PDA

View Full Version : What do your friends wear...?

Lukeitfc
4th August 2007, 18:17
Have any of you managed to convert your friends to nudieists?

I haven't tried yet, but most of my mates seem to be boring, Adidas Stan Smiths, Levi's basic jeans and a 'Fashion' T-Shirt.

Any of your mates into decent denim/clothes? Or are they like mine?

bilmaga
4th August 2007, 18:20
My friends think dry denim is stupid. I have tried over and over to get them to change their mind, but It's no use.

JumpJump!
4th August 2007, 18:24
Yeah, I have 3 friends who wear Nudies on a daily basis just like I do. :mrgreen:

Regular Bas
4th August 2007, 19:05
ive got my sister into dry denim, and i work at men at work, but i try to sell dry nudies only to the who i think will keep atleast the six months no wash rule, so not to wear nudie, but to live the whole nudie idea,

B

ides
4th August 2007, 20:27
Most of my friends wear Levis/American Eagle/Abercrombie/trendy crap. I don't even bother mentioning how much I payed or anything about dry denim to them, I like being unique and getting compliments.

nudie_newbie
4th August 2007, 20:53
same, my friends laugh and are appalled at how much nudies cost and are even more disgusted at the fact that i dont wash them...

Lukeitfc
4th August 2007, 20:58
same, my friends laugh and are appalled at how much nudies cost and are even more disgusted at the fact that i dont wash them...

Same, a girlfriend finished me once, cause I had my first ever pair of nudies on, they were about 2 weeks in, and I wouldn't take them off for sex.

BlueOctoberFan
4th August 2007, 22:06
Same, a girlfriend finished me once, cause I had my first ever pair of nudies on, they were about 2 weeks in, and I wouldn't take them off for sex.

I like denim and all, but come on... Really...

That being said, most of my friends seem to be a little more trendy and going for things like 7s or Citizens and screen-print T's or button-down shirts.

Lukeitfc
4th August 2007, 22:36

That being said, most of my friends seem to be a little more trendy and going for things like 7s or Citizens and screen-print T's or button-down shirts.

That was the start of the argument, it spiralled from there.

Dave Nudie
4th August 2007, 22:37
ya i have my cousin who has the same style as me , well both even really , and then my friends wear the usaual tee , jeans , and boring trainers ,,, i never tell them what i wear but i do get the occsional compliement about my clothes hehehe , but i dont care , i just wear what i want

Lukeitfc
5th August 2007, 02:56
I sometimes get called Catalogue Luke. Tut.

Gregory
5th August 2007, 03:09
my friends and I dress pretty similar (jeans/t-shirts, button downs, flannels, hoodies etc etc), I have a few friends who are a little more dedicated to their chosen styles than most people I know (ie. I have a few rockabilly and skinhead friends who put a lot of effort into their look)

loste
5th August 2007, 04:00
non of my friends wear dry denim, they havent got the bug yet.
Mostly they wear jeans with tees and hoodies and shirts too. Very ordinary style.

iwannudies
5th August 2007, 05:36
Well the only people I know that wear dry nudies wash them after a few wears so defeats the purpose really.

cardcastleruins
5th August 2007, 06:07
Well none of my close friends wear dry denim which is fine becuase if your not into it your not into it, wear what you want. They jsut wear normal levis and crappy denim from like Urban Outfitters. One of my friends thought it was stupid to spend 100 plus dollars on a pair of jeans but then bought a hoodie for $150. my brother on the other hand has had surprising luck converting his friends to dry heads. 4 of his friends are into it.

tennisINjeans
5th August 2007, 06:12
^ i would be one of the 4
http://www.mynudies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4653
here is part of the group

jamoo
5th August 2007, 20:16
My friends think dry denim is stupid. I have tried over and over to get them to change their mind, but It's no use.

Alberta's not the the most progressive place in the world though, is it?

Legoland
5th August 2007, 20:40
most my friends are very well dressed. some scenesters sure... all in all a well dressed bunch. dry denim or not.

thebigcomedown
5th August 2007, 21:01
Have not been able to convert any of them. I talk to one of my friends about it a lot and tried to get him to buy a pair of dry denim but he just doesn't seem to be interested. All my friends usually wear like diesel, lucky, the usual stuff I guess. Really none of them have any sense of thier own style, I guess its just something you see right away and know that a nice pair of worn dry denim is one of the most beautiful, and unique things that there is.

bilmaga
5th August 2007, 22:15
Alberta's not the the most progressive place in the world though, is it?

