PDA

View Full Version : Combs vs. Creases (IMO big difference)

Gregory
27th July 2007, 08:38
Ok so I'm just going to put this out there...
I've been browsing this forum for a minute now, checking out pictures as people post them up, and noticing something that has become a little bit of a pet-peeve. Honycombs occur when you get creasing in the back of the leg, where your knee bends...and the wear pattern begins to actually resemble that of a honeycomb. Now those of us who wear skinny/tight fitting denim, don't really achieve honeycombs, but rather creases. If the denim is tight, it won't achieve the diamond/criss-cross look that forms the honeycomb pattern, it will just crease (which still looks cool all be it) but yes...not the same (so stop referring to your creases as combs)

http://www.mynudies.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2913&c=12 (example of creasing)
http://www.mynudies.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2088&c=9 (honeycombs)

Am I right or am I right? (correct me if I'm wrong)

PS. if you want to see real combs, look at Cameland's avatar.

Conifurious
27th July 2007, 08:47
So we are allowed to refer to our combs as creases, but not our creases as combs unless said creases are particularly comb-ey?

I think...I missed an exit.

If this is an opinion request sort of thing, then frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. Call them elderberry shrubberies if it suits you.

Gregory
27th July 2007, 08:52
You did miss an exit, let me help you comprehend what I was saying...

Yes, honeycombs ARE in fact creases, but the end result is a wear pattern that resembles the look of a honeycomb (hence the name) When skinny jeans crease, this pattern doesn't exist, so in all reality you are not achieving honeycombs...yet people refer to them as such anyways. I'm not saying you aren't allowed to do so, I'm just saying that you are mistaken.

Conifurious
27th July 2007, 09:09
Right then. Well not to pry, but if you really want to get wrapped up in these technicalities, then I suppose I should say that I never really saw the resemblance in the first place. *Shrug*

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/Your_enigma/7c1aaed56fa3899aace44b850a1c0e7b1.jpg VS http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/Your_enigma/800px-Honeycombs-rayons-de-miel-41.jpg

Just toying with you at this point. I honestly can't say much on the matter, nor can I say that I disagree with you. The intent of your argument is clear enough, and makes enough sense to be plausible. Just the same, I can only again reiterate the fact that I personally don't give a flying arcturian mega donkey's left kidney what one calls them, so long as they look very nice. ;)

But if it makes the Nudie world a better place, I will govern my tongue in regards to comb/crease conduct. :D

cameland
27th July 2007, 09:58
I don't care what people call it, so long as they look good. I've seen some really ugly "combs" in my time as well.

bilmaga
27th July 2007, 14:44
I just call all of the behind the knee creases "combs". I helps refer to what I am talking about. Just like "whiskers"

Nudie actually calls them fishnets.

I will now call them "knee kisses" and "lap explosions"

superslim_zac
27th July 2007, 15:33
ha. I physically just laughed out loud. Knee Kisses and Lap Explosions is now what I'm calling them.

Honeycombs term started in reference to the pattern found on looser jeans, but it's not gonna get a new term just cos they're straight.

Combs is a colloquial term for the behind the knee creases...thats agreed?

From now on it's knee kisses anyway.

Tiro
27th July 2007, 15:55
I don't care what people call them and I also tend to refer to them as combs...
BUT Gregory IS infact right in what he says :mrgreen:

tennisINjeans
27th July 2007, 16:09
I will now call them "knee kisses" and "lap explosions"

i like the name

cameland
27th July 2007, 17:16
:evil: EVERYONE MUST CALL THEM KNEE KISSES FROM NOW ON. :evil:

iwannudies
27th July 2007, 18:11
Actually, the correct term for the back of your knees is popliteal fossa. Hence they really should be popliteal fossa kisses. ;)

Conifurious
27th July 2007, 18:20
Oh dear. :rolleyes:

I think we should all have individual names for our respective honeycombs and refer to them as such so no one ever has any idea what the hell anyone is talking about. In which case, more power to the creativity of bilmaga and iwannudies.

elderberry shrubberies suits me fine. :D

Sobot
18th August 2007, 01:36
I've always called my creases "mutton". Is that weird?

BlueOctoberFan
18th August 2007, 01:37
And why would you use a meat-related term to talk about creases in fabric?

Sobot
18th August 2007, 01:47
And why would you use a meat-related term to talk about creases in fabric?

in all honesty... it was the first word that came to mind.

Tiro
18th August 2007, 01:47
I've always called my creases "mutton". Is that weird?

well, yes it is

Sobot
18th August 2007, 01:49
well, good. I think the name should stick.

"KILLER MUTTON ON THE KAIS BRO!"