PDA

View Full Version : so..i'm like, here and stuff.

Johnny Cache
29th April 2007, 00:39
Sup Everybody,
been lurking for a minute, but you guys seem like such a cool bunch, i thought i'd join the fray. so here i am..good to be here. :D

bilmaga
29th April 2007, 00:41
Glad to have you here :D .

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum

Legoland
29th April 2007, 00:42
so what jeans you got?

Ghost
29th April 2007, 00:55
Haha getting right too it. Right on Detroit man!

Johnny Cache
29th April 2007, 00:57
i'm brand-new to the dry scene. just ordered my first pair..ESOD's which i was quite pleased only set me back 99 bucks shipped from FOS5. i know prewash is evil around here, but you have to start somewhere i guess. :lol: right now other than the steves, the regular rotation is looking like this;

rock & republic taylors
edun sphinx
earnest sewn hutch
g-star low loose
true religion rainbow bobbys

a modest collection to say the least..looking forward to injecting the lineup with a few nice sweet shots of dry goodness, as funds allow :wink:

thanks for the welcome fellas.

Lou2006
29th April 2007, 01:08
Hey there, welcome to Mynudies!
This is generally a much friendlier forum than most concerning denim, I hope you enjoy it here. Don't forget to search before posting a new topic, as some members have been getting angry about topic re-posts :lol:

ExileOnMainStreet
29th April 2007, 01:54
only respectable thing in your top 5 is the earnest sewn but im glad you joined this forum because everyone here is concerned with your legitimacy

so how about those wings/pistons/tigers

cardcastleruins
29th April 2007, 01:58
when you get those stevens you better wear them everyday. you can keep those prewashes in a trashbag in your room or somthing. cuz you're probably never gunna want to look at them again. its the dry denim virus.

Johnny Cache
29th April 2007, 02:13
only respectable thing in your top 5 is the earnest sewn but im glad you joined this forum because everyone here is concerned with your legitimacy

so how about those wings/pistons/tigers

i didn't think anyone was gonna be doing backflips over what's currently hangin in the closet, but thanks for the affirmation. :lol:

tigers/pistons/wings triple-header today..needless to say not much was accomplished around these parts.

bilmaga
29th April 2007, 02:14
The wings won.

I personally was hoping for the Ducks because Detroit made a fool out of My flames :lol:

BlueOctoberFan
29th April 2007, 04:38
Glad to know that the Wings are doing well... Detroit was in such a slump for a while concerning most of their sports, but the Pistons and Wings have been better, which is nice. I lived there for a couple of years, several years ago.

Gsko
3rd May 2007, 09:15
i'm brand-new to the dry scene. just ordered my first pair..ESOD's which i was quite pleased only set me back 99 bucks shipped from FOS5. i know prewash is evil around here, but you have to start somewhere i guess. :lol: right now other than the steves, the regular rotation is looking like this;

rock & republic taylors
edun sphinx
earnest sewn hutch
g-star low loose
true religion rainbow bobbys

a modest collection to say the least..looking forward to injecting the lineup with a few nice sweet shots of dry goodness, as funds allow :wink:

thanks for the welcome fellas.

:shock: people in Detroit wear G-Star? what the hell I had no idea people wear it in the states. I remember looking for it while being in Vancouver/Salt Lake City but no succes. Well anyways I pretty much hate the brand now because of it's overrated status in the Netherlands + dry denim is the thing now ;)

Bobbejaan
3rd May 2007, 11:03
welcome dude

- And there is nothing wrong with G-STAR only ik could name a few brands i would prefer over them..

ALD
SKULL
NUDIE
etc... etc..

erchii
3rd May 2007, 11:04
G-Star has also drydenim and is not overrated, just (too) much people wear it and you can get it in almost every store, and also you can guess the look of the biggest part of their shirtcollection the next season. Not much variation (not everything, but in the greatest part of their collection)

Gsko
3rd May 2007, 14:08
yeah it's not so much the clothing itself, especially most of the pants are pretty cool (just worn by way too many people) but the tops are a little too much the same thing over and over again. Also what the hell :shock: I never knew they made dry denim too :? I think I actually once asked about it but then some1 told me they don't make any dry denim at all and anyway, I bet people that buy G-star havent even ever heard of or totally don't like the idea of dry denim.

but so anyway.. is G-star going popular all over the world nowadays or what?

