PDA

View Full Version : What's your current denim rotation?

spacemanvt
3rd December 2007, 07:27
My current rotation involves only:
Average Joe Dry Heavy - I am still wearing them nonstop as they are taking forever to get any noticeable fades
I wear the Uniqlo S-001 greys depending on my outfit

I need to figure out how to rotate in the new RRDS and APC NS i have sitting in the closet.
and I ordered some SJDBC, will wear those occasionally depending on the outfit. Since they dont fade much , i dont have to worry about rocking them all the time.

What about you guys, what do you have and how do you rotate it?

hero_
3rd December 2007, 08:19
Thats quite a rotation, I must say I'm jealous :-)

Right now all I have, and the only thing I wear, are my SJDG which will be a month old on the 6th. Its my first pair of Raw Denim and I'm loving it so I'm tempted to buy some more right now but I figured I'll wait until these are closer to done.

xander
3rd December 2007, 08:36
Lvc47501,SJDB and ESDO.RRDS is still in the box .
hero_,I think you are right to wait untill the current project is done you will get the better result .:mrgreen:

offyatree
3rd December 2007, 08:58
last week i have been wearing my grim tims dry dirt organics, so next week will be my average joe dry heavy. i rotate my nudies on a weekly basis. so in a month i usually wear 3-5 pairs of jeans on a weekly basis. oh yeah, not to forget, i wear my dry shrink to fit 501 as well. they are awesome jeans too.

lilldavid
3rd December 2007, 09:16
This last month it's been Warehouse 660 Sufu ed. & Denim Demon Sarves. I've only worn Sarves twice though...

billiamphan
3rd December 2007, 09:22
right now the only pair i've been wearing are my sjc, but as soon as I get my sufu660 back from the tailor, they'll be in the rotation too.

BeauIXI
3rd December 2007, 10:18
Let's see...

RRDS Monday, Wednesday, Friday, for school, and then just in case I decide to go out that night.

RRDS Tuesday, Thursday, for studying in, I need something comfy.

And on the weekends, I like to dress up fancy and wear my RRDS.

benjy
3rd December 2007, 11:25
Wow, im lucky to wear the nudies twice a week.

deviousfool
3rd December 2007, 11:33
TFUIC and TFDS.. but mostly TFDS :-P

Tiro
3rd December 2007, 11:57
RRDG for work
other then that, one of my dj-501xx

ind3p3nd3nt
3rd December 2007, 12:06
SSDS daily unless my shoes require the wider leg of my 5EP LDB

Atzec
3rd December 2007, 12:34
5 days/week: sjaod
2 days/week: ajdbs
sometimes i change in the afternoon- depends on what im doing...

Spiraltoy
3rd December 2007, 12:42
SJDG: 5 days a week and split between Levi's 501xx '37 (i wear these as sweat pants), Edwin Ed-47, APC New cure and Wrangler Spencer.
At least i'm dedicated with one pair...i've got way to many pairs of dry denim.:oops:

iwannudies
3rd December 2007, 15:40
Don't know why but I'm sticking to my AJHD whenever I wear jeans. SJDG, SJDBC & AJDBS are still waiting to be broken in.

spacemanvt
3rd December 2007, 16:21
bilmaga i expect full disclosure

SteveLeviathan
3rd December 2007, 17:29
I have a lot of jeans and i try to wear them all depending on the outfit of course.

Regular Ralf Dry Greycast: 4-5 days a week, then laid to rest the other week to freshen up, especially when i've been wearing them while going to some club or bar and it smells like cigarettesmoke afterwards.

Regular Ralf Dry Selvage: same as above.

BlueOctoberFan
3rd December 2007, 18:29
At this point, I rotate based on temperature.

<55 or 60 degrees = Samurai S0110XJ
60 - 80 degrees = ALD Royal Selvage
80+ degrees = ALD Novelty 11oz.

So, now it's almost exclusively the Samurai unless I just choose to change it up a bit, but I'll be going on a Carribean cruise, so the Novelty's will be coming along for that.

zatoichi
3rd December 2007, 18:32
3 times a week my ALD frontier
4 times a week my RRDS.
Sometimes it depends though because when I wear a slim-fit shirt the ALD look abit weird.
When I go out I sometimes wear a pair of Diesels or PRPS but they aren't raw...

WoolyRHCP
3rd December 2007, 18:41
I rotate between my 5 nudies, 2 of them are still dry, 1 is washed, and i have 2 pre washes. Nudies i have are:
Even steven original selvage --- pre wash
Thin finn dry stretch --- dry 1 week
Regular ralf dry greycast --- washed 3 times after 9 months,
Slim jim black black --- washed
Slim jim dry greycast -- dry, with `1 dry clean after 6 months

I wear my slim jim and thin fnn the most now, the're still dry, and i wear the other 3 nudies when i feel like wearing them, and when it fits the outfit.

bolor
3rd December 2007, 18:47
2 days for AJDO (Dark Oldie)
2 days for SJDJ
1 for SJ - prewashed
1 for ESOD
1 for Skull 501XX

Mr HaGa
3rd December 2007, 20:01
My first post on this forum... I have been wearing my first pair of dry denim, Masa, non stop for about 3 months now. I got them in June, but the summer here was way too hot to wear them, lots of 90 and 100 degree days, and very humid, heavy air... Just wore my prewashed ESOS and a pair of prewashed RR through the summer. I want to get a pair of dry denim I can wear through next summer, maybe some RRDS or Atelier La Durance... But I need to wear my Masa's some more because they seem pretty hard to fade... not that I have anything to compare them to though...

BlueOctoberFan
3rd December 2007, 20:21
If you're looking for something to wear for 90+ degrees, I'd say the ALD 11oz Novelty is a good call. I have a pair, and wore them quite a bit while it was hotter. Also, the Frontier BB and Prescott Sterling are 12.5oz, and I think would still be servicable.

