PDA

View Full Version : Ksubis like Thin Finns

romanc87
2nd August 2007, 15:21
Long time lurker, first time poster. After loving my several pairs of Thin Finns for so long i decided on looking for jeans similar in cut but couldn't find anything to my likings. I bought a pair of Ksubi jeans that had the same low yolk and pocket position as Thin Finns in dry indigo. i took the legs in from the knee down and now in my opinion look strikingly similar to Thin Finns. opinions?

ps i posted this here rather than in other brands because of its reference to thin finns so don't bitch

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/romanc87/ksubinudie.jpg

cameland
2nd August 2007, 15:23
Can't say I'm really liking that fit on you to be honest. I don't think even sizing up would remedy this either. But if you digg it, you should wear it.

iwannudies
2nd August 2007, 15:39
I don't like the back pockets.

Gregory
2nd August 2007, 16:06
I second what Dom said...the fit looks off for some reason (kind of giving me a 1980's mom jean/carrot cut vibe, and not in an ironic/anti-fit kind of way)

Jakob
2nd August 2007, 16:06
Yeah, pockets are too big IMO.

Why not get the real deal? I bet there cheaper too.

Sarge
2nd August 2007, 16:10
You need to take it in from further up the leg otherwise you end up - as you have - with a slightly baggy knee area that looks weird. And those pockets are MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you take them in a bit around the knees they'll look a lot better though.

Gregory
2nd August 2007, 16:11
You need to take it in from further up the leg otherwise you end up - as you have - with a slightly baggy knee area that looks weird. And those pockets are MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you take them in a bit around the knees they'll look a lot better though.

I don't think he can really do much to save these, the pockets...as many have stated...are just too damn big.

josuke
2nd August 2007, 16:17
well there's always a bright side, u can put mostly EVERYTHING in the backpockets. lol, but yea i somehow dun like the fit and the backpockets (well big backpockets looks cool, but it's certainly too big)

romanc87
2nd August 2007, 16:23
thanks for the feedback, funny thing is the pockets are only 1mm taller and 2mm wider than thin finns pockets, and the same position on pants. I'll see how they look with the knees taken in a bit more thanks!

Sarge
2nd August 2007, 18:14
I was thinking that where they came down to on the back of your legs cant be far off where the thin finn pockets come down to. Perhaps if you draw something on the pockets (with watered down acrylic paint) or sew some patches on it'll detract from the fact they look so BIG.

Pressure Thief
2nd August 2007, 19:13
Those are the longest damn back pockets i have ever seen.
Don't count on Ksubi being a kickass dry pair.
They are fashion jeans.

jer1978oen
2nd August 2007, 19:20
i took the legs in from the knee down and now in my opinion look strikingly similar to Thin Finns. opinions?

Just how big is your cellphone ;-)

cameland
3rd August 2007, 05:49
For the record, I have seen these jeans on other people here in melbourne. And they don't look that bad....

iwannudies
3rd August 2007, 07:42
Well the pockets only look massive because they don't have any stitching on em. Are those pyramid cut or sth?

romanc87
3rd August 2007, 08:28
they are modrop hooters with the legs taken in. would love a pair of pyramids though i'm unsure how they will fit and i can only find them online.

joshyv
3rd August 2007, 11:03
are you from melbourne by any chance.. i disagree with ever1 i really like em. better than my finns anyday

deviousfool
6th August 2007, 18:03
i dislike ksubis cos of the fact that they're overpriced :shock:.. i think finns would definitely look better on u dude

sunpup
7th August 2007, 17:01
I like the TFs better--I really don't think these look like TFs--for one thing the rise is super long. Are you sure you measured the back pockets carefully? They really look much longer than TFs. It's all up to you, if you like how they feel on you then don't change them!