PDA

View Full Version : Sarlo Should...

Sarge
17th May 2007, 14:10
As sarlo has been getting a bit peeved at people not using the search function i think he should explain to everyone how to use it to not just get 3 million identical results no matter what you type in.....

Opeth
17th May 2007, 14:34
Yeah, the search button does not always give you what you are searching for

Lou2006
17th May 2007, 15:20
sarlo should.........
let people know who are mods and who aren't!
while older members are getting pissed(myself included) it doesn't mean anyone can storm a noob for dumb Q's. we all started somewhere..

Tiro
17th May 2007, 17:49
maybe there should be a few 'more active' mods...
I'm with sarlo on the topic closing issue btw and the search function isn't all that great, don't think sarlo can do anything about that...

cameland
17th May 2007, 17:55
yeah i would say get at least ONE more mod that checks the forum regularly.

But about the search thing, yeah good idea to original poster, even i have no idea how it works.

Tiro
17th May 2007, 18:12
well if I remember correctly, it doesn't work...
I think the admin said that one time, it needs updating...

mynudies
17th May 2007, 18:59
What I said was that the search function in the Photo Gallery does not work.

The Search for the forum works fine. I just used it. Please make sure to use the AND, OR, NOT, *, etc to narrow down your results.

Regarding Sarlo, as far as I know he is doing a great job as a moderator. If you oppose something a moderator does just let me know. Yes, as we are growing so fast we probably need another moderator.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ghost
17th May 2007, 20:57
Still doesn't work for me. Hence all the questions. And I never searched in the photo area, just random forum. It's ridiculous. I have to go to SuFu to search for stuff.

AsherC
17th May 2007, 21:28
why dont we have a sticky thread for small questions like superfuture? if you cant find what you are looking for ask a question in there rather than clutering up the board with individual threads

mynudies
17th May 2007, 21:40
Still doesn't work for me. Hence all the questions. And I never searched in the photo area, just random forum. It's ridiculous. I have to go to SuFu to search for stuff.

Can you tell me exactly how you enter the search string and why it is not working for you?

Thanks!

Ghost
17th May 2007, 21:41
Well in the search box I'll just do something like, "samurai" and it will just give me the same list it does when you get there.

Tiro
17th May 2007, 22:45
why dont we have a sticky thread for small questions like superfuture? if you cant find what you are looking for ask a question in there rather than clutering up the board with individual threads

there is a good idea, make billy's two threads into sticky's :D

bilmaga
18th May 2007, 03:40
The search works fine for me. The only problem with using one word, and not a phrase, it that you get every thread with that particular word in it.

If you search "stretching" for instance, you will get almost every thread because that word is everywhere on this forum.

But as I said earlier, just PM me questions, I will try to help as best as I can, or direct you to someone/something that can :wink:

brick_grocer
18th May 2007, 05:16
hmm. that's good info about the search, i.e. that if you just search one word it will pull up entire threads, anything with that one word in it. i guess it's difficult to change, but that's definitely the reason why so many new threads get started all the time. maybe the small questions thread idea is best, but nobody's gonna be lining up to put that together. :?

bilmaga
18th May 2007, 05:20
I started a misc. questions thread.

Lou2006
18th May 2007, 07:29
sarlo should..... give me his SJDG and SJDJ. go on sarlo, you know you want to :lol: :wink:

Bobbejaan
24th May 2007, 10:12
sarlo should update his blog..