TiaKo
3rd December 2007, 20:31
I'm trying to rotate between 4 nudies but i can't seem to get around wearing every single one of them. I just wear the jeans i want to at a certain moment, not considering the amount of wear one has as opposed to another. Therefor i am mostly wearing my TFUIC at the moment, after that comes my Masa, then my TFDS and i have a SJDG laying around aswell..but i haven't been wearing those for while. The TFUIC is my current favourite..

JAY-T
3rd December 2007, 20:33
Wearing my RRDS almost two months now, for at least 5 days a week.. The other days i'm wearing my two year old RRDG, my RR Authentic Deluxe (a selvage which is pretty much a pre-washed version of a RRDS) or one of my others, not so important pre-washed Nudies..

And by the time my RRDS hase broken in, there's allready a brand new SSDS waiting very patiently in it's box :-)

Kai In Kyoto
3rd December 2007, 21:11
please nobody flame me for this

x3 true religion XD
x2 evisu heritage
x2 Nudies
x1 red monkey company
x1 paul smith red ear
x1 samurai
x1 Dolce & Gabbana

+ a bit out of topic but r Cheap Monday good for hot weather

jamoo
3rd December 2007, 21:33
I work in an office, so it's dress pants most of the time. However, SSDS 90% of the time I'm in jeans - after work, weekends, etc. The Svens are 10 months old now. I also have a pair of Levis Capital E Skinner rigid that are a bit easier to dress up for going out with the wife.

Electric
3rd December 2007, 22:17
I wear my RRDG 24/7 and will rotate in 130 more days :-)

Alexandre_Pato
3rd December 2007, 22:29
rotating between my pace p-006 and my blue blood dry... :D

BlueOctoberFan
3rd December 2007, 23:03
How are those coming? I don't think that I've seen a pair of either brand with any actual wear on them.

Alexandre_Pato
3rd December 2007, 23:09
blue blood is coming really nice.. i haven't washed them yet.. but really nice fades... pace is just 1 month old so.. haha not actual wear is visible

xander
4th December 2007, 03:29
Let's see...

RRDS Monday, Wednesday, Friday, for school, and then just in case I decide to go out that night.

RRDS Tuesday, Thursday, for studying in, I need something comfy.

And on the weekends, I like to dress up fancy and wear my RRDS.

That means you have 3 RRDS,right?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

DoitsuJin
4th December 2007, 03:37
i'm about to hit 5 months on my sjdb. i'm surprised with my patience with these, cause they show absolutely no signs of fading

Drewbee
4th December 2007, 03:52
i'm about to hit 5 months on my sjdb. i'm surprised with my patience with these, cause they show absolutely no signs of fading

Just keep going man!

DoitsuJin
4th December 2007, 03:58
thats the plan, sir ;)

at the start i was thinking of washing during christmas break (since i'll be at home for over a month) but i may extend it to my birthday break

all this patience with my PBJ-xx004 waiting in the closet! damn!

reGuar
4th December 2007, 11:32
Nudie slim jim dry japan
Edwin Nashville red selvage
Cheap monday lattjo lajban japan dry, red selvage.

mattback
5th December 2007, 08:01
gap morrison
levi's capital e stacked skinny
various ruehl prewashed jeans

bilmagio
5th December 2007, 08:33
SDA-103
Slim Jim Dry
Slim Jim Dry Greycast
Levi's 501 STF (Selvedge)

Legoland
5th December 2007, 10:41
Samurai S0500xx almost exclusivly. sometimes Okinawas or SC45's when I can't wear shoes for a long time. don't like to keep sams cuffed.

Drewbee
5th December 2007, 20:53
Imperial Dukes
Slim Jim Dry Aged Organic
Thin Finn Dry Stretch

fairylicks
24th August 2010, 11:51
I copy Rafaels rotation plan :-)

monday-thursday: fh1005
friday-sunday: ajds

I want some wear in both of this pairs till the end of the year. fh´s are now at 70 days and the joes at 28. I am interested how your rotations look like.

lemmy
24th August 2010, 11:59
denime 66xx
denime tokyo edition
skulls 5010xx every now and then

beautiful_FrEaK
24th August 2010, 12:01
What happened to your LEEs? Dropped them out of rotation?

For me it's S0510XX66-2 and Warehouse 800 in no special order. Denime 66XX every now and then

lemmy
24th August 2010, 12:05
What happened to your LEEs? Dropped them out of rotation?

For me it's S0510XX66-2 and Warehouse 800 in no special order. Denime 66XX every now and then

are you asking to me?

beautiful_FrEaK
24th August 2010, 12:07
erm no...I'm just a too slow at typing. My question was for fairylicks.

What LEE do you have?!

lemmy
24th August 2010, 12:09
I don't have any Lee indeed. (unfortunately)

fairylicks
24th August 2010, 12:10
I am glad that nothing unusal happened to my lees :-) I have heard that rmc doesn´t continue the Taxi Driver Edition. And since I am a fan of the movie , I wanted to be sure that I have one sitting in my closet.

beautiful_FrEaK
24th August 2010, 12:16
so will you keep them raw/unworn forever or gonna break them in in the near future?

@lemmy: do you have already plans for another contest/world tour or are you "free" after the Denime contest?
Then you might have the time for a new pair, don't you think?

lemmy
24th August 2010, 12:25
haha we'll see in a year!
I'm enjoying these 66xx right now and I don't really need more denim.

M!ch
24th August 2010, 13:10
SDA D1334
Samurai S5000VX
Fullcount 105C
in no particular order, and more occasionally
S5000BK, LVC 1944 and ALD Frontier pants

mikecch
24th August 2010, 13:24
Nice rotation M!ch.

I'm mostly in Roy's at the moment...

fairylicks
24th August 2010, 15:38
@ Tilmann: I decided to break in my denim pairs, regarding the buying date. Means, I am going to break in the older ones first...

Mr HaGa
24th August 2010, 18:35
Denime Kyoto
White Sorahikos
Linnen pants
Shorts

Only wearing raw denim to work anymore, and then even only on some days. I've really been enjoying my white sorahikos this summer. I need to pump myself up for the Eternal contest... I think I'll retire after that one.

