PDA

View Full Version : SNUS

ralf
24th May 2005, 22:43
has anyone here (who is not from sweden) tried the swedish tobacco snus?

what is you opinion about it?

batman
24th May 2005, 23:08
Lovely product! :D

ferris909
24th May 2005, 23:44
Sorry if this seems a little ignorant, but what exactly is snus, and what do you do with it?

batman
25th May 2005, 00:03
Moist tobacco that you put under your upper lip. A big Swedish thing but also common in other northern European countries like Norway and Germany. You might have seen back pockets on Nudie Jeans that have a circle worn on it....that is from a snus can.

Thorns
25th May 2005, 01:42
whats the difference between that and chew/dip?

batman
25th May 2005, 02:20
Pretty much the same. It's made from the same tobacco. Some differences:

- Snus doesn't make you spit as much as chew/dip
- Snus is more fine cut...easier to pack. Not as stringy/leafy as chew/dip.
- Snus has less effect on your health.

ralf
25th May 2005, 17:51
snus is very finely cut. ground tobacco that you pack between your fingers and shoves up under your lip.
it also comes in portion bags looking a bit like teabags but much smaller.. that is for convenience so you wont get messy brown fingers and snus in your whole mouth.

snus is extremely addictive.. ive been chewing tobacco for a while and when i stop doing that to rest my gums and prevent getting too addicted i have no problems at all.. but when i am without snus for a period.... im climbing the walls the first weeks. :lol:
i am also the only person i know that can decide when i want some snus. everyone else i know (and at my age in sweden, every fourth male use it) takes 20 portions per day and even sometimes when they sleep.

there is a quite big variety of snus on the market.. everything from almost dry tobacco powder in tiny tiny bags, flavoured with fruit, menthol, coffe etc (tastes more like candy than tobacco) to moist course grounded snus almost without any flavouring (there is almost always salt in it and often very little alcohol).

i love to enjoy my snus to a cup of coffee... when the flavours blend youre in heaven.. :)

still would like to hear a foreigner who has tried it so dont hesitate to post.

Tyler
25th May 2005, 18:25
I don't mean to be offensive but it sounds revolting - doesn't it make your teeth brown or stain them? Receding gums perhaps? Having a load of leaves stuffed in my upper lip doesn't sound very appealing. I thought Snus was like snuff, which used to be sniffed from between the fingers in the last century. Snuff is outlawed in the UK.

Having said all of the above, I am a smoker so I guess burning leaves and inhaling the smoke is no better but still...

batman
25th May 2005, 19:02
Yes, snus can discolor your teeth and make your gums recede...although it is after very long use. I've seen old guys who've used it their whole lives and they doesn't seem to been affected by it. I guess it's just like smoking....it hurts some people more than others.

I prefer snus to smoking though....it tastes better and it doesn't affect people around you. Best yet, you can use it pretty much everywhere.

ralf
26th May 2005, 09:12
i use the snuff as well, great stuff :D

well yes it stains your teeth and it messes up your gum. but compare it with smoking that destroys your lungs and dental hygiene seems like a small problem.

kyle
17th December 2005, 03:29
I heard of Snus, I live in Canada though so never seen it, alot of guys I know go to europe and do it, I hear it's good. I dip big time, and snuff alot too, and smoke... I like snuff the best though, I have some in now.

klart_det
17th December 2005, 14:27
i use snus somthimes, mostly when i cant smoke, (on planes and trains)

Anybody use snuff???

kyle
18th December 2005, 02:43
Yeah I use snuff alot, I just did a line.

rotta
18th December 2005, 13:01
what's snus? :D

Db
19th December 2005, 19:30
I think it's revolting two, I've heard stories of people who had holes in thair gums.
Is it true? can that happen if you use it allot?

sounds discusting doesn't it??? :?

Bobbejaan
22nd April 2006, 20:38
can somebody post a pic of one of those snus cans ?

mixedup
22nd April 2006, 20:41
so it sounds like it's in a round container, and the tobacco itself is inside a little tea-bag like thing...like copenhagen or skoal or something??? they were/are available in small teabag like things with various flavourings. i remember using the wintergreen one a few times when i was back in highschool...

mixedup
22nd April 2006, 20:42
http://www.ussmokeless.com/content.cfm?id=49

Bobbejaan
23rd April 2006, 02:21
thanks for the pic

this stuff would'nt work in the netherlands because you can smoke weed from a pretty young age

:twisted:

Dingo
23rd April 2006, 04:00
i?ve tried snus when i went to sweden, but i thought it was disgusting? sorry to all you guys that like it, but it just wasn?t my kind of thing. i?m a smoker, though?

unlike batman wrote earlier, snus is not very famous here in germany. i don?t know anybody who does it, and i?ve never seen it in shops, so i don?t think that it?s wellknown around here.

mjg
23rd April 2006, 06:43
i'm from the us and my buddy from norway got me into it. i enjoy it, it;s good stuff (especially because now in some states one cannot smoke indoors anymore). it's a good alternative to have when at bars.

Hedman
23rd April 2006, 11:44
unlike batman wrote earlier, snus is not very famous here in germany. i don?t know anybody who does it, and i?ve never seen it in shops, so i don?t think that it?s wellknown around here.
I don't think other countries are allowed to sell snus. Don't know why?
You can only get it in sweden and on the web ofcourse :)

VolitioN
23rd April 2006, 12:04
you can buy snus other places then sweden! just bought a new box today in norway! great product - with some side effects: i tend to look like something not pretty when i stuff it up my lip, and most women hate it.. however as someone here said: its a great alternative to smoking since the new smokinglaws came to norway!

