PDA

View Full Version : Horror movies!

Jakob
5th June 2007, 23:39
Yeah, I know theres already a thread for movies but i hope theres some more people out there whos into scary, bloody, creapy, gory etc. movies :) Here you cant type you favorites, news about movies and opinions about new movies you have seen in the genre.

Theese are the ones i like (not completely favorites):

The Hills Have Eyes (Remake)
Hostel
The Exorcist
An American Werewolf in London
Halloween
Cabin Fever
The Omen (Remake)
Saw
The Last House on the Left
Ichi the killer
2001 Maniacs
Battle Royale
The Shining
Three... Extremes
The Silence of the Lambs
Slither
Dawn of the Dead

(for all the remakes goes, that i have never seen the originals :oops: )

Discuss! :)

ihayano
6th June 2007, 05:38
i love horror films and cult cinema. some of my favs

audition
ichi the killer
visitor q
old boy
baise-moi
irreversible
hard candy
the night of the living dead series
happiness

i'm always looking for old zombie and cannibal movies too
:D

Jakob
6th June 2007, 10:04
I've been searching for Audition for months, but it's out of print here in denmark and i only want movi3es with danish subtitles! :o

Hard Candy, Irreversible and Oldboy are great but i wouldn't call them horror i think!

loste
6th June 2007, 10:43
Dawn of the dead
evil dead trioligy
The grudge
The ring
amityville
The exorcist
Hellraiser movies
Saw triology
Hostel 2

Fritt vilt (norwegian movie)

Lou2006
6th June 2007, 10:50
i love horror films and cult cinema. some of my favs

audition
ichi the killer
visitor q
old boy
baise-moi
irreversible
hard candy
the night of the living dead series
happiness

i'm always looking for old zombie and cannibal movies too
:D

baise-moi! me and my buddy went to that, knowing it was full-on, but not that full-on, and probably looked like a gay couple :o

i think anything starring julia roberts is a truly scary horror movie.

Jakob
6th June 2007, 11:32
Saw triology
Hostel 2

Where have you seen hostel 2?

And i only think it's the first Saw that's good the others are ok, and the last one is mostly worth seing because of the gore. On a sitenote all three movies has some of the dumbest plot-twists ever :lol:

Jakob
6th June 2007, 11:44
Theese are the ones i like (not completely favorites):

The Last House on the Left

You people should check out the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0r066kUBUo

:D :D :D That narrating voice is awesome!

loste
6th June 2007, 11:54
I saw Hostel 2 on my computer. You can find it online.

Jakob
6th June 2007, 12:02
ok though so too... but naaah i'll wait and hope they show it at my local theater :)

Arianuz
6th June 2007, 15:50
Saw triology
Hostel 2

On a sitenote all three movies has some of the dumbest plot-twists ever :lol:

i think the plots on all 3 movies where pretty good imo

loste
7th June 2007, 00:42
here at the theatre they wont show hostel 2, so i would have to wait untill it came out on dvd, and that is too long a wait so i just downloaded it instead.

They only show the big "famous" movies on the theatre here, if you know what i mean. Like james bond, mI3, Lord of the rings and movies like that.

ryanheffron
7th June 2007, 12:44
6 words.

the dentist. and the dentist 2.

theLorax
8th June 2007, 02:34
IMO, the Exorcist is the greatest horror movie ever made. They could never make another movie like it now because todays audiences dont have the attention span for it. They need to be startled every 5 minutes, whereas the exorcist built up scenes like no other.

Most horror movies today rely on gore and visuals, but the exorcist was very psychological.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/hepnotic/Misc/screenshot01.jpg

Cross-Hatch
8th June 2007, 03:17
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) is one of my absolute favorite films of all time. It scores 1000 on the creepy-meter!!! The way that "the family" tortured that poor girl; it felt as if I were watching some kind of snuff film. And unlike a lot of other horror films, "Texas..." still holds up--it's just as good if not better than the stuff they make today. Very low budget, very creepy, and I love it :D

The Excorcist one the other hand, is hands down the scariest film I've ever seen. I saw it for the first time as a small child and I was traumatized--quite literally! I'd never seen images like that before in my life...no one had up to that point. And that voice...oh my god, that voice...it penetrated my subconcious. I'll never forget it.

