PDA

View Full Version : Salvo Shoppers...unite!

Conifurious
25th June 2007, 10:46
Couldn't help but wonder a bit, are there any Salvo shoppers among us on mynudies? I exercise a fair bit of selectivity when shopping for jeans, knowing precisely what I want and more specifically, where to get it. And am none too forgiving of lukewarm denim impressions. But I toss it asside when it comes to clothing the rest of my body. And few other places can satiate my aspirations like the Salvation army in terms of frugality and variety.

Call me dramatic (go ahead :wink: ) but each trip to the salvo for me is like a miniature little adventure, delving into shevles and racks of completely unique finds and creating original outfits out of what some have the misapprehension to consider trash. You know the jive, one's trash, another's treasure. 8) I make an effort to visit every week or so, with the satisfaction of knowing each trip could be laden with little treasures.

Anyone else out there in favor? Sound off! Even show some finds if you like. :wink:

bilmaga
25th June 2007, 15:27
I frequent thrift stores as well. I love vintage shirts and jackets. My quest also is ongoing to find an old pair of levi's, lee, or wrangler.

Conifurious
25th June 2007, 20:29
It would seem we are the only ones then.

*Shrug* Pity. :roll:

bilmaga
26th June 2007, 03:30
They just don't know what they are missing :wink:

arisu
28th June 2007, 06:08
Love my salvo trips! Like you said, unique pieces for bargains. I love my brands but everyone in Sydney was starting to look a little alike, and all the stores have the same stock. My housemates also like to go through my loot and steal/trade-chores-for what takes their fancy. :D

Ghost
28th June 2007, 06:13
That's where I get most of my jackets and shoes actually. And most of the time online but I do it whenever I see a shop around here. I rarely like to get new stuff I like the feel of used and old haha.

bilmaga
28th June 2007, 06:16
Yup. I wear used 2 dollar shirts, and 600 dollar jeans :lol:

You've gotta average down somehow :wink:

Ghost
28th June 2007, 06:22
Exactly! Gotta cut corners somewhere!

Conifurious
28th June 2007, 06:59
Yup. I wear used 2 dollar shirts, and 600 dollar jeans :lol:

Yea, that's the only way to do it. :wink: That, and I never really saw the sense in paying 100+ for a shirt or t-shirt.

Ghost
28th June 2007, 07:06
Unless it was chain mail ;)

mjg
28th June 2007, 07:10
yeah i agree the best way to get shirts are on sale! it's always tougher for me to get shirts at a thrift store (at least in rural virginia) because i'm a small person. however i got this awesome, slim-fitting blazer for 2 or 3$ at one, as it was half-off everything at the time.

Conifurious
28th June 2007, 07:45
Unless it was chain mail ;)

Or kevlar.

Chea, I could rock that. 8)

loste
28th June 2007, 15:10
I think i dont have anything from the salvation army. We dont have a shop here so..
My shirts and tees i alomost alway get when they are on sale.
Music tees are the most expensive tees i buy.