Turbo
23rd April 2006, 13:01
I don't think other countries are allowed to sell snus.

It's forbidden to sell snus in the EU countries, except for Sweden, because the EU court has decided that it makes users get cancer. The companies in Sweden that make snus (mainly Swedish Match) are trying to re-legalize it though, since many countries are thinking of having all public areas completely smokefree, which makes snus a good alternative.

Xanda
23rd April 2006, 20:13
I don't think other countries are allowed to sell snus.

It's forbidden to sell snus in the EU countries, except for Sweden, because the EU court has decided that it makes users get cancer. The companies in Sweden that make snus (mainly Swedish Match) are trying to re-legalize it though, since many countries are thinking of having all public areas completely smokefree, which makes snus a good alternative.

that sounds stpuid enough, doesnt ciggy make uesrs get cancer? :roll:

Turbo
27th April 2006, 11:09
yes, but all people with power are bought and corrupted by Philip Morris

dave023
11th July 2006, 23:39
I've tried some snus recently "General snus" it's really strong stuff, in the beginning I liked the taste but after a while it started working on my stomach and it gave me some headache... :(
Have to mention I'm a non smoker....

La Brea
12th July 2006, 02:10
this is the most popular brand here in the US... I don't chew anymore though.

http://www.sixthseal.com/images/copenhagen_long_cut.jpg

dave023
18th August 2006, 23:57
Ok guys, who of you has a snus can in his backpocket just for the fading??

jeanspaleis
19th August 2006, 00:20
me and my brother snus 4 about 3 years now....and we love it to much......lol....cause we live in holland, we have to order it from Sweden and sometimes when we order some new snus too late....well it's like hell to be without it....But it's all great when the new snus arrives....hihihihihihihihi...tried it ones and never stoped since!
Grzzzzzzz

jeanspaleis
19th August 2006, 00:22
don't be silly and never try it...cause then u r hooked 4 life.....hihhihihihihihi

M!ch
19th August 2006, 00:37
If it's not yet available in Holland it might be a good idea to become the first Dutch retailer for snus!

jeanspaleis
19th August 2006, 00:44
u could get it here, but it's forbidden now, so we can't order more then 20 cans!
Grzzzzz

mjg
19th August 2006, 02:11
i went to cigarillos in soho the other day and they didn't have any and the shopkeeper seemed rather bitter that they hadn't been sent any in a while.

MAC
19th August 2006, 13:17
If it's not yet available in Holland it might be a good idea to become the first Dutch retailer for snus!
Snus is the best !
We love it!
We use it 4 years and will never stop !
C U @ JEANSPALEIS

KillBill
19th August 2006, 15:36
don't be silly and never try it...cause then u r hooked 4 life.....hihhihihihihihi

that's exactly the advice i got from a girl who worked at a gasstation near Jonkopping when i asked her about snus...

Mitch_Nudie
24th August 2006, 23:05
I have tryed it.. and i liked it

mynudies
25th August 2006, 05:39
Yes, it's been forbidden in every EU country except Sweden because they have a long tradition and probably half the country uses it. It's still legal to mail order though......so if you want some you can order it from http://www.swefoods.com who sells it online and you pay with credit card.

More and more people are quitting smoking and starting using snus instead. Love it!

M!ch
25th August 2006, 10:24
Never tried it, what's the taste like?

mynudies
25th August 2006, 11:26
Never tried it, what's the taste like?

Most people don't like it the first time they try it. If you try the strong stuff and not used to nicotine it makes you dizzy and sometimes sick. The original flavors taste like raw tobacco but they also make some flavored stuff nowadays....like whiskey, mint, licorice, cranberry, etc. My favorite is G?teborgs Rap? White Portion. (don't misinterpret the word rap?.....it means shredded in old Swedish)

lenn
25th August 2006, 14:05
i'm kinda curious too now, i'd like to try the funny flavours... i'll ask if i can try some if i ever visit the jeanspaleis ;)

Jeansfun
25th August 2006, 15:33
]

nongnhum
13th September 2006, 15:38
i just try General Snus loose. why the test a bit spicy? just put a little bit under upper lip, then i feel sore :?:

batman
13th September 2006, 18:17
i just try General Snus loose. why the test a bit spicy? just put a little bit under upper lip, then i feel sore :?:

That is one of the stronger snus you tried. Maybe you should have tried a not so strong one the first time. Anyway, it's always a little strange in the beginning. Hope you didn't puke as many other people do the first time.

:D

nongnhum
13th September 2006, 18:49

That is one of the stronger snus you tried. Maybe you should have tried a not so strong one the first time. Anyway, it's always a little strange in the beginning. Hope you didn't puke as many other people do the first time.

i spited that out after hold in for 10 sec. :x
i feel sore at my gum. is it normal?

beefcake
13th September 2006, 20:10
wikipedia's got it covered; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus

if not mentioned before, there's also buysnus.com

i dont recommend anyone to start using, its really hard to quit. i quit for 8 months, had to see a therapist and shit. i started again during my vacation, and i dont regret that at the moment. i ****ing love it. i dont like the ring on my eternals' back pocket though, it's INSANE.

edit: why the **** is this ****ing shit censored?

cameland
14th September 2006, 03:00
alright im gonna order some snus from sweden. first time user, which one should i get?

nongnhum
14th September 2006, 03:41
alright im gonna order some snus from sweden. first time user, which one should i get?

u can buy it on eBay aus but they got only General

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/General-SNUS-loose-50gr-100-Swedish-Snuff_W0QQitemZ180028128480QQihZ008QQcategoryZ986Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cameland
14th September 2006, 03:52
i was hoping to get some of the weaker stuff. isnt general real strong?

