PDA

View Full Version : 1 month in, thinking about a soak to shrink...

Gregory
7th April 2007, 07:37
Ok so here's the story:

I've been wearing my TFDB's...HARD...for the past month (7 days a week non stop through everything), they are wearing suprisingly well, considering Dry Blacks are so hard to break in. Problem, they have stretched out a fair bit and are almost too big now (I bought a 27, there were no 26's at the time, and they fit until recently...) Wondering if it would be appropriate to hot soak them to shrink them up a little bit?
Will this work?
Is it too early?
Will they shrink up in length at all? (I could stand to lose some length)

any help/suggestions will be appreciated!

(pics soon to follow)

Greg

thief
7th April 2007, 08:18
I'd wait son.
Finns stretch like a mother, and the shrinkage from a hot soak would last like 2 wears anyway.
Might as well tough it out man, the end result will be worth it.

cameland
7th April 2007, 08:32
well if you don't care too much about your jeans then chuck them into the dryer for a while maybe that will help.

bilmaga
7th April 2007, 08:35
I'd wait son.
Finns stretch like a mother, and the shrinkage from a hot soak would last like 2 wears anyway.
Might as well tough it out man, the end result will be worth it.

Very true. I would wait as long as you can. Whatever shrinkage you do get, will only be temporary and you will be back to where you are now in no time. Unless you plan on hot soaking once a month?

Jakob
7th April 2007, 12:39
26 :shock:

Dude, i think they'll stretch to fit, don't worry. Even though i would recommend everybody to dog a shrink sp the lenght don't catch you by surpirse after the first wash. :)

Ghost
7th April 2007, 23:39
My Finns are pretty loose up above but they hang nicely off the hips. I don't think they'll stretch much other then in the upper thighs and I'm ok with that. Lengthwise I wouldn't mind losing some length there but it'll be a while before I soak and wash these. Same goes for my Sven's.