BlueOctoberFan
3rd May 2007, 14:10
but so anyway.. is G-star going popular all over the world nowadays or what?

They have a store in NYC, but that's all that I've ever seen of them.

bilmaga
3rd May 2007, 14:45
There is quite a few places where I live to get g-star.

Gsko
3rd May 2007, 14:55
lol.. last summer when i visited Vancouver pretty much every store i asked never heard of G-star clothing.. guess I must've picked all the wrong stores :P

Now I am actually pretty glad I didn't buy any G-star there :lol: *worships nudie* :twisted:

erchii
3rd May 2007, 18:19
[quote="Gsko"]Also what the hell :shock: I never knew they made dry denim too :? I think I actually once asked about it but then some1 told me they don't make any dry denim at all and anyway, I bet people that buy G-star havent even ever heard of or totally don't like the idea of dry denim.quote]

they have, i don't know if they like it but they have made dry denim.
someone a few months ago purchased one (i don't know more the name, but it's someone from this forum from NL) and sarlo got a pair

http://www.mynudies.com/modules/mx_smartor/album.php?smartor_mode=album_showpage&pic_id=1131

http://www.mynudies.com/modules/mx_smartor/album.php?smartor_mode=album_showpage&pic_id=1268

he got some more pics in the photo section by "Other Brands"

Gsko
3rd May 2007, 18:26
hmm haha.. they are being hated on pretty hard though :D

sarlo

i think when the digging in of my stone island is positive.. i will bury my g-star..

lol btw.. I always thougth RAW was just G-star language for dry, am I right?

pretty cool except for like 99 outta 100 people buy them not even knowing about dry denim :x

BlueOctoberFan
3rd May 2007, 18:38
I always thougth RAW was just G-star language for dry, am I right?

It seems to me that the two terms are used interchangeably.

Bobbejaan
3rd May 2007, 19:16
i know

i live in amsterdam. you don't see it that much here.

people are more expressive and individual. and you can buy heaps more cloathing

bilmaga
4th May 2007, 02:15
I saw the raw g-stars at Winners believe it or not (Canadians will know what I'm talking about)

Pretty cheap too. But to be honest, I wasn't a fan of them, and the denim didn't feel that great either (at least the ones that I saw)

Gsko
4th May 2007, 10:56
yeah well like I mentioned; people here just buy it to be a part of something, irregardles wether it really looks or feels good.

In the Netherlands (not everywhere but in big parts of it) lots of people are like sheep, they will buy or copy anything a larger group does just because they don't have an mind or style of their own.

pretty sad but oh well at least I don't wear G-star :lol:

Fhunkit
4th May 2007, 11:02
yeah well like I mentioned; people here just buy it to be a part of something, irregardles wether it really looks or feels good.

In the Netherlands (not everywhere but in big parts of it) lots of people are like sheep, they will buy or copy anything a larger group does just because they don't have an mind or style of their own.

pretty sad but oh well at least I don't wear G-star :lol:

My school is full of G-star too... I'm one of like 5 guys and girls who knows about the dry concept (as far as I know)..

G-star has got a too main-headed-mainline, it's too much of the same, and yes, people wear it to be part of a group- Especially the jeans with the big "GSTAR RAW" stitchings are populair =/

erchii
4th May 2007, 11:14
yeah but not all of them (like me :P ) i wear also some g-star shirts and i haven't seen ANYONE with it, it's most of the time a bit expensiver than the other G-starlines. the mainstream are the shirts with the big G-STAR RAW or G-STAR 3301 on it like Phunkit said, but they got also a nice line, like some things from Marc Newson. so not all of the people who wears it are sheeps who want to be part of the mainstream. be careful with what you said Gsko :wink:

and about following people: more and more people are wearing/going to wear Nudie so in this case you're also a (bit of a) sheep like SOME of the g-star wearers

Gsko
9th May 2007, 17:51
haha yes I understand ur point here mate :wink: but it's still a huge difference the way I see it.. u know what I mean right? :roll:

Sarge
9th May 2007, 18:55
In the UK you can get G-Star in Republic, which is like a H&M sort of shop but tackier.