PDA

View Full Version : Business Attire

truest
12th June 2007, 01:19
Searched but didn't see anything.

I'm slowly making my transition into "business appropriate clothing". :oops: Anyone else going through this or have gone? But seriously I'm looking to buy some good suits and such. Any suggestions? :lol:

I'm really interested in those "Chelsea boots" for shoes though.

Gregory
12th June 2007, 02:29
It's an expensive endeavour, but well worth the money to get proper fits and tailoring.

Dior Homme
Uniqlo (make some amazing shirts)
Raf Simmons
Miu Miu
Helmut Lang

homochimpus
12th June 2007, 04:29
I go to Brooks Brothers for my dress shirts.

mjg
12th June 2007, 05:20
truest, dressing in business attire is the downfall of all, you'll be sitting there wishing you were in a nice pair of dry denims all day.

anyway, APC makes good business casual pants that are slimfitting, and that's where i get mine for work. also, i've been able to sneak in some TFDBC as my office is a bit slack. but truthfully i just feel more comfortable in jeans.

f4igurl
12th June 2007, 05:37
Another option is to go with one of the "traveling" Hong Kong tailors, like Maxwells.

The trick is to bring along a suit you really like - then have them copy it in your choice of color, fabric, etc. Surprisingly affordable. I had them copy my favorite Holts suit, in lightweight tropical wool... $400 per suit, and super quality/finish.

Bobbejaan
12th June 2007, 09:22
I buy my suits @ suitsupply here in the netherland. I won't buy expensive suits. For shirts i go to Jack & Jones or River Island.

I'm planning a trip to thailand at the end of this year. Ill order a couple of suits there. I heard about that copy of old suit trick. Thats seems to work really good . A friend of mine did not bring a suit and he ended up with those classic asian style pants.

sarlo
12th June 2007, 09:33
i got some dress shirt hand made from turkey.. goos quality silk shirts.. but i don't wear them anymore

BlueOctoberFan
12th June 2007, 14:04
I go to Brooks Brothers for my dress shirts.

Amen to that... They're the best dress shirts I've ever had. They always come out of the wash crisp and never need ironing.

ExileOnMainStreet
12th June 2007, 14:20
Ralph Lauren Purple Label

truest
12th June 2007, 21:02
What is this "traveling tailor" ?

Suits are fuc :!: king expensive.

Ghost
12th June 2007, 21:38
Jack Taylor makes some badass suits. Same with Yves Saint Laurent. I have a Kenneth Cole black suit actually which is actually big on me now as I've gotten much thinner.

But I got rid of all my business casual clothes the moment I got my art gig. No more dressing up for me! Well only on ocassion of course :)