PDA

View Full Version : Denim shorts

Gregory
30th April 2007, 06:22
don't know if this has been brought up before (probably) But I've been on the fence about this for a while now. I'm thinking about hacking off an old pair of broken in, WELL worn jeans into cutoffs. I'm not talking old pervy man shorts that would look swell paired with a braided belt and some socks n' sandles...I mean fashionable denim cutoff shorts (a slimmer leg, not skintight by any means, but slimmer and more tapered than your average short) What are your thoughts on denim shorts? (jorts, jean shorts, sheans...whatever you want to call em')

Drewbee
30th April 2007, 06:25
I did that last summer with a pair of old slimmer jeans that I had...I actually liked the look but lost them when I moved so I cant post pictures. Some of my friends called me a bum but i thought it looked pretty good.

Gregory
30th April 2007, 06:28
yeah,
I think so long as they are well worn, beat up old jeans with some character (that are pretty much unwearable as jeans in my case) then they should make a decent pair of shorts. I'm debating whether or not to go just below the knee with no cuffs...or for a slightly longer clam-digger style (not so much a capri, a little shorter than that)
When I make a decision I'll post some pics

ihayano
30th April 2007, 06:37
i only like jean shorts under the following conditions...
A. on a girl B. cut off then pin rolled to just below the knee C. selvedge

Gregory
30th April 2007, 06:38
are those three seperate conditions? or is that a combined list of circumstances?

ihayano
30th April 2007, 06:39
sorry, a combined set.. haha

bilmaga
30th April 2007, 06:42
I say wear cut-offs so short, that the pockets hang below the jeans.

That, paired with some wool socks, a beater, and workboots.

Y.M.C.A. :wink:

Back on topic, selvage shorts cuffed would be sweet. Or dry shorts in general. Get some sweet fading when it's too hot for jeans.

Gregory
30th April 2007, 06:50
I remember beatle had some dope looking cut offs I saw on sufu, if she's around she should post that pic on this thread.

reGuar
30th April 2007, 11:40
denim shorts can look really good, but in the most cases, they look really shit and gives me white trash vibes xD.

Jakob
30th April 2007, 18:11
By any means stay away from light coloured denim in this case! :)

I've done it with a baggy pair of 501's in a destroyed model. I cutted them just at the knee and i think it looks okay 8)

Sarge
30th April 2007, 20:00
I've done it with a baggy pair of 501's in a destroyed model. I cutted them just at the knee and i think it looks okay 8)

Same here. Couldn't take the heat last year at download festival so just ripped the bottom of my jeans off!!

cardcastleruins
30th April 2007, 21:39
im not a fan of shorts period but ya it's nice in the hot weather. Denim shorts however is almost an insult to denim. I think denim should go down to the shoes end of story. But ya a capri like short is chill.