Max Power
24th August 2010, 18:41
Denime Kyoto
White Sorahikos
Linnen pants
Shorts

Only wearing raw denim to work anymore, and then even only on some days. I've really been enjoying my white sorahikos this summer. I need to pump myself up for the Eternal contest... I think I'll retire after that one.

Why did you change your mind? I always liked your outfits in the OOE Tour...

beautiful_FrEaK
24th August 2010, 18:50
That's really sad to hear but it's the same with Opeth and a lot of other guys...
So enjoy your (maybe) last contest / breaking in of raw denim!

Mr HaGa
24th August 2010, 19:08
I just meant I won't be doing anymore contests or wearing raw denim every single day of my life and taking and posting pics and wavering over whether or not to wash and stuff.

I'll still wear them, probably still buy a pair here or there, but not more than I can wear, and continue to rotate in some not indigo denim pants.

By the way, is anyone else still planning to join that 811 contest?

offyatree
24th August 2010, 19:17
momotaro 0201
LVC 501xx 1966
WH 660

ThinFinn
24th August 2010, 19:34
nice rotations going on guys...

here's mine for the rest of the year:

Samurai S0500XX
Warehouse x SUFU 660
LVC 1944 every now and then!

M!ch
24th August 2010, 20:24
I envy you guys who can keep their stock rotation to 2 pairs only, i never managed this because i need the variety of different cuts/materials to not get bored with my outfits.:roll:

By the way, is anyone else still planning to join that 811 contest?
I for myself am not planning to do any contests anymore... i do think the contest concept is overplayed a tiny little bit... no offence to those who still like it!

Atzec
24th August 2010, 20:28
my rotation:

DENIME66xx in the morning
DENIME66xx in the evening
DENIME66xx on the weekends
DENIME66xx whenever i can

white levi´s 501´s when I work
SDA INDY on washing and drying days.

Max Power
24th August 2010, 21:15
my rotation:

DENIME66xx in the morning
DENIME66xx in the evening
DENIME66xx on the weekends
DENIME66xx whenever i can

white levi´s 501´s when I work
SDA INDY on washing and drying days.

It all changes when you can't wear blue jeans because of the job, right? Then you're glad to be able to wear them at least two hours a day :-P So sad...

@ haga: I asked, because I simply can't imagine any better options than raw denim for leisure. Going back to pre-washes or other pants is so pointless (ok, I'm exaggerating), but once you know the pleasures of a nice pair of denim, I think you develop a passion for a lifetime. Maybe naive, but I think so.

Greeneye
24th August 2010, 21:27
Slim jim dry black for work

Nudie Even steven for most of the time..

For Occasions/moods

Nudie masa
ED-35 Green selvage
RRl slim boot
ALD Prescott sterling
Thinn finn Black coated..

freddy3980
24th August 2010, 21:33
APC New Standard
Nudie Average Joe Dry Selvage
OOE Yofukuten 3502XX
Samurai S0500XX
Nudie Masa

Should be enough for a while.... :-)
However, I will stop buying new stuff as my girlfriend and bank account are upset and I still have to break all those babies in... ;-)

beautiful_FrEaK
24th August 2010, 22:11
when did you get the OOE? Have you posted pics of them?

freddy3980
24th August 2010, 23:36
when did you get the OOE? Have you posted pics of them?

Hi!
Did get them yesterday to be honest 8-)
Ordered them as I was deeply impressed by the world tour!!:wink: Gave them a hot soak yesterday, they are drying right now. Hopefully they will be dry tomorrow so that I can post some pics. However, they look really good fitwise and denimwise. What was your impression on them?!

Mr HaGa
24th August 2010, 23:49
@ haga: I asked, because I simply can't imagine any better options than raw denim for leisure. Going back to pre-washes or other pants is so pointless (ok, I'm exaggerating), but once you know the pleasures of a nice pair of denim, I think you develop a passion for a lifetime. Maybe naive, but I think so.

I used to be like you, and I still like raw denim for work most days, but to wear it all the time has become so monotonous to me, no matter how different CM and N&F and Samurai and Denime might be perceived to be from each other. I'm not going to (back) to scraped sandpapered torn up diesels and gstars or anything (though a nicely washed-out pair of APC or filippa k or acne might tempt at some point), but putting on a pair of linen or light cotton pants instead of raw denim on a 100 degree day (40C) is far from pointless.

No offense to anyone who still likes to rock their raw joints 24/7 of course. And I'll still try to make a last valiant stance with the 811XXX the next 2+ years before I fade away from the boards... Overplayed as the whole contest and world tour game might be.........

modaxxa
25th August 2010, 06:32
samurai 710bk
samurai 710xx
flathead 1001
nudie ODEE

Max Power
25th August 2010, 08:00
Hi!
Did get them yesterday to be honest 8-)
Ordered them as I was deeply impressed by the world tour!!:wink: Gave them a hot soak yesterday, they are drying right now. Hopefully they will be dry tomorrow so that I can post some pics. However, they look really good fitwise and denimwise. What was your impression on them?!

Hey, I hope you took some pics and share them with us!

Max Power
25th August 2010, 08:07
I used to be like you, and I still like raw denim for work most days, but to wear it all the time has become so monotonous to me, no matter how different CM and N&F and Samurai and Denime might be perceived to be from each other. I'm not going to (back) to scraped sandpapered torn up diesels and gstars or anything (though a nicely washed-out pair of APC or filippa k or acne might tempt at some point), but putting on a pair of linen or light cotton pants instead of raw denim on a 100 degree day (40C) is far from pointless.

No offense to anyone who still likes to rock their raw joints 24/7 of course. And I'll still try to make a last valiant stance with the 811XXX the next 2+ years before I fade away from the boards... Overplayed as the whole contest and world tour game might be.........