Irreversible was too yucky for my tastes. The scene where the guy gets his face bashed in with a fire extinguisher looks soooooo realistic. The camera person gets and A+!
The part that really bothered me though was that one guy watching the fight who pulled out his "willie" and starts wacking off to the violence-WTF??? And then the guy's friend watches in complete awe ("Awesome", he says) while he get's beat to death. I just wanted to take a shower after watching that movie--yyyyUK!

mml6691
8th June 2007, 05:54
The Last House on the Left is such a messed up movie, along with hard candy.

this thread was needed so bad

Bubba
8th June 2007, 06:13
Great Thread!

My all time favourite Horror/comedy is without a doubt 'An American Werewolf in London'.

Some other notables are:

'When A Stranger Calls' (the original not the crap remake)
'Nosferatu'
'The Evil Dead'
'Videodrome'
'Halloween'
'The Driller Killer'
'Rosemary's Baby'
'The Exorcist'
'Wolf Creek'

[/img]

Tiro
8th June 2007, 12:10
The Excorcist one the other hand, is hands down the scariest film I've ever seen. I saw it for the first time as a small child and I was traumatized--quite literally! I'd never seen images like that before in my life...no one had up to that point. And that voice...oh my god, that voice...it penetrated my subconcious. I'll never forget it.

I also share this experience, I was like 7 I think...
Easily the greatest horror movie ever imho

NudieDK
8th June 2007, 12:43
My all time favourites are definetely:

Scream 1
Scream 2
Scream 3
I know what you did last summer
I still know what you did last summer

hmm.. Im just kidding. :roll:

The Shining.. Here is Johnny! 8)
The excorcist
Night of the living dead (1968).
American werewolf in London. That scared me pretty much when I was a little kid.

Cross-Hatch
8th June 2007, 15:40
Some other notables are:

'When A Stranger Calls' (the original not the crap remake)[/img]

Yes, yes, yes...I had forgotten about this flick; good call! Another very creepy film. Not your average "maniac who stalks the baby sitter" film; this one was kicked up a notch. Having him crank call her from INSIDE the house was genius!!!

Another great concept was the original Nightmare On Elmstreet.

And lastly, another of my favorite creepy/horror flicks was the original Carrie.

bithc
8th June 2007, 17:35
my all time favourite is texas chainsaw massacre (the remake with jessica biel) !! even after ive watch it 3x its still make my heart beat so fast..

anyway you guys should try some thailand/japanese horror..
i recommend SHUTTER this movie will creep the hell out of you...
and JU-ON but the japanese version (the grudge is the american version)

Jakob
18th September 2007, 19:51
Nosferatu is nice, yeah!

Just saw Hostel part II, DAMN what a movie!!! I could barely sit down during the ending of the movie!! <3

Tiro
18th September 2007, 20:37
maybe nobody knows it, but def. a nice 'horror' movie: Kakashi

Jakob
20th September 2007, 14:45
Audition is great too! I nearly shat myself at some points in the movie haha

Jakob
18th April 2008, 23:43
Recent recommendations:

Night of the Hunter
House on the Edge of the Park
Cape Fear (remake, haven't seen the original :/ )
Dario Argento stuff
Thriller - En Grym Film
Salo - 120 Days in Sodoma

PhillySci76
19th April 2008, 01:25
Audition is great too! I nearly shat myself at some points in the movie haha

That actress was awesome. The smile on her face while she tortured people was creepy. And the pins at the end....damn.

offyatree
28th April 2008, 19:37
Saw 1-2-3-4(first and second are the best, imo), Hostel, and i prefer most asian horror movies than hollywood horror movies. hollywood doesn't know how to make ghost movies. perhaps only ghost busters :mrgreen:.

RxHernandez
28th April 2008, 19:50
definitely going with the saw movies
then its night of the living dead 1 and 2 are the best

and i actually just watched the new amityville horror and it wasn't bad...
a little on the typical scary movie side though

offyatree
28th April 2008, 20:59
to horror lovers, don't watch "turistas", "wolf creek", "wrong turn" they are SO BAD (bad as in suck)

Jakob
30th April 2008, 00:22
Wolf Creek is GREAT

offyatree
30th April 2008, 05:05
Wolf Creek is GREAT

lame, because they could have escaped sooner but the chick was stupid!

