PDA

View Full Version : Dry Stretch Vs. Dry Comfort comparison (with pics)

maxbr
30th April 2007, 00:11
Here's a link to my post in Superfuture's denim "This or That?" thread with pics I've gathered comparing the two and my concerns over which to get as I've been putting off ordering these for nearly two months.
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showpost.php?p=427143&postcount=729

I've read all the posts in this forum regarding Dry Comforts but they did little to help me decide. I'm really indecisive when it comes to this and have been going back and forth on these forever :oops: I'm hoping I can decide from the opinions I gather here and on sufu. Thanks for any input.

brody
30th April 2007, 01:13
From what you've posted, I'd say to get the comforts if you want them to look nicer initially, and fade slower. Get the stretch if you want a more intense, faster fade.

Personally, I'd get the comforts because I too love that streaky denim look, and am not terribly concerned about speedy fade.

But it's up to you.

bilmaga
30th April 2007, 01:39
Also the back pocket stitching is a big difference. The comforts are moe "conservative" and not as "flashy with the indigo coloured stitching.

The comforts feel softer and look streakier as well.

If you want faster fading, go with the stretch, as the comforts will take longer.

My two cents :wink:

mjg
30th April 2007, 01:56
i like that most of the pictures from here.

maxbr
30th April 2007, 02:27
Thanks for replying I appreciate it. Although I do like the Comforts better I might just get the Dry Stretch because my only pair of nudies as of now are SJDBs so rather than having two pairs of slow fading ones I could have a fast fading second pair.
The thing about comforts being softer raises a concern because I seem to wear out the crotches of jeans pretty fast. Though i'm not sure if softness has anything to do with how fast that happens.
And yeah most pictures came from here some were from superfuture and repeat to fade blog.

bilmaga
30th April 2007, 03:13
Im not sure if softness has anything to do with crotch blowouts.

Jims are bad for it and they are 100% cotton and alot stiffer ( esp. greycasts and japans).

cameland
30th April 2007, 06:55
I am gonna switch from RRDS to finns soon and have been debating over the same thing. I'm just gonna get the regular ones cos they fade fastest and ive always liked the fades of finns especially. Even the faded comforts in my eyes don't look very spectacular to me but maybe thats because i dont like streaky denim.

Im thinking of just ripping out the nudie wave for a less flashy look though.

Gregory
30th April 2007, 07:23
came, get some dry blacks and sign yourself up as a member of the "damn near impossible to break in" club.

cameland
30th April 2007, 07:28
Hahaha yeah i was considering it just for the raw look but alas my gf doesnt like it :twisted:

I wish they made black denim with black stitching, Id be all over that. Something like the new non contrast stevens but black.

Gregory
30th April 2007, 07:30
oh girlfriends...
haha I know the influence they can have, especially on one's denim habits. Non-contrast black finns would be F'ing brilliant, I'd love to see it.

bilmaga
30th April 2007, 07:51
Dry coated are non-contrast.

Or rip the stitches off of the back pockets of your jeans and fill the rest of the stitches in with a permanent marker. Just do touch-ups when necessary. At least you won't have to worry about washing the marker out.

sunpup
2nd May 2007, 00:30
Why can't them chemists come up with a non-fast black dye?
Then we could see the same kind of fading as in blues.
TF blacks would be a hot item then! 8)

thebigcomedown
7th May 2007, 04:49
I have the tf comforts and I love them, they do fade slow but the stretch is nice. Probably the best feeling jeans I have.

reGuar
1st February 2008, 17:58
I got a pair dry comforts for like 75, so I took em'.
But I sized up alittle.
Someone got some wearing pics of the comforts? faded.

Marshal
7th March 2008, 05:31
well i have a pair of dry stretches, and i love them!
ive been wearing them for about 2 and a half months and i really like them!

leekigogo
18th April 2008, 14:33
anyone know a online store who sale the Dry Comfort? kinda hard to find ...

HermanTheGerman
18th April 2008, 14:36
anyone know a online store who sale the Dry Comfort? kinda hard to find ...

http://www.bazaaradriatic.com/nudie-jeans-thin-finn-comfort-free-shipping-returns-p-8156.html
http://www.tobi.com/product/4755-nudie-jeans-thin-finn-skinny-jeans-in-dry-comfort-denim-skinny
http://se.streetoutlet.com/store/productdetail.asp?CategoryID=0|0&BrandID=131&DisplayItemID=21573&Position=17&ListType=1

NUDIESALLDAY
22nd June 2008, 21:18
Hahaha yeah i was considering it just for the raw look but alas my gf doesnt like it :twisted:

I wish they made black denim with black stitching, Id be all over that. Something like the new non contrast stevens but black.

