for fades either.

Give me wallet fade and I'm happy. I would rather not have a cell phone fade at all if I could.

swiss-jeansfreak
6th June 2008, 03:18
I like all kind of fading as long as it's a part of a persons life. My cellphone is in the right breast pocket of my denim jacket and just a very few times in the front pocket of my jeans. But I usually have quite some fading from both of my front pockets since I'm using them quite heavy carring some stuff inside them like some tools or keys and so on.

theorbb
6th June 2008, 16:16
"Mobiles may also increase temperature in the groin, if a man was wearing it on a belt or carrying it around in a pocket."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-412179/Men-use-mobile-phones-face-increased-risk-infertility.html

No way I will ever carry my cell phone in my jeans pocket. Never did and never will.

...it only refers to using your phone in the vicinity of your groin. Just keeping it there doesn't do anything...unless you were to receive a phone call or message. And in that case, exposure would be little.

selwynroars
21st June 2008, 16:40
1. Yes
2. No
3. Some times

Yes! in fact, my cellphone is making a rip haha

superslim_zac
21st June 2008, 17:02
sucks to be you

nothing says cool well worn jeans like a nice rectangle bulge on your leg.

swiss-jeansfreak
29th June 2008, 17:48
About the cellphone, I'm carrying in my breast pocket of my denim jacket: I almost never have it on, I just use the cellphone in case of emergency or for an important phone call which can't wait

rwrobinson07
29th June 2008, 17:50
I kinda like it...it looks good in mine...i have a blackberry pearl thought so it fits perfect and looks pretty sweet so far.

sm2s
4th August 2008, 01:14
i liked the fade on my backpockets, but i got a new phone and put it in my front pocket. i dont htink i will like this, but i aslo dont want to use a holster or anything.

[801]crow
4th August 2008, 17:35
i liked the fade on my backpockets, but i got a new phone and put it in my front pocket. i dont htink i will like this, but i aslo dont want to use a holster or anything.

I can see why you wouldn't want to wear a holster. IMO I think they are pretty lame looking and something with them makes some people look like ass holes same with the blue tooth headsets. Something about them... hmmmm

I rarely carry my cell phone in mine, I don't think the fade would look so good...

Sobot
4th August 2008, 19:30
my minimal cell phone fade really influenced my decision on which cell phone to buy next. My cell phone died, and I had to make sure the new one fit the fade... haha

[801]crow
4th August 2008, 19:34
my minimal cell phone fade really influenced my decision on which cell phone to buy next. My cell phone died, and I had to make sure the new one fit the fade... haha

I am sure you could have bought the same phone again, or you could have picked up a bigger one to add another fade? Maybe?

mugatu7177
4th August 2008, 20:24
I haven't really gotten crazy fading, but I don't think I'm gonna like it. Oh well no choice.

NUDIESALLDAY
6th August 2008, 20:20
crow;157651']I am sure you could have bought the same phone again, or you could have picked up a bigger one to add another fade? Maybe?

haha that's what i did. i'm working on the second celly fade now.

Sobot
7th August 2008, 03:10
crow;157651']I am sure you could have bought the same phone again, or you could have picked up a bigger one to add another fade? Maybe?

well, I did both actually.

I upgrade from my old razr to the new one... which is slightly bigger, just thinner.

jobesjobes
7th August 2008, 19:05
This topic is hilarious. What next? Cutting off your penis (for men, obviously) because you don't like a "penis fade"? :-)

So thats a 4 for me:

4. I don't care.

Sobot
7th August 2008, 23:12
This topic is hilarious. What next? Cutting off your penis (for men, obviously) because you don't like a "penis fade"? :-)

So thats a 4 for me:

4. I don't care.

I don't really see the humor dude...

NUDIESALLDAY
7th August 2008, 23:51
PENIS FADE ALL THE WAY!

hipster chicks will now start looking for the "nudie penis fade" when deciding who to go home with. impressing them with a cool fixie is out, penis fade is the next shit.

jobesjobes
8th August 2008, 04:59
PENIS FADE ALL THE WAY!

hipster chicks will now start looking for the "nudie penis fade" when deciding who to go home with. impressing them with a cool fixie is out, penis fade is the next shit.