Dolemite
5th June 2008, 06:22
Irreversible was too yucky for my tastes. The scene where the guy gets his face bashed in with a fire extinguisher looks soooooo realistic. The camera person gets and A+!
The part that really bothered me though was that one guy watching the fight who pulled out his "willie" and starts wacking off to the violence-WTF??? And then the guy's friend watches in complete awe ("Awesome", he says) while he get's beat to death. I just wanted to take a shower after watching that movie--yyyyUK!

Irreversible is one of my favorite films but I wouldn't consider it a horror movie. I think it's brilliant, and not because of the "What the ****?!" factor. The way the movie is played backwards changes the way we see all of the things that happen.

For example, if the head bashing scene were at the end, it would be a "pay-off" for the movie where we see the protagonists get revenge (or so they think) on the bad guy, but because we don't have any context for the beating we just see it for the terrible violence that it is, and we're just as disoriented at the characters are.

Also, the guy who says "Awesome" is actually La Tenia, the real rapist, who gets away scott free.

I could talk forever about that movie.

No mention of Candyman yet? It sort of falls apart at the end and doesn't really know what it wants to be, but it's still one of my favorites.

loste
5th June 2008, 21:51
do they speak french in that movie or is it dubbed?

and Candyman was okey

M!ch
5th June 2008, 21:55
anyone seen Infection (Japanese), i think it's from 2 years ago or so.

Jakob
6th June 2008, 16:27
do they speak french in that movie or is it dubbed?

They speak french. It has some big stars like Vincent Cassel (Eastern Promises) and Monica Belucci

Just watched 30 Days of Night yesterday, and it was pretty good I would say, even though I know alot people hate Josh Hartnett. But why does the little girl have the Einsturzende Neubauten logo on her arm? It made absolutely no sense, and I had too google it to see if I was right afterwards. Is it just a homeage?

bounce
6th June 2008, 17:15
So far, the only horror movie that has actually scared me, and that I thought was good, is Dead Silence.
And I've seen a LOT of horror movies, old and new.
I recently saw The Strangers, it was good. Not exactly a horror movie, more suspense-horror. But it was good.

fatgecko
11th June 2008, 13:06
Nice thread. Horror movies to me, are defined as something which creates psychological fear in me...here's my list. Unfortunate that most of these movies evolved into famous franchises which bordered on unwatchable...

1) Alien - They don't make movie like this anymore. From Giger's nightmarish design, spooky claustrophobic innards of Nostromo, spine tingling audio effects, the way the storyline went...faultless.
2) The Exorcist - rotating head, spider walking, vomit spewing possessed girl, good vs evil. I had problems going to sleep after watching this the first time.
3) The Thing - A remake, nevertheless, J. Carpenter managed to adapt the storyline into 80s Cold War paranoia amongst a bunch of Antartica-based researchers beset with form adapting alien parasite. I remember Rob Bottin after that...Even Kurt Russell looked disturbing, like a human bear!
4) The Ring (Jap ver.) - the slow built up to the climatic final scene...wide screen tv anyone?
5) The Grudge (Jap ver.) - hell hath no fury like a woman (and a blue boy) scorned!!
6) A Nightmare On Elm Street - The way Tina being slashed to ribbons, J.Depp turning literally into a geyser of blood...whew!
7) Halloween - invincible psycho obsessed with his sister...never trust someone who wears a William Shatner mask.
8) The Blair Witch Project - nausea inducing movie. If the movie wants to induce fear in me, they are successful. I nearly gave up hiking into the woods.
9) Cloverfield - again another nausea inducing hand held horror...again, this movie instilled a feeling of fear in me when I watched it...exploding woman, that scene, though brief, stuck to my mind hours after coming out of the cinema.
10) Nang Nak - A Thai movie, in a way spooked me but kinda sad at the same time.

loste
11th June 2008, 23:07
anyone here seen Session 9?
is it that scary that i was told? gonna wach it when i can

M!ch
11th June 2008, 23:36
9) Cloverfield - again another nausea inducing hand held horror...again, this movie instilled a feeling of fear in me when I watched it...exploding woman, that scene, though brief, stuck to my mind hours after coming out of the cinema.

I watched this movie last weekend, liked it, the realistic style is very well executed and dispite the shaky images it was not hard to follow.
The acting was good, because it didn't feel like they were acting, felt pretty real and i got sucked into it.
it's not really horror imo...

fatgecko
13th June 2008, 10:17
anyone here seen Session 9?
is it that scary that i was told? gonna wach it when i can

If you like The Machinist, you may like Session 9 as well....I personally like it.

fatgecko
13th June 2008, 10:29
anyone seen Infection (Japanese), i think it's from 2 years ago or so.