No, you're right. Although I am kinda glad also. I like the fact that I am different than all of my friends.

Tiro
5th August 2007, 22:32
nothing wrong with any of my friends clothing, but dry denim? hell no, they just think it's plain weird to not wash a jeans for several months...

I did talk my girl into a dry denim, now let's wait and see how it'll turn out...

jamoo
5th August 2007, 23:12
No, you're right. Although I am kinda glad also. I like the fact that I am different than all of my friends.

True, and at least there are a few nice shops in Edmonton/Calgary. Also, the nicest paid of nudies I've ever seen in person were in Calgary (17th Ave Starbucks of all places).

PeterFrampton
6th August 2007, 00:16
but come on... Really...

Exactly his idea

bilmaga
6th August 2007, 00:40
True, and at least there are a few nice shops in Edmonton/Calgary. Also, the nicest paid of nudies I've ever seen in person were in Calgary (17th Ave Starbucks of all places).

I saw a really nice pair of finns this year at the Calgary Stampede. Looks like they were washed a couple of times. I wanted to stop him and say "hey man, I love your finns", but I chickened out :oops:

jamoo
6th August 2007, 00:52
I saw a really nice pair of finns this year at the Calgary Stampede. Looks like they were washed a couple of times. I wanted to stop him and say "hey man, I love your finns", but I chickened out :oops:

Word. My wife is getting sick of me checking out other dude's asses I think. Part of the fun is seeing what kind of success other guys are getting with their jeans.

bilmaga
6th August 2007, 00:57
:lol:

Yeah, I always get excited when I see people wearing dry denim.

I was in Banff yesterday and I saw a Japanese girl wearing a pair of wrangler bluebell repros that were starting to look really nice. I think I am in love :-D

jamoo
6th August 2007, 01:04
:lol:

Yeah, I always get excited when I see people wearing dry denim.

I was in Banff yesterday and I saw a Japanese girl wearing a pair of wrangler bluebell repros that were starting to look really nice. I think I am in love :-D

Nice! I've been trying to get the wife to go in for a pair of Olas - she detests tapered legs - but I can't quite get her to do it. She's been sticking with Sevens mostly, which means they've lost their shape after a few washes.

bilmaga
6th August 2007, 01:12
Good luck man.

Most women seem to have a real problem with the "no washing" idea.

jamoo
6th August 2007, 01:16
Good luck man.

Most women seem to have a real problem with the "no washing" idea.

I don't think its that - I think the problem is having a chance to try them on first - cant find Olas small enough around here.

bilmaga
6th August 2007, 01:22
What about Denimbirds bootcut? They might have smaller sizes.

jamoo
6th August 2007, 01:28
What about Denimbirds bootcut? They might have smaller sizes.

I remember looking at the denimbirds sie with her one day ,she said she liked nudies more for some reason.

Lukeitfc
6th August 2007, 02:26

It was less my love for them, and more the fact that I'd already stained her white sofa and bedsheets that week.

-nudiefive-
6th August 2007, 03:04
now nearly all my friends wear dry nudies..somehow makes me feel weird when all of us are walking in the city..

BlueOctoberFan
6th August 2007, 03:44
It was less my love for them, and more the fact that I'd already stained her white sofa and bedsheets that week.

I suppose that's a good reason to be a bit pissed... Simple solution, don't wear them in bed?

BlueOctoberFan
6th August 2007, 03:46
now nearly all my friends wear dry nudies..somehow makes me feel weird when all of us are walking in the city..

I can see where that would make you feel weird. A couple of months ago, I picked up my girlfriend for a trivia night that we were going to, and then we realized that we were both wearing fairly bright red shirts and khaki shorts. It felt very odd to be walking in to the bar.

Lukeitfc
6th August 2007, 11:15
I suppose that's a good reason to be a bit pissed... Simple solution, don't wear them in bed?

