PDA

View Full Version : TFDBC cuff or not

nongnhum
3rd May 2007, 13:17
uncuff
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g33/nongnhum/uncuff.jpg

cuff
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g33/nongnhum/cuff.jpg

i usually wear 29x32 on SKK but this Finn is 26x32. is it too tight?

erchii
3rd May 2007, 14:04
don't cuff and they aren't too tight but you look very skinny
but get some other shoes!!!

Sarge
3rd May 2007, 14:25
thats a 26?! :shock: they don't even look that tight let alone too tight! i like them cuffed, but thats probably cuz i'm used to mine being cuffed. i think the cuff blends in to the lighter shoe colour better.

-nudiefive-
3rd May 2007, 14:31
true..ill cuff depend on the shoes :D

bilmaga
3rd May 2007, 16:00
I say no cuff. But that's just because I'm a fan of stacking.

But, in all honesty, the best looking cuff pic is in the nudie booklet. The guy wearing the TFDBC. I love the contrast with the black/ecru.

Fhunkit
3rd May 2007, 23:29
Guy...
Those shoes are nice,... but NOT with a skinny jeans mate..

Cuffs;)

Lou2006
3rd May 2007, 23:31
For me, it is the cuffs..
those shoes are perfect for skinnys!
rock in roll mofo

sunpup
4th May 2007, 00:42
They don't look THAT tight on you...
I say stack 'em; TFDBC look better that way on light coloured shoes.

ihayano
4th May 2007, 00:49
i think those look good with the cuff. cuffs should be kept to a minimal size like yours, i hate when people have huge like 3 inch deep cuffs

nongnhum
4th May 2007, 05:23
i never cuff skinny jeans before but i'll try. i also like cuff.

what shoes that u guys recommended for skinny jeans?
i usually wear Converse and Boot with my SSK.
give me some ideas, pic would be great.

mjg
4th May 2007, 05:32
lately i've been wearing tan boat shoes with my SSKs and white boat shoes with my TFDBC, or occasionally a pair of cole haan sneakers i have.

Gregory
4th May 2007, 19:19
imo boat shoes look really good if you cuff..or even better pinroll so they sit above the ankle (I've been doing this alot as of late)
Other than that, I wear vans 99% of the time. Old Skools, Authentics, Slips...or cons, any slim fitting basic shoe.
Here's my old skools/finns

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i573277_waywtBot.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com)

hope that helped.

mjg
5th May 2007, 00:56
i just let the boat shoes stack lately, but occasionally will cuff the pants.

nongnhum
5th May 2007, 07:01
pic doesn't work :(

iwannudies
5th May 2007, 07:34
imo cuff :)

BlueOctoberFan
5th May 2007, 16:01
It seems to me that part of the purpose of the DBCs is the leather optic that they achieve, which would be dampened by having a cuff, but I could be wrong as I've never seen them in real life.

Sarge
5th May 2007, 16:10
It seems to me that part of the purpose of the DBCs is the leather optic that they achieve, which would be dampened by having a cuff, but I could be wrong as I've never seen them in real life.

thats true in a way yeah. sometimes you just gotta cuff though. i don't cuff with my converse usually but ive got some dekline mids (ankle high) that my jeans don't fall over so looks kinda stupid if i don't cuff cuz of all the excess stacking.

iwannudies
5th May 2007, 16:53

Um, wats a leather optic?

loste
5th May 2007, 18:11
i think he means that the jeans loke a bit like leather. The dry black coated looks a bit shiny and leathery you see

BlueOctoberFan
5th May 2007, 19:59
bingo

Cross-Hatch
5th May 2007, 20:18
The pics say it all--Leave'em un-cuffed.

iwannudies
6th May 2007, 04:01
i think he means that the jeans loke a bit like leather. The dry black coated looks a bit shiny and leathery you see

i see, thanks :)

ob_solete
10th May 2007, 17:51
definitely NO cuffs and for the following reasons:

1. skinny jeans and cuffs just don't go IMHO - leave the cuff for bootcuts or normal straight legs like ralfs and svens

2. the jeans are NOT long enough to cuff, for a nice cuff look you need a substantial amount of the cuff revealing otherwise it just looks like you're too cheap to hem the jeans to the right length lol

3. black jeans and cuff are a no no as well me thinks

4. i prefer to only cuff if selvage

finally, i can't believe they're 26, i mean im 5'9 and i weight 61kgs and i wear a size 30 tfdb or a 29 if im in the mood so my god you must be skinny!!

just had to say that lol

nongnhum
10th May 2007, 17:59
thanks for all of your advice
my jeans fukin tight at waist for 1-2 days only, now its ok.
i'm 5'8 and 54kg