It seems that many of the "old" users here think like you, and I understand that contests and questions about washing after 5 months instead of the obligatory 6 months aren't that exciting for you as for someone who's new to dry denim. But if you still got the passion for it, it would be great to show up from time to time, show your progress on some jeans and let us participate on your knowledge. A forum, where only 16 years old show their brand new TFDOEE and then disappear until they ask after 2 months if the magical process will start if they wash them right now gets pretty boring :mrgreen:

(And yes, I agree on the linnen pants; there are some external influences you can't get rid of: job, weather etc. But it helps to remember the 6th denim commandment ;-))

Greeneye
25th August 2010, 08:31
It seems that many of the "old" users here think like you, and I understand that contests and questions about washing after 5 months instead of the obligatory 6 months aren't that exciting for you as for someone who's new to dry denim. But if you still got the passion for it, it would be great to show up from time to time, show your progress on some jeans and let us participate on your knowledge. A forum, where only 16 years old show their brand new TFDOEE and then disappear until they ask after 2 months if the magical process will start if they wash them right now gets pretty boring :mrgreen:

(And yes, I agree on the linnen pants; there are some external influences you can't get rid of: job, weather etc. But it helps to remember the 6th denim commandment ;-))
Word(co-sign)

jsnt
25th August 2010, 09:52
Current:
TLJ indigo on black
SJDBT
TFODEE

Next lot:
APC PS
TFDS
TF oscar dark worn

beautiful_FrEaK
25th August 2010, 09:58
^nice that you wear the TFDOEE. How old are you?! ;-)

I understand Mr.HaGa and I'm with him that contests and world tours don't have that strong appeal as they had years ago. It's quite normal and you have around 6 or more contests and world tours at the same time. Besides that, if you want to see how others life, there's the WAYJDT-thread. Kinda a world tour for everyone...
The strongest attraction for a contest is just the chance to get something unique and customized

oh and to add something useful to this thread topic: I'm wearing the S0510XX21oz right now. It's cold enough for them

fairylicks
25th August 2010, 10:11
Imo dry denim culture consists of buying, wearing and chatting in internet forums... Are there any guys who only wear dry denim without posting from time to time? Maybe some guys are bored of the internet and not the wearing part?!?

beautiful_FrEaK
25th August 2010, 10:19
I think especially in Japan most of them just wear them and don't talk that much about it. But IIRC there are also some Japanese forums of which we aren't aware of.

And yeah, guys like Mr.HaGa, Tiro and the like might lost the passion of chatting about dry denim and mostly come back to look for some new cuts/denim/brands and to quickly educate theirselves what size they would need if they are interested. They've surely chatted enough about washing/cleaning/sizing of others...

mikecch
25th August 2010, 10:29
Imo dry denim culture consists of buying, wearing and chatting in internet forums... Are there any guys who only wear dry denim without posting from time to time? Maybe some guys are bored of the internet and not the wearing part?!?

My bro and some of my friends wear dry denim 24/7, but they've never been on forums...

beautiful_FrEaK
25th August 2010, 10:36
do they have some nice results you wouldn't mind posting? :-)

mikecch
25th August 2010, 10:50
do they have some nice results you wouldn't mind posting? :-)

Haha, I've tried in the past - but they don't like their pictures on the internet...
My bro's AIKA jeans are coming along nicely when I saw him last week; maybe I can convince him later down the track to let me take a few photographs.

Some useful contribution to the thread:
My current rotation is -
ROY's 5-pc standard (85% of the time; they are simply amazing...)
Real Japan Blues 66bspbk (5%; only when my Cat's Paw work pants are drying and I walk around the hospital hoping people don't notice that they're actually jeans :P)
Sugar Cane sc40300 (5%; for lazy Sunday afternoons)
Wrangler Japanese Blue Bells m-1112 (5%; for manual labour and when Melbourne's shitty weather chucks a tantrum)

Max Power
25th August 2010, 11:05
I think especially in Japan most of them just wear them and don't talk that much about it. But IIRC there are also some Japanese forums of which we aren't aware of.

I've got the impression, that in germany some people, who aren't denim freaks, buy raw jeans because of their price or because they like the look of a non-distressed jeans. But I honestly almost never see people with nice faded or worn-in pairs. That makes me think, that the whole passion for fading gets supported by the internet at first.
Of course, each one of us would buy and wear raw denim they way we do anyway, because we developped a passion for it, but it has to start somehow. And I didn't get the input from my friends or from anybody I see on the streets (maybe that's different in japan?). For me, I got hooked up by an article about nudie jeans in a magazine and after buying a pre-wash Nudie the booklet told me the whole concept. Further research brought my to mynudies and to the whole japanese thing, what was completely unknown to me then.

What i want to say: the Internet can get your passion started and supports it nicely (in our regions), but it's nothing that happens only because of and for the web. The fun is to wear your jeans, wether if it is for a contest or not. The winner is he, who has the most fun while doing it.

And on-Topic: "my rotation":

Momotaro 0201

And btw: I hope that this gets the approbriate attention:
Besides that, if you want to see how others life, there's the WAYJDT-thread. Kinda a world tour for everyone...

laxlife1234
25th August 2010, 15:31
@maxpower I would say the internet DID get me started. Believe it or not though I play lacrosse (I hope it was obvious), and when I first started I joined a lacrosse forum to buy/sell/trade. For there on, sometime last July? I saw a thread on raw denim. I wanted to purchase a pair, but didn't have the money then one day, I found a pair of GTDBS in marshalls (true story). From there on it just took off, and I just joined mynudies in June cause I saw they had some wonderful topics, and extremely cheap nudie's in the FS section. Well, that is my story.

And I am wearing in rotation Grim Tim Dry Black Selvage (different than the first pair I got), Slacker Jack's, and APC NS I just got yesterday. Those are the only jeans I am wearing now, mainly the APC's 4-6 days out of the week.

BlueOctoberFan
25th August 2010, 15:35
Lately it's been thus:
M, T, Th: APC Rescue
W, F, Sa, Su: either 501stf or ALD Royal Darktone depending on what I'm feeling
New ALD Prescotts held for when I want to dress it up a bit more

I'm looking forward to it getting cooler and bringing out the Samurais (17oz and 24oz LHT jeans).

dr.house
25th August 2010, 20:55
LVC 55's and SDA Indys, between them one of the other babes.