That works.:)

BlakFate
7th August 2007, 06:38
i have one other friend who loves dry denim, and ironically enough his older brother got me into dry denim.
my friends tend to dress very standard, AE/buffalo, and others are more inot high end brand names diesel r&r etc
and yet they all think i am stupid for spending money on jeans i cant wash
they think its un hygenic, which makes me extremely frustrated
because my flame straight svens, smell better then the jeans i do wash regualrly
they really think that buying crap jeans, (or overpriced/pre distressed jeans) is far more interesting then making your own art
i would rather wear a pair of jeans that is perfectly suited to my body because of my body

themars2112
3rd April 2008, 02:45
sb's
sagged levis
new era hats
and like stussy, crooks and 10 deep shirts...

it's unfortunate, but they need to grow up

BlueOctoberFan
3rd April 2008, 03:11
Everyone has their own styles... One guy wears things like CFAM, sweaters, nice shoes. Another always has dress shirt and slacks. Yet another almost never anything but cheap jeans and trashed t-shirts. Considering it now, I'm rather surprised at the range of styles in my group...

al3x24
3rd April 2008, 04:10
I remember looking at the denimbirds sie with her one day ,she said she liked nudies more for some reason.

My girlfriend wants to get a pair of dry's. I think she is Jealous of my nudies 8-) Do you know of a good place to get some denimbirds? I can't seem to find it anywhere online. I have checked revolve, context, denimbaronline. I may try to call denimbar and see if they can order it. Its tough here in Michigan

BlueOctoberFan
3rd April 2008, 04:33
Kitchener has a Tight Dry Stretch, but I don't know of any other on-line shops that carry them.

edit: I just found some on www.matthewizzo.com as well: http://www.matthewizzo.com/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=99&osCsid=e6821fd12972ed512ff784957e83713d

BeauIXI
3rd April 2008, 04:37

What the hell?

A lot of my friends I've turned to dry denim, and mostly Nudies. About.. Let's see, umm, nine or ten? And they all dress really well. Mostly kind of a revised indie style, but I mean, the Nudie buyers are pretty diverse.

It's pretty great when we get everyone together and hang out. Uniform butt pockets.

But some of the girls have Denimbirds. Either way, it's a real sensation.

ice13water
3rd April 2008, 06:31
my friends wear very main streem clothing.
i do to at times. their closets is filled with all AX ae abercrombie seven levis and such. i have some too but most of my clothes are clothes that no one else on the train will have the same shirt on type of clothes.
i only wear nudie jeans i have some old jeans for emergencies.

xander
3rd April 2008, 17:27
3 of my closet friends have turned to dry denim and all of them wear nudie.:p

adum
3rd April 2008, 18:36
Almost all my friends think dry denim is stupid, they think it's dumb to spend that much money on a pair of jeans. I tell them I'd rather have 1 really nice pair of jeans rather than the 5 pairs of pants they own. I don't really mind that they're not into it, I'd rather look more stylish than them.

al3x24
3rd April 2008, 20:13
Kitchener has a Tight Dry Stretch, but I don't know of any other on-line shops that carry them.

edit: I just found some on www.matthewizzo.com as well: http://www.matthewizzo.com/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=99&osCsid=e6821fd12972ed512ff784957e83713d

Thanks for the help! I think she is going to pick up some dry stretch's maybe i'll post up some pics...

BlueOctoberFan
3rd April 2008, 21:56
Cool. Always glad to help.

Howie
3rd April 2008, 22:15
My friends dress pretty boring... Mostly like Hoodie or Adidas track top and Jeans or some jogging bottoms and also 5/8 of the kids around here wear Adidas Superstars in boring clors like black and white.
And then of course there is all the gangster kids with their jeans around their knees and some XXL Tee or something silly.

I want to move.

offyatree
4th April 2008, 00:41
i've got two groups of friends, one is the typical diesel/RR/7S jeans with lacoste polo or fred perry and on top of that a fredd perry jacket or some classic working wool coat.

the other group is the very don't care about fashion at all, gap/levis/old navy jeans with any tees, hoodies( pullover or zip), skate shoes or sneakers. very canadian style!!!

Thomas.
5th April 2008, 06:17
"Why would I buy those jeans? I can buy 10 pairs from Big W for that price."

