PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping in them

snk1313
17th June 2005, 05:46
So I am reading that wearing dry denim for 6 months before a washing it produces a good fade. But, can I just sleep in them for that period and acheive a similar result? I don't really want to smell bad for 6 months for one pair of jeans. I'm trying it right now, if anyone else had done this let me know how it turned out.

Coffee
22nd June 2005, 19:47
Wouldn't advice you just to sleep in them. The deal with getting a nice result out of your jeans is that it should reflect your everyday life. Of course, a big part of your life is indeed spent sleeping but I assume that's not the look you're after.

The smell is controlable, air frequently and use some air fresher and it shouldn't be all bad.

6 months, btw, is a guideline. You can use them more or less if you want too.

Btw, most people acctually sweat more in their sleep (or easier at least), so the jeans might smell very bad if that's all you do with them...

stiewie
22nd June 2005, 22:48
Wouldn't advice you just to sleep in them. The deal with getting a nice result out of your jeans is that it should reflect your everyday life. Of course, a big part of your life is indeed spent sleeping but I assume that's not the look you're after.

The smell is controlable, air frequently and use some air fresher and it shouldn't be all bad.

6 months, btw, is a guideline. You can use them more or less if you want too.

Btw, most people acctually sweat more in their sleep (or easier at least), so the jeans might smell very bad if that's all you do with them...

What do you mean by that? :wink:

Venus As A Boy
24th November 2005, 10:59
I totally sleep in my slim jim's. I work at a job where I can't wear my Nudies. Unfortunatly a great deal of my time is spent there so I sleep in them to squeeze out any extra hours I can be in them to get a proper fit. I don't sweat accessivly in them at night either. Not as much as when I am dancing in them that is for sure.

501lover
20th September 2006, 20:20
I think sleeping in them, totally aside from the breaking-in process, is an act of obvious intimacy and thus something for the genuine jeans lover. I've slept in all my favourite jeans. 8)

Opeth
20th September 2006, 20:36
Sleeping in them might be a god idea of you don't get to wear them at work, but if you can the you can feel alright taking them off for the night!

KillBill
20th September 2006, 21:32
sleeping in them is not comparable to living in them, in daylight i mean.
living(not sleeping) gives the most wicked fading and it realy doesn't have to result in a bad smell. i air my jeans every night and never had trouble with bad smells. you can also, ofcourse, buy urself two pairs of dry jeans and switch :wink:

Nudie-joch.
20th September 2006, 21:48
I sleep in al of my Nudies..not only because of the fading etc. butt also because i like it to sleep in my Nudies..they fit so comfartable..I love it sleeping in my Nudies... :D :P :)

KillBill
20th September 2006, 21:55
it's too hot for me i'm affraid.

21st September 2006, 08:37
I don't think sleeping in them really will help wear them in very well, but sleeping in dungarees is just what adults when they don't need to take their pants off at night.

cameland
21st September 2006, 09:20
i did it with my olas every night almost, i dunno how much wear it really created but you do move around a fair bit in your sleep, it stretchd the crap out of them, but i think thats mainly cos i sleep in a curled ball.

oh yeah another thing to look out for is that the gunk in your cuffs will get in your bed, so bear that in mind.

KillBill
21st September 2006, 09:22
oh yeah another thing to look out for is that the gunk in your cuffs will get in your bed, so bear that in mind.

hahahaha

sarlo
21st September 2006, 11:05

hahahaha
just clean your cuffs before going to bed :D

MarkyMark203
7th May 2011, 17:13
love sleeping in mine as I also sleep in a fetal position as well, so it tends to wear in my knees and thighs.

levilandlord
9th June 2011, 19:54
I sleep in my levis and denim jacket.

But its not for breaking them in is because I could not wear them out and about because I would be arrested for indeasent exposeure.

Great way to wear your levi rags.And the sensation is so hot.

hc4thehc
9th June 2011, 20:12
I've been sleeping in my Atelier Ladurance 'Prescott' darktones for 2 years now... During the summer I wear them to work as I sleep in shorts...
When it was very cold this winter, I slept in my IH Busters... 21 oz'll keep ya warm...

Mind you: this is not to break them in or anything, but I have yet to find anything softer and more comfortable than my well worn in darktones...

INDIGO GIRL
8th December 2011, 16:31
I often sleep in my Diesel Jefonfire as

1.Theyre stretch, so very comfy
2.Maximum jeans wearage
3. Only pair I own that doesn't pick up cat fur, and I share my bed with 2 Siamese cats!!!

I also sleep in old shirts until they're too sad and worn

IG

INDIGO GIRL
8th December 2011, 19:29
Tonight I'm so shattered I'll definitely be sleeping in my jeans!!!

IG

INDIGO GIRL
11th December 2011, 21:43
Looks like nobody else is writing about this - I checked the thread so as I'm really tired so can't be bothered , so unless I get too hot I'll be sleeping in

Jeans, shirt, jumper

Sometimes I even sleep better in my clothes / what a waste of money on pjs!!!

IG

INDIGO GIRL
14th December 2011, 00:22
I don't want to make it a big thing, but I suffer from severe CFS/ME and osteoporosis and other serious conditions which is also why I suffer sleep reversal and drop off during the day and am awake most of the night which is also why I'm often dressed during the night.

Then if I'm shattered in the morning I can just get up for breakfast and go and rest again.
Just had a bath to see if that helps and put on:

2 very thin white undershirts
Anna Matuozzo blue end on end shirt
Glenmuir Dark Navy merino jumper
(because the heating goes off at night)
Retired pair of jeans with holes that I couldn't bear to throw away until the holes spread all over
Pringle socks

I'll keep all this on tomorrow so won't need to post in WAYWT!!!