HAHAHA, they'll be checking for the 12 inch fade down to your thigh.

Who knows, Nudie might bring out a third trouser leg for the well hung. It may even come with its own pocket with the Nudie wave. An then there will be the "Should I put my wallet in my penis pocket?" thread as well as "Everytime my phone vibrates it feels good because I keep my phone in my penis pocket." thread.

kikikaco
8th August 2008, 09:51
no...........

korey_777
12th August 2008, 07:51
i wish i could NOT have a cell fade. to bad theres no other place to have it

fobert
12th August 2008, 08:51

Who knows, Nudie might bring out a third trouser leg for the well hung. It may even come with its own pocket with the Nudie wave. An then there will be the "Should I put my wallet in my penis pocket?" thread as well as "Everytime my phone vibrates it feels good because I keep my phone in my penis pocket." thread.

A penis pocket? That is just ridiculous. Why dont you just tape your cellphone to your dick please. And stop with the werid ideas

nudieaddict
12th August 2008, 10:04
it's called a joke buddy :roll:

fobert
12th August 2008, 13:32
wasnt funny enough :x

jobesjobes
13th August 2008, 05:54
^^ You're a toolbag. Just because your dollar is worth shit, doesn't mean you have to lose your sense of humour. Sheesh.

Maybe you should check your spelling and grammar too.

dekong
13th August 2008, 18:19

nice joke man. :-D

btw, i got a cell phone fade on my Levi too.

tzenlip
9th September 2008, 03:02
most of my jeans has cellphone fade, cause all my cellphones are thick like brick :(

xxhalcyonxx
11th November 2008, 06:31
1. Yes
2. No
3. Some times

No, I don't like it but i don't have anything against anyone who has or wants to have it. By the way, I keep my pockets empty from wallet, handphone or snuss can. I either put my stuffs in my bag or hold them by hand.

dr.house
23rd January 2009, 08:03
No, never.

fnlit
23rd January 2009, 10:26
If anyone notices sometimes people get this 1 line cell phone fade, its not the entire outline of the phone. Just kind of a single vertical faded line. I think it look good imo.

adam
23rd January 2009, 11:12
im not arsed, if its happening its happening.

my keys are just a bundle of keys, a usb stick, and a bottle opener out of a christmas cracker, so it has no solid shape, just a big metal mess. thats making a fade on my svens but its ok.

stop worrying.

lemmy
23rd January 2009, 12:00
this thread is so nerd...

ng_tetet
23rd January 2009, 15:25
this thread is so nerd...
lol

it does depend on your personal taste, doesnt it? and i might go for a "yes" :-P

stephen81107
23rd January 2009, 18:30
not in the front pockets.

Arya
23rd January 2009, 20:36
i dont choose to have a cell phone fade but sitting on a $300 phone doesnt seem like a good (or comfortable) idea and being that january in arizona still isnt cold enough for a jacket i just have no other logical places for it but i do my part to not encourage the fade by taking my phone out of my pocket whenever im not going anywhere.

m00ba77
23rd January 2009, 22:50
I do NOT like phone fades at all. I carry a HTC Touch Pro and before that a HTC PPC 6700 which is way too big for jeans anyways.

Keep your phone in your jacket/blazer, it's just easier to get to.

PaulyXD
4th March 2009, 06:43
get the fade that comes naturally. if you normally carry a cell phone in your front pocket, let it fade that way.

BODYBREAK
9th March 2009, 02:11
i carry my wallet in my right back, my ipod classic in my left back and my cellphone in my front left. misc materials go in the front right -- so that's the only pocket that doesn't have a rectangular fade going on.
i mean, the only alternative to carrying all that stuff in pockets and enduring the subsequent fades would be to wear a fannypack.
and that, friends, is not going to happen.

dave523
10th March 2009, 00:27
i think it is cool. I always wear my phone in my front pocket and i think my jeans should fade natuarlly. Don't want to change my behaviour just because i wear dry Nudies.

swiss-jeansfreak
10th March 2009, 09:19
I carry my cellphone in the right front pocket of my Lee Storm Rider denin jacket. During the hot summer season I seldom carry it on my right front pocket of my jeans. But it's not enough for a real fading. I have some real pocket fading anyway from carrying other stuff in all my pockets. I don't search it, but just like the natural way of fading. If the front pocket areas are exploding, I don't care, it's just a part of my denim evolution.