Afronaut
5th April 2008, 07:16
i live in calgary and pretty much all my friends wear dry denim
even lots of girls i know are into it
its pretty sweet seeing all these different people wearing their dry denim

tzenlip
15th April 2008, 06:53
"Why would I buy those jeans? I can buy 10 pairs from Big W for that price."

:-P quite true disregards the material :lol:

tillo
15th April 2008, 16:14
here in berlin quite a lot of people wear dry denim but i have only seen about 3 to 5 people wearing nudies. none of my friends were the i think its due to the price :mrgreen:

sundials
15th April 2008, 20:06
they sell nudies at aritzia...
which is like... the place where they sell TNA and stuff...
so now every girl wears nudies.

danielk50
15th April 2008, 21:10
Ha! I have terribly dressed friend! Levis/AE jeans a couples sizes too big with huge boring tee's. They all make "fun" of me because I wash my jeans once or twice a year but its all good, my denim looks 100x better than theirs! I'm trying to convince my girl to buy a pair of SSK's and she's half for it and half against it. She's not much of a denim persn overall though but at least she supports me through my obsession :)

Gregory
15th April 2008, 21:23
to the guy above me...what's wrong with levi's denim??

Anyways,
I'm one of three people in my town (that I've counted anyways) who wear dry denim. The other guy moved down here from Vancouver, and the other person is my girl (who just got into the dry thing after about a year of pressure from me haha, she's working on a brand spanking new pair of SSK's) The people who find out about my jeans are always excited to see the end result, however nobody is really all that keen on doing it themselves. It's almost better off that way though, considering I too came from Calgary, a city where almost every second person is wearing nudies or CM's.

BeauIXI
16th April 2008, 00:05
The other guy moved down here from Vancouver, and the other person is my girl (who just got into the dry thing after about a year of pressure from me haha, she's working on a brand spanking new pair of SSK's) It's almost better off that way though, considering I too came from Calgary, a city where almost every second person is wearing nudies or CM's.

Damn right he did!

Canadians love jeans.

pumper_rob
16th April 2008, 01:17
i'm from Torrance (pretty large suburb of L.A.) and NO ONE here seems to be into dry denim. I go to a high school with 2300+ people and me and one other kid in the whole school that I have seen are into dry/raw denim.

sundials
16th April 2008, 03:02
my girlfriend has a laugh at how interested I am in denim.
but shes a fashion freak her self.
and i know she's waiting for me to buy her some nudies...
shes just afraid to admit it after mocking me for so long.

k3vinfr3sh
24th April 2008, 21:32
most of my friends wear like random shit
but i try to get them into stuff i wear XD

rauwdauwert
25th April 2008, 14:56
one friend wears also nudies, the rest g-star, jack jones etc. :P

Bobbejaan
25th April 2008, 15:28
man all my friends are lame when ik comes to dry denims

rauwdauwert
25th April 2008, 16:45
cuz they want to wash their jeans?

Mamba24
25th April 2008, 21:17
so far im the only guy who wears dry denim..dnt think anyone else has the fortitude to understand the non-washing of it...

lilldavid
26th April 2008, 09:13
All my friends wear dry denim. none of them wear nudies though.

clou
28th April 2008, 09:42
My friends wear true religions, sevens, rock and republics, nudies, evisu, diesel, and levis. The ones that wear Evisu don`t even know what raw denim is...they just bought them because they`re expensive:roll: I kinda started the nudie trend at my school:-D

offyatree
28th April 2008, 10:05
The ones that wear Evisu don`t even know what raw denim is...they just bought them because they`re expensive:roll: I kinda started the nudie trend at my school:-D

i don't like people who buy expensive stuff just for the sake of showing off or coolness. it's lame, imo.

clou
28th April 2008, 10:36
word. note the rolling eyes smiley haha.

senyo
21st June 2008, 14:39
Most of my mates wear Nudie/Ksubi jeans. I dont like wearing any other jeans out really love Nudie and Ksubi too much to cheat on them with some cheap whore!

ice13water
22nd June 2008, 05:31
i have 2 friend that are gonna buy a pair of nudies as soon a they catch a pair "on sale"

the rest wear cheap denim or expencive but crap denim.
most of them wear decent shoes and tees

halohalo
24th June 2008, 05:07
my friends wear levis, old navy, gap, and AE. =[.

self edge
6th September 2008, 22:20
i don't like people who buy expensive stuff just for the sake of showing off or coolness. it's lame, imo.

agreed. just wear what you wanna wear. your clothes should reflect who you are, not how much money you've got.