Carl Weathers
14th December 2011, 00:32
My bed sheets get dyed blue from the indigo when I lounge on top of them!

Kmart.
14th December 2011, 04:09
I don't want to make it a big thing, but I suffer from severe CFS/ME and osteoporosis and other serious conditions which is also why I suffer sleep reversal and drop off during the day and am awake most of the night which is also why I'm often dressed during the night.

Then if I'm shattered in the morning I can just get up for breakfast and go and rest again.
Just had a bath to see if that helps and put on:

2 very thin white undershirts
Anna Matuozzo blue end on end shirt
Glenmuir Dark Navy merino jumper
(because the heating goes off at night)
Retired pair of jeans with holes that I couldn't bear to throw away until the holes spread all over
Pringle socks

I'll keep all this on tomorrow so won't need to post in WAYWT!!!

Still not able to post pictures? :-?

tongsalex
15th December 2011, 05:04
So I am reading that wearing dry denim for 6 months before a washing it produces a good fade. But, can I just sleep in them for that period and acheive a similar result? I don't really want to smell bad for 6 months for one pair of jeans. I'm trying it right now, if anyone else had done this let me know how it turned out.

i dont really see how sleeping in them would help you out with fades... unless you fight ninjas in your sleep of course. i do that sometimes

shiuym
15th December 2011, 22:25
The only time I wear my jeans to sleep is when I am on the plane! I "feel" like those jeans with slim cut will get loss a little bit. nothing fades in that whatever 13 or 14 hours flight!

INDIGO GIRL
15th December 2011, 23:25
Still not able to post pictures? :-?

Actually if you check the Chat WAYWT I DID yesterday!!!

Not today because I wasn't well enough and the first attempt came out sideways and doubled up!!!
But I HAVE started to post pics of my twiggy legs

Sleeping in totally worn out jeans and clothes that I wore today because I wasn't well but hopefully tomorrow smarten up again minus holes and cat fur!

See how I am before I promise pics but at least I know how thanks to everybody's kindness at my technophobia.

IG

Kmart.
15th December 2011, 23:58
Aha. Missed it for some reason.

INDIGO GIRL
18th December 2011, 23:13
It was a very bad picture - you didn't miss much!!!

Hahaha

Tonight I'm sleeping in rags which I can't bear to part with:
A pair of 3 sixteens full of holes on the knees - more of a school kid look
A too big shirt that I slipped over in (I also have osteoporosis at a very young age) and tore..... But I love the colour.
I wore a very old jumper during the day... The whole lot is creeping towards the charity bag!!!

Tomorrow I'm off the Mall with my Mum for last minute Xmas shopping so time to smarten up now the weekends over!!!

I'll take WAYWT pics tomorrow but may not uploads them until Tuesday after my doctors appointment.

Hoping to sell my immaculate and gorgeous TLJ in the Supermarket...

IG

INDIGO GIRL
20th December 2011, 01:54
Yup, sleeping (or having an insomniac night) in jeans yet again!

Similar outfit to last night but all washed.

Official retirement (for the second and last time) for 3sixteens is 31st December 2011.
Always get lots of charity bags through the letter box after Xmas so somebody can patch them up and go with the scruffy teenager look that isn't mine!

IG

INDIGO GIRL
29th December 2011, 04:02
Given up sleeping in jeans as we now have central heating on all night.

Anyway unless I fall by the wayside will only have 2 pairs to work on before Jan 2013 so don't want to ruin them in bed at night (although I'm dressed now due to insomnia)

I'll leave sleeping in jeans to those of you with 3,000 pairs

IG

offyatree
30th December 2011, 07:56
who gives a damn fu ck about what you wear when you sleep.

INDIGO GIRL
10th January 2012, 23:02
Are you this rude to everybody on the Forum - I thought it was a social network of great denim lovers not a bitching contest.

offyatree
13th January 2012, 20:17
Aren't we all bitches, IG? Bitch for life.

Concret
13th January 2012, 23:57
IG, he can be a real bitch...señor offy ;p

INDIGO GIRL
30th January 2012, 14:43
As this is a thread about sleeping in jeans - I thought it was quite relevant.
Anyhow as I've bought Cheap Mondays and washed my Japs they're SO tight - the hips measure 28" and I measure 27"!!
So I'll have to sleep in the Japs until they've stretched out again.

PS thnx Concret:):)

Freidrich
30th January 2012, 17:40
who gives a damn fu ck about what you wear when you sleep.

what a boss!!!!!!

AzstroBoii
6th March 2012, 19:57
I only sleep in my 1st pair of nudie TFDS... They have sentimental value in them because i got them when me and my current gf started dating... I wear them most of the time while im with her, when we sleep in her couch, when she sleeps over, etc... I plan on getting the date we got together stitched or branded in the inside pocket so they'll always be a reminder of our relationship for years to come...

I'm hoping that as the years go by and my denim age... that they stay intact like i wish this relationship will.. :smile:

Legoland
8th March 2012, 22:20
When I have girls over, I make sure to take my pants off!

am I right guys?! AM I RIGHT!?

I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waiter.

James101
22nd September 2012, 20:07
Got a girlfriend so cant really sleep in my jeans :) im tempted to wear them in a sauna though....

fairylicks
22nd September 2012, 20:36
Great idea dude! I´m tempted to wear mine in a sauna while I´m sleeping...

James101
22nd September 2012, 21:25
Or riding a bike in the sauna while sleeping so to get those combs correct!

JustAnotherLocoKid
27th May 2013, 17:35
can someone post a picture of jeans in which he slept a few times (or very often) and washed them (or not) ?