Eric
26th November 2006, 23:50
i did a quick search but i'm not sure if anyone posted this before. there's a site that sells Swedish snus internationally. it's cheap and so is shipping.

http://www.northerner.com/snus.html

so anyone in the states that wants to start a new habit, have fun. i just want the circle in my jeans pocket.

Steel
27th November 2006, 00:09
i am from america and i have tried snus, a co worker brought it back from sweden, it very much (at least this particular flavor) reminded me of a clove cigarette, very tasty, and VERY catchy, we killed his tin in about a 6 hour period. very nice stuff, i was thinking of ordering some online, i too am curious what to get if i want that clove taste (ie; Djarum Black)

mjg
27th November 2006, 02:31
the weaker flavour is g?teborgs rap? or g?teborg's rap? no. 2. both taste awesome. i have some of those awating but right now i'm just using general white portion.

bilmaga
27th November 2006, 05:37
Are there duties for shipping tobacco across the world. I want to get some but I was worried that it would cost me an arm and a leg to get it too me.

Has anyone from Canada ordered snus online. Or if people from the US can give me some feedback, I would really appreciate it!

mjg
27th November 2006, 06:28
Are there duties for shipping tobacco across the world. I want to get some but I was worried that it would cost me an arm and a leg to get it too me.

Has anyone from Canada ordered snus online. Or if people from the US can give me some feedback, I would really appreciate it!

if you order it from the www.northerner.com all you pay is the price per can and the shipping, and it's realy cheap. also, the longest it's taken to get to me is under two weeks. they're really great when it comes to sending out the snus.

batman
27th November 2006, 07:40
I buy snus and other Swedish stuff from www.SweFoods.com

The guy running the shop ships very fast and is very good in responding to questions.

Siddhartha
27th November 2006, 08:35
Skoal Peach!
delicious flavour

cafc
27th November 2006, 15:19
the weaker flavour is g?teborgs rap? or g?teborg's rap? no. 2. both taste awesome. i have some of those awating but right now i'm just using general white portion.

Man, I've just bought both Goteborg's from The Northerner. They arrived last Friday and the Rap? is without doubt the best portion snus I've tried - really spicy and peppery. A great taste. I'm going to have to order more as this is gonna go pretty quickly. (I also got the Rap? in loose, which is a real buzz but messy as all heck!)

And I too recommend The Northerner. Very cheap and realiable and a great selection of brands, flavours and accessories.

smarreh
28th November 2006, 19:45
Best snus is defenitly G?teborgs rap? and also kronan!
:wink:

cafc
28th November 2006, 20:02
Best snus is defenitly G?teborgs rap? and also kronan!
:wink:

Just this morning I placed an order for some more G?teborgs rap? and Kronan. Still haven't got the hang of loose yet, though. I'm walking round like some black-toothed lunatic!

bourbon
5th May 2007, 05:25
i wanted to try snus..does anyone know how to buy snus in SYDNEY...if i need to order from overseas..is it legal??will i get problem wit the custom dept. ?? cuz i've been asking around and some of the store says its illegal in AUS.. :?

-nudiefive-
5th May 2007, 06:09
i just ordered some snus online..if its illegal then will i be charged? :lol:

bilmaga
5th May 2007, 06:18
I think all they can do is tax you. I can't see how a tobacco is illegal?

Ghost
5th May 2007, 06:20
Yeah it ain't crack, kids. lol

-nudiefive-
5th May 2007, 06:26
haha yeah..but ive been reading the ozs regulations and they said oral tabacco is banned..well..we'll see when i got my snus :lol:

bilmaga
5th May 2007, 06:27
When I order snus, if it gets caught at customs, I pay duties and taxes. It sometimes can be quite expensive but oh well.

Canada is one of the most anal Countries in the world, and it still crosses the border.

Ghost
5th May 2007, 06:44
I picked some Goteborg Rape and Wise just to try the flavoured kind. I always like the Green Apple Skoal tobaccy but apparently they don't have any of that here.

Gsko
5th May 2007, 11:59
lol this is pretty random topic to me cuz I just found out about snus too through nudies xD

and now I was really interested to try it soon but my mom wont let me when I told her she said it's addictive :?

but first off I was like whatever I'm gonna try it anyways without her knowing.. but then I actually found out it's really not that great (healthwise) so now I'm in a bit of a argue with myself about trying it because it still really interests me.

so: try or not try?

mjg
5th May 2007, 14:02
I picked some Goteborg Rape and Wise just to try the flavoured kind. I always like the Green Apple Skoal tobaccy but apparently they don't have any of that here.

dude snus is so much better than skoal.

MAC
5th May 2007, 14:12

Goteborg Rape is what i use and i love it!
I use it for 4 years know, but i tried to quit, but it's not working!
Mac.

Sarge
5th May 2007, 14:14
lol this is pretty random topic to me cuz I just found out about snus too through nudies xD

and now I was really interested to try it soon but my mom wont let me when I told her she said it's addictive :?

but first off I was like whatever I'm gonna try it anyways without her knowing.. but then I actually found out it's really not that great (healthwise) so now I'm in a bit of a argue with myself about trying it because it still really interests me.

well it's tobacco.... so are you gonna go your whole life without ever trying a cigarette?! same thinking applies to snus i reckon!

mjg
5th May 2007, 14:15

Goteborg Rape is what i use and i love it!
I use it for 4 years know, but i tried to quit, but it's not working!
Mac.

i used to use the Rape as well, but then i stopped using snus altogether.

have you tried teh Rape No. 2? that has a good flavour to it as well.

