PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone

kdtf
18th May 2007, 08:03
Hi all,
I need to get a new mobile phone to replace my NEC 412i whose screen had turned to mush.
I have been considering a SE K810i but am a bit put off by the fact it doesnt have MP3 ringtones. Anyone know of something similar that would be good.
Anyone got any recommendations for a good phone.

thanks

:lol: Just realised how off topic this is for a nudie forum.

Ghost
18th May 2007, 08:07
I actually just got the SE K800i. I know what you mean but I really don't care about ringtones =) That's why I got this phone since it's more geared for the camera rather then it's ability to handle the MP3s. Sorry!

kdtf
18th May 2007, 08:22
I guess that the k810i is pretty much the same as the k800i, so are you happy with the camera? because I'm leaning towards this phone, can you have a ringtone that is not crap?

nt54
18th May 2007, 08:24
I just got an LG VX8600 and I love it.

http://www.mobilewhack.com/1891_309x283.jpg

Ghost
18th May 2007, 08:28
I guess that the k810i is pretty much the same as the k800i, so are you happy with the camera? because I'm leaning towards this phone, can you have a ringtone that is not crap?

Yeah just like it's basically the K790a only mine has 3g band and can be used anywhere in the world, as for the K810i I would imagine they added something else but I haven't seen that on the market myself hence why I got the K800i. I actually haven't tried, I don't even have a cable for uploading stuff on this yet. But to be quite honest I've always had a regular ringtone like something out of an office. Only way to really take it seriously.

And honestly I think SE makes the best and Samsung as well. I think all others are pretty much trash with the exception of a few from each brands. Not a fan of LG, Nokia, Motorola, etc. NTT Docomo phones are badass and a lot of the SE ones are based off their models.

Ghost
18th May 2007, 08:30
Oh and the camera is pretty badass by the way. 3.2MP cam with amazing auto focus and bright as hell REAL flash. Takes amazing pics. I love it. Has a bunch of good settings as well everything you'd find in a regular Cybershot cam, of which I have a couple of. Video quality is pretty good too, though if it's too long you have to trim it to send off which is a nice option.

nt54
18th May 2007, 08:33
And honestly I think SE makes the best and Samsung as well. I think all others are pretty much trash with the exception of a few from each brands. Not a fan of LG, Nokia, Motorola, etc. NTT Docomo phones are badass and a lot of the SE ones are based off their models.

I think a lot of the time it also depends on the carrier. Some brands make better phones for certain carriers. I will say this, though: so many people say that Samsung phones are really great, but the only one I've had since was a piece of crap. I had a Motorola that lasted longer. The LGs I have had have been much more reliable and have held up for much longer.

Ghost
18th May 2007, 09:04
I think a lot of the time it also depends on the carrier. Some brands make better phones for certain carriers. I will say this, though: so many people say that Samsung phones are really great, but the only one I've had since was a piece of crap. I had a Motorola that lasted longer. The LGs I have had have been much more reliable and have held up for much longer.

True to a certain extent. There's only so much a carrier can limit and do to a phone. That's why there's unlocked phones like the one I got works on most carriers and you can easily download what you need to fit to your service agreement. And I do agree with you I know there's some great LG phones that are way better then the Sammies and the Sammies that I know are phenomenal are rarely seen in the states. Like the new U600 I think it is, is pretty sweet but still not around here. And Motorola I have to say compared to Nokia is the much better choice. They have durable phones it's just that I think they have crappy software/programming. But even then like I said the really good stuff is usually held in their original markets.

Fhunkit
18th May 2007, 10:22
I've got a K800i for almost a year now..
I like the phone; BUT: I think the joystick is not so durable; the camera opener closes and open too often by itself (U kno what I mean; it's in your pocket and due movements blablabla it opens and stuff)

The Camera is very good; IF there is good sun/natural light.

My subscription is almost over and I'm thinking of a new phone too.. Maybe NokiaN95, but he's really bulky... Time to ask my phone-aunty for some advice :D

Ghost
18th May 2007, 10:29
I have a clear case for mine so it's hard for it to open. My last Japanese NTT Docomo phone was a 1.3MP camera one and that one didn't open as much either. That's why there's settings on the camera for different lighting just like a regular camera. You should prolly read a manual. General settings never work for specific ones...

OhmygodxO
18th May 2007, 13:52
Well,I have a LG KG800 now,I really love the design but the phone itself isn't that good. I have it for 7 months or so en the camera is already broken >.<

NudieDK
18th May 2007, 14:23
SE K750i. A good phone that fullfill my needs.

sarlo
18th May 2007, 19:51
i use a pda phone and i love it ;) but i don't know thats an option?

