PDA

View Full Version : Making the WAYWT thread "no chat"

Gregory
25th July 2007, 02:10
Ok,
so I brought up this idea the other day while browsing the thread and finding it flooded with chat that had little to nothing to do with the actual topic of the thread itself (being..what are you wearing today?) So I posed the idea of making the thread fits only, no chat. I realize that this may sound a little elitist to some, or some of you may be thinking I should take my attitude over to SuFu, but I honestly think that if the chit chat was kept to a minimum (and ON TOPIC) then the thread would be much more fun to browse.

So here, I'll let you all vote, and perhaps we can make something happen, I'm not trying to come off as an asshole, I just think it would be better for the community as a whole.

Greg.

WolfLikeMe
25th July 2007, 02:39
this is an interesting poll but one i really don't have an opinion on. i really do enjoy the fit pics just as equally as the conversation, so i just voted in the "pretentious asshole" field for fun. btw greg, your avatar is awesome :wink:

Conifurious
25th July 2007, 02:53
Greg, I love all of these choices.

loste
25th July 2007, 05:46
i see no harm in comments, but when flooded with chat wich is way of topic it gets a bit boring.

bilmaga
25th July 2007, 05:51
I also like comments and questions about the outfit.

Going off topic seems to happen alot in any thread. Even you yourself Gregory have gone off of the beaten path in thread topics (most likely due to me though)

Gregory
25th July 2007, 07:52
Oh shit I go off the beaten all the time, but I try not to in the waywt thread. You do get me all hopped up on the idea of shipping over some Tahiti Treat though, so I blame you (partially haha)

bilmaga
25th July 2007, 07:57
Yeah, all it takes is one off topic comment, and the whole thread changes. Sometimes for the better though.

But I also understand your reasoning for the waywt thread.

Ghost
25th July 2007, 09:05
Yeah seriously, let it be.

Who cares. Besides it's only a select few that post themselves up anyways, if it were just the way you want it, it would be pretty dead. Discussion is good as long as it's positive.

loste
25th July 2007, 10:19
yeah, that is true ghost. It would have been dead.

iwannudies
25th July 2007, 10:33
Just let it be, what's the point of posting WAYWT pics if you don't get constructive feedback.

kjyuan
25th July 2007, 11:49
stop being lazy and post pictures!... err man. hypocritcal of me saying it since i haven't uploaded mines yet. xP

Tiro
25th July 2007, 17:47
Just let it be, what's the point of posting WAYWT pics if you don't get constructive feedback.

feedback is fine, but it gets kinda boring browsing for 2-3 pages of nonsense before you'll find 1 pic...

anywho, people should post up more pics! :mrgreen:

WolfLikeMe
25th July 2007, 21:35
Yeah seriously, let it be.

Who cares. Besides it's only a select few that post themselves up anyways, if it were just the way you want it, it would be pretty dead. Discussion is good as long as it's positive.

feedback is fine, but it gets kinda boring browsing for 2-3 pages of nonsense before you'll find 1 pic...

anywho, people should post up more pics! :mrgreen:

both of these are really good arguments. there's gotta be a happy medium somewhere right?:D

Gregory
26th July 2007, 00:23
If comments are kept short/on topic it's fine, however off topic conversations and 3 page rambles kind of take away from the thread.
No comments whatsoever would make for a boring thread, agreed, and I never said that I wanted to do away with comments/criticism...just no more off topic bullshit.

cameland
26th July 2007, 01:39
I voted I don't care because I honestly don't but this kinda stuff doesnt usually bother me because I've set it to show 40 posts on one page which means I don't have to see a whole page of chat, I can just scroll till I see a fit. Thats what I do on sufu as well.

drydenimbabeeh
26th July 2007, 01:45
And I agree with you 100% Came ;)

PeterFrampton
26th July 2007, 02:52
I didn't read the first few pages of this thread, but if by chat you mean: "LOL, that band is the shit, nice shirt man. Yeah man i saw the mars ****ing volta in concert the other day they ruled. Yeah nice shirt, lol" Then **** chat. But if by chat you mean talking in the WAYWT thread about things relevant to the fits: "Dude that shirt is way too tight. No way man I like my shirts tight. I think shirts should be tight but not too tight, etc ,etc" Then chat is essential.

The one thing that I think NEEDS to cease is the shit where people come into the thread and simply say what they're wearing.

"Today: Nudie TFDBC, Armani Codpiece, Gucci Socks, Metallica T-shirt"
Doesn't matter if we can't see how cool/dumb you look in your ****ing clothes.

cameland
26th July 2007, 03:00
The one thing that I think NEEDS to cease is the shit where people come into the thread and simply say what they're wearing.

I don't agree with the first part of what you said but I agree with you completely on this point. Its just like, useless!

bilmaga
26th July 2007, 03:04
I agree with this as well. Useless chit chat is more constructive than a bunch of photoless posts just saying what you are wearing.

Post a pic, or don't bother at all.

bilmaga
26th July 2007, 06:32
vicious circle ain't it ;)

bilmaga
26th July 2007, 06:49
very much so...currently updating the thread myself...do me a favor and go check it out!

Just did. Also I helped clean the clutter a bit ;)

Now you go see.

bilmaga
26th July 2007, 07:19
See Gregory, we are now keeping the waywt thread clean, and junking up yours.

It is a disease :lol:

iwannudies
26th July 2007, 08:51

Agreed. Stop wasting my time. I want to see fit pics.

Jakob
28th July 2007, 12:12
Seems like an o.k. idea, BUT...

I wouldn't post pics if i couldnt get feedback. I think thats the main reason for posting? You see...

M!ch
28th July 2007, 19:25
Maybe it would be a good idea to make the thread like the today i'm wearing thread on Crooked Tongues.
The comment to the pictures can be edited in a panel next to the picture.
That way it's easy for everyone to see to what pic the comment relates and you don't have to scroll back a few pages each time.

bilmaga
28th July 2007, 21:08
That is why I asked about a section in the photos

You can comment on each pic, and the comments/questions will relate to each picture.

bilmaga
28th July 2007, 21:31
It would just be another section in the photo gallery.

M!ch
30th July 2007, 21:28
That is why I asked about a section in the photos

You can comment on each pic, and the comments/questions will relate to each picture.

That sounds like a great idea.

It does require that the photo quality of the pics that can be uploaded is good.
Only downside is that it would clog up the server with more images, i don't know if that would eventually become a problem in future.

Nudzorz
30th July 2007, 21:41
I like the gallery idea, but it seems to me like people are more comfortable hosting their own pics, knowing they can delete them easily if they ever feel it necessary.

loste
31st July 2007, 10:07
i just have to add that it is not only the WAYWT thread that gets flooded with offtopic chat, alot of threads have been like that lately. And that makes it harder to find the good info in the threads if there are over half of the thread with offtopic stuff(abit over the top,but).

Nudzorz
31st July 2007, 11:14
i just have to add that it is not only the WAYWT thread that gets flooded with offtopic chat, alot of threads have been like that lately. And that makes it harder to find the good info in the threads if there are over half of the thread with offtopic stuff(abit over the top,but).

I think thats because this is such a friendly community.

(just don't start threads)

iwannudies
31st July 2007, 11:19
Well there is the chat topic thread you know, for off topic stuff.

cameland
31st July 2007, 11:24
Mynudies has always been off topic heaven, if youve been here for long enough you'd know that.

bilmaga
31st July 2007, 14:38
Mynudies has always been off topic heaven, if youve been here for long enough you'd know that.

I wouldn't want it any other way ;)