PDA

View Full Version : dry vs. dry stretch????

afroninja
2nd April 2007, 08:31
Sorry if this has been asked before but I just got some thin finns(31x32). Now prior to these finns I had another pair of finns(32x32) but it was too big so i exchanged it for a 31X32. But I noticed that these finns that i recieved said "Dry" and is 100% cotton. I thought all Dry thin finns were 98% cotton and 2% elastane(whatever it's called?). Is there a difference between the two? Obviously the "dry stretch" stretch but are the cut and fit the same? I know it's not a big deal, but I was just curious.

*sorry for the big pics

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/enillo/P1000620.jpg

VS

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/enillo/P1000586.jpg

zarbwire
6th April 2007, 21:29
the non-stretch wear a bit baggier.

bilmaga
6th April 2007, 21:37
I just noticed that the 100% cotton finns in the pic is a broken twill.

cameland
6th April 2007, 21:44
I just noticed that the 100% cotton finns in the pic is a broken twill.

yeah most definitely broken twill, good eyes bilmaga. Nudie seem to have these anomalies come up quite often for some reason, i have no idea why.

On the subject of the finns in question....Well then sir you have got yourself a very unique pair of finns. Id personally keep them because it seems somewhat rare plus i think broken twill is a pretty cool weave and underused in a lot of dry denim stuff except wranglers of course! ;)

bilmaga
6th April 2007, 22:42
After I saw that, I checked some of my jeans and discovered that my SJD are a broken twill. I thought that the older ones were broken twill, but the newer ones weren't (except for last seasons SJ dry broken).

cameland
7th April 2007, 08:36
yeah my old jims were broken twill and so were my friends newer ones, i dunno if they are still redcasted like before though. I always thought jims were moving to the crappy ola denim.

bilmaga
7th April 2007, 08:38
Yeah, I figured my jims were the ola denim. They felt the same, but now I know for sure that they are different.

Pressure Thief
7th April 2007, 23:29
my finns actually say 97% cotton and 3% elastane. did i get jipped?

bilmaga
7th April 2007, 23:32
No. I think that the newer models are 97-3

white_giraffe
7th April 2007, 23:57
shit man, that is nice. i want some 100% cotton, broken twill finns. is it all just random, factory mishap that some are 100% cotton, 2% stretch and 3% stretch? or depends on season? maybe i will look more closely when i try on some nudies...

afroninja
9th April 2007, 03:27
yeah I think they're different by seasons. anyways they're a little big on me so i gotta let these go. check the marketplace.

Thanks for all the help guys. Whats better broken twill or right/left hand twill?