PDA

View Full Version : Jean Cut/style most popular today?

imdave
10th January 2008, 19:46
alright i was wondering what style of nudies do you think are the most fashionable or stylish today? I think a few years ago it was definately the bootcut style like the Ralfs, I know the Diesel Zathans are very popular around here in the USA which is a similar cut to the Ralfs. But lately i seem to notice that the tapered skinny leg styles becomming more popular around the twenty something crowd. Thus the Thin Finn is getting pretty popular now. I myself really like the fit of the Slim Jims, since I cant really get into the tapered skinny leg look of the finns yet. However, I am tempted to try out a pair of Grim Tims.

offyatree
10th January 2008, 19:56
the fashion that's in right now i guess it's EMO style. i can see a lotttttttt of people wearing that "urban outfitters" employee look. (super tight jeans+tight vintage shirt + big squared pattern shirt mostly like truck drivers shirts + leather jacket or tight hoodie + saddam husein's scarf ( you know what i am talking about) + old skool shoes. so in all, people nowadays like to wear everything tight, sometimes i even see "fat" or fat guys or gals wear tight clothing which do not suit them at all. so yeah, the jeans style that is IN right now is skinny typo.

i hope nobody's getting offended or pissed, again, by me saying all the things on top. people are tooooo sensitive i find in this forum, sometimes. it's just the internet come on! :)

btw, grim tims are great, just remember to size down, coz their thighs are gonna stretch a lot. mine's so comfy right now. been wearing for 3 months-ish.

Tiro
10th January 2008, 21:08
I think you guys are kinda late with this, slim tapered fits are fashionable for quite some time now and apparently, in 2008 jeans would get a little more comfy again...

anyhow, I don't give a rats ass, I'll rock regular-loose fits as long as I'm able to dress myself...

Conifurious
10th January 2008, 21:21
I'm a stubbornly dogged bootcut wearer. I have never found a pair of tapered legs that I felt good in and therefore, I don't wear them. Simple.

I am interested to see if the APC NS changes my feelings.

Howie
10th January 2008, 21:35
Around here everyone wears baggy jeans way below their ass. Looks horrible IMO.
Slim/Skinny jeans FTW!

BlueOctoberFan
10th January 2008, 22:09
I've seen things get just a tad slimmer, but still relaxed cuts. I think I've seen two people wearing really tight jeans, which look aweful. Baggy to the point of falling off looks like crap as well.

As per usual on this topic, I'm with Tiro.

cameland
11th January 2008, 02:30
I know in AUS the thin finn sells the most.

JonB27
11th January 2008, 02:45
Slim tapered are definetly very popular, I myself prefer cuts such as the RR's.

BeauIXI
11th January 2008, 03:02
I like classic cuts like the RR, too.

And I've always hated the way I look in tapered jeans.

However, I did try on some Grim Tims, and.. Well, I don't know, I, uh, kinda' liked 'em.

superslim_zac
11th January 2008, 03:24
I'd say out of Nudies the skinny fits (TF, HK etc) are gaining popularity.

Among other brands the slightly tapered straight leg (SJ style) is as popular as ever for 25yr olds.

All the fits will always be popular in a sense - just depends who you look at. How can there be any one most-popular fit.

I'll add that I haven't worn 'baggy' jeans since way back

RxHernandez
11th January 2008, 03:47
I am interested to see if the APC NS changes my feelings.

trust me it will.
140 for stiff selveg jean?
come on now whats better than that

imdave
11th January 2008, 04:30
yea the thinner fits around here seem to be popular among the younger kids...low twenties. Its harder to pull it off as you get older. The skinny jean trend is kind of what brought me to this nudie site actually.

craiggg
11th January 2008, 12:24
being a skinny guy, theres no way i'm going to be wearing baggy jeans whatever come into fashion or seems popular.

what jeans are popular/stylish today...

the ones that FIT... and being a skinny guy, baggy bootcut jeans don't fit me.

Matthias1977
11th January 2008, 12:48
My theory is that there will be no certain style prevailing over other styles.

It's like the music: to be number 1 you don't have to have as many listeners as you had to have some ten years ago. Things get more diverse, more individual. So there will be bootcut and tapered jeans side by side in the future, I suppose.

At least this is my humble theory. ;)

blasdro
19th January 2008, 09:47
I tried out dukes for awhile but really felt it wasn't me. Now im messing with the 5000 cut which I really like and am way more comfortable with. Whats that considered? A Regular cut?

BlueOctoberFan
19th January 2008, 15:26
This is actually in the Samurai thread, regarding the 5000 cut, but in short it's similar to a 1966 repro.

aprilguy
19th January 2008, 16:11
For the real skinny jeans, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36e9kZcRWGI

It doesn't get any skinnier I guess...

RxHernandez
19th January 2008, 16:20
haha what the hell
that shits crazy

aprilguy
19th January 2008, 16:42
haha what the hell
that shits crazy

This really is how people dress in Paris! Well, a certain age category does.
I thought "le slim", as they call it, was going out fashion, but this video proves me wrong.