Gsko
5th May 2007, 15:03

well it's tobacco.... so are you gonna go your whole life without ever trying a cigarette?! same thinking applies to snus i reckon!

YES!

omg yesyesyes :o

I really am gonna live my whole life fighting over ever trying lighting 1 single cigarrete!

it's so retarted imo :lol: (no offense to all u smokers:P)

but I do smoke weed so I guess that's pretty hypocrite xD

loste
5th May 2007, 17:09
Snus is very popular here in Norway. I use it sometimes when i am not able to smoke. I use General portion since i am not very good at baking the snus, it gets to messy then.

bourbon
6th May 2007, 05:22
haha yeah..but ive been reading the ozs regulations and they said oral tabacco is banned..well..we'll see when i got my snus :lol:

well let me know when u got it nudiefive...btw, where did u order it online??...and which brand did u get??

i saw somewhere in a webb, it says 'if am not mistaken' snus'n is better 'in health' than actually smoke'n...

which brand that is nice aniwae,...i read before someone says 'kronan'...anymore suggestn nudie'rs?

-nudiefive-
6th May 2007, 05:28

well let me know when u got it nudiefive...btw, where did u order it online??...and which brand did u get??

i saw somewhere in a webb, it says 'if am not mistaken' snus'n is better 'in health' than actually smoke'n...

which brand that is nice aniwae,...i read before someone says 'kronan'...anymore suggestn nudie'rs?

sure buddy..i got it from http://www.northerner.com/snus.html and i got the general snus and the onyx :D ill let you know if i get em without gettin taxed :D

Ghost
6th May 2007, 06:11

I'm definitely looking forward to trying these.

Though I think the top brands are General, Goteborg, Kronan and another I can't remember the name.

bourbon
6th May 2007, 08:07
sure buddy..i got it from http://www.northerner.com/snus.html and i got the general snus and the onyx :D ill let you know if i get em without gettin taxed :D

cheers matey :D iL browse around www.northerner for the mean time :lol:

bilmaga
6th May 2007, 09:21
www.buysnus.com is also very good. Since Canada customs sucks, they will break up the shipment into smaller quantities and ship it day after day until the entire order has shipped. That way, it slides through customs alot easier since the package is smaller.

Gregory
6th May 2007, 18:52

so, so much better.
if you have to chew skoal however, citrus and apple are pretty decent.

mml6691
6th May 2007, 18:58
wow, this thread is really making me want to try snus

f4igurl
6th May 2007, 19:07
I've been dabbling! :lol:

Find it really very pleasant, and have been using the flavored mini white portions.

Having said that, I did try the RL fine loose snus, and the flavor/experience is far superior... I just refuse be out in public with it! :oops:

So I save it as my post dinner/coffee evening treat! :)

Arianuz
15th August 2007, 13:21
question:

since i got my AJDBS i want to keep a snus box in my backpocket. so i'm now looking for a traditional kind of taste snus. so wich brand of snus do i have to buy and what taste? and i have to order it online but i don't own a credit card.

does anybody know a proxy here in holland or another way to order it?

thanks already

loste
15th August 2007, 21:08
i have the impression that some members of the site dont know what snus is, so here are some pics to show you what it is.
This is the brand i use, General, the golden one is loose snus and the other portion snus
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x41/loste585/IMG_0439.jpg

Loose snus
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x41/loste585/IMG_0441.jpg

You roll the loose snus into a firm ball or something and put it under your upper lip.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x41/loste585/IMG_0449.jpg

This is the portion snus, we call them diapers or bags. stuff em under the upper lip
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x41/loste585/IMG_0445.jpg

A single bag/diaper/pouch
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x41/loste585/IMG_0448.jpg

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 08:43
Do people in Aus use snus?

Arianuz
16th August 2007, 09:22
question:

since i got my AJDBS i want to keep a snus box in my backpocket. so i'm now looking for a traditional kind of taste snus. so wich brand of snus do i have to buy and what taste? and i have to order it online but i don't own a credit card.

does anybody know a proxy here in holland or another way to order it?

thanks already

quote myself on this one

bump

loste
16th August 2007, 12:37
do you have to order online? dont they sell snus in Holland?
I can proxy some snus to you, but i live in Norway....so.....hmmm...

General is the most used brand here. Ettan is also popular. But General is a little strong so maybe you should get a milder brand. There is also snus with different kinds of taste too, the liqourice is quite good.

cameland
16th August 2007, 12:39
I dunno how you can put something like that in your mouth! It looks like a tea bag....in more ways than one actually.

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 12:45
Do all snus boxes have that ring around the rim? For those who put them in your back pocket, how does it feel to have that under your arse? I feel like putting one in my AJ backpockets. My ESOD look weird with wallet fade on right and nothing on left :-?

loste
16th August 2007, 12:46
i know, thats why we call them bags. It is quite good actually. And lately it has exploded with snus use here in Norway. Liike it is cool or something. Sales have sky rocketed lately. It is cool among the kids now, cooler than smoking....lol

Snus have always been popular in Skandinavia but now it has exploded.

cameland
16th August 2007, 12:47
Can you talk whilst its in your mouth?

loste
16th August 2007, 12:48
Do all snus boxes have that ring around the rim? For those who put them in your back pocket, how does it feel to have that under your arse? I feel like putting one in my AJ backpockets. My ESOD look weird with wallet fade on right and nothing on left :-?

They are flat on the bottom side.

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 12:50
How do people get the ring fade then? From the cover? Do you put one in your back pocket?

