PDA

View Full Version : Thin Finn Dry Black Coated Sizing Question

semiotic
8th April 2007, 15:24
Please excuse the new topic, I read through most of the threads but couldn't really find an answer. I am looking to buy a TFDBC, but can't quite decide on the size. For reference: I'm 179 cm 62 kg, I've got a Slim Jim Black Black which fits me quite nicely in 29/32 (waist was pretty tight at first, but they stretched to a comfortable fit), I'm also a 29 in April 77 Joey Overdrives, and a 30 in Cheap Monday Tight Drys. All are a tight but not painted on fit. So how would a TFDBC in 29/32 fit me? Probably slim but not skintight? Or should I size down to a 28? Help would be appreciated!

Drewbee
8th April 2007, 22:51
Id say get a 28. I wear 29's in my jims and heard that the coated run a tad big. Fit perfectly. I weigh about 140 145 pounds...Hope that kind of helps.

semiotic
10th April 2007, 01:29
Thanks for the answer, so zoovillage shipped mine in 29x32 before I could cancel the order unfortunately, I hope they don't turn out to be too loose, or maybe they still look good when worn a bit loose :)

Drewbee
10th April 2007, 07:23
They should look fine...mine fit great but seem a bit tight in the legs for my liking...o well.

Ghost
10th April 2007, 08:49
Mine still cling pretty well, and they're slightly loose so I just hang them lower off my hips and they work out great. Now I really need to get some Bootcut Olas and see how to size those. I would think size up since they're much lower on the waist.

semiotic
14th April 2007, 11:19
I received them yesterday and they're awesome! I could have definitely sized down, but now they look skinny without being tight, which is a good thing imo. I'm also positively surprised by the cut kinda prefer it over Cheap Monday/April77 actually. Might get a dry blue one to trash for summer, probably sized down one or two then :)

abbazaba
20th April 2007, 02:56
don't size down too much, or at all, for the dry blues. they run a bit smaller than the black/black coated.

SLAB
20th May 2007, 01:40
semiotic
are these the ones you ordered from zoovillage?
its a bit confusing because they are advertised as 'dry black' but picture is obviously not 'dry black' but looks more like ' dry black coated'
http://europe.zoovillage.com/store/productdetail.asp?CategoryID=0|0&BrandID=131&DisplayItemID=24532&Position=39&ListType=1

semiotic
20th May 2007, 01:48
No, I think those are actually dry blacks and they messed up with the pictures.
(edit) Just saw that zoovillage doesn't have the tfdbcs on their site anymore. Before they had dbs and dbcs on there with the same picture.