PDA

View Full Version : Rear-pocket Wallet Placement.

Conifurious
15th September 2007, 06:53
(god that title looks retarded...:rolleyes: )Right, I was actually hesistant to make this poll, but it seems like no one has made a topic about this before, so I should be safe.

Right. So which rear-pocket to you place your wallet in while wearing your jeans? I ask out of curiosity and also because I am curious as to whether or not your rear-pocket choice corresponds with your dominant hand. And also, do you switch your wallet about or do you keep it consistent for comfort sake?

I go for rear-left and happen to be left-handed, though whether or not that is the reason is hearsay. Going rear-right is absolutely out of the question, it's odd but I am very uncomfortable with my wallet on the "wrong" side. Though it is very probable that I may just be insane. That's a revelation I am prepared for. :-P

iwannudies
15th September 2007, 06:55
You forgot the voting poll :p

Right hand, Right pocket.

Conifurious
15th September 2007, 06:57
It's up now. I had to add some alternative choices for man-bag...ers, etc. :mrgreen:

Daniel
15th September 2007, 07:08
left rear pocket, left handed... you're not insane Coni, mine HAS to go in the left pocket since I'm left handed too, just doesn't feel right otherwise...

superslim_zac
15th September 2007, 07:20
Rear right. Left has my phone...

I'm right handed.

So what.

Wanna fight?

Conifurious
15th September 2007, 07:36
Rear right. Left has my phone...

I'm right handed.

So what.

Wanna fight?

Bring. it. On.

Just...after my 500th post la fiesta. ;-)

corndogg
15th September 2007, 07:41
rear right pocket, and im right handed. i like to brush my hand against it periodically throughout the day as im out and about, so i keep it by my dominant hand. not in the front though, since my knife and keys are in front right. cell in back left. lighter in my front left.

Conifurious
15th September 2007, 08:05
I can't really tolerate having anything in my front pockets really. Another odd bit about me. Just feels uncomfortable and part of the reason why I always carry around a denim holdall all the time. Creates interesting fading too.

deviousfool
15th September 2007, 08:16
right backpocket, right-handed. i think they're directly related cos u don't wanna reach too far away to get your wallet out.

i put my cellphone in my frontpocket. it feels really uncomfortable at first but then i get used to it. well u get ugly phone fading tho :-?

bilmaga
15th September 2007, 08:44
Snus In left, wallet in right.

I only carry the snus in the back pocket if I don't have a jacket.

My wallet is always in my right back pocket. Most of the faded pics I see, has the wallet on the right side as well.

I see very few left pocket wallet wearers come to think of it.

Jakob
15th September 2007, 10:02
i just put either cash in the coin pocket or cards/smartcase in the keft pocket. Uhm, thats left to me, you know, the one without the coinpocket.

billiamphan
15th September 2007, 10:27
Right hand, right back pocket for wallet. Cell phone in front right pocket, zippo in coin pocket. Chapstick in left front pocket. Loose change in left rear pocket. I have had it this way for as long as I can remember, any other way would feel funny.

dji
15th September 2007, 10:38
right handed, wallet in right back pocket.
phone in front right, ipod nano in front left, loose change in coin pocket.
do you guys that carry a phone in your back pocket take the phone everytime you sit down? I would be paranoid about crushing my phone haha.

Jakob
15th September 2007, 11:28
btw, i think wallet in backpocket looks crap

KillBill
15th September 2007, 13:23
i voted right backpocket but nowadays i carry a bag wich is quit handy imo(no ugly cell fadings hehe sorry for all of you guys who like it, i don't), but if i wear it in a backpocket it's the right one.

Bobbejaan
15th September 2007, 14:18
its impossible to wear my Redmoon left. I want to in my ALD royal pants because the right pocket had a button.

bilmaga
15th September 2007, 14:24
i voted right backpocket but nowadays i carry a bag wich is quit handy imo(no ugly cell fadings hehe sorry for all of you guys who like it, i don't), but if i wear it in a backpocket it's the right one.