Don't really understand the storyline of this movie, though, like most j-horror flicks, it can be quite gross and shocking at times...personally I would recommend Dark Water (jap. ver) instead.

loste
13th June 2008, 23:40
If you like The Machinist, you may like Session 9 as well....I personally like it.

i have not seen that one, what is it.
forget that, i will just read about it at Imdb ofcourse :-D

Edit: oh, that movie looks interesting. just up my alley i think.
do you know any other movies like that?

Opeth
14th June 2008, 09:42
As someone already recommended Session 9 I saw it yesterday and was pleasantly suprised. Any similar recommendations??

fatgecko
14th June 2008, 11:01
Couldn't think of any. So far only The Machinist and Session 9 are similar in moods and storyflow. By Brad Anderson. He has a new movie this year called Trans Siberian or something like that but not sure about the theme.

Opeth
14th June 2008, 13:48
^^

Yeah I immidiately checked IMDB for his other movies and found the upcomming tran siberian. From what I read it sounded pretty interesting!

loste
14th June 2008, 22:18
sounds like we have similar taste in movies Opeth

Naoto the Zombie
14th June 2008, 22:53
No-one votes for "Ring" ? :?: :shock: :?:

Otsegoflesh
15th June 2008, 01:04
the american version of the ring sucked i thought, watch the original japanese version. story makes a whole lot more sense and the atmosphere is just so great. if you want creepy horror movies, japan is the way to go. america, on the other hand, is more famous for the gore and slasher flicks.

but i just saw the happening last night, it was great.

soompi
15th June 2008, 02:05
Why is Oldboy considered as a horror film? Is incest just too scary or what?

fatgecko
15th June 2008, 07:00
Just watched The Descent...pretty watchable. Sad that no one survives though...:cry:
And here's some I left out earlier from my list...
1) The Fly - the transformation spokes me out.
2) The Eye (hk ver.) - though the Phang bros took guidance from Jap horror movies and incorporated it here, I think they did a good job in spooking me out. Well fleshed out storyline as well...
3) The Omen - the original ver., I've been cautious with kids ever since...
4) Toyol - this obscure late night screening Msia production had me spooked out real good when I was a kid...so much so I still remember it and put it here on the list!

Opeth
15th June 2008, 08:21
sounds like we have similar taste in movies Opeth

That might just be :D

I'm very picky when it comes to films, and altough I watch alot of movies I very seldom see something that I really like (perhaps 2-3 movies a year) out of 200-300 movies :D

M!ch
15th June 2008, 21:21
Don't really understand the storyline of this movie, though, like most j-horror flicks, it can be quite gross and shocking at times...personally I would recommend Dark Water (jap. ver) instead.

That one i've seen too, i really like Japanese horror stories.

The Omen i've first watched as a kid, same scary feelings about it as you!

nerd4life
21st June 2008, 17:38
i don't really watch much horro movies but jeepers creepers was funny to me.

Jakob
23rd June 2008, 12:28
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but saw this one last night:
http://blogs.citypages.com/amadzine/images/repulsion.jpg
One of the best horror movies I have ever seen, better than Rosemarys Baby.

offyatree
23rd June 2008, 12:38
scooby dooby doo!

deadendpro
17th November 2008, 06:50
Audition
Suicide Circle (AKA Suicide Club)
Battle Royale (And the book!)
Tales from the Crypt Presents: Demon Knight
The Exorcist
Hostel (though i didn't find it scary... just a really good movie)
The Devil's Advocate (it was a good movie)

On another note... Did anyone feel that Hostel 2 sucked because it made Hostel like a useless movie.

Jakob
17th November 2008, 16:15
I feel the same way about the first Hostel. And almost anyother horror movie

Ryan_L
17th November 2008, 16:51
i thought scooby-doo was pretty scary..... i screamed when i was in the cinema and people stared at me :(

Snorlax02
17th November 2008, 21:50
LOL woo ryan have a scooby snack ah?

Anyway i saw 'dying breed' recently.
Its an australian film about cannibalism. Its the worst movie ive ever seen. Do NOT watch it.
1. Poor attempts at creating a spooky environment. ie beautiful scenery with scary music.
2. Shit plot
3. They use crappy techniques like ending it 5 times to try and be clever or something. Fail.