Tiro
18th May 2007, 20:22
actually, I pretty much still have my nokia 8910i and that suits my needs perfectly, I got a digital ixus 750 for pictures, why do I need a phonecam, I got mp3 radio in the car and mp3 portable player, why do I need that in a phone...

keep it basic 8)

mynudies
18th May 2007, 20:45
I've always been a fan SE phones. Not because of their design but mostly because of what is on the inside. Their technology is way better than any other manufacturer.

If you are a mobile geek like me you should wait for the Neonode N2 http://www.neonode.com that is released in Europe within a month or so. (btw, Neonode is where Apple stole their ideas from for their iPhone)

Good luck!

Ghost
18th May 2007, 21:14
actually, I pretty much still have my nokia 8910i and that suits my needs perfectly, I got a digital ixus 750 for pictures, why do I need a phonecam, I got mp3 radio in the car and mp3 portable player, why do I need that in a phone...

keep it basic 8)

Umm well yeah that's why theres such a huge variety of types of phones out there. You buy one to cater to your needs. I'm a recreational freelance photographer, and I hate carrying around my Nikon or Rebels on an every day basis, (even my Sony point and shoots are clunky) around. For something simple that can do both very well you get something like this. That's why there's good camera phones. I don't need any of the music as none of that comes close to a good digital media player. Not even the iPhone will replace the iPod until they release it as a standalone piece of hardware.

Also the LG Prada phone which is similiar to Apple's is a pretty nice phone as well. That's out already.

Tiro
18th May 2007, 21:23
I'm a recreational freelance photographer, and I hate carrying around my Nikon or Rebels on an every day basis, (even my Sony point and shoots are clunky) around.

well yeah in that case...
to me, it's a phone and a msg thing only, that's it, oh yeah and it has to be durable, hence the 8910i, can't beat titanium housing :D

I actually had a samsung e720 before this, sold it and got me the 'old' 8910i instead...

Ghost
18th May 2007, 21:27
well yeah in that case...
to me, it's a phone and a msg thing only, that's it, oh yeah and it has to be durable, hence the 8910i, can't beat titanium housing :D

I actually had a samsung e720 before this, sold it and got me the 'old' 8910i instead...

Yeah I hear you. Honestly I'm completely against multitasking phones just because they can't do one thing well. I prefer a phone like you mentioned that do it well, with great reception and software stability. SE phones usually have that in their standalone talk only phones too. Just couldn't pass up Cybershot technology in a phone that works just as well as their normal cams. I know the phone you're talking about too and that titanium housing is sweet.

loste
18th May 2007, 22:28
Sony Ericsson K610i, i love my phone. Loads of Mp3, a okey cam, 3G, msn also. It is funny to make videocalls sometimes.
A good phone, and its not that expensive.

Ghost
18th May 2007, 23:15
Sony Ericsson K610i, i love my phone. Loads of Mp3, a okey cam, 3G, msn also. It is funny to make videocalls sometimes.
A good phone, and its not that expensive.

Oh man I want to make a video call! No one out here has one with that capability!

Bobbejaan
23rd May 2007, 11:10
iphone ?

i really liked the keynote from jobs

mml6691
23rd May 2007, 19:51
iphone ?

i really liked the keynote from jobs

i already reserved one 8)

sarlo
23rd May 2007, 20:03
my phone ;) not a iphone but i like it
http://i19.tinypic.com/2chq5vl.jpg

drydenimbabeeh
23rd May 2007, 20:25
Damn that last one looks sick :lol:

Ghost
23rd May 2007, 20:26
The iPhone is a lot of things but in my opinion not enough for the real tech savvy. It doesn't even have 3G support. Not to mention you have to get stuck with Cingular for 2 years unless you break the contract early on. Apple pretty much took a bunch of ideas and made it into one cohesive unit. I'm really only interested in the iPod that comes out of it after it's released, cause 8gigs isn't gonna do. So unless they make 40 or 60gig model phones there's no way I'll compromise. Because there's no way that's going to replace my iPod once it comes out, and technically we all want something that will replace everything and do it GREAT. My $0.02.

MeesterT
23rd May 2007, 20:41
SE w810i walkman great camera and mp3 player 1gb freespace memorycard DS

Legoland
24th May 2007, 00:32
The iphone is a step in the right direction in my opinion, 3g will be supported by time and hard drives will get bigger, that just the way things work. The iphone gen2 might get my to buy one.
I've got a good camera, I've got a good mp3player... I just need a phone. for calling and sms and keeping contacts...