TFDCB's are black-on-black. no raw look, though....

wyc_qiuqiu
20th July 2008, 11:37
most are very nice.. i like them...

NUDIESALLDAY
21st July 2008, 20:09
i love my dry comforts, they were the first nudies i ever bought. still haven't washed them either, almost a year now!

jobesjobes
5th August 2008, 03:34
I think I have decided my next pair to be TF Dry Stretch. I am going to South America soon so they will be the only pants I will take with me! :-) Should get some nice wear!

dwie
5th August 2008, 16:11
What do you guys mean by "streaky"? Also maybe wrong section, but might as well post it here. Which one is the TF model with white stitching? I've seen them before but don't know which TF it was.

rickyxt
5th August 2008, 20:13
I think I have decided my next pair to be TF Dry Stretch. I am going to South America soon so they will be the only pants I will take with me! :-) Should get some nice wear!

Really good idea, I'll be doing this when I head off for 6 months!

TTsmasher
5th August 2008, 22:25
Yeah, I've never liked the "streaky" look either.

But then there's that awesome blue (?) stitching on the comforts..

I guess it's all personal preference.

wth!
6th August 2008, 17:29
i like the ds better

Frodrik
7th August 2008, 10:51
What do you guys mean by "streaky"? Also maybe wrong section, but might as well post it here. Which one is the TF model with white stitching? I've seen them before but don't know which TF it was.
I'm pretty sure that is this one: http://www.mynudies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5721

iwannudies
7th August 2008, 11:13
The warp and weft of streaky denim is spun with vertical effect.

andreapirlo
11th October 2008, 20:14
Will be getting my tfds this week, cant wait. Chose it over sjdj cos im a skinny jack.

hippopatamus
4th December 2008, 07:28
is it the fit of the dry comfort is the same with the organic one?
im thinking to pick some of TFDC......and ofcourse it because the blue back stitching...sssoooo

roirio
21st December 2008, 13:50
hm..i post these on TFDSS thread, but hell i'll post some comparison of my TFDC size 30 with my TFDSS size 27 (TFDSS is still a TFDS right?:mrgreen:)

well here it is..

brand new TFDSS
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/roirio/TFDSSsize27x32.jpg

Washed TFDC
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/roirio/tfdc-blazerpremium.jpg

To><ikon
21st December 2008, 21:49
Love both those fits.

Seems as though there is a HUGE difference in sizing between the stretch selvage, and just stretch. They look almost the same, but are 3 waist sizes apart.

nudie4life
23rd December 2008, 16:37
hey roirio. how old are those tdfc.. and also how many times have u washed them.. do they fit the same as normal stretch ?

roirio
28th December 2008, 19:26
TFDC on the picture is about 1year of wear and its been washed twice. first on 7th month and the second at 12th mnths.

hm..i guess they are a little bit smaller than TFDS. just a little bit smaller

sayocean
3rd January 2009, 05:55
LOVE the blazer supremes!

acw816
22nd January 2009, 10:02
hows the sizing on the tfdc? is it any different than dry stretch? im not so sure about the streaky look of dry comforts but i like they have the blue stitching instead of the orange. what do you guys think?

kickmyshin
16th February 2009, 12:04
roirio ur TFDC looks soo dayyyum nicee!
i want my thin finns look and fit just like that.
btw how tall are u? and wut length for your TFDC?

roirio
17th February 2009, 04:53
@sayocean : yeah love it too mate. thx!

@acw816 : i guess TFDC's sizing is the same with regular TFDS. i know,indigo embo looks good imo.

@kickmyshin : thx alot mr. KickMyShin. those TFDC on the picture is already washed 2 times and they shrink a lot imo. when they are brand new and worn for 6 months, they look pretty baggy, you can see it on the gallery (i posted it on the gallery months ago)

hmm. i'm about 160-165cm tall, and that is 32 length on the Dry Comforts..

kickmyshin
17th February 2009, 09:31
oh okay then maybe i should get the 34 length then cuz im 180cm.
and btw how do u stack up on ur ankle so nicely like that, if i try doing that it always come out like its just baggy on my ankle.
maybe becuz my jeans were never tighter than thin finns?

roirio
17th February 2009, 13:53
i dont really know how, it just happens to be like that. :)

woody
28th March 2009, 06:16
oh okay then maybe i should get the 34 length then cuz im 180cm.

i just got some tfdc a week ago and only got the 32 leg... and im about 185. isnt heaps of stacking as i usually cuff the end up, but i wear lots of hightop nikes anyways... try em on and see what you think. they're fine for me. :-D