Worst use of my $10..

deadendpro
19th November 2008, 06:07
LOL woo ryan have a scooby snack ah?

Anyway i saw 'dying breed' recently.
Its an australian film about cannibalism. Its the worst movie ive ever seen. Do NOT watch it.
1. Poor attempts at creating a spooky environment. ie beautiful scenery with scary music.
2. Shit plot
3. They use crappy techniques like ending it 5 times to try and be clever or something. Fail.

Worst use of my $10..

Nah man, The worst movie ever is this one film called 'Nightmare Detective' It stars Masanobu Ando who played Kazuo Kiriyama in Battle Royale. Basically it has no point. Its about as stupid of a movie as can possibly be. There is no drama, no frightning elements, no reason, and most of all...No point to see this movie. I cannot believe i paid 16 dollars to buy this crap.

moykky
19th November 2008, 21:31
If you haven't seen Martyrs go see it now. The director Pascal Laugier is the next level, new generation etc... in his genre.

I rarely find anything that I like in horror movies but I saw this on festival earlier this autumn and it's the only film that I remember...

Acetate
21st November 2008, 18:35
I've seen "The Mist" last night. I was expecting an average Shyamalan-like movie (well I've never read the novel so the plot was totally new to me) and ended up with a pleasantly surprising and well mastered thriller. Also the ending is so unusual from Hollywood...

deadendpro
21st November 2008, 19:47
After re-watching the exorcist again, would anyone agree that it (if watched with a bit of skeptisism and maybe drunk ;-D ) is quite funny??? I dunno, something about a little girl telling this priest that his mother sucks cocks in hell was quite humorous to me, But thats just me. Does anyone else feel somewhat the same perhaps??

offyatree
24th November 2008, 08:39
i must say, "the shinning".

deadendpro
25th November 2008, 07:40
the shinning is a really good movie... damn felatio giving bear suit. lol.

ng_tetet
26th November 2008, 06:17
not so many can make me goosebump like shit
even though ive been watching the movie for some times
exorcism of emily rose is the exception..
the movie feels just so real with no
stupid-fake ghosts are around as in most horror movies

deadendpro
2nd December 2008, 07:45
yes.... the opening theme song to Poltergeist is awesome!!! if you have not heard it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2xzOvA4868

yeah... skip to the end if you dont wanna hear the calm, easy going, fun part...

offyatree
2nd December 2008, 07:58
"the vacancy" was quite entertaining. it could happen to anyone here!

offyatree
22nd January 2009, 07:54
i just saw vacancy 2! OK only.

self edge
22nd January 2009, 08:01
i watched the unborn the other night. pretty damn creepy! something about being possessed that really gives me chills

offyatree
22nd January 2009, 08:05
watching horror movies at home is so much better than in theaters. more thrilling.

deadendpro
23rd January 2009, 03:44
watching horror movies at home is so much better than in theaters. more thrilling.

totally agree, but you know it is really funny to see everyone in the movie theater jump up all at once during a certain scene at any given movie. hahaha

offyatree
23rd January 2009, 04:22
cuz their lame. a horror movie is best seen when it's raining or foggy outside and your home alone. that'd be wicked!

jobesjobes
23rd January 2009, 04:41
Anyone seen TIDELAND? It's not so much a horror horror movie but it is seriously screwed up! Even the director at the beginning gives a disclaimer for the movie haha. Done by a crazy Canadian but every shot is amazingly composed and it is definitely a well shot movie but as I say...The director's got problems/issues. I'd recommend it to people if you are into photography or filmography.

offyatree
23rd January 2009, 04:44
to people who want to see wolf creek, better dont see it. a crappy australian "horror" movie. hahaha

jobesjobes
23rd January 2009, 04:51
Hell yes it is, what makes that funnier is I went to school with the "Psychos" son from Wolf Creek. He was kinda ashamed his dad was in it hahaha Has anyone seen Quarantine? It was definitely better then I expected. Not a huge fan of scary movies as they are too cliche in the scariness, such as "Hears a sound in the basement, I (A hot blonde college girl from the Valley) will go check it out and hope it doesn't lay a hand on me!". What are some good ones to see. I'm more a fan of Braveheart, Saving Private Ryan, Blood Diamond, Black Hawk Down, The Departed etc etc.

deadendpro
24th January 2009, 22:45
wolf creek was like a bad episode of the twilight zone. ahahaa

jyoni
25th January 2009, 04:32
That actress was awesome. The smile on her face while she tortured people was creepy. And the pins at the end....damn.

