PDA

View Full Version : Big butt in a Thinn Finn

bradbarbour
8th July 2007, 04:42
Okay I've seen mostly skinny guys with not much of a butt wearing thinn finns with a slight sag to them. I'm pretty skinny at 140 pounds and 5'9" but I have a rather large butt! Does anyone else with a butt wear thinn finns? I'm trying to figure out between them and the slim jim but not sure. I'm just scared I wouldn't get my desired look (slim with saggy butt) with my body shape.

cardcastleruins
8th July 2007, 04:56
Not sure what kind of butt your talking about but I would go with slim jim. Cuz if the top half is bigger the taper of the finn might make it look weird. Besides Slims Jimsare great. Get a Japan.

bradbarbour
8th July 2007, 05:00
I guess what I mean is that I don't have a very "flat" butt. I have more of a "bubble" butt. Hope that clears it up a little, thanks for the feedback.

bilmaga
8th July 2007, 05:00
Get a steven.

A bigger finn for those with a ghetto booty ;)

bradbarbour
8th July 2007, 05:02
Aren't they bigger in the legs though?

bilmaga
8th July 2007, 05:04
yup.

But, maybe since the finns have a diaper ass, it might conceal it better than the jims?

bradbarbour
8th July 2007, 05:07
Yeah my body sucks! I've got really skinny legs and a ghetto booty. The jim shows it off but maybe I should just go with jims but size up one more or something. Thanks for all the suggestions. I want to loose my nudie virginity the right pair!

bilmaga
8th July 2007, 05:12
Do you have the ability to try on any?

If not, buy from revolve. They have free return shipping, so buy a jim and a finn, and return the one you don't like.

Or return them both and buy a cheaper pair somewhere else ;)

bradbarbour
8th July 2007, 05:17
I live in North Carolina in the US and none of our boutiques carry Nudie so I'm out of luck with trying any on. I've tried the Jims on in a 28 (the ones from Context that the button broke off which Ryan, as cool of a guy is he is let me return them). I loved them if they would've been a 29 but I just think I want more of a taper. I might try what you said and just order two though.

bilmaga
8th July 2007, 05:27
I remember the button story.

Why don't you get the 29 jims and get them tapered?

bilmagio
8th July 2007, 05:28
Order from revolve, find the right size for your butt and waist, and take it to your local tailor to taper it a bit!

bradbarbour
8th July 2007, 05:29
Yeah I've seen success stories with that but had a pair of my jeans ruined by doing that with the "most reputable tailor" in my city. So I guess I'd be nervous to try that again. I may just take your advice and order both and return the other. Thanks for your help man!

cameland
8th July 2007, 07:45
Maybe you can take them to the worst tailor in your town with better luck? :lol: Usually though with tailors, go into a jeans store or any high end fashion store and just ask them "who is the best tailor in this city" and they will know or should know at least.

I think if your after more of a taper than a jim, but you have bubble butt (lol) you should get a sized down steven or alternatively an average joe since when you sag the ass your pockets won't be behind your knees so much.

Nudzorz
8th July 2007, 08:57
Am I the only one that things an AJ would be perfect here?

cameland
8th July 2007, 09:00
He needs to post pictures. But yeah I was thinking joe as well. Although they don't taper from the knee down.

WolfLikeMe
8th July 2007, 09:01
Am I the only one that things an AJ would be perfect here?

or a slim kim , depending on whether or not he or she is trying to accent their ghetto "badonkadonk". but yeah if you have an @$$ like you describe, i would stay far away from finns, i have almost your same measurements but without the butt and my finns are amazing, but i feel it could all be undone with the addition of a bit more junk in the trunk.

bilmaga
8th July 2007, 09:02
He said he wanted slim legs.

When I suggested the steven to him, he thought the legs would be too loose.

That would make "no for Joe" (see what no sleep is doing to me)

Nudzorz
8th July 2007, 09:26
You're right, i forgot AJ was more like a ralf.

But looking at the ES again, those are slim with really low pockets, I mean the guy in the fit guide has no signs of an ass. So I'm gonna suggest taking another look at ES!

bilmaga
8th July 2007, 09:30
That's the spirit.

How about he tapers the legs of the steven.

Then it will be a finn for large posteriors.