PooJou
30th August 2010, 06:06
Nudie Grim Timm DDO
Samurai S710xx
Uniqlo S-001 raw selvage

GermWarfare
19th September 2010, 06:07
Currently:

Denime XX-type 85% of the time. Falling more and more in love with the denim! Great stuff!

PBJ xx-005BK 5% of the time. Love the denim, but sized wrongly on these. :(

Eternal 811 10% of the time. Great cut and denim, worn for the better part of 2 years so they are taking a break.... For now. :)

mikecch
8th October 2010, 15:43
Line-up for Autumn so far...

Oni 1001-HM (45% of the time; texture/construction is really unique, starch soak is giving nice creases)
SDA Clipper (45%; really amazing 'jungle' denim, but doesn't crease easily)
Wrangler Japanese BB m-1112 (5%; still my beater pants, fading in slowly)
RJB 66bspbk (5%; still my hospital pretend work-pants)

iwannudies
8th October 2010, 16:20
Nice line-up!

RJB 66bspbk (5%; still my hospital pretend work-pants)

I used to wear SJDBC as my work pants, but too many people commented 'Why are you wearing jeans' :-?

Nudude
8th October 2010, 18:43
* Warehouse x Sufu x BiG 660 after hanging in the closet for about 3 years!
* RRDS, still love the cut and it's nice to alternate between these two different cuts

+ IHxB01 od when they are ready somewhere in 2011. My next black pair.

That's more than enough denim for some time.

mikecch
9th October 2010, 02:35
Nice line-up!

I used to wear SJDBC as my work pants, but too many people commented 'Why are you wearing jeans' :-?

Thanks iwannudies!

Work place dress code in hospitals are getting more relaxed in Australia (no ties or white coats required) - which is a good thing for me :)

BlueOctoberFan
9th October 2010, 03:24
Now that fall is in gear, I'm basically just rotating two pairs of Sams...
S0110XJ
24ozLHT

The APC Rescues and ALD Royal Darktones will make appearances when it's warmer and I have to walk a lot for my commute.

ThinFinn
9th October 2010, 13:29
* Warehouse x Sufu x BiG 660 after hanging in the closet for about 3 years!
* RRDS, still love the cut and it's nice to alternate between these two different cuts

+ IHxB01 od when they are ready somewhere in 2011. My next black pair.

That's more than enough denim for some time.

so how are yours looking btw? any pics off'em?...

xEnvy
9th October 2010, 14:22
Nudie Thin Finns - Dry Stretch
Nudie Tight Long John - Denim Stretch

Nudude
9th October 2010, 18:16
so how are yours looking btw? any pics off'em?...

I only wore them for a week or two in total so no fading whatsoever, it's just the creases being set. When I got them from BiG back in 2007 I gave them a machine wash, hung them dry and put them in my closet. I never had the time to wear them up until recently. Still need to make some pics for evo purposes though. You also have these btw?

ThinFinn
9th October 2010, 20:42
^yup i also have these.
purchased them from another member over at sufu a few months ago (new off course!).
also just wore them for some like 2-3weeks in total so also just creases set and not much fading going on so far!...

KurtHens
10th October 2010, 01:24
i got a pretty silly rotation goin,

All nudies:
wear them almost equal however favour my Masa.

1. Joes - Dry Heavy
2. Jims - Dry Japan
3. MASA
4. Joes - Organic Selvage

everyday is always a good day when a got a sick pair of nudes on

DoitsuJin
10th October 2010, 03:10
i've been rotating my artist denim with my 811s, but was thinking about getting back into nudie...

mikesteez
10th October 2010, 05:06
Three in heavy rotation right now :) GTDDO, Naked&Famous Indigo broken twill selvedge, and G-Star Arc loose tapered. They're all 1-2 months old but been sleeping/concerts/parties in the naked and famous almost strictly.. were stiff as hell when i got them and i want a nice contrast!

Imperial shearers coming in the mail in a few days though... gonna be a long while before any of them get a wash with 4 raw jeans being worked on :/

iwannudies
10th October 2010, 06:30
i've been rotating my artist denim with my 811s, but was thinking about getting back into nudie...
Same here,been wearing my Cultizm LVC contest pair.
Which Nudie? The BB Veggie looks really sweet, I wonder if it's the same RR Veggie dye.

Nudude
10th October 2010, 17:47
^yup i also have these.
purchased them from another member over at sufu a few months ago (new off course!).
also just wore them for some like 2-3weeks in total so also just creases set and not much fading going on so far!...

Good purchase! I really like the deep blue color of the denim and the fit is very nice too. We'll see how our pairs look after a year! :)

DoitsuJin
10th October 2010, 19:00
Same here,been wearing my Cultizm LVC contest pair.
Which Nudie? The BB Veggie looks really sweet, I wonder if it's the same RR Veggie dye.

not sure, i don't think the quality of the denim is going to be much of a factor in my decision making. cuts i was considering were either the BC Starcy, RR or TLJ but who knows...

Kmart.
10th October 2010, 19:11
^ The Starcy is great, I'd highly recommend it.

iwannudies
11th October 2010, 07:17
Wish I could pull off the TLJ, wayyy too skinny for my fat thighs and calves.

I might start rotating a pair of TFOEE sitting in my closet soon, now that the weather is getting warmer.

DoitsuJin
11th October 2010, 07:20
Wish I could pull off the TLJ, wayyy too skinny for my fat thighs and calves.

I might start rotating a pair of TFOEE sitting in my closet soon, now that the weather is getting warmer.

it's definitely too tight for my thighs/calves too, but i was thinking about sizing up one. i did that with my a77 joeys (got a 32 even though the site advised to size down 2 to account for huge waist) but post-weight loss it looks quite silly on me now, haha.

you're right with the TF though, that might be a better option... though if i went with TF i would like to have the dry comfort.

i just can't cry for much quality with nudie since i know what i'm getting, and i do have my 811s which blow me away :p

iwannudies
11th October 2010, 13:29
Ahh I'd give anything to lose weight and make my jeans look silly on me. Now that spring is here I'm gonna try to shed the 1.5 sizes that I've put on over the past 2 years :oops:

i just can't cry for much quality with nudie since i know what i'm getting, and i do have my 811s which blow me away http://mynudies.images/smilies/icon_razz.gif
Sad but true, I stick with them for their cuts, otherwise the TFOEE denim leaves much to be desired :( Dry comforts would be a good choice ;-)

DoitsuJin
11th October 2010, 16:15
yup, TF cut is so spot on... wish my current TFs fit me right, but I'm kinda hesistant in buying the same model (tho another size)

i'm really leaning towards the BC starcy as my next nudie, hopefully it's still around in a year or so...