BlakFate
8th September 2008, 03:48
agreed. just wear what you wanna wear. your clothes should reflect who you are, not how much money you've got.

i have a friend just like that and it makes me so angry. i mean you can lurk walmart and zellers and find some legitimately sweet shoes.

bboysaywhat
8th September 2008, 04:45
your clothes may or may not reflect who you are, it's your choice to use your clothing to try to define yourself.
isn't that where the hype comes from, a particular image you want to be, want to wear.

around my town, nudie is more and more popular by the day.

BlakFate
8th September 2008, 15:42
your clothes may or may not reflect who you are, it's your choice to use your clothing to try to define yourself.
isn't that where the hype comes from, a particular image you want to be, want to wear.

around my town, nudie is more and more popular by the day.

extremely quality post right there. thats the thing ive just never understood, is the idea to be a particular style to define your self. dress original to yourself and that defines you. i hate when someone tries to emulate guido, or urban, or indie; because its in or popular. dress in such a way that someone may get a vibe for who you are as a person from what you wear.

offyatree
8th September 2008, 18:38
i have a friend who definitely copies my style. he never wore any vans shoes in the past and now he starts wearing them, even he gets the exact same pair of shoes as mine and wear them when i am wearing that particular shoes. looks so uniform and annoying.

Durden
10th September 2008, 04:20
that calls for immediate call out and justified mockery.

my friends and i hate dressing like each other, so we've became a group of guys that at first look shouldn't be hanging around each other. one guy is wearing baggy jeans and xxl jordan tees, another dude walking around in basketball shorts all the time, another looking like he works at kohls (quit recently, lol), and im the jackass wearing tight jeans and slim ass shirts. it works for us.

Tiro
10th September 2008, 10:46
i have a friend who definitely copies my style. he never wore any vans shoes in the past and now he starts wearing them, even he gets the exact same pair of shoes as mine and wear them when i am wearing that particular shoes. looks so uniform and annoying.

punch him... or tell him to get the same size too and then, steal his shoes :mrgreen:

offyatree
10th September 2008, 11:58
punch him... or tell him to get the same size too and then, steal his shoes :mrgreen:

i think this friend of mine is still looking for his personal identity, that's why he copies other people's style.

JorickDD
11th September 2008, 12:57
One of my friends is also totally keen on nudies. He has a 5yo Loose Frank.

We will buy the same pair of Japanese Jeans soon and see which one will turn out best :)

My other friends buy expensive jeans most of the time but prewashes from Replay or G-Star, and regular tee's.

Tiro
11th September 2008, 13:00
any pics of that LF?

JorickDD
11th September 2008, 13:25
cant find one right now... Ill take a picture next time hes wearing them ;)

robots200
14th September 2008, 20:49
most of my friends just dress in whatever, but my best friend and I shop around, and look for style and stuff. he dresses kinda hipster, i guess

T1mL
17th September 2008, 14:50
my friends buy whatever they like :-P but not many have dry denim's:oops:

Phanthom
2nd February 2009, 02:45
My friend wore TFSS with a Fred Perry which i think suit him alot. Another wore a TFDS with Topman t-shirt. Amazingly, my classmate wore a Fred Perry Copy studying together with my friend that wore the real Fred Perry. Cheers!

TheMod
2nd February 2009, 13:14
My friend wore TFSS with a Fred Perry which i think suit him alot. Another wore a TFDS with Topman t-shirt. Amazingly, my classmate wore a Fred Perry Copy studying together with my friend that wore the real Fred Perry. Cheers!

Its quite shameful to know that people are wearing fake products right beside those real stuff. Worse off is passing off the fakes as real.

offyatree
21st March 2009, 06:15
a friend of mine just told me that his diesels are way better than my nudies or my other dry denims. he keeps admiring the vintage look of his diesels, especially when he could get that vintage look instantly without waiting for 6 months unwashed. well, whatever. wear your diesels, my friend.