PDA

View Full Version : mistake in tagging jeans?

ceza
25th July 2007, 07:47
i've had my thin finns for five months now and i see very little contrast. i've worn them every single day of the five months and i've slept in them a handful of times aswell. the tag says "dry" but they're not blue at all and look just like the dry black photos i've seen around here. :(

taken at about three months:
http://i14.tinypic.com/543t2tg.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/67n71c7.jpg

most recent:
http://i17.tinypic.com/673op47.jpg

http://i19.tinypic.com/4pbr8nq.jpg

http://i15.tinypic.com/5218dq8.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/4q549qa.jpg

i have friends with an ssk and another with a finn too and both have said that their jeans had much more significant fadings in 5 months than mine have.

billiamphan
25th July 2007, 07:55
Those are definitely dry black finns. Black denim fades a lot slower, so that is probably why you dont see lots of contrasts and such.

joshwhite
25th July 2007, 07:57
they look black to me too

ceza
25th July 2007, 08:00
i got them from this thread in market place too.

http://www.mynudies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3869

weird how the tag just says "dry" though.

man was i jipped. :(

Conifurious
25th July 2007, 08:04
Jipped? Just keep wearing them just as you always have and in a while, they will turn out beautifully!

And that my friends, was a dash of optimism. ;)

joshwhite
25th July 2007, 08:13
Jipped? Just keep wearing them just as you always have and in a while, they will turn out beautifully!

And that my friends, was a dash of optimism. ;)

Just keep wearing something you didn't want but payed for and be happy about it. Brilliant...

ceza
25th July 2007, 08:15
i have no choice BUT to keep wearing but i never did like the dry blacks. >:[

Conifurious
25th July 2007, 08:30
Just keep wearing something you didn't want but payed for and be happy about it. Brilliant...

Actually, it's called a logical compromise. Particularly when you consider that he is well beyond the point of a possible return. And more so, that he "seemed" fairly content with his purchase up until this realization.

Honestly, what else can one do?

loste
25th July 2007, 08:44
it is very strange it took you 5 months to figure out they were dry blacks when you dont like dry blacks. I would think you knew what theyd look like since you say you do not like the look of dry blacks.
Nudies tags are often incomplete. They will still turn out great.
Strange that the seller did not notice they were dry blacks too.

joshwhite
25th July 2007, 08:52
Actually, it's called a logical compromise. Particularly when you consider that he is well beyond the point of a possible return. And more so, that he "seemed" fairly content with his purchase up until this realization.

Honestly, what else can one do?

Sell them.

Conifurious
25th July 2007, 08:54
it is very strange it took you 5 months to figure out they were dry blacks when you dont like dry blacks.

This was a point I was thinking about as well.

I met a White zebra with black stripes 5 months ago. 5 months later, I found out it was a black zebra with white stripes. Things were never the same...:(

Conifurious
25th July 2007, 08:56
Sell them.

Would it fetch a worthy price? I ask genuinely, I wouldn't know. If so, then I suppose I don't see a reason why not.

bilmaga
25th July 2007, 09:03
The reason the seller might not have known, is because he never had the jeans in his possession.

He was selling them for Tobe's parents (older members know who I am talking about). He probably asked Tobe's mother to read the tags to him.

Don't blame Stefan, he wasn't trying to rip you off. Blame yourself for taking half of a year to figure out that your jeans are black.

ceza
25th July 2007, 09:04
it didn't take me 5 months to figure it out. i was suspicious when i first got them. i just decided to wait it out. i was just too lazy to attempt to resell or make a thread about it.

josuke
25th July 2007, 09:05
Would it fetch a worthy price? I ask genuinely, I wouldn't know. If so, then I suppose I don't see a reason why not.

yea same here,, i dun think selling them is a good idea,, 1st the price won't be attractive, 2nd u have wasted the 5 months effort of breaking the jeans,, well just continue with the black, u never know wat this thing gonna turned into anyway. it might turn out pretty good,,

bilmaga
25th July 2007, 09:06
Then I guess you only have yourself to blame.

People have to learn to stop passing the buck.

joshwhite
25th July 2007, 09:07

Well he can always lie (like the guy who sold them to him) and say they're new.

joshwhite
25th July 2007, 09:09
Then I guess you only have yourself to blame.