Ghost
24th May 2007, 01:06
The iphone is a step in the right direction in my opinion, 3g will be supported by time and hard drives will get bigger, that just the way things work. The iphone gen2 might get my to buy one.
I've got a good camera, I've got a good mp3player... I just need a phone. for calling and sms and keeping contacts...

Exactly that's what I'm saying. They did the great job of combining many of the things we all carry, and putting them into one workable piece of hardware, not to mention the software app is gonna be top notch because it's the actual OS X running in there. As soon as they streamline and optimise it for more it will really kick ass. 3G is already rumoured to hit the next wave of iPhone updates.

mml6691
24th May 2007, 03:57
The iPhone is a lot of things but in my opinion not enough for the real tech savvy. It doesn't even have 3G support. Not to mention you have to get stuck with Cingular for 2 years unless you break the contract early on. Apple pretty much took a bunch of ideas and made it into one cohesive unit. I'm really only interested in the iPod that comes out of it after it's released, cause 8gigs isn't gonna do. So unless they make 40 or 60gig model phones there's no way I'll compromise. Because there's no way that's going to replace my iPod once it comes out, and technically we all want something that will replace everything and do it GREAT. My $0.02.

i'm on cingular anyway, and i have crap loads of music, so no ipod (except for the 80 gigs) can really hold all of it, especially if you add in all the videos. plus i have a crappy camera, and an even crappier phone. i guess i just need to buy all those things, and the iphone just came at a really convenient time for me. im sure if i had a decent one of those components, i probably wouldn't buy the iphone, so i definatly get what you're saying.

Ghost
24th May 2007, 04:08
i'm on cingular anyway, and i have crap loads of music, so no ipod (except for the 80 gigs) can really hold all of it, especially if you add in all the videos. plus i have a crappy camera, and an even crappier phone. i guess i just need to buy all those things, and the iphone just came at a really convenient time for me. im sure if i had a decent one of those components, i probably wouldn't buy the iphone, so i definatly get what you're saying.

Yeah I hear ya there. I'm really mainly interested in the OS and the added widgets like Google and Yahoo and such. Same with Visual Voicemail. I gone through 4 iPods so far and I'm at an 80gig now, and while I do download a lot of podcasts I try not too cause the video ones take up too much space. I did have a shit load of Futurama episodes on there though heh. And I have a couple of cams too but sometimes you just can't carry all that stuff so I know what you mean. I definitely wanna play with one once they come out. But I'm with T-Mobile so unless I can get one unlocked I wouldn't switch over.

f4igurl
24th May 2007, 04:58

Yeah I hear ya there. I'm really mainly interested in the OS and the added widgets like Google and Yahoo and such. Same with Visual Voicemail. I gone through 4 iPods so far and I'm at an 80gig now, and while I do download a lot of podcasts I try not too cause the video ones take up too much space. I did have a shit load of Futurama episodes on there though heh. And I have a couple of cams too but sometimes you just can't carry all that stuff so I know what you mean. I definitely wanna play with one once they come out. But I'm with T-Mobile so unless I can get one unlocked I wouldn't switch over.

What a good reason to buy a Red Moon bag..... :D

reignmkr
24th May 2007, 07:45
dont get a motorola Q. mine keeps freezing on me and i constantly have to reboot. im too lazy to go to verizon to exchange it.

Bobbejaan
24th May 2007, 10:32

thats what i'm thinkin..

its just lacks too much for that price.

talking about bills mines 110 euro every month for that i get about 800minutes and 200 txt

sarlo
24th May 2007, 10:40
i pay 40 euro a month for 325 minutes.. incl sms (1 minute is also 2 sms/mms) so if i only send text messages i can send 650 messages

KyleS
11th March 2008, 09:08
Black Berry 8830 all the way :P

Legoland
12th March 2008, 01:12
as I mentioned in an earlier thread I recently bought an SE K850i and so far I'm very happy. I signed up for 18 months and I think it's just the right amount of time till the iphone is just about perfect (and for sale in sweden...)
I miss wifi but then again I check my mail once every six hours at work so it's no big deal really. probobly would'nt have access there either and the camera is awesome.
I really hope this phone will be my "tank"... I call my phones tanks, they go trough wars and keeps going and going. love that I finally have a phone with good computer syncronising abilities and stuff like that. I want a better calendar though.

Bobbejaan
15th March 2008, 12:23
My brother has an Iphone. If you look at the price 270 euro its damn cheaper than an Ipod touch. both 8gb

I want one. Do you think its easy to send as a gift ? From the USA ?