Satyr
22nd January 2008, 15:56
Techtronic ^^

RxHernandez
22nd January 2008, 16:14
This really is how people dress in Paris! Well, a certain age category does.
I thought "le slim", as they call it, was going out fashion, but this video proves me wrong.

no no don't get me wrong love that style,
but just kids in skinny jeans dancing around is just silly

superslim_zac
22nd January 2008, 17:41
I think my finns are about that tight. It's only weird at first. Once you go skinny jeans it's hard to go back. Why carry around all that extra denim on your legs!

Atzec
22nd January 2008, 17:46
Why carry around all that extra denim on your legs!
cause we got to cover our fat asses! :-?

Gregory
22nd January 2008, 17:48

I think I'm addicted to this video/song...god help me

superslim_zac
22nd January 2008, 17:52
Haha yeah fair enough. Some say I don't have an ass, I'm pretty sure I do, just not much of one - guess thats kinda lucky.

But it's evened out because I pretty much have small man tits, which is a little weird given I'm pretty skinny. I've been trying to work them off tho with upper body work outs...

aprilguy
23rd January 2008, 00:46
I think my finns are about that tight.

Are they? Here, I never see finns that tight.
It didn't work for me anyway, I thought I had the wrong body type for skinny jeans when I tried TF and SSK. Too tight in the crotch area. It took other brands to get me convinced..

But then I haven't found the TLJ here in Amsterdam yet.

SoulRebel
23rd January 2008, 02:34
girls section Man at Work

WolfLikeMe
23rd January 2008, 04:13

lol that's not far from what my finns look like.

aprilguy
23rd January 2008, 12:16
girls section Man at Work

Thanks
And that's what I mean. That's why you don't see them on the streets.
Oh well, I've been complaining about this before. Amsterdam seems to have become such a backwater.

superslim_zac
23rd January 2008, 13:57
http://a60.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/l_fc52d66fa171875edd9a4c8e2ce22c43.jpg

Thats me in my TFDBC far left

Jakob
23rd January 2008, 16:23
Think the Even Steen kind of fits is going to replace the drainpipes

aprilguy
23rd January 2008, 22:38
@ superslim_zac: I think in that video they wear them tighter still. I saw your finn pics in the photo section, and you can still put a wallet in your back pocket. Those blokes certainly can't - it's probably why one of them has a kind of man bag strapped on ;-)

Btw I like your shoes a lot!!

superslim_zac
24th January 2008, 02:21
I'd say thats probably more to do with the make up of the denim and size of the pockets.

The shoes are a brand called Vein, they are patent black leather. Really cool shoes, shiny as a mirror!

soompi
8th February 2008, 19:23

Lol french guys have stolen this from korean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Axp8gcwC40

:mrgreen:

toni2
8th February 2008, 20:39
does even steven fits almost same with grim tim fits?

BlueOctoberFan
8th February 2008, 21:59
I believe they're similar, but the ES has a more generous leg. The Grim Tim is a bit more of a carrot fit.

BeauIXI
8th February 2008, 22:29

Holy crap. Thank you.

Nudieist
9th February 2008, 08:01
The skinny jeans look was already extremely popular in the 80s (and before that in the early to mid 60s when jeans couldn't be tight enough), especially in the Hard Rock/Heavy Metal scene. In the late 90s we couldn't believe how we looked like back then with those awful looking way too tight jeans and now it's popular again. It all comes in circles. Personally I had never thought that the 1980's become popular again fashionwise because it was such a tasteless era, but obviously I was wrong. In the 80s people thought the same about the 1970's with their bell bottom jeans and large collar shirts and stuff. It became popular again in the late 90s/early 00's. It all comes and goes.

In 10 years people will ROFL when they see how they looked like in their tight jeans "back in 2008" :lol:

aprilguy
9th February 2008, 17:13

Brilliant.
The hours they must have spent on getting those moves synchronized...
Well, I prefer the French version.;-)

Acetate
9th February 2008, 17:45

Damn this video has spread worldwide. Well I have to claim this does not stand for common french people. And those Pumps from the Voltron pack! I've never seen so ugly sneakers it hurts my soul.

The korean vid is funny though.

Personally I had never thought that the 1980's become popular again fashionwise because it was such a tasteless era, but obviously I was wrong.

Hahaha I second that a thousand of times. :mrgreen:

BlueOctoberFan
9th February 2008, 17:55
In 10 years people will ROFL when they see how they looked like in their tight jeans "back in 2008" :lol:

You're definitely correct with everything moving in cycles. I'd like to add the whole "oversized scarf" thing onto the list of what people are doing that they'll look back on in 10 years and think, "What the hell was I thinking!" (with the exception of people in phenominally cold climates, for whom it's a necessity)

ninjapie
10th February 2008, 13:39
Tecktonik is supergay approved.

aprilguy
10th February 2008, 18:47
Tecktonik is supergay approved.

I think something beautiful might be blooming here. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6783/canom2.gif

Two posts like this on one day... Turn off your gaydar for a moment, ninjapie.

locky88
20th February 2008, 09:05
i agree with some other people in this forum, if your skinny wear the jeans that fit. I'm well skinny and therefore rock the skinniest i can find, tlj pretty much does it for me. very tight but not emo around the crotch.

cant wait for my dry black coated tljs!!

soompi
21st February 2008, 21:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsWXbfL9mfM

hope french guys get a version of this:mrgreen: