PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite Denim at the Moment?

deedee
30th July 2007, 01:15
Tell us whats your favourite Denim and Cut is at the moment?
Like Skull jeans, samurai jeans, sucar cane, apc, ald......

tigerx
31st July 2007, 06:16
nudie, and APC

snow plowman
31st July 2007, 09:08
Nudie jeans...I basically got converted to a raw denim fanatic.

I tend to like bootcut fits but slimjims are pretty cool

loste
31st July 2007, 10:29
My favourite cut of all time is RRDS, no doubt about it.

herfblack
31st July 2007, 11:07
Nudie and Iron Army

BlueOctoberFan
31st July 2007, 16:51
I <3 my ALD Royal Selvage... But, I'm sure once it's cold enough to wear them on a regular basis, my Samurai S0110XJ will be right up there. Here's to full cut jeans!

Legoland
31st July 2007, 16:58
samurai S0500xx lot 10 (like the contest jeans, yet not) just a loveley piece of clothing, the fading as you all (should) know is insense wherever it happens and the fit is pretty great. need a wash though stretching is starting to annoy me.

SonOfSteez
31st July 2007, 22:56
for the denim -- Skull 5010xx
for the cut -- APC NS

I love the fit of my ESDO from the front, but I have grown to HATE the fit on the back. I don't like the balloon ass that I get from the low yoke and low pockets (and the pockets are too big, IMO).

dave023
31st July 2007, 23:01
Right now: denime xx type 1

Arianuz
31st July 2007, 23:30
it still has to be my RRDG then...

but maybe my AJDBS is getting even more beautiful...

ides
1st August 2007, 00:09
Nudie, but I'm really crushing on Iron Army right now.

Tiro
1st August 2007, 01:59
dj-501xx, no competition

dave023
1st August 2007, 17:46
dj-501xx, no competition

Ooooohhhh...denime xx type is really big competition my friend;)

Sarge
1st August 2007, 19:32
My Thin Finns have been getting most rotation lately....other than that my levi's denim jacket.

Bobbejaan
2nd August 2007, 10:12
my Sugar Cane SC40200 and you won't believe it but other than those i wear my Jack & Jones very often. The selvage denim is very cheep but i love the cut.

But ill guess the Skulls are going to be my favorite.

Checker
2nd August 2007, 14:31
obviously, the thin finn is the best jeans ever :), preferably dry blacks, though i really like my grim tims too and slim jims arent bad either.

lilldavid
4th August 2007, 01:31
The rich color depth of my 555 LVC 1947 fascinates me and as I have been wearing them a lot lately, my Edwin made 1928 (1934) Lee 101B have been growing into being the other of my absolute favorites.

And the mixed indigo Hawaii's are developing a really interesting fade...

And the 2004 R LVC 505's are a fantastic cut...

And the Edwin made 1944 Lee 101B is a beautiful left hand denim...

I could go on and on...

btw. I was surprised by the cinch back ltd edition Pace, denim looks absolutely sensational! a lot better than the first ones...

cardcastleruins
4th August 2007, 04:52
My contest Skulls 50100's

Conifurious
4th August 2007, 05:26
I know, I know, the first commandment of mynudies protocol very clearly states that thou shalt not speak of popular pre-wash denim on the forum under punishment of severe mockery and verbal beating, but I'm going to take my chances tonight.

I tried on a pair of Diesel Zathans the other day at Bloomingdale's, just for kicks. DAMN well fitting jeans. I passed on them, but they were the best fit I've experienced since I first stepped into the Olas.

Currently, favorite cut. Tie between my Olas (which are getting more comfortable every day!) and those Zathans. Favorite Denim? Probably the Olas. The whole conforming to the body bit is really playing out now, it's amazing.

Nab
4th August 2007, 05:30
I'm wearing frontiers BB at the moment but my orange selvage are still the best.

iwannudies
4th August 2007, 05:53
It's alrite Coni I won't mock or verbally bash you, everyone can wear what they like, each person has different tastes and preferences. If you like the fit why not get some nice raw denim and get a tailor (or yourself in your case) to make a pair of the same fit?

OT my favourite cut is the ESOD and favourite denim is the dry black coated denim.

loste
4th August 2007, 06:01
i totally agree with you Coni that the Zathans are a good cut. I have a pair myself. Not worn much but sometimes. When i was sick the other week i wore them. I had a very high fever and didnt want to stink up my drys with sweat. Soetimes it is handy to have a pre wash lying around.

Conifurious
4th August 2007, 06:23
Sometimes it is handy to have a pre wash lying around.

Amen to that. I'm just glad to see some denim fans who see the occasional practicality (if nothing else) of a good quality pair of pre-washes, at least one.

As for tailoring my own Zathans? It's possible, but I am actually thinking about just picking up a single pair for keeps. Couldn't hurt, and it wouldn't divert my attention from the Olas, who have gotten my unrelenting attention for that last month and a half.

tennisINjeans
4th August 2007, 07:08
i am now wearing my imperial dukes and they are great

iwannudies
4th August 2007, 07:52
I have plenty of leftover pre-washes from before I got into dry denim.

Yeah imperial dukes are a great pair of jeans. I'm jealous, I'm still short of a hundred bucks for a pair. Need to get a job :(

tennisINjeans
4th August 2007, 17:23
yeah they are expensive but i got them during the context 50% sale

iwannudies
5th August 2007, 06:23
Lucky bastard. I missed out on that sale. I tried them on today, denim is stiff as hell and love the fit. Turns out the ones i tried out have the old patch on em.

BlakFate
8th August 2007, 05:46
its funny right now my favorite cut are these random jeans i picked up at the local winners because i thought they looked cool
its a slight flare, and fits very well in the thighs
as for high quality brands, i reall ylove my slim jims, and i like rock and republic fits for prewashed

loste
8th August 2007, 09:17
you got some DJs too???

loste
8th August 2007, 10:10
cant wait too.
i am guessing they will be my new favourite pair of denim.

theLorax
9th August 2007, 08:41
ive sampled all kinds of denim from everywhere, but the nudie rrds is still my fav.

Tiro
9th August 2007, 17:46
you got some DJs too???

didn't you hear? everyone jumped the wagon... :mrgreen:

ExileOnMainStreet
9th August 2007, 19:32
i didn't know jeans with a gay flappy piece of cowhide had their own bandwagon

Tiro
9th August 2007, 19:33
did you see the word cool anywhere in my post? I don't think so... :-P
that is just the reaction I hate, these jeans are not about being cool, why don't people get that ish...
these jeans are about the love for denim and you can hardly denie (deny?) the 'wagon jumping' effect that has been started...

actually, there are enough people on this board that did get these with all the right reasons in their head, I cannot denie that either... but clearly, the wagon effect did have it's part...

as for being cool, having a dj-501xx does not make you cool, no matter when you got it, creating the dj-501xx, now that is something that makes you cool! :mrgreen:
Also, what does it matter if I think you are cool, I know alot of people that I consider cool and they don't give monkey balls about dry denim...
cool is something you are from birth, you do not become it, it does not have anything to do with your clothes or interests imho...

(damn, sorry for the long stretched babbling, I'm bored out of my mind here)

Tiro
9th August 2007, 19:34

altho, I don't share your opinion on the jeans, I am actually charmed by this post, a guy with an own idea, no matter what other people think, kudos mate :mrgreen:

Conifurious
9th August 2007, 19:43
You're pretty easily impressed it seems. ;)

Tiro
9th August 2007, 19:50
You're pretty easily impressed it seems. ;)

why Coni, a man as well spoken as thou, must know that, nothing is ever quite what it seems... :mrgreen:
btw, I did not say impressed, I said charmed :-P

Conifurious
9th August 2007, 20:04
Aha, all about those little details...

And where are you getting all these smileys?! All the old ones have stopped working. :(

:) ;) :D 8)

loste
9th August 2007, 20:06

That patch is the most original patch i have ever seen. I think it is great.
I like it when it is abit different.

Tiro
9th August 2007, 20:15
Aha, all about those little details...

And where are you getting all these smileys?! All the old ones have stopped working. :(

:) ;) :D 8)

advanced input mode mate... I dunno why just putting in ':wink:' isn't working anymore tho, real weird...

cabl3, congratulations on what if I may ask you?

btw, to be brutally honest, I got these jeans originally, because of the denim and the cut, the patch was def. not one of my fav. design features and neither were the star rivets, they seemed very OTT to me at that point...
however now, I have come to love the patch and those rivets, seeing them in person did make a huge difference.

btw, these are not expensive at all imho

Conifurious
9th August 2007, 20:24
Congratulations on what? On being Tiro!

*Cough* suck up *Cough*

:p

Conifurious
9th August 2007, 20:34
Lol, just playing with ya. (imagine a winking smiley inside these parenthesis).