PDA

View Full Version : Pre-sewing Crotch Rip?!?!

Gsko
31st January 2008, 15:30
hey guys I have a little odd question about "pre-repairing" my crotch on my TFDS.

lately I've seem to found out the denim on the crotch of my Thin Finn is getting really soft, stretched out and ready to blowout basically. So my question; should I get this sewn right away before it actually happens??

heres a pic:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/Gsko/DSCN3667.jpg

reply!

superslim_zac
31st January 2008, 15:45
I vote yes.

Repairs look funny in that region, and the personalization excuse people pull about letting them rip before repairing is crap. Keep them looking nice. Repair it now.

acekieffer
31st January 2008, 18:28
maybe put some iron-on patches on the inside?

Gsko
31st January 2008, 20:54
iron-on patches??

acekieffer
31st January 2008, 21:37
yeah. maybe you dont have them there.
but its just like a regular patch but instead of sewing it on, you iron it on.
basically it would just give you some extra material on the inside and hopefully prevent from ripping.

Gsko
31st January 2008, 22:49
hmm I don't know.. seems like to much of hastle.. I think just my moms sewing will do enough, yours is still alive and kicking is it? :o

superslim_zac
1st February 2008, 02:03
If your mum is going to sew it she'll have to put a patch on anyway.

bilmagio
1st February 2008, 02:53
Go to Michaels or some arts and crafts store to get a denim iron on patch. It's really fast and easy... probably will take you 1 minute. Then reinforce it with a bunch of stitching, and you'll be good forever.

acekieffer
1st February 2008, 04:37
mine ripped back open after about a week or so.
i wasnt expecting it to last.
i got some of the iron on patches but dont have an iron ha.

offyatree
1st February 2008, 04:47
you could sew it with navy thread or use a patch and sew it from inside. fixing crotch blows are easy, especially the little ones. yes, do it before it actually rips, good luck gsko! :)

Gsko
1st February 2008, 09:19
ok ok you guys, thanks a lot for the replies :)

I'll have to see if my mom is gonna be able to do it sometime today as she's leaving for Bosnia for a week again tomorrow and I think I probably will not wear them in the meantime otherwise as I'm scared they'll rip somewhere in public. that would definitely suck.

BeauIXI
1st February 2008, 11:08
Don't you hate when your mom says she'll sew something for you and she never ever does until you come downstairs in boxers with your jeans in hand and demand that she do it that very instant?

Gad.

superslim_zac
1st February 2008, 15:54
I remember when my jims ripped the only other pants I had with me were my school pants. Haha.

I paid someone to fix them tho. Couldn't be bothered doing it myself/waiting for it to be done. It only cost like $10 or something.

Gsko
1st February 2008, 17:07
yeah no worries, my mom does a fine job sewing. just probably will have to wait till next week as she's too busy packing for vacation atm. probably just gonna be wearing my Masa in the meantime

acekieffer
1st February 2008, 17:12
mine completely blew out while i was out of town in toronto haha.
so i walked around for a couple days with a huge hole. no one said anything.

Gsko
13th February 2008, 23:10
yup, I was too late.. didn't get it fixed before it ripped apart 2 days ago.

crotch totally blew out big time.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/Gsko/DSCN3705.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/Gsko/DSCN3707.jpg

I have to say I'm pretty damn satisfied by the sewing, friend of my moms did it.

superslim_zac
13th February 2008, 23:18
Bright blue stitching?

Gsko
13th February 2008, 23:19
Bright blue stitching?

uhu.. don't like it I guess?

superslim_zac
13th February 2008, 23:25
In the pictures it seems to stand out alot? Thats all. looks like a good repair. I'm sure once you've washed the jeans a few times they'll match the blue better.

Gsko
14th February 2008, 09:17
In the pictures it seems to stand out alot? Thats all. looks like a good repair. I'm sure once you've washed the jeans a few times they'll match the blue better.

ur exactly right.

xudinet
24th February 2008, 12:31
Let it be!