I'm not a fan of the front pocket phone fade either.

I love wallet fades, and almost anything in the back pockets. Fades in the front pockets just look bad imo.

Although, if you have to carry something in there, you don't really have a choice (unless you do carry a bag). I personally don't put anything in my front pockets.

But, I do put my car key in my coin pocket, but that is it for the front.

Bobbejaan
15th September 2007, 14:34
same here i hate to put my huge nokia in my front pockets. But i almost never wear a jacket so thats the only storage space i have..

Donovan
15th September 2007, 14:34
left-left
so as my watch left-side

bilmaga
15th September 2007, 14:48
usually left handed people wear their watch on ther right hand.

I wear my watch on my left hand and I am right handed.

superslim_zac
15th September 2007, 14:49
Actually when I used to have a Nokia 6280 and was back-pocketing it I broke the screen a few times.

Not from sitting on it tho, from stressing it when I was squatting by my car.

My SE has the thickest glass on the screen, I'm sure it's indestructable. haha. If I can feel my phone being too pressured I pull it.

But back pocket phone is my sollution for no phone fades at the front.

I carry a drum key in my coin pocket and most of my spare change on that side too.

JumpJump!
15th September 2007, 15:18
I keep my wallet in my rear-right pocket and I'm right-handed.
Front-right pocket is for my cellphone and front-left pocket is for my keys. I've always been doing it like that, it just feels uncomfortable otherwise.

Sarge
15th September 2007, 18:01
Right handed.
Loose change - front right pocket
Key - left front or coin pocket
Card holder - sometimes in back right pocket mainly in jacket
Phone/cigs/lighter/walkman - jacket

If i haven't got a jacket (rare) or a bag i'll use my shirt pocket and if i havent got a shirt (hardly ever) i'll use my girlfriend.

Don't like anything bulky in trouser pockets so i try and wear at least a check shirt with a pocket on and have a jacket or a bag with me.

I live in England so it's rare that it's impossible to wear a jacket.

PhillySci76
15th September 2007, 18:41
Right handed...

Red Moon right back pocket.
Cell phone left front pocket.
Dry nasal snuff front right pocket.

Sometimes chapstick left front with phone.

Conifurious
16th September 2007, 01:10
Nice to see that this naturally turned into a "what do you keep in whatever pocket" sort of thing. That was where I sort of wanted it to go, albeit, I keep nothing in my pockets that I couldn't more easily keep in my "manbag".

I hate that term by the way. :-P

corndogg
16th September 2007, 04:39
Nice to see that this naturally turned into a "who do you keep in whatever pocket" sort of thing.

i got the DA, judge and chief of police in my pocket. 8-)

tennisINjeans
16th September 2007, 04:56
i am right handed...
front left-empty
front right- keys and chapstick
back left-cell phone
back right-wallet

BlueOctoberFan
16th September 2007, 05:39
I'm right handed, and, generally speaking, keep nothing in my pockets. If I'm walking around too much, the wallet may go into the back right pocket, but generally I just carry it, or give it to my girlfriend to put in her purse. The same goes with the phone, except it goes into the back-left in such aforementioned circumstances. Keys hang with the Samurai keychain from the key-ring on the ALD belt. Love this belt...

Conifurious
16th September 2007, 08:22
i got the DA, judge and chief of police in my pocket. 8-)

Sounds like a party and a half in there.

Blasted typos...

oeija
16th September 2007, 12:25
i'm quite surprised only one person puts their wallet in the front pocket.

you see wallet fading in the front pockets quite often when ppl take photos of the nudies worn for long periods of time. (it does look quite nice actually) but i just hate how it makes your leg bulge and impedes your movement..

