PDA

View Full Version : Shopping in Italy

Raff
30th April 2007, 11:06
Hey guys,

Im travelling to Italy in a few weeks and staying in Rome and Venice so I was wondering if anyone here can recommend or knows of clothing shops worth checking out in these cities.

Thanks...

kingpin
4th May 2007, 05:05
yeah, my rents are goin there also, would def like to find out some places that sell nudies and the works that commonly have sales or good prices. I'm trying to buy a RRDS and I'm just wondering how much they go for usually in Europe. Does anyone know?

I know you can go to superfuture and search stores by city. http://superfuture.com/city/city/cities.cfm
From my experience, Rome has unreal shopping, and reasonable prices off the main areas. Venice is ok, there are a few good shops, I seem to remember Sisley was there, and they had some pretty nice stuff for cheep. But I only spent a few days in each city years ago. The designers are in both cities. Rome has some pretty insane stores. (There was a skate shop, cant remember what it's called, but it had hundreds of pairs of shoes... like 2 walls filled). Perhaps we can get a European in on this. Or someone who knows the scene well.

Julien
4th May 2007, 14:07
Hey guys,

Im travelling to Italy in a few weeks and staying in Rome and Venice so I was wondering if anyone here can recommend or knows of clothing shops worth checking out in these cities.

Thanks...

Hey Raff,

Could check If watches are cheaper in Italie???

Especially the U-Boat Watches. The one i am looking for is 1400.- euro In the Netherlands. How much are they in Italie?? :D

U-Boat FLIGHTDECK MBG 50mm
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/juliustheboss/FLIGHTDECKMBG50mmI.jpg

This is a picture ti help.

Thanks alot,

ides
5th May 2007, 00:47
I'm interested as well, I'm going to Rome for a week and then spending another week in various other Italian cities this summer.

How much do nudies go for over there?

kingpin
5th May 2007, 01:00
Hey, I just got a message from Tiro saying that the RRDS is about $204 (US?) in Europe. That's a lot cheaper than Canadian prices. Cutlizm has got em for $200 though. (with shipping and tax)

kingpin
5th May 2007, 01:01
(150 euros)

ides
5th May 2007, 04:14
Sweet I was thinking about buying the RRDS or maybe something else in selvage.

Does anyone have any ideas how much Lacoste polos go for? I don't really wear them but a couple friends want me to bring them back a few if they are cheaper there.

kingpin
5th May 2007, 23:38
Depending on where you are from, Lacoste could end up being more expensive in Europe. When I was in Italy, I seem to remember them being around 70 to 80 euros. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are the prices I seem to have encountered. In the states, they're $72 bucks and Canada they are $95-98 (going by the price for just the classic pique polo). Buy them in North America.

ides
6th May 2007, 00:29
Thats cool, more money to buy jeans with then.

Raff
6th May 2007, 11:03
yeah, my rents are goin there also, would def like to find out some places that sell nudies and the works that commonly have sales or good prices. I'm trying to buy a RRDS and I'm just wondering how much they go for usually in Europe. Does anyone know?

I know you can go to superfuture and search stores by city. http://superfuture.com/city/city/cities.cfm
From my experience, Rome has unreal shopping, and reasonable prices off the main areas. Venice is ok, there are a few good shops, I seem to remember Sisley was there, and they had some pretty nice stuff for cheep. But I only spent a few days in each city years ago. The designers are in both cities. Rome has some pretty insane stores. (There was a skate shop, cant remember what it's called, but it had hundreds of pairs of shoes... like 2 walls filled). Perhaps we can get a European in on this. Or someone who knows the scene well.

Thanks for the tips! :D

Ill give an update of how the shopping goes when I get back. They have an H & M over there so im really keen to check that out, although its in a shopping centre out of the city so I hope its not too far away.