Dr.denim305
10th March 2009, 20:30
Im currently doing a IPOD 30gb fade on my SJDG and its coming out great but i wouldnt like the cellpone/front fade on certain jeans

deathmullet
19th March 2009, 01:05
i can't care about a cell phone fade. I have no other place to put it

I can't wear it in my back pockets.. Full of redmoon and other stuff. And the pockets there so ill use it. Maybe nudie should make a super mini fexible telephone to prevent a fade ;)

good call man!
LOL

Steng0lv
6th May 2009, 20:00
nah dont like it : >

ng_tetet
6th May 2009, 20:03
i just knew those cellphone fades are ruining the whisker.
damn, mine is already set in and now i have strong blue fades in the right
and none in the left.
cellphone fades suck hard.

Subway
6th May 2009, 20:15
I just put whatever I need in my pockets, I'm not going to make special accommodations, so I don't get certain fades in my jeans.

oeija
7th May 2009, 00:29
its not too bad. it actually makes some nudies look cool. but i wouldn want it on all my jeans. i think cell phone fades on some of your nudies are alright not all your pairs. but it doesn really go with japanese denim..

me
7th May 2009, 00:35
i think if you wear your phone there it is cool , and when you make intentional fades of other things that u don't normally have in your pockets then that is uncool.

lemmy
7th May 2009, 01:15
a cellphone near your balls sucks

ng_tetet
7th May 2009, 06:40
@me: are you pointing out the circle things in the back pocket?
@lemmy: lol.

oeija
7th May 2009, 06:56
speaking of snuss can fading.. i actually bought 4 snuss cans and paid customs to get them over here.

i tried using them and but i my snuss fading isnt defined or sharp.

How did you guys get a sharp defined circle? my snuss can always shifted here and there so theres just a whitish circular area but it isnt the outline of a circle!!

me
7th May 2009, 13:01
chew can isnt bad, it you chew, but i was talking about anything tht is just there for the purpose of a fade ... brass knuckles, big circles , ect...

xxhalcyonxx
7th May 2009, 14:30
i think if you wear your phone there it is cool , and when you make intentional fades of other things that u don't normally have in your pockets then that is uncool.

I feel the same as ng_tetet and lemmy on this one but I do have to agree with you too.

chew can isnt bad, it you chew, but i was talking about anything tht is just there for the purpose of a fade ... brass knuckles, big circles , ect...

I believe brass knuckles may not be one of those things that one put in the pocket and not use.

ng_tetet
7th May 2009, 14:59
im thinking how the f+ck people wear their jeans for months with bruss knuckle
on their back pocket. it is heavy and big, i mean, it gotta be uncomfortable at all.

xxhalcyonxx
7th May 2009, 15:13
It's not that heavy. A friend once got me one in Bangkok. I have neither a snuss can nor brass knuckles in my pocket, in fact, my keys are being hooked to my belt loop, I have nothing in my pockets now.
To me, anything in the back pocket of any jeans (especially slim or skinny) is uncomfortable.

ng_tetet
7th May 2009, 15:18
as a matter of fact, i tried some circle thing on my finns back pocket last night
but im still not sure whether to put in or not at all.

xxhalcyonxx
7th May 2009, 15:23
It's your jeans, you make the decision. I personally don't like anything in my pockets. But if I ever do, I make sure I needed it in my pocket.
Like me said,

ng_tetet
7th May 2009, 15:53
my roommate who has those circle stuffs on his backpocket told me for not putting anything..... might wanna agree with him.