BlueOctoberFan
16th September 2007, 15:45
I actually have a front pocket wallet, but ever since getting into dry denim, I didn't want to have anything screwing up the whiskers.

josuke
16th September 2007, 16:10
I actually have a front pocket wallet, but ever since getting into dry denim, I didn't want to have anything screwing up the whiskers.

lol very true,, i dun even put my phone in the front pocket anymore.. XD

mjg
16th September 2007, 16:49
i keep mine in my right front pocket. mind you it's not an actual wallet just a business card holder to hold ids and i keep the loose cash either in that same pocket or my back right pocket.

Conifurious
16th September 2007, 17:18
Here's one that is almost good enough to be worth a second poll, just because no one ever does. Does anyone actually use their front-right change pocket, for loose change or otherwise?

Pssh, I say what for? Most change pockets I have seen/owned were small enough to make fishing for change pretty tedious.

cameland
16th September 2007, 17:22
Even though its tight, you can stretch the opening out to get bigger if you use it enough. I usually keep my useless change/crap in my front pockets.

bilmaga
16th September 2007, 17:31
I keep my car key in my coin pocket

Tiro
16th September 2007, 17:40
I keep my car key in my coin pocket

I also do this, attached to my ALD belt...

oh yeah, want to see some amazing wallet fade, look at HJJ's contest sammies on sufu... (awesome jeans in general really)

BlueOctoberFan
16th September 2007, 17:57
Here's one that is almost good enough to be worth a second poll, just because no one ever does. Does anyone actually use their front-right change pocket, for loose change or otherwise?

I used to use mine for a pocket watch, but now with the ALDs and Sammys, the pocket is covered up by the belt, so it's basically useless.

catlettsl
16th September 2007, 22:44
hey were can i get a wallet and chain from....

Tiro
16th September 2007, 22:50
hey were can i get a wallet and chain from....

try the local butchers... :lol:
honestly man, don't you think you could find the answer to this if you even put half a minute of effort into it?

bilmaga
16th September 2007, 23:41
You can get them at stores that sell wallets:p

Did you have a brand in mind? If not, then your quest should be simple.

BlueOctoberFan
17th September 2007, 02:26
It just occured to me earlier today that I never posted a pic of my Samurai keychain that came with the jeans, and since it's somewhat germain to the topic of what you put in your pockets, here it is.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/3169/keychaindk0.jpg

bilmaga
17th September 2007, 03:58
That's a good use for it.

It is actually for a cellphone, but the keychain idea is way better.

Gregory
17th September 2007, 05:43
Right rear pocket, right handed
I also cannot stand having anything in my front pockets, I don't even like to carry change in my pockets to be honest. I wear my keys on my belt loop (rear right as well) and if I remember to bring my cell phone (which is rare) I tend to just carry it in my hand, or I most often carry a small duffle bag (American Apparel make some nice ones) so I toss all my other shit in there.

centrix
17th September 2007, 06:20
left handed. right hand rear pocket

iwannudies
17th September 2007, 07:26
Get this.

http://www.cultizm.com/shop/product_info.php?info=p53_EXTREMELY-LIMITED-NUDIE-LEATHER-WALLET---USED-DARK-BROWN.html

Then post pics when you get them :p

Conifurious
17th September 2007, 07:44
Aside from it being a proposed super rare thingy, I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

I'll be cut down for this I'm sure, but provided it's genuine quality leather (i.e. not synthetic), a wallet is a wallet is a wallet to me. And the words "limited edition" or "fancy" Nudie signature stitching is not a reason to jack up the price to wazoo. Particularly from a company who is not particularly reputable for their leather products.

I love the word "wazoo". :-P

alain
17th September 2007, 12:07
i wear them in both but mostly right because im right handend my RR DS is totaly broken at right pocket my RR Destriyed is totaly broken at right pocket and in a few month also my RR DG

spacemanvt
17th September 2007, 15:59
i use a money clip so i use the front pockets.

