PDA

View Full Version : back pockets not sewed on well?

spacemanvt
17th February 2008, 03:00
I was looking at my new pair of Thin Finns, and was noticed the back pockets stitching compared to my RRDS and APC NS. the part that I am talking about is the upper left and right of each pocket. where the little nudie \ (or /) orange slash mark is found.

They seem to be stitched on looser than my other jeans and have more "give". its hard to descibe.

is this normal? could it be the lighter weight denim.etc?? am i crazy?

the reason i ask is in my older (crappier) jeans, I would always end up with rips in the jeans in the inside part of the back pocket areas. so i dont want that to happen with my tfs.

thx.

ps: i can take pics if needed.

Nigel69
17th February 2008, 03:37
please pics, thank you

reGuar
17th February 2008, 14:02
this thread sucks without pics!

Creabea
18th February 2008, 19:09
It sounds quite normal to me!

loste
19th February 2008, 02:48
Nudie have lots of faults in their jeans often.
Bad stiching is found on many Nudie jeans. Dont worry much about it unless things are falling apart ofcourse

k3nji
19th February 2008, 03:34
Nudie have lots of faults in their jeans often.
Bad stiching is found on many Nudie jeans. Dont worry much about it unless things are falling apart ofcourse

If they are badly made, why do people worship and pay hefty prices for these wear n rip jeans? Their quality control is just under par.

space:upload some pics

loste
19th February 2008, 04:22
peple can make mistakes at the sewing machine, but you are right. Poor quality control.
I guess if they have big flaws they can be returned to get a new pair that are sewed properly.

superslim_zac
19th February 2008, 04:41
I wouldn't be so critical of their quality control. In the 4 pairs I have there are no problems, and reading around lately the biggest problems I've heard of is a rivet going missing or a button breaking - not exactly ground breaking stuff, or worthy of heavy criticism.

Post pics. Not much we can say without them.

By the way, people often criticise Nudie and blame them for crotch rips, but I can honestly say that most of the reason the crotch rips in denim is how it's worn - low. No-one ever got a crotch rip if they weren't stressing their jeans. It would happen in alot of denims.

k3nji
19th February 2008, 04:56
I'm not blaming Nudie for people's crotch rips, but if they are not sewn and stitched properly in the first place, in a matter of time...the jeans will eventually fall apart even if they were worn high up the ass. I guess people who pay higher prices would like to receive higher quality denim...thats just my point.

superslim_zac
19th February 2008, 05:20
Whose jeans are we talking about that have fallen apart? I haven't seen any lately.

And I was referring to other members who have talked about crotch rips, not you specifically.

I think it's pretty well known that with a brand like Nudie your paying for the brand first and foremost, then the fits (which are incredible fits compared to some other brands) and thirdly the denim.

iwannudies
19th February 2008, 11:53
I think it's pretty well known that with a brand like Nudie your paying for the brand first and foremost, then the fits (which are incredible fits compared to some other brands) and thirdly the denim.

I'm definitely paying for the fit.

spacemanvt
19th February 2008, 18:14
i will try to post pics tonite or tommorow.

Benzak
19th February 2008, 18:57

I agree on that, and the denim isn't bad either.

Though there are occuring many (little) flaws. It doesn't really matter because your jeans wouldn't fall apart, but I like eye for detail.

For example: I found out that one of my Slim Jims' inseam is stitched on the wrong side at the bottom. Therefore the overlock seam on the inside has to flip over at one point (I manually put it little below the knee). The problem is that after about a year, when the inside overlock becomes visible on the outside due to wear, the wear goes at point to the other side of the seam. Of course not major problem, but still a bit sloppy. I could unfold the hem, put the overlock part right and chainstitch the hem again, but I want the right colour yarn (which I don't have, maybe Nudie can give me some?)

My point: great fits, good fabrics, but a little sloppy on the detailing (or QC)

btw, I also remembered a spelling mistake in the text on the pocketing..

aprilguy
19th February 2008, 19:21

For me it's reason number one to buy nudies. Great denim but a dull fit? I wouldn't spend a penny on that.

superslim_zac
20th February 2008, 00:57
For example: I found out that one of my Slim Jims' inseam is stitched on the wrong side at the bottom. Therefore the overlock seam on the inside has to flip over at one point (I manually put it little below the knee)

This is on all slim jims. Guess it's a design thing. mine flips about an inch above the hem.

whats the spelling mistake?

Benzak
20th February 2008, 01:42
This is on all slim jims. Guess it's a design thing. mine flips about an inch above the hem.

whats the spelling mistake?

no its not, it a production mistake for sure

have to get back on that spelling mistake later, can't remember, will look for it. think I saw it in a post here on mynudies a while ago

superslim_zac
20th February 2008, 01:55
well it's on all slim jims, so I'd say design flaw.

Benzak
20th February 2008, 02:31
just checked my other slim jims, they are sewn properly.

i'm 100% sure that this is not a design flaw, just because why would you design it like that? it's just sloppyness from the sewers and/or QC. maybe it happened too often that they just left it this way, or they haven't even notice it. but it cannot be the design, it wouldn't be designed like that. also, i really doubt they actually design at nudie like make the pants at their hq and then let it duplicate in Italy. they probably make the patterns at their hq, and give some stitching advise like bartack placement. inseam stitching can also be mentioned that it has to be safety-lock stitch, but the way the inseam falls into the hem wrongly is just a production flaw

spacemanvt
28th February 2008, 07:46
this is about the best i could get:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/spacemanvt/t2f.jpg

basically the part where the pocket is sown into, on the right, is not as well done as other back pockets that i have like the NS and RRDS like I said. I can see some thread being heavily pulled on when i open it up like that.

anyone else ever noticed this?
anyones TF pockets ripped?

spacemanvt
29th February 2008, 20:46
any thoughts?

Benzak
29th February 2008, 22:53
looks a bit sloppy. but I wouldn't worry that much, or you can easily fix it yourself by putting some extra stitches on (by hand or machine)

superslim_zac
1st March 2008, 04:08
I honestly can't see what your showing in the picture it all looks fine :confused:

iwannudies
1st March 2008, 13:32
I honestly can't see what your showing in the picture it all looks fine :confused:
Same here... Don't see anything wrong.

spacemanvt
1st March 2008, 19:37

thats what i thought everyone would say. just compared to my other (higher end) jeans, they look sorta crappy

ah well.

Arizor
1st March 2008, 19:46
I don't see anything wrong but I honestly don't quite know what I'm looking at.

Snorlax02
4th May 2008, 05:42
lol somewhat late but meh~ I think it does look a bit sloppy~ my ones look alot neater than that~

And i buy brand, fit, denim.~ I dont feel like trusting other denims when i walk into a store~ Lee has kinda made me lose interest because of their denim quality and i just like the way nudies look~ the back pocket design i really likee as well as the contrast stitching. plus the fits have awesome names~

Thin finns forever~ <3 ...until im old and im not allowed to wear them anymore...nowun wants to c a granpa with skinny jeans..