Legoland
22nd May 2007, 17:31
not really a collection without a black pair
not really a collection without natural indigo
not really a collection without one 100% texas cotton
not really a collection without one100% zimbabwe cotton
not really a collection without a lee repro
not really a collection without ultra heavy denim
not really a collection without overdye!
not really a collection without...

fill it up guys, this is for anyone ho needs excuses to max out their CC's...

Epilogue
22nd May 2007, 17:36
I don't want a collection, I want the most beatiful jeans in the world. ;)

sarlo
22nd May 2007, 17:42
f*cking up at least one jean ;)

Epilogue
22nd May 2007, 17:44
Yeah, that too. :lol: A denim lover who hasn't screwed up at least one pair is not existent, hehe.

alain
22nd May 2007, 18:16
how about
not really a collection without selvage?
not really a collection without a proper wallet?
not really a collection without a dry jacket
not really a collection without a greycast
at least i got these 4 things

BlueOctoberFan
22nd May 2007, 18:18
I have to disagree with the wallet. Personally, I hate carrying a wallet, and don't understand why someone would carry around something as bulky and unweildly as a Red Moon or any of the other wallets most people here seem to go gaga over.

Perhaps I need to disagree with the "greycast" as well, since I don't know of anyone else that makes them besides Nudie, and I don't like how any Nudie fits on me...

erchii
22nd May 2007, 18:46
i think i totally disagree :P for sure for the greycast (but i've got one), wallet ok, but it hasn't to be one of a brand of expensive and i totally disagree with the dry jacket

ExileOnMainStreet
22nd May 2007, 19:12
lots of brands use greencast indigo - edwin, levis, etc.. most natural indigos like the veggies, the edo ai's, are said to be greencasted

its definatley not a collection unless you've paid someone from japan that you know absolutley nothing about $200+ dollars to buy a pair of jeans for you, mail them to you on another continent so you can spend the next 2 hours of your life in brutal agony and anticipation wondering if your month and a half of pay you spent is going to come out of the soak right

Jakob
22nd May 2007, 19:30
A collection without a pair of flarejeans in stonewash or in sandcolour or with extreme bleach (witch fit tight around the butt)

Fhunkit
22nd May 2007, 19:43
Not really a collection without a Levi's Jeans

How come the founder of jeans isn't named yet :D

Julien
22nd May 2007, 21:51

Fhunkit, U are right !!

brick_grocer
23rd May 2007, 08:15
its definatley not a collection unless you've paid someone from japan that you know absolutley nothing about $200+ dollars to buy a pair of jeans for you, mail them to you on another continent so you can spend the next 2 hours of your life in brutal agony and anticipation wondering if your month and a half of pay you spent is going to come out of the soak right

haha! i'm legit i tells ya! :D

brick_grocer
23rd May 2007, 08:23

haha, yeah i kind of laughed to myself when i saw that lego's original list didn't include levi's, but i don't own a pair and probably never will. they were just never popular with my friends, and here in japan they are so ridiculously common that i've totally become sick of them - funny, that, i think everyone buys into the "original" aspect of levi's but they seem so completely unoriginal to me now. the japanese obviously have a big america fetish, as seen in magazine catalogues full of vintage americana stuff, but i guess a lot of us here have a bit of a japan fetish, right? :P

not to highjack the thread, but i'd love to hear what everyone else thinks about this, i.e. the levi's thing, or the cross-cultural fetishization!

bouwnt
23rd May 2007, 08:31
lots of brands use greencast indigo - edwin, levis, etc.. most natural indigos like the veggies, the edo ai's, are said to be greencasted

:lol: :lol:

right there with ya, except is was more like a day and a half pay, and no soak. 8)

plus i knew the dude was legit. :wink:

agree on the levi's note. gotta have a couple pair, whether raw selvedge or not... it's a must!

Epilogue
23rd May 2007, 09:16
Well but the japanese often copy the american vintage cut so I am not really in it either to date.

I have a Levis 507 bootcut prewash. I think there is nothing wrong with a pair or two of Levis.

cameland
23rd May 2007, 10:11
well from a model kind of view:

Repro or OG doesnt matter really so long as the details are similar.

66 or 55
WWII model
Some kind of lefty lee jeans (OG lee jeans come to mind)
Black non overdye jeans
Some wranglers too i guess
Type II jacket, my favourite!

and i guess some wrangers too in broken twill.