Arianuz
16th August 2007, 12:54
do you have to order online? dont they sell snus in Holland?
I can proxy some snus to you, but i live in Norway....so.....hmmm...

General is the most used brand here. Ettan is also popular. But General is a little strong so maybe you should get a milder brand. There is also snus with different kinds of taste too, the liqourice is quite good.

yes, i have to order it online, they do not sell snus anymore here because it's illegal or something.

i'm looking for basicaly the most common snus, i'm not gonna use it but i just want to put in in my backpocket since i don't want to put a can of lip-shit in it because i think thats fake snus box fading.

can you proxy me some snus? is that possible? how much does one can cost? and how do i have to trasfer the money to your bank acount? is it possible to just transfer money to your bank account easily?

thanks allready, you are one cool viking man!

loste
16th August 2007, 12:54
How do people get the ring fade then? From the cover? Do you put one in your back pocket?

well....because the box has the rounded shape...lol. It is a hard round plastic box, no wonder you get a ring fade then....is it??? lol

I dont carry it much in my backpocket because i dont want the ring fade on my jeans.

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 12:57
If its illegal won't they stop it at customs Anuz?

Hmm, I have obsessive compulsive disorder. I love some form of symettry for things. So I can't stand my left back pocket being blank and major wallet fade on the right.

loste
16th August 2007, 12:58
yes, i have to order it online, they do not sell snus anymore here because it's illegal or something.

i'm looking for basicaly the most common snus, i'm not gonna use it but i just want to put in in my backpocket since i don't want to put a can of lip-shit in it because i think thats fake snus box fading.

can you proxy me some snus? is that possible? how much does one can cost? and how do i have to trasfer the money to your bank acount? is it possible to just transfer money to your bank account easily?

thanks allready, you are one cool viking man!

well, since you are not going to use it i can send you an empty box if you are just gonna keep it in your backpocket for the fade. I can send you one ,no problem.

But if you want it with snus in it cost 58 NOK, but if you get someone from Sweden to send you one it only cost 35 or 30 NOK. Much cheaper there.

Is it REALLY illegal in Holland? WOW

Arianuz
16th August 2007, 12:59
If its illegal won't they stop it at customs Anuz?

sorry, don't understand.. come again? or could you speak dutch? :lol:

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 13:00
well, since you are not going to use it i can send you an empty box if you are just gonna keep it in your backpocket for the fade. I can send you one ,no problem.

Loste you're the man! Thanks buddy! I'll pm ya :)

sorry, don't understand.. come again? or could you speak dutch? :lol:

Haha, I mean will they confiscate it at the Customs Department of your country since its illegal? Sorry I can't speak dutch!

Arianuz
16th August 2007, 13:02

But if you want it with snus in it cost 58 NOK, but if you get someone from Sweden to send you one it only cost 35 or 30 NOK. Much cheaper there.

Is it REALLY illegal in Holland? WOW

oh well, 58 NOK is 7 euro's that's not much, i prefer with snus in it

yeah illegal, illegal what's illegal... it may not be sold anymore

Arianuz
16th August 2007, 13:04
Haha, I mean will they confiscate it at the Customs Department of your country since its illegal? Sorry I can't speak dutch![/QUOTE]

you mean that they will keep it at the border? no they don't keep it, but it may not be sold anymore at tabac shops

loste
16th August 2007, 13:07
oh well, 58 NOK is 7 euro's that's not much, i prefer with snus in it

yeah illegal, illegal what's illegal... it may not be sold anymore

Okey no problem. I can send you some. Just send money to my paypal account. Send me a PM.

But if snus is illegal/agains the law/banned in Holland maybe the customs will not let it pass customs. But i cant belive snus is illegal in Holland, since Cannabis/pot/hasj is legal.

I can send you some too iwannanudies

Arianuz
16th August 2007, 13:09
Okey no problem. I can send you some. Just send money to my paypal account. Send me a PM.

But if snus is illegal/agains the law/banned in Holland maybe the customs will not let it pass customs. But i cant belive snus is illegal in Holland, since Cannabis/pot/hasj is legal.

send you a pm, i don't have paypall also because i need to have a creditcard for that too, isn't there another way to send you money, just from my bankacount to yours?

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 13:09

:mrgreen: PM sent my badass friend!

cameland
16th August 2007, 13:14
Joe you must share!

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 13:16
Joe you must share!

Share?? Its an empty box! :lol:

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 13:18
HEhe was just a PM to arrange for him to send me the empty box:)

cameland
16th August 2007, 13:24
damn, well share your box with me then.

Arianuz
16th August 2007, 13:27
haha, you guys have to send that box back and forth to each other every week!

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 13:29
Lolz Pm Loste I'm sure he has more than 1 empty snus box :lol:

bilmaga
16th August 2007, 15:04
Do you guys have other chewing tobacco in Australia?

Like skoal or Copenhagen? They all come in a plastic tin also. But they are a tad smaller than a snus tin.

I can also send an empty tin if you want/need

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 15:09
I've never really seen people chew snus in Australia before :-? Where do you usually buy it in Canada? 7-11???

Bil you're the best! Dom now we all get free empty snus tins/boxes :lol:

bilmaga
16th August 2007, 15:14
Yeah, any place that sells cigarettes sells chewing tobacco here in Canada

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 15:16
Cool, I'll have a look for it next time I'm in 7-11 :)

indigo_junkie
16th August 2007, 15:35
I popped into my local tobacconist and they didn't have anything like snus available. Just cigarettes, cigars and loose tobacco for rolling. Guess it's something to order in from overseas.