JDW
11th October 2010, 18:10
Was mainly wearing my APC's with the odd day of my TFDBC, whilst my SJDBT did nothing waiting to be washed.
Now that I've washed my SJ I think my rotation will be:
45% APC, 45% SJ and 10% TF. Summers coming though and it may start becoming too hot for jeans.

mikesteez
11th October 2010, 22:30
The lowered yoke on the TFDS got me to size up one since the legs are so slim.. definitely a fan of sagging them to get more stacking. My legs got a lot smaller in the few months after getting them though so now I regret going up an inch :/ mine had more of an all over fade on the denim instead of streaking and whiskering after a year of hard wear and 3 washes

Mr HaGa
12th October 2010, 01:58
For the next two years contest eternals 4-5 days per week
The other 2-3 days black sammies, 660s and old contest fullcounts

offyatree
12th October 2010, 03:30
currently rotating:

LVC 501xx 1966
Momotaro 0201
Warehouse 660

soon

SDA 103

IIIrd Icon
15th October 2010, 20:42
Fall/Winter Rotation:

Yamato s001j__ Official "Activity" jeans
Samurai s5000ai-10sp__ back on tour of duty
Momo 701__ official "Dark" slim-mish denim jeans, so i'm not looking to fade them right away
SExSC02__ unofficial, slim-mish [alternate #1] denim jeans
FC 1108C__ worn-in [alternate #2]
PBJ 007__ worn-in [alternate#3] ;-)

watermelon91
18th November 2010, 18:46
currently wearing my tfodee and n&f's weird guys 50'50.

hc4thehc
18th December 2010, 14:10
2k 11:

Iron Heart Beatle Buster (IHXB01)
Self Edge x Iron Heart collab 01 (SEXIH01)
Self Edge x Iron Heart collab 07 (SEXIH07)

Mistral
18th December 2010, 15:13
I'm wearing Momo 0201 and Copper Label G007, the latter mostly in the weekends because they need to stretch some.

S-Town
13th January 2011, 03:08
'66 LVC
Black 3sixteen's
Gray Weird Guy's
Carhartt duck canvas Roper's

INDIGO GIRL
2nd December 2011, 08:14
Timothy Everest 14oz BluexBlack Japanese jeans

Naughty Indigo Girl ordered:

Timothy Everest 14oz BluexBlack Japanese jeans
Customised with my own leather patch and top button.

Just these 2 until 2013!!!

IG

INDIGO GIRL
27th December 2011, 05:23
Why don't people use this thread??

I love reading what everybody's rotating.

Already researching what to pull the trigger on, on 2nd January 2013.

My current 2 pairs should be awesome by then

Please somebody else post in this thread...

IG

Cold Summer
27th December 2011, 06:26
I'm wearing:

Pure Blue Japan XX-011, size 31
Samurai S0500x, size 31

I'm probably going to be wearing just these two pairs for the next few years. They give me great variety since the PBJs are slim, low-rise, and modern, while the Samurais are a straight fit and classic-looking. The denim is totally different as well, and more pairs would make it impossible for me to get any good wear on what I've already got. I sold all my Nudies because A) Japanese used clothes shops pay way too much for them, and B) I got tired of wearing such tight jeans; PBJs are a much better slim/skinny fit.

The only thing that would change my mind is if someone starts getting Flat Head 3001s, 3009s, or F310s in a long inseam length. That would be tempting.

kevinwalks
27th December 2011, 08:07
I just wore my APC Petit Standards for the first time yesterday. Second wear today. I'm gonna be wearing just these pretty much for the next year I think.

xEnvy
27th December 2011, 13:37
SEXI14s and my TFDS 30/34 is my usual rotation at the moment, mainly staying in the SEXI14s though. Love them.

ng_tetet
28th December 2011, 03:26
011, 301bk, ps.

INDIGO GIRL
28th December 2011, 21:04
Thank you for your responses!!!

Nobody's interested in your closet threads either!!!

IG

swiss-jeansfreak
31st December 2011, 02:57
I'm just using the same raw denim stuff till they are done:
Since Febraury 22 2010: Denime contest jeans
Since Spring 2006: Lee Storm Rider 101-LJ blanket lined denim jacket

IIIrd Icon
31st December 2011, 06:38
Samurai
Blue Shadow 710vx
5000ai-10sp

Studio D'Artisan 105

Momotaro 701

mikecch
31st December 2011, 06:53
I'm temporarily putting my Roy x Cone jeans aside after today, upcoming rotation for Summer/Autumn (Southern Hemisphere here):

For work - Left Field indigo duck chinos (with Cat's Paw work chinos for replacement when needed)
For leisure - Edwin Vintage Collection 506, Wrangler (Japan) Blue Bell 1964 11mwb, Oni 1001-HM

BlueOctoberFan
31st December 2011, 18:30
Since it's gotten colder here, the rotation has been cut down to two pairs of Samurai: S0110XJ and 24oz-L. Mostly the latter, but the former gets some wear when I need a change-up.