PandaXS
9th May 2009, 05:57
i think the circle tin that you get with the labs or just dip looks nice if you dont let it get too too faded. also i vote yes on cell phone fade mostly because i must keep my cellphone in that pocket

adam
9th May 2009, 14:44
I'm a fan of cell fades, i wouldn't 'engineer' one

me
14th May 2009, 03:13
i have a cell fade on my olas and i don't think it looks bad, but on my glenns i am trying to keep everything out except my wallet. it is hard because i have been leaving my phone places. it wasnt bad in the winter because i always had a coat or jacket, but the summer is going to suck !!

devhead
30th May 2009, 00:57
I have a pair of gtddo's that have a pretty visible cell phone fade in the pocket that I constantly wear my cell phone in. I have an iPhone 3G with the rounded edges that helps in not making it too contrasty, and I'm pretty happy with it... However, I just picked up a pair of tfodee's that I am severely dedicated to keeping "cell phone fade" free... just to mix it up, I suppose. The question becomes, on a hot, t-shirt-and-jeans kind of day, where does one put his cell phone?

jomes
1st June 2009, 19:19
You could always resort to one of those phone holders that clip onto your belt, not quite sure if you can pull it off with iphones though.

And to answer the thread, am I a fan of cell phone fades? Preferably not but I sport one either way even if I do have one of the most effective cell-phone-faders, the notorious N95.

JCI
5th October 2009, 03:20
i dont like cell phone fades, but its just fine unless you see those jeans where its all dark and they got a huge ass rectangle fade.

one thing that i found out, is that if u got a slim phone like a krzr u can put it in the nudie coin pocket. i dont do it often, but its actually not uncomfortable

DanLeNguyen
14th October 2009, 01:21
at first i wasnt a big fan..but i have been converted.
its the 21st century man. get with the technological age. cell phones are a part of everyday life. i have an iphone so its baller as shit..its not a phone fade, but an i phone fade :)

JCI
15th November 2009, 23:19
at first i wasnt a big fan..but i have been converted.
its the 21st century man. get with the technological age. cell phones are a part of everyday life. i have an iphone so its baller as shit..its not a phone fade, but an i phone fade :)

agreed. its a part of everyones life. my friends broken twill jims got a crazy iphone fade like immediately that looks really good.

i just have a problem with kids who have barely any wear on their jeans and then a huge freaking white box fade from placing their phones in the precise same spot all the time

watermelon91
16th November 2009, 22:35
totally love it

Chipperoon
17th November 2009, 04:30
yeah!!! i think it is sick

Ayden
9th January 2012, 18:49
Love the cell phone fades.

swiss-jeansfreak
10th January 2012, 23:26
I don't care if there is a cell phone fade or not. But if someone is used to wear the cell phone in a front pocket, then it's just a part of the denim wearers life and more then okay. Such kind of a denim evolution is a result of modern technology

Carl Weathers
11th January 2012, 00:08
As mentioned it's part of every day life, so not worth worrying about.

:>

shiuym
11th January 2012, 00:13
I don't like it, because I don't like to put my cell phone close to "there"... stay away from the radiation!!! haha

Kamikaz
11th January 2012, 11:03
I like it better when pockets are unharmed, and would personally not destroy denim on purpose.

However if peoples find it more convenient to wear phone and wallet in pockets that's their lifestyle and I'd not judge them for that.

ahhao
11th January 2012, 15:54
don't really like it . looks shabby .

501lover
11th January 2012, 16:49
No. Have not seen a cell phone fade yet that looks good.

swiss-jeansfreak
14th January 2012, 03:09
Just saw a young man with huge cell phone fade yesterday on a heavy used and worn out old styled Nudie Regular Ralf jeans.
He was in a hurry. Otherwise I would have stopped him for getting a picture.
But this fading was looking great to me on this heaviest worn out pants with a lot of other super great and strongest fadings and patina on them

nola
14th January 2012, 06:32
I don't necessarily like the cell phone fade, but I carry my phone in my back right pocket, so I've got it on most of my jeans, anyway.

cofo
11th February 2012, 20:19
I don't mind it, it's just gonna suck when I get a new phone that's not the same size. :-?