Why do you guys want the empty tin? Isn't a snus ring fade something you want to avoid?

iwannudies
16th August 2007, 15:39
haha read few pages before. I'm obsessive compulsive, hate that my right back pocket has wallet fade and my left is empty. Any suggestions for things to put in the left, besides snus box?

bilmaga
17th August 2007, 02:47
Brass knuckles:lol:

iwannudies
17th August 2007, 10:22
D'oh, Brass knuckles aren't really my thing. I'm a peace loving person :mrgreen:

bilmaga
17th August 2007, 14:23
It was a joke about the other thread.

iwannudies
17th August 2007, 14:31
Whoops :oops:

iwannudies
10th September 2007, 13:13
For people who put snus box in their backpocket, do you take it out when you're sitting down? I've had one in my pocket for only 2 days and its showing some serious fading, much much more than my wallet fade :-?

bilmaga
10th September 2007, 14:41
I put it there when I don't have another pocket. Like a jacket or something.

Since it is sharp plastic, you will get really fast fading. If I left one in there as much as my wallet, I would have a hole there in no time.

iwannudies
10th September 2007, 14:53
Yikesssssss. I probably have enough fading to last until my 1st wash :-?

bilmaga
10th September 2007, 14:59
:shock: What the hell do you sit on?

Do you have sandpaper chairs in Australia? :lol:

iwannudies
10th September 2007, 15:18
Haha no, maybe my ass is very heavy? :lol: There's visible fading,compared to my wallet fade which is barely visible and mostly just a shape.

nudie dan
10th September 2007, 15:35
If anyone actually buys some Snus and gets it into Australia, I'd love to buy a tin.. a not empty one.

Lukeitfc
10th September 2007, 16:19
I wouldn't mind some too. Snuff is coming back into poularity in the UK after the smoking ban in pubs and other public places, I sniff the aniseed stuff myself. But there's no snus in this country. Hmmmm.

bilmaga
11th September 2007, 02:18
You guys can get it online.

If I can buy it online and I live in Canada (border nazis), anybody can get it.

Lukeitfc
11th September 2007, 02:26
It's illegal in all of the EU except sweden.

bilmaga
11th September 2007, 02:28
Really?

Lots of people in EU use it. I wonder how they get it?

There is a snus forum and there are lots of users around the world.

Lukeitfc
11th September 2007, 02:36
Yup.

http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/International/nyhetssidor/artikel.asp?ProgramID=2054&Nyheter=&artikel=1551414

nudie dan
11th September 2007, 04:12
Yeah it's true there are plenty of online stores. But I've heard that customs here in Australia have been extra rough on tobacco imports lately so you can get it in but then get stung with 200 dollar import taxes and duties. Totally sucks.

But I might roll the dice soon...

Ghost
11th September 2007, 04:13
When I order it they just label it chewing tabacco for the customs to see. Though I stopped taking snus after a while. Starting giving me headaches =P

bilmaga
11th September 2007, 04:15
When I get caught at the border, I pay dearly as well.

So what I do is get them to ship them in small batches day after day until is has all been shipped because smaller packages can slip through the cracks alot easier than a big package.

Also, on those online stores, don't ship UPS if you have strict laws because you are going to get nailed for sure.

nudie dan
11th September 2007, 04:16
Thanks for the info, appreciated.

bilmaga
11th September 2007, 04:17
When I order it they just label it chewing tobacco for the customs to see. Though I stopped taking snus after a while. Starting giving me headaches =P

US laws are very lax.

I tried the "chewing tobacco" and I got caught more times. When it says "Swedish snus" I rarely get caught.

Ghost
11th September 2007, 04:20
Most likely cause the Canucks are aware of what that is and the Yanks aren't ;)

Bratlie
11th September 2007, 16:20
this is a message to all of you that want's to try snus (loose, not portion) try to get Rda lacket or Rallare, feels more like playdough (normal loose feels like moist sand) so its quite easy to make a nice firm ball that will hold together much better than General or Ettan(really don't know how to explain, you'll just have to look at the pics loste posted, you'll see the ball I'm talking about there.)

For those of you wondering if it's possible to talk, drink and eat while you are using snus the answer is; Yes you'll have no problem talking; Drinking will be a problem the first times (if you use portionsnus there will be no problems) but after a little while you'll get the hang of it. When it comes to eating I really recommend taking the snus out first.

For those of you considering this as a way to quit smoking, well.. don't start using snus, snus is way more addictive. I smoked for 10 years and quit but started snusing instead, and after 4 years I have a snowballs chance in hell to stop snusing.

Ghost
11th September 2007, 20:56
Addiction is all in the mind. :)

Bobbejaan
11th September 2007, 21:04
they are thinking of making SNUS legal here, because in sweden more people stopped smoking because of snuss.

Nice.

oeija
14th September 2007, 15:55
Anyone know how or where to get snus?

I've come across collectable snus tins, but not SNUS!

bilmaga
15th September 2007, 02:01
buysnus.com

northerner.com

oeija
15th September 2007, 16:11
thanks. just bought some. Do they label the UPS as 'chewing tobacco'?

If they do im pretty much gonna have a lot of problems with the customs..

mjg
15th September 2007, 16:56
if you live in the US customs with snus isn't a problem. Northerner.com ships very fast too! i used to order from them but now if i use snus i get it from a friend of mine whom works for swedish match (so it's free!).

have any of you tried the "nick and johnny" label snus? it's supposed to be rather potent in the nicotine department.

bilmaga
15th September 2007, 20:59
I like Nick and Johnny. It does have quite a kick compared to other stuff. That is awesome that you have a friend who works for match. I wish I could get free snus.