Now I have the song "baby got back" stuck in my head.

bradbarbour
9th July 2007, 05:49
Yeah I'm pretty confused on what'll look right since I can't try any on. I'll just order some of each next week and post pics of what I decide on. Thanks for the input!

kdtf
22nd July 2007, 12:45
Grim tim, Grim tim
sized up still has a tapered leg, only slighty looser than a finn and tighter than ES.
Also Non stretch denim and button fly, Mate you cant go wrong.

nt54
22nd July 2007, 13:17
I would try a pair of Even Stevens. The legs didn't look that slim until I tried them on and realized just how slim they were at the bottom.

iwannudies
22nd July 2007, 13:39
Stevens ftw :D

laxlife1234
29th June 2010, 01:36
I have the same problem... It kinda sucks to be honest. I am wearing thinn finns, as long as you have a longer shirt, it shouldn't be too bad.

Steng0lv
30th June 2010, 10:36
haha I got a big butt , but I still wear finns. Dont care what other people think if my butt looks big or not ... the girls like my butt so haha :)

fairylicks
30th June 2010, 11:32
hehe. that´s a funny thread. As long as you like yourself in your denim, everything should be ok....

But I know your problems. When I was 13 I had really huge murder thighs, which I were always ashamed of. Tried to hide them with long shirts, too...

watermelon91
2nd July 2010, 08:19
i got the same problem. but whatver i still wear finns

laxlife1234
5th July 2010, 18:57
haha I got a big butt , but I still wear finns. Dont care what other people think if my butt looks big or not ... the girls like my butt so haha :)

+1 yessssss

Deed
6th July 2010, 23:30
Personally I'm pretty happy wearing the Finns that I got despite having pretty womanly hips. I mean, if you think that you'd look weird in them then check this shit out:

http://i47.tinypic.com/4r9dl4.jpg

The good thing about this is that even if my ass is too juicy then the jeans at least loosen to lessen the effect.

laxlife1234
10th July 2010, 01:02
It reminds me of my jeans. Oh well, doesn't matter, nothing we can do about big butts.

sups
12th July 2010, 08:00
Personally I'm pretty happy wearing the Finns that I got despite having pretty womanly hips. I mean, if you think that you'd look weird in them then check this shit out:

The good thing about this is that even if my ass is too juicy then the jeans at least loosen to lessen the effect.

Try sagging your jeans a bit more man, you're wearing them too high and that's why it looks like you have a huge ass when you really don't.

fairylicks
12th July 2010, 12:45
@ deed: yeah man. you should wear these a lot lower. finn's high rise is meant to be worn low...

sups
12th July 2010, 21:39
I would have sized down a bit more as well, because your waist is usually skinnier around your ass compared to at your hips. Get that sag on like in the picture at the top of this forum.

Deed
13th July 2010, 22:26
Yeah, I usually wear them at regular height despite hearing otherwise because I often hear that the jeans' crotch blowouts happen because they're worn too low, i.e. right around the hips where the body's at its widest.

I do let them hang however they end up hanging when I put them on now, but at the same time I don't want the ass to sag a lot and I don't want them straining around my hips. Fair enough I can see a repairer, but I'd rather avoid that.

greazy
10th June 2011, 04:29
perfect thread for me im rocking thin finns.
love them
what do u ppl think.?
ride high or low.
im trying not to highlight my big asss.
im 34/34 but usually 36.
im here for the not skinny dudes repping skinnies.
cheers.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4174/img0663m.jpg
By greazyman (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/greazyman) at 2011-06-09
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4185/img0664aa.jpg
By greazyman (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/greazyman) at 2011-06-09

vinzo
10th June 2011, 04:41
^ They look all good bro. Personally I run my TF's lower than that. I'm running 34/32. I have a rugby player build but love the skinny look. Will get pics when I can ~

greazy
10th June 2011, 06:11
lower it is.
same man rugby player aswell but i cycle alot aswell so my quads are tight as maybe ill size up next time what do u think? i went a size down because i heard they stretch alot.

greazy
10th June 2011, 08:54
sweet.
ppl are much nicer on this forum

CxBxW
10th June 2011, 09:32
Crwd- what Finn's are those? Love the colour.

sweet.
ppl are much nicer on this forum

Stick around; we're a lot nicer than all the other denim forums.

http://i47.tinypic.com/4r9dl4.jpg

Psch. Those look awesome; after they stretch out in the butt they'll be perfect.

Freidrich
10th June 2011, 10:39
Yep.

greazy
11th June 2011, 03:36
Yep thin fin dry stretch.
about a day old now. yet to take them off except when i slept.

jkyhuang88
29th July 2011, 10:58
http://i52.tinypic.com/2gwgvg9.jpg

another one for the big buts... TF

big bloke, love my slim/skinny-ish jeans... anything more baggy then a straight i never wear...

ahhao
25th November 2011, 12:29
Same question . Fairly fat guy here ,