Kamikaz
31st December 2011, 18:51
Cold season.
I'm pretty much wearing the PBJ 24-005 fulltime, as it is the only heavy-weight denim I own right now.
Ocasionally switching to a Levi's 511 prewash for work, but that's only a few half-days per month.

swiss-jeansfreak
1st January 2012, 03:23
Pics of my current raw denim stuff without any rotation.
Just constant wear of the same pants and jacket:
Denime contest jeans and Lee Storm Rider 101-LJ blanket lined denim jacket.
Both items never washed
(passed the 600 and over 1000 days wear mark):

501lover
1st January 2012, 03:32
Happy New Year, Ruedi! Those are freaking cool jeans, keep rocking them.
I celebrated the new year by wearing my 2nd hand bought Sugar Canes for the first time, lovely fade, you'd hate the fact that they have been washed, several times (not by me, obviously). Sorry, no pic as of yet.

swiss-jeansfreak
1st January 2012, 03:49
Thanks 501 lover, Happy New Year to you and all other raw denim heads out in the world too.

No worries. I'll keep go rocking my raw denim stuff untill nothing has left on them.
And then they'll be ready to rest in peace in the Jeansmuseum.
The only point is, that I have to downgrade them soon as my second or third class work pants and denim jacket.
Because I'm afraid, my office friends and my boss will soon kill me, if I still wear those pretty rough items at work.

I wanna see any pic updates of your Sugar Canes, when you find some time (but no hurry)

INDIGO GIRL
22nd January 2012, 07:32
Current jeans rotation:
One pair of Timothy Everest MIJ BluexBlack jeans
Every day
Until the new pair I ordered arrive
At least they are starting to fade eventually!!!

shiuym
22nd January 2012, 10:30
outside everything jeans: rather momotaro 0100sp or momotaro 0201 (depends on what I want at that moment)
At home: Levi's 501 STF

swiss-jeansfreak
22nd January 2012, 16:28
Still my Denime jeans (620 days wear mark at a row and the Lee Storm Rider 101-LJ blanket lined denim jacket (over 1000 days of daily wear at a row since 6 years (without summer times)

INDIGO GIRL
23rd January 2012, 22:18
Current jeans rotation:
One pair of Timothy Everest MIJ BluexBlack jeans
Every day
Until the new pair I ordered arrive
At least they are starting to fade eventually!!!

Couldn't do 2 months in one pair of jeans so went to TKMAXX yesterday and bought black skinny Cheap Monday jeans reduced from £50 to £3.97!!!!!

So today washed first pair - very hard to fade but will be amazing!

New jeans ready 6-8 weeks.

nt54
5th February 2012, 03:10
Atelier La Durance Frontier Pant 2 years old, soon to be retired :(
Nudie Big Bengt 1 year old

soon to be added: Imogene + Willie Willie Rigid -- Once these arrive next week, I'll likely wear them nonstop for several months.

dlaz
5th February 2012, 07:42
TF Dry Ecru, TF Recycle Dry, GT Open Selvedge.got a slim jim black twill,but i'm wearing it very sparingly.

beautiful_FrEaK
5th February 2012, 11:09
Main pair is the S710XX at the moment but I try to wear my Denime XX on tuesdays&thursdays

Cold Summer
5th February 2012, 13:43
Pure Blue Japan XX-011 and Flat Head SE05BSP. I think I've settled on just wearing the PBJs for this year, then I'll start on the FHs next January or so. I think it's probably best to just focus on one pair at a time since I can't wear jeans all day, every day like some people.

swiss-jeansfreak
5th February 2012, 23:56
Still daily use of my Denime jeans and my Lee Storm Rider denim jacket combined with my Lee unlined denim jacket. Using them in my skiing holidays.
They are very rough and close to downgrading them soon

Max Power
6th February 2012, 08:04
^what will be next? The IH 25 oz would surely look great when you break it in.

fairylicks
6th February 2012, 08:36
ajds and sjdj. Thats pretty much it since my skulls became too tight in the thigh area..

swiss-jeansfreak
18th February 2012, 00:06
^what will be next? The IH 25 oz would surely look great when you break it in.

Tomorrow my skiing holidays are over. I really have to downgrade my old pants and denim jackets since they are falling apart more and more. The left knee is just ready now for a heavy blow out explosion every minute. But they're still fighting against their death

My next step could be IH 25 oz or Strike Gold 23 oz pants and the IH blanket lined jacket or the black uinlined IH jacket.

This in case the Samurai contest will be delayed much longer

Will decide soon after my return home

IIIrd Icon
18th February 2012, 06:26
S710 Blue Shadow
S5000ai-10sp
SD 105
SExSC02
.... & just recently added Eternal BIG811XXX

Demitrinevoli
18th February 2012, 07:47
Levis LVC 1915,
Studio D'Artisan X's 31 Black Pigs
Naked and Famous Indigo Selvage
Levis 501 Verde

fairylicks
18th February 2012, 13:14
Changed my rotation to FH 1005 and my rmc lee...

beautiful_FrEaK
18th February 2012, 13:34
you still have your Lees? I really thought you sold them long ago. Good to hear!

xxhalcyonxx
18th February 2012, 13:47
Main pair is the S710XX at the moment but I try to wear my Denime XX on tuesdays&thursdays

Why you no wear Evisu!

beautiful_FrEaK
18th February 2012, 14:03
Because I wear the other 2 :-P

fairylicks
18th February 2012, 15:56
Yep. I still got them. But not so much wear on them. Maybe two months. Some fades start to shine through.

Cold Summer
29th April 2012, 17:15
Still wearing PBJ 11s and TFH SE05BSPs. I mostly wear the BSPs but the PBJ have been getting more love since I figured out sagging them a bit helps make the leg more comfortable.

beautiful_FrEaK
29th April 2012, 17:59
Main pair throughout the last months was my 710...but for 2 weeks I wear my Denime 66XX now...I have to rotate again

mynameisjesse
29th April 2012, 19:00
TFODEE, TFDBC, TFBCI, TLJODT. The TFODEE is probably my favorite that I'm putting the most time into. Won't be adding to the collection for awhile...unless they release a TF indigo coated again.