When in this thread did he ever blame the seller?

bilmaga
25th July 2007, 09:10
:-x

The seller didn't lie.

Now I'm getting pissed off.

Proves to show that you should never try to help out the parents of one of your best friends who passed away. You might get shit on because of it.

joshwhite
25th July 2007, 09:13
The reason the seller might not have known, is because he never had the jeans in his possession.

He was selling them for Tobe's parents (older members know who I am talking about). He probably asked Tobe's mother to read the tags to him.

Don't blame Stefan, he wasn't trying to rip you off. Blame yourself for taking half of a year to figure out that your jeans are black.

What do you have to support this theory?
Also, how could he not have had the jeans in his possesion if he shipped them?

bilmaga
25th July 2007, 09:14

I guess saying "getting gypped" isn't blaming at all. My mistake.

ceza
25th July 2007, 09:16

probably referring to me saying i got jipped. i meant by nudie jeans, not the seller if that's the misconception. and guys, i'm not an idiot. these are my first pair of nudies and only the second i've actually seen in real life but i had already established that my jeans were black, and of course i decided to stick with them since i've had them for five months. my main inquiry was about nudie messing up on tags.

bilmaga
25th July 2007, 09:20
What do you have to support this theory?
Also, how could he not have had the jeans in his possesion if he shipped them?

Well, first off, I talk to Stefan alot (outside the forum)

It all started when I asked a question about the measurements about the diors.

He said "since I don't have the jeans, I will have to ask Tobe's mom to measure them, and I will get back to you"

Once I got the measurements, I purchased them. I paypaled the money to Tobe's mom in Germany (stefan lives in the Netherlands)

Oddly enough, the Jeans arrived to me, shipped from a German address (go figure)

Is that a good enough theory ;)

I guess Tobe's mom needs an education on dry vs. dry blacks.

bilmaga
25th July 2007, 09:26
probably referring to me saying i got jipped. i meant by nudie jeans, not the seller if that's the misconception.

Yes, that was the misconception. I assumed that since you bought the jeans from a member, that it would be him you were blaming, not the jean company.

Sorry for jumping the gun.

joshwhite
25th July 2007, 09:32
Like I said he never blamed the seller.

Bottom Line:
If someone sells something they should know what they're selling.
(I don't think that's asking much)

bilmaga
25th July 2007, 09:32
If someone is selling a product they need to sell what they say they're selling - simple as that.

I think that's what he figured he did.

bilmaga
25th July 2007, 09:34

Bottom Line:

Well, then blame nudie on that error.

Unless you paid for his plane ticket to Germany just so he could make sure that they were in fact dry black.

iwannudies
25th July 2007, 11:27

Bottom Line:

Read this

Well, first off, I talk to Stefan alot (outside the forum)

It all started when I asked a question about the measurements about the diors.

He said "since I don't have the jeans, I will have to ask Tobe's mom to measure them, and I will get back to you"

Once I got the measurements, I purchased them. I paypaled the money to Tobe's mom in Germany (stefan lives in the Netherlands)

Oddly enough, the Jeans arrived to me, shipped from a German address (go figure)

Is that a good enough theory ;)

I guess Tobe's mom needs an education on dry vs. dry blacks.

In simple language, he was helping Tobe's mom. Jeez Stefan lost his friend and his mum lost a son, do you think they did it on purpose? It was a mistake. Anyway the OP was talking about Nudie not the seller anywayz. But he made good progress on those, looking good to me.

loste
25th July 2007, 11:36
You blacks will turn out great. I have seen some broken in dry blacks and they are really kickass. Havent seen alot, guess not that many are so devoted that they take the time that it actually takes to break theese in. dunno...keep on rocking them dude.
And Nudie messes up with the tags alot.

And what does this means Justin? I am not familiar with that frase. wish i knew english better.

josuke
25th July 2007, 11:57
And what does this means Justin? I am not familiar with that frase. wish i knew english better.

i even dun understand most of the things they said,, i think i should take more english classes.

superslim_zac
25th July 2007, 12:04
'Passing the buck' is meaning passing the blame or responsibility, for example if I smashed a glass at home and told my mum it was my dog...thats passing the buck. Haha.

That make sense?

loste
26th July 2007, 11:45
yes it did, thanx man.