@ oeija- Where do you live? If customs is a problem in your country, I would suggest using regular post next time because the package might slide through. UPS, you are guaranteed to pay customs and duties.

In canada, you pay huge amounts in taxes and duties if you get caught. Especially if you buy loose, because it is heavy and they go by weight.

f4igurl
15th September 2007, 23:07
So true... :-( With Northerner, you need to stay 5 cans or under on your order - usually customs will leave you alone. Buysnus will automatically ship your order in batches of 5. So I only got burned the first time, when I ordered too much with Northerner.

oeija
16th September 2007, 12:08
I live in Singapore. I just checked out the customs and duties.

http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trad/List+of+Dutiable+Goods.htm

It says that its NIL for customs duty
but 300 per kg on Excise duty. (when you use it to produce cigarettes or smthing) =s
So i shouldn't have to pay 300 right?
300 is like buying 60 boxes of snus already...

trying to contact northerner to change the shipping to regular or ensure they just just write swedish snuss (try to avoid the word tobacco). anyone know if they actually got good customer service?

bilmaga
16th September 2007, 16:50
Maybe wait and see.

It is different for every country, so I don't really know what you will have to pay.

I once got caught with 5 tins, and it cost me over 50 dollars in duties:evil:. 10 bucks a tin is a little rude I thought.

oeija
19th September 2007, 09:50
got the snus today. pretty quick. three days in total. but i had to pay about 30 USD for 5 cans. So its about, 6 USD for can of snus.

Not quite as bad as I had expected, but including all the shipping, it cost me about about 75 USD for 5 cans... Thats some expensive snus, should have just used regular shipping.

zatoichi
7th December 2007, 18:55
Any of you guys still use it?
Got mine today, the general portion (regular) and the general onyx.
Onyx is better but I still don't really like the tast that much + I don't really feel anything special, except for the burning sensation under your lip and when you swallow a little bit of spit (Looks weird when I spit spit during class ;) Think it's because I also smoke cigs so...
Does anyone really enjoyed it the first time or is it somthing that gets better everytime you use it?
Ohh and the package says you have to store it below 8 degrees C, but I usually have it in my back pocket, will it really matter, like will it turn bad or something?

Greglow99
7th December 2007, 20:39
The reason for storing it at 8 degrees C is to keep it from drying. If you store at higher temperatures for longer times it will dry and taste bad.

aprilguy
22nd January 2008, 15:51
This might be a typical non-smoker's comment, but I can't imagine any girl wanting to kiss a bloke that has or just had snus in his mouth. I am picturing the quick taking out before snugging- Hmmm......:-|

I don't think it makes anyone attractive that's under 50 years old.

Jakob
22nd January 2008, 19:19
HAh just read that 20 tonne snus was stolen in sweden :D I wonder what you can do to all that snus...

zatoichi
22nd January 2008, 21:21
snus tax has gone up... maybe they stole it and re-sell it for history price.
Oh, I bought 2 cans of General Onyx portion but I am not really liking it, so if someone wants to buy 1 can just pm me :-) You can use the snus and then use the can for fadings (or just use for fadings of you not like the taste of snus)

Bryce Alton
23rd January 2008, 05:20
The tax/duty has tripled in Australia too....but we still manage to keep a few cans at the Nudie Jeans store in paddington if anyone is hurtin' for some let me know...

nt54
25th June 2008, 07:13
Okay, so awhile back I decided I wanted to try snus because of you people, as well as my addiction to nicotine. Camel is currently test-marketing their new snus products here in Chicago, and I've been trying it out. I don't really get too much of a rush from it. Maybe my tolerance for nicotine is pretty high -- I can barely feel it when I apply a full nicotine patch nowadays. I've read elsewhere that real Swedish snus is tastier and more potent.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which brand would be good for me to try first? I think I'd like to try moist, portioned snus. And are some of the flavors, like the fruit ones, really weird? Camel has frost and spice flavors that are pretty tasty.

nt54
25th June 2008, 07:25
I'm now realizing that despite the fact that I'm not feeling much of a rush from the snus, I've gone through almost 30 of the mini-pouches in two days. Though the Camel snus is supposedly not as potent, maybe it's more potent and addictive than I initially thought.

Opeth
25th June 2008, 08:47
Okay, so awhile back I decided I wanted to try snus because of you people, as well as my addiction to nicotine. Camel is currently test-marketing their new snus products here in Chicago, and I've been trying it out. I don't really get too much of a rush from it. Maybe my tolerance for nicotine is pretty high -- I can barely feel it when I apply a full nicotine patch nowadays. I've read elsewhere that real Swedish snus is tastier and more potent.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which brand would be good for me to try first? I think I'd like to try moist, portioned snus. And are some of the flavors, like the fruit ones, really weird? Camel has frost and spice flavors that are pretty tasty.

I haven't tasted Camel snus so I can't comment on that but if you get a chance to try out swedish snus the you should definatlety go for it, it's heavenly :D

My personal swedish favorites are goterborgs rape, general, diplomat, grov and ettan (There are many flavors available). There are also flavors like fruit and similar stuff available but IMO they are not even close as good as the "normal" stuff.

I'm now realizing that despite the fact that I'm not feeling much of a rush from the snus, I've gone through almost 30 of the mini-pouches in two days. Though the Camel snus is supposedly not as potent, maybe it's more potent and addictive than I initially thought.

The min pouches don't really do anything for you if you aren't totaly new to nicotine in entering your system. After all this snus praysing I'm glad to announce that I quit using snus last summer, but this I HIGHLY addicitive since itäs so damn good :D

zatoichi
25th June 2008, 12:28
General "Onyx" is really nice, but I don't have much experience with other brands...

