PDA

View Full Version : Second Life

ihayano
6th April 2007, 05:04
i just started a few days ago but i'm hooked. its like every cyberpunk novel i've read come true. anyone else addicted to SL?

bilmaga
6th April 2007, 05:19
What is it? (sorry if this is a stupid question)

ihayano
6th April 2007, 05:24
its sort of a social network/game, however i hesitate to use the term game because its not like there are any points or any way to win lose. but its a 3D world where you create an avatar and can pretty much do anything. theres a monetary system called linden dollars which you can exchange for real money so its you can actually profit from the game. you can buy land, build stuff, sell things you create, goto clubs, basically anything you can think of... its seriously like a whole new world. its free to play too! everyone should check it out!

rUmmeh
6th April 2007, 19:10
It's gettin pretty big, large companies are investing into it too, the BBC(google it if you dont know who/what the BBC is) even had an online concert in SL. Some guy invested and re-built a part of Amsterdam, then sold it for $50,000 real cash.

I tried it for 5mins, got bored and uninstalled it, but each to his own.

zarbwire
6th April 2007, 20:55
I read a big article in newsweek and got all excited.

then I found out my graphics card couldnt handle it.

maybe thats a positive thing? :wink:

ihayano
7th April 2007, 00:19
I tried it for 5mins, got bored and uninstalled it, but each to his own.
did you even get past the tutorial island? once you get to the mainland and you see how expansive the world really is, its alot more interesting