PDA

View Full Version : Calves stretching?!

ifinale
4th May 2007, 09:14
I fit in a pair of Slim Jims 32/32 and when I tried on a pair of TFDs 32/32 today i noticed that the thighs were a lil bit hugging whereas the calves were a lil bit tight. I'm assuming that it'll stretch around the thigh region so i'm not too concerned about that, however I wonder whether the calves do stretch a bit?! Cos right now they seem like the denim around the calves are pulled a bit tight and they're stretching outwards horizontally in a pretty awkward fashion...

At home i have a pair of TFDBC 33/32 whereas they seem just right around the calves, I've only worn them for a few times so i wonder whether the whole pair of jeans will stretch quite a bit after prolonged wearing... the only concern is that they're a lil bit too wide around the thigh/knee region so it looks strange in a sense that there's a chunk of denim wrapped around my knee, if you know what i mean haha...

so the dilemma is, should i go with the 32/32s or 33/32s?! I've already ordered a pair of TFDB 32/32s from kichener waiting for arrival... I sure hope that they do stretch out quite a bit....

loste
4th May 2007, 09:35
thats how finns fit on me, and i dont like it, to tight overall but thats just me. Many guys can rock finns, just not me. They will strech a bit but i think you shoulde have got the 33.
God luck anyways

erchii
4th May 2007, 10:04
i also think you should go for 33, they don't really stretch in the calves.
with pics it's clearer cause i don't exactly know what you mean now :roll:

ifinale
4th May 2007, 10:07
haha true, wait till the 32/32s come along... it's just that for the 32s i'd say they're tight around the calves and you can sorta see the shape of your calves, cos below your calves and around your ankle, it's really loose, so it's like they pull a bit around the calves and then it's relaxed around the ankle, which makes it sorta obvious...

whereas the 33/32s i'd say they're not hugging around the calves... it's just that i'm afraid the overall fits gonna go bad when i start breaking them in... cos they're gonna go loose...

dotty
14th June 2007, 06:41
I bought a pair of 26"/32" dry black coated thin finns, and my right calve is killing me sometimes after wearing it for a while. (my left is fine.. i guess my right is bigger...)

I hope they stretch... cause i didnt want to get the 27" and have them go loose on me (waist and thigh wise).

Let's just hop after wearing them for a week or so they'll turn out nice (ive had them for a day, lol)

ss2miraitrunks
15th June 2007, 02:24
dotty, what are you measurements?

I've bought a 26/32 thin finn dry stretch.

I'm 5"7 or 5"8 and 110 pounds.

nudieboi
15th June 2007, 03:06
My grim tim's were tight around the calf when I first bought them. Now, after about a week and a half of breaking-in, they fit just fine.

mml6691
15th June 2007, 05:38
My grim tim's were tight around the calf when I first bought them. Now, after about a week and a half of breaking-in, they fit just fine.

my finns stretched out in the calves after about 2 weeks also

kdtf
15th June 2007, 07:50
Idont think me finns have stretched in the calves at all, of maybe ive just beefcaked up :lol:

rolaids
15th June 2007, 14:02
i've owned three pairs of thin finns, all different sizes. each was too tight in the calves and didn't stretch after a couple of weeks of wear. so i sized down a few sizes on a pair of jims and achieved the fit i wanted. maybe you should try the same.

BlueOctoberFan
15th June 2007, 14:25
Idont think me finns have stretched in the calves at all, of maybe ive just beefcaked up :lol:

"Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals, I'm living proof. Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!!"

dotty
19th June 2007, 17:40
After a weeks worth of wear, they are an awesome fit now. Almost feels like it is one size up

watermelon91
5th December 2010, 06:35
the calves on my finns have not stretched since i got them.

beautiful_FrEaK
5th December 2010, 10:29
oh good to know, thank you!

ThinFinn
5th December 2010, 21:34
thought i was the only one without any calve stretching...hu!

Freidrich
5th December 2010, 21:58
^^^ Same

Cold Summer
6th December 2010, 02:35
Mine haven't stretched as far as I can tell. But I have skinny legs and most jeans are way too BIG in the calves, so...

Ming2
31st January 2011, 07:30
hello guys, i new at this forum.. i got problem with my thinfinn.. i got 2 holes right under my zip... one is on the left.. the other one is on the right side.. at first with the strecth then become a horizontal hole start +- 1cm.. and now it is getting bigger and bigger.. any solution for my tf ??? :(:(
could some one help me ?? thx guys...

ajc1127
3rd February 2011, 05:57
do the thighs stretch at all?

watermelon91
3rd February 2011, 06:58
do the thighs stretch at all?
Oh yeah, thighs stretched out a lot. It felt a lot more comfortable after the stretch.

offyatree
3rd February 2011, 07:33
hello guys, i new at this forum.. i got problem with my thinfinn.. i got 2 holes right under my zip... one is on the left.. the other one is on the right side.. at first with the strecth then become a horizontal hole start +- 1cm.. and now it is getting bigger and bigger.. any solution for my tf ??? :(:(
could some one help me ?? thx guys...

well i am sorry to hear that my friend but you are so screwed. very screwed. the hole is just gonna get bigger and bigger. oh no. :-?:-?:-?

JUST KIDDING MAN, DON'T CRY.

the best solution is to bring those jeans to a tailor or show a pic of the problem to us and maybe we could give you a temporary if not permanent solution to your crotch rip.

ajc1127
4th February 2011, 06:04
the thighs on mine are loose as of now and they are brand new. Am i screwed?

offyatree
4th February 2011, 08:14
the thighs on mine are loose as of now and they are brand new. Am i screwed?

why are you screwed if your thighs are loose? Do YOU like how they fit on you?

ajc1127
4th February 2011, 17:43
Im just saying are they going to get really baggy once they stretch while the calves remain really skinny. I don't want that to happen.

watermelon91
4th February 2011, 17:59
why are you screwed if your thighs are loose? Do YOU like how they fit on you?
Well, the looser they are from the start, the less they will stretch later on. But it really depends on how you like your jeans to fit.

ajc1127
4th February 2011, 21:25
well as they are now theyre alright i just dont want them to bag out. Sorry to hijack this thread but has anyone on here every had a tailor adjust the pants. I was think maybe having them taken in a little bit.

Kmart.
4th February 2011, 21:28
^ Would probably just be cheaper to exchange for a smaller size. Tailoring can mess up your jeans (not to mention being expensive).

offyatree
4th February 2011, 22:58
^ Would probably just be cheaper to exchange for a smaller size. Tailoring can mess up your jeans (not to mention being expensive).

seconded. most tailors dunno how to handle jeans.

ajc1127
9th February 2011, 22:02
so should I bail on them now and pawn em off to someone who would fit them better? As they are now, I love them but if they bag out hard in the thighs im afraid they might not look too good.

offyatree
9th February 2011, 23:58
do whatever you like they are your jeans. i'd sell them if i were you.

ajc1127
11th February 2011, 04:12
Thanks for the advice. I think Im just going to chill on them for a bit, wear em and see what happens with it, if theyre that bad after they stretch then I guess Ill just have to find a new pair in a smaller size, but for now I might as well rock em.