Shiina Eihi is outrageously sexy. She's in another recent movie as well, some campy flick that came out last year.

Lots of good films in here. If I may I'd like to add The Frighteners, even though it is more humorous than horrific. Not only a great film, but imo Michael J. Fox's finest performance.

davety
25th January 2009, 05:30
To anyone who hasn't seen 'em, and they can be a little tricky to track down nowadays (especially at yr local blockbuster), anything by Dario Argento or David Cronenberg gets the highest recommendation, especially their earlier stuff. They're two sides of the same coin really, the latter intelligent and cerebral, and the former visceral, arty and surreal, although since their best stuff was made in the seventies and early eighties, those who're used to up-to-th-minute cgi effects may need to hone their disbelief-suspension skills, because i'd be lying if i said they hadn't dated a little. those only capable of watching a film made in the last three years need not apply- get a sense of history, people!
Top picks on this front are suspiria, deep red (profondo rosso) and tenebre for argento, and the brood, the fly (1986), videodrome (with honourable mentions to scanners and rabid) for cronenberg. these are films in the true ethos of the horror film- confronting, provocative and challenging, and visceral without being mindlessly nauseating.
to that list i could probably add the original 'dawn of the dead'- probably the best horror film of all time, where the best aspects of both of the above combine with the sharp satirical attack of george romero to provide the benchmark of the modern (post 70s) horror genre, a genre whose wit has sadly been swamped by its desire to nauseate. as to those who might prefer the recent remakes (land of the dead notwithstanding), this list isa not for you. while remakes aren't necessarily a bad thing (both the fly and john carpenter's the thing radically improved on their predecessors), the current craze for for remaking z-grade clessics seems a little pointless to me, especially in the context of snyder's execrable remake of dawn of the dead- running zombies? wtf?

deadendpro
25th January 2009, 20:52
Shiina Eihi is outrageously sexy. She's in another recent movie as well, some campy flick that came out last year.

Lots of good films in here. If I may I'd like to add The Frighteners, even though it is more humorous than horrific. Not only a great film, but imo Michael J. Fox's finest performance.

O SH*T! Shiina Eihi was the chick from Audition!!!!!!! NICE!

jyoni
26th January 2009, 00:08
O SH*T! Shiina Eihi was the chick from Audition!!!!!!! NICE!

so foxy, even in her 30s :!:

More about that movie from last year, Tokyo Gore Police
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183732/

offyatree
28th January 2009, 04:19
this movie. [REC]

A young TV reporter and her cameraman cover the night shift at the local fire station, thinking that it'll be a night like any other. When they receive a call from an old lady trapped in her house, they reach her building to hear horrifying screams - which begin a long nightmare and a uniquely dramatic TV report that no one will ever forget.

nudieformytummy
28th January 2009, 06:19
That's quite scary too... Quarantine... I can't imagine if it happen to my apt... haha

Anybody here already watched bloody valentine in 3d?
does it sux?

offyatree
28th January 2009, 06:26
bloody valentine = even the title sounds cheap, man. lol

jyoni
29th January 2009, 03:14
I haven't seen it yet, but I thought My Bloody Valentine would be the old one remastered in 3-D.

deadendpro
29th January 2009, 21:38
so foxy, even in her 30s :!:

More about that movie from last year, Tokyo Gore Police
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183732/

I watched the traier that was like 5mins for that movie and i think i might go look for it today. hahaha, but yeah, she is fly.

That's quite scary too... Quarantine... I can't imagine if it happen to my apt... haha

Anybody here already watched bloody valentine in 3d?
does it sux?

Quarantine was predictable, but with Bloody Valentine, it is an homage to the old school slasher movies with new school pervasive nudity and cheesy dialogue. lol. But overall, its a fun movie to watch. If you need to kill some time and have a little money to spare, watch it and walk out chuckling about the little things you just saw. lol

davety
24th May 2009, 12:25
i just watched 'the objective' after a rave review from a local reviewer. it was ok i suppose, kinda like the 'blair witch project' with a bigger budget and set in afghanistan. funnily enough, it was made by the same guy who made blair witch, but he had more money this time around- go figure!
not a bad diversion, but not a classic horror film either- rehashing the only successful film you ever made is a little weak too, imo