PDA

View Full Version : thin finn shiny grey

evo0o
21st July 2007, 15:39
i don't know if this is a new wash or not, but i was wondering if anyone has it?

i just got one pair yesterday and was wondering if it's dry denim, because it doesn't have the usual nudie "dry denim use for 6 months before wash" tag.

also the material feels a bit softer than my slim jim dry japans; will this cause any difference in the forming of honeycombs?

iwannudies
21st July 2007, 16:00
Where'd you get it from? If it doesn't have that dry denim tag I'm pretty sure its a prewash.

kolourhero
21st July 2007, 16:04
i don't know if this is a new wash or not, but i was wondering if anyone has it?

i just got one pair yesterday and was wondering if it's dry denim, because it doesn't have the usual nudie "dry denim use for 6 months before wash" tag.

also the material feels a bit softer than my slim jim dry japans; will this cause any difference in the forming of honeycombs?

denim doesn't have to be dry to have honeycombs.........

bilmaga
21st July 2007, 22:11
Post pics.

Does the leather patch look wrinkled up a bit?

Ghost
21st July 2007, 22:37
I would love a TF Grey Coated actually... :D

evo0o
22nd July 2007, 02:51
Post pics.

Does the leather patch look wrinkled up a bit?

what leather patch? is it the one with the N at the back of the jeans? if so, it isn't wrinkled.

looks exactly like this: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/rhino/715270/1857091/

bilmaga
22nd July 2007, 03:10
I was expecting something totally different.

These are a pre-wash. You will get no nice contrast and fading.

Buy dry if you want that.

Gregory
22nd July 2007, 03:14
I also checked out that link expecting to see something interesting, and am now rather dissapointed. I think that wash looks like ass.

bilmaga
22nd July 2007, 03:21
Yeah, I was expecting to see something grey and/or shiny. I wonder why?

Ghost
22nd July 2007, 04:04
I was expecting something totally different.

These are a pre-wash. You will get no nice contrast and fading.

Buy dry if you want that.

Ditto. Wow that was totally unexpected!

iwannudies
22nd July 2007, 06:15
Same here, almost looked like Used Black to me :(

bilmaga
22nd July 2007, 06:28
Looks more blue to me than black/grey

iwannudies
23rd July 2007, 11:38
Have just received an email from the Nudie Jeans Co. shop in Oz, there are new models in store, sneak peak in the email includes TF shiny grey, Long John Super Blue and Slim Jim Clean Jean.

josuke
23rd July 2007, 13:27
Have just received an email from the Nudie Jeans Co. shop in Oz, there are new models in store, sneak peak in the email includes TF shiny grey, Long John Super Blue and Slim Jim Clean Jean.

how can you get a newsletter from them? omg i think i will go to nudie stores again this thursday.. *coz i'll be around there*, gonna check for new styles. LOL thanks for the info iwan. ;)

iwannudies
23rd July 2007, 13:55
Buy a pair of jeans from them, and they will ask you for your email. If they forget, remind them ;) Cut and pasted the email here, without pics though.

NudieJeans Co.

New Collection In Stores Now
(a sneak peak at a few of the new washes!)...

(Insert photos of TF Shiny Grey, LJ Super Blue and SJ Clean Jean here)

New Collection includes new Nudie denim, apparel and accessories arriving DAILY !!

Nudie Jeans Melbourne
2/190 Lt Collins St
Melbourne, 3000
(03) 9650 0373

Nudie Jeans Sydney
35 William St
Paddington, 2021
(02) 9332 1388

www.nudiejeans.com

bilmaga
23rd July 2007, 14:28
Yay, more pre-washes :rolleyes:

veedman
30th August 2007, 04:25
Trying to find the better fit for these.

The 31s are just tight and wrapping around my thighs, i dont know if they will stretch much since they are pre washed... but the 32s are super comfy. Any ideas guys?

tennisINjeans
30th August 2007, 04:37
how could that pair be mistaken for being dry. if he had a pair of japans he should know what dry denim looks like.

johants
30th August 2007, 13:39
I know this might be a little bit off the topic but I need to ask. I have tried on the tf shiny grey sometime last week, I tried on the 30/32, which is the same size that I wear for my tf dry. For some reason it feels tighter than my tf dry, then I found out that it was 100% cotton rather than 98% cotton. The question now is, do you think it will stretch like the dry ones? or should I go with my normal size which is 31/32. Ow, and I have one of tf prewashed with 98% cotton sz 31/32 and it is a bit loose coz of the stretch...

So should I go with 30/32 or 31/32 with the 100% cotton tf shiny grey?

Cheerio guys

bilmaga
30th August 2007, 14:26
The pre wash was tighter because it has been washed before. If the both are a size 30, the pre-wash will measure a true 30, whereas your dry finns will be close to a 31.

The dry ones are supposed to shrink to tag size after you wash them.

kja6
31st August 2007, 20:50
I bought a pair of these Thin Finn Shiny Greys from Barney's in New York City. They cost a little more than the dry denim TFs but I think they look nice. That picture whomever posted makes that wash look nastier than it is. Give this wash a chance people. It's nice and I love mine.

But yah, to answer your question, which probably has already gotten answered: they are pre-washed and are not dry/raw denim. The more you wash them, the more pure blue in colour they will get.

Nudzorz
1st September 2007, 11:34
The more you wash them, the more pure blue in colour they will get.

What are you talking about?

drydenimbabeeh
1st September 2007, 14:06
I would love a TF Grey Coated actually... :D

Hell yes!
That would be so awesome :O

Sparwen
1st September 2007, 16:23
What did you guys pay for your pair of TF shiny grey?
I paid 1200SEK ($174/£86/€128) for mine today and thought I would check around to see what it costed at other places, but all I could find was a design store in NY which sold them for $265...

Edit: Do they bleed?
It didn't have any warning tag, but I'd hate risking to ruin my beatiful white tees.

kja6
3rd September 2007, 02:55
What are you talking about?

They come kind of like a dirty-ish blue with a tad bit of green hue to it. They'll obviously lose this green-ish tone with washing.

Like, if you've ever owned a pair of GAP dirty-blue jeans... they aren't so dirty blue and look just regular blue after washing.

SOrry if I tripped you out.

craiggg
13th September 2007, 00:05
Where'd you get it from? If it doesn't have that dry denim tag I'm pretty sure its a prewash.

i have some slim jim dry greycast without that tag..

ShaunB
30th September 2007, 19:07
Yeah, I think these are the ones I was going to get but out of my price range haha. So I decided to buy some SJAO :D

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/product.s?productId=537310&source=category&index=0&prodIndex=0&listSize=8&categoryId=522292