Gregory
17th September 2007, 19:01
I'm going to start a "what's in your pockets?" thread....much like what are you wearing (in other words, pictures are preferred)

nudien00b
20th September 2007, 04:39
for u guys who wear wallets in rear pockets: doesnt ur butt get numb from sitting on it all the time?

Gregory
20th September 2007, 04:52
uh...no

BlueOctoberFan
20th September 2007, 04:57
I've actually had my ass go numb, but it's not been from a wallet as I never sit on one. I think it has more to do with the angle of pressure. Now that I've given everyone more information than they need...

Point of advice, get up and move at least once every couple of hours, and you should be fine.

bilmaga
20th September 2007, 05:16
I have had a wallet in my back pocket for so long that I feel naked without it being there.

iwannudies
20th September 2007, 08:29
No, my wallet feels like a cushion. Snus box, is a completely different story. Not a good thing to sit on.

BlakFate
21st September 2007, 00:18
yeah without my wallet sitting doesnt feel the same, that and i wear my pants fairly low, so i dont actually sit on my wallet

AdamJaz
26th September 2007, 22:17
What about two wallet people concerned about screwing up our spines?

I rock a Tumi in the left with really arbitrary stuff I rarely use (ie gift cards info cards or punch cards). It's also a beautiful leather piece...

I also have my Gucci in my right which has my credit card/ debit card/ DL/ etc etc

bilmaga
27th September 2007, 01:58
Two wallets would look realy strange imo.

PhillySci76
27th September 2007, 02:00
Until my Red Moon I had a hard enough time remembering to grab one wallet in the morning...but two? :-)

KyleS
27th September 2007, 02:09
These days, my wallet goes where i go simply because it stays in my pants pocket. If i were to forget my wallet, i could end up being charged with indecent exposure.

bilmaga
27th September 2007, 02:13
The only time I take my wallet out of my pants is to wash them. So, basically, it never leaves my pocket :lol:

PhillySci76
27th September 2007, 02:15
The only time I take my wallet out of my pants is to wash them. So, basically, it never leaves my pocket :lol:

You guys really don't switch pants often, huh? lol

AdamJaz
27th September 2007, 02:15
Yeah, my wallets stay in my jeans... and my "main" wallet comes out for khakis etc about once or twice per week.

Two wallets doesn't look that weird, some people have their cell phones and other things in their left pocket...

-Adam

PhillySci76
27th September 2007, 02:16
Hey, "Bilmaga" may hit 5000 posts tonight :-)

bilmaga
27th September 2007, 02:32
Maybe.

Depends on how much postwhoring I do tonight:lol:

PhillySci76
27th September 2007, 02:49
Maybe.

Depends on how much postwhoring I do tonight:lol:

You Nudie slut you.

LOL

hustlejoe
5th October 2007, 18:25
if you're a traveller you will hear me loud and clear when i say front pocket. can i get a hell yeah?

BlueOctoberFan
5th October 2007, 18:47
uh... what?

bilmaga
6th October 2007, 02:14
:lol: I think that would look hilarious with a big red moon wallet in the front pocket. Imagine beatles wallet up front.

BlueOctoberFan
6th October 2007, 02:25
Hehe, you'd end up walking with a limp.

hustlejoe
6th October 2007, 03:25
Ok, just putting it out there.

Chains work BUT i think they look kind of lame...
My wallet just carries notes and the bare essential of cards so its very slim.
All the coin goes in the COIN POCKET of the jeans.
Its not my personal pocket filing cabnet like some people use it as. haha

This is what works perfectly for me anyway

Just they way god intended it :p

hustlejoe
6th October 2007, 03:27
it seems 7.23% of people on here agree with me.. possibley.. :-P

BlueOctoberFan
6th October 2007, 03:48
That's a good thing about the Royal... Just button the pocket closed.

bilmaga
6th October 2007, 03:52
Just put a couple of elastic bands around your wallet. It is really hard to pull it out without you noticing.