PDA

View Full Version : Belt stretching

JAgrazy
1st June 2007, 18:39
i've bought a belt from levis a month ago. it's my first real leather belt, had to make a new hole for the right fit. i recognized that my Jim's and all other jeans come down when i walk. so i have to pull them up often and the belt doesn't change anything because it stretched to the same size as the Jim's.

just bad quality or what? only had canvas belts before, without holes just those closing technique that opens up if the belt is older than 1/2 year :D

any suggestions?

Arianuz
1st June 2007, 20:14
i've bought a belt from levis a month ago. it's my first real leather belt, had to make a new hole for the right fit. i recognized that my Jim's and all other jeans come down when i walk. so i have to pull them up often and the belt doesn't change anything because it stretched to the same size as the Jim's.

just bad quality or what? only had canvas belts before, without holes just those closing technique that opens up if the belt is older than 1/2 year :D

any suggestions?

buy your jeans tighter

BlueOctoberFan
1st June 2007, 20:19
I suppose that being a natural material, a leather belt can stretch to a certain extent. If you had to make an additional hole just to start wearing it, however, I'd say you bought a belt that was too big. Ideally, you should be using one of the middle holes of a new belt. That way, if you want to ride the jeans lower, you can loosen it, and tighten to bring them up when desired.

Tiro
1st June 2007, 20:23
I suppose that being a natural material, a leather belt can stretch to a certain extent. If you had to make an additional hole just to start wearing it, however, I'd say you bought a belt that was too big. Ideally, you should be using one of the middle holes of a new belt. That way, if you want to ride the jeans lower, you can loosen it, and tighten to bring them up when desired.

case closed, there is nothing more to add here

501lover
1st June 2007, 21:30
...except that he really ought to buy his jeans A LOT tighter :!: :!: :!:

Tiro
1st June 2007, 21:40
actually, we can't be sure of that, we haven't seen pics or anything...
my jeans also tend to slide lower after walking then when I first put them on...

mjg
1st June 2007, 22:27
theroretically the belt could and probably would stretch a bit. leather shoes sometimes stretch.

Jakob
5th June 2007, 08:48
rubberschoes strech alot too.