PDA

View Full Version : questions about soaking process

jeans ruined my life
11th April 2007, 04:43
i have been wearing my evisu's No.2 type denim for about a good 2 months. do you think it would be right to do a 1 hour soak?? or should i just keep wearing them in. ill post pictures later

zarbwire
11th April 2007, 04:48
what are you trying to achieve by soaking?

jeans ruined my life
11th April 2007, 04:58
the thing is that im kinda of new to the whole wearing in dry denim. ive been reading forums other than these (superfuture for example) and people have been doing 1 hour soaks and hanging their jeans to dry. i dont plan on washing my jeans for a good 8 months since these evisus take much longer to break in and create great contrast and wear patterns. but like i said would it do anything good for me in the long run to soak now?

bilmaga
11th April 2007, 05:24
Not if you don't have a reason to do a soak (too much stretching, smell, dirty, etc.)

Tiro
11th April 2007, 11:59
also, are those evisu sanforized? otherwise you should have soaked them in the beginning...

not much use in soaking them now I guess, except for making sure the denim doesn't become weak by dirt and sweat...

cameland
11th April 2007, 12:18
i soaked my evisu no 2's after about 2 months just to get some more shrinkage out of the way and yeah it shrunk more in the legs and stuff.

Overall though i think you can wash your evisu's more liberally than nudies. they seem to fade quicker than nudies to me. I've soaked my evisus in hot water 3 times already after 3 or 4 months and they are still much darker than my one cold wash RRDS!

but yeah no reason to soak if its not needed.