IIIrd Icon
29th April 2012, 23:51
KAPITAL Cisco
MOMOTARO 702
SAMUARAI 001jp & Blue Shadow
SDA 105
SUGARCANE SExSC02

swiss-jeansfreak
1st May 2012, 00:00
Since I'm a very slow rotation guy
(I rotate every second year)
I still have my Strike Gold 1103 pants and the black overdied IH denim jacket in use in a row since January 2012

ThinFinn
1st May 2012, 14:55
any progress on the od IH-jacket ruedi?...

swiss-jeansfreak
2nd May 2012, 02:01
I try to make some pics from the IH jacket and the Strike Gold jeans this week. But nothing visible after 4 month of daily wear on the black jaclet.The pants start with some initial slow fadings

IIIrd Icon
14th September 2012, 04:11
2012 F/W Denim Rotation:

Samurai 5000ai-10sp + 710 Blue Shadow : Kapital Cisco : Momo 702 : IH 634S-B O/D
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/brownmetallic/fw2012.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/brownmetallic/fw20012.jpg

swiss-jeansfreak
7th October 2012, 16:17
Wow IIIrd Icon, what a great collection here around!!!

bbcapone
11th October 2012, 12:02
World class collection man, wow!

My rotation is
Sugarcane Hawaii
Roy Duck
Nbhd Raw

Hopefully something really heavy here soon for the winter.

ThinFinn
13th October 2012, 15:09
634s-raw 21/23oz
555-03 sbg 21oz
s0500xx 17oz

Concret
13th October 2012, 22:59
Momo 0701
Samurai S710BK Black Shadow
TAKE5 Original T5003
EDWIN Overworks Factory 50's

jupiterjuwana
29th October 2012, 12:52
mischief
cheapmonday very stretch
UB 101

xEnvy
29th October 2012, 13:54
Until I get my Imperials fixed I'm just wearing my APC PS

beautiful_FrEaK
29th October 2012, 18:50
Fullcount 1108XX
Denime 66XX

Kmart.
29th October 2012, 19:39
Long time no post for me... currently:

APC Petit Standard
Nudie TFDS (occasionally)

Cold Summer
30th October 2012, 02:02
I'm probably going to only wear my Samurai 710s until next April or May (cold weather lasts a long, long time here.) So far, I'm loving 'em! These things are rough as heck, but I always wear long underwear beneath so they're fairly comfortable now. My goal is to avoid washing for as long as possible and avoid the washed-out gray color that so many 710s become...

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep wearing my Flat Head BSPs next year - I love the denim, but the cut pisses me off. I'm sick of wearing jeans that are supposed to be a slim taper and wind up strangling my lower thigh. The perfect cut of the 710 has totally spoiled me. I might sell these and get some Eternal 811BGs next year, since Eternal's denim is virtually the same as FH but the cut's similar to the 710.

IIIrd Icon
30th October 2012, 10:34
actually, not really_ in both counts. 811 is a straight cut & does not have the taper of the 710.
the cut is more like the Kapital Cisco or Samurai 500, with bigger hems & a bit generous @the thighs.
also, the denim is quite different from FH.

judging from your fit pix, i don't think 811s are to your liking.

Cold Summer
30th October 2012, 14:40
Really? Checking the measurements of my 710s against BIG's measurements of the one-wash 811BG, they look really similar. My 710's 12" in the thigh, 8.5" in the knee, about 7.7" in the hem - almost the same as the 811, only real difference seems to be the hem, which is slightly bigger at 8" on the Eternals. The rise is pretty much identical, too. As long as the upper thigh's not bigger than 12" and the hem's 7.5-8", I ought to be okay. The only potential problems would be if the 811s were really stretchy or there was some other measurement I'm missing.

My 710s are not a super-slim cut on me, they're way looser than my BSPs. It's just not immediately obvious because I'm really tall and everything looks deceptively slim on me.

I thought I read somewhere before that Eternal and Flat Head's denim was made in the same mill. Either way, it's the only other denim I can think of that stays dark and has that vertical fade and turquiose sort of color. The PBJ XX-009 is also one I'm considering - not that it matters since I'll be in the 710s for many months.

IIIrd Icon
31st October 2012, 01:06
here are some fit comparison of 710 vs 500 vs 811 vs Cisco:

s710VX Blue Shadow: W32 [before hemming]
@post 3x hotsoak: w= 33.5, ins= 32.5, f/r= 10.5, b/r= 14, u/t= 12, kn= 8.75, l/o= 8
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/brownmetallic/710FITpostsoak.jpg

s710XX: W33
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/brownmetallic/710fit.jpg

s0500XX: W33
http://imageshack.us/a/img205/16/s500fit.jpg

BIG811XXX: W33
@post x3 hotsoak: w= 33, ins= 32.5, f/r= 11, b/r= 14.5, u/t= 12.25, kn= 9, l/o= 8.5
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/brownmetallic/811fit.jpg

Kapital Cisco: W32
@O/W: w= 33.5, ins= 33.5, f/r= 10.5, b/r= 14.5, u/t= 12.25, kn= 9, l/o= 8
http://imageshack.us/a/img152/9258/ciscofb.jpg

Cold Summer
31st October 2012, 15:46
Those pictures are pretty helpful.

I wouldn't mind something a little bit looser in the leg than my 710s. I used to have some S0500xx in the same size as my current S710 (size 31), but they were a little too loose. Most of the leg was good, the problem was the upper thigh, which made the crotch look saggy. They were about 12.25-5" in the top thigh, while the Eternal in size 31 is supposed to be 12, about the same as my S710.

You can see the loose thigh/crotch problem here:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b316/kyleisnotdead/WAYWT/20120103a.jpg

IIIrd Icon
31st October 2012, 19:20
fit was not really bad.
Texas cotton wouldve soften up & drape better.
also, denim stretches down the line.

peeps are known to size down on the 500s to get a slimmer fit.
i'm normally a W33 [as in the fit photo], but i couldve surely sized 1 down.
other than that__ prolly not the right cut for you [that you'd prefer, ie].

IIIrd Icon
5th March 2013, 22:48
S/S '13 Rotation:

Main: Kapital Cisco, Samurai Blue Shadow, Samurai JINs [entry for HWDC].
the rest will be worn as alternates

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/brownmetallic/ss2013.jpg

swiss-jeansfreak
29th March 2013, 02:35
Amazing update.
This is a real great collection!!
Congrats IIIrd Icon