Schwanz
25th June 2008, 12:39
a friend of mine brought it from sweden some time ago..
i tried it but i got me feeling kinda sick :$
maybe it is because i never smoke and am not used to it..

but it seems like a nice thing to use when they ban smoking from restaurants and pubs :P

Gregory
13th May 2009, 17:08
just received an order from swedish snus.com
3 tins of general los
3 tins of general extra sterk los
3 tins of general onyx portions
3 tins of skruf white portions
3 tins of goteborgs Rape portions (relax guys, rape means shredded)

and the best part, no duty! they just showed up no questions asked.
I'm in tobacco heaven

Opeth
13th May 2009, 17:17
^^

Enjoy, it's the gooood stuff :D

Gregory
13th May 2009, 17:39
oh I will!
I'm enjoying a nice fat pris of general extra sterk before I head to work this morning.
snus and coffee is a match made in heaven

oeija
13th May 2009, 17:47
i tried the General Snus.

It really kinda burned my tongue and throat. It found it really hard to keep it in my mouth.

But i get really high. Hahaa. Shit dizzy man..
oh yes.. whats with people saying 'Snus makes their jeans shiny' - I just don't get that..

Opeth
13th May 2009, 18:21
^^

You sure you used it right??

oeija
13th May 2009, 18:31
put it between my teeth and lip and sucked on it...

Spiraltoy
13th May 2009, 23:13
You don't need to suck on it. Your gums will pick up the nicotine.

And Ace, be sure you store your tins in the fridge, even when they're open (if possible). It'll keep fresh much longer.

Gregory
14th May 2009, 01:45
You don't need to suck on it. Your gums will pick up the nicotine.

And Ace, be sure you store your tins in the fridge, even when they're open (if possible). It'll keep fresh much longer.

haha I'm not Ace, unless that was directed at someone else.
I have a snus fridge specially for keeping my tins fresh, it's actually got a USB plug and hooks up to your computer haha i got it from swedish snus as well.

With regards to the guy who mentioned the burning, that goes away if you use often enough. I remember when I first tried real snus (as apposed to the North American variety of smokeless tobacco, where you need to spit rather than just enjoy the juices) and it burned all the way down. After a few times you get used to the feeling and eventually it goes away.
The shiny thing comes from wiping your hands off on your jeans after you take a nice fat pris (pinch or dip) I wipe the excess off on my jeans and wipe my hands on em as well. They are jeans after all, that's what they're for!

brahgg
14th May 2009, 02:34
I've only ever tried the Camel snus, but it was tasty shit. At first it burned a bit, but then it started to taste good and I kinda forgot it was there till I realized I was buzzed. Might order some of the fancy shit when it's legal for me

davety
24th May 2009, 12:32
put it between my teeth and lip and sucked on it...

ahahahahahaha!!

i'm sorry man, but that's a good way to make yourself sick as a dog, you're just supposed to leave it there.

i love snus, i lived in sweden for a while and i always had a big lump of general grov up my lip, i think i even gave myself receded gums after a while, but i'd kill for some now. they recently changed import duties on snus, it's effectively banned here in australia but they always used to let scandos bring some in for personal usage. it's incredibly expensive to get it in now, i think about 300 dollars a log in extra taxes, it's crazy- most online agencies don't even bother anymore.

any swedes out there wanna be my 'connection'?

de' e ju för skoj, men de vore rätt häftigt! ;-)

oeija
24th May 2009, 14:39
mmm well.

my jeans are shiny!! i haven used any snus lately.. theres this shiny sheen from rubbing...

davety
25th May 2009, 12:02
soak a few cigarettes in a glass of water and smear it on your jeans if you want that kind of filth staining your jeans. i'm just glad to see a site that takes snus for what it is, i think a lot of people on other threads have mistaken the idea of 'snus' that they see on the nudie site to mean a general term for whatever crap stains your pants, rather than chewing tobacco

Steng0lv
29th May 2009, 13:51
( Im swedish )

and I love snus :D

davety
29th May 2009, 22:45
( Im swedish )

and I love snus :D

i'm not, but i still love it. god i miss snus sometimes, stupid australian laws :(

Gregory
30th May 2009, 09:07
ahahahahahaha!!

i'm sorry man, but that's a good way to make yourself sick as a dog, you're just supposed to leave it there.

i love snus, i lived in sweden for a while and i always had a big lump of general grov up my lip, i think i even gave myself receded gums after a while, but i'd kill for some now. they recently changed import duties on snus, it's effectively banned here in australia but they always used to let scandos bring some in for personal usage. it's incredibly expensive to get it in now, i think about 300 dollars a log in extra taxes, it's crazy- most online agencies don't even bother anymore.

any swedes out there wanna be my 'connection'?

de' e ju för skoj, men de vore rätt häftigt! ;-)

jesus that's insane!
I've brought in 24 tins total in less than a month and have yet to get hit by customs.
I'm in Canada btw, and I order from swedish-snus.com

davety
30th May 2009, 10:03
jesus that's insane!
I've brought in 24 tins total in less than a month and have yet to get hit by customs.
I'm in Canada btw, and I order from swedish-snus.com
yeah, but if i'm not wrong, dipping tobacco and chewing tobacco are legal in the US and Canada, but not here. in fact there have been several motions in parliament to try to allow it but all have been shot down quite vigorously- australia does not allow smoke-free tobacco of any kind, although i remember when i was younger you could actually buy snorting snuff.
i blame the nicotine patch and gum industries personally, especially since this country is quite rapidly becoming a prohibitionist state run by the fun-police :-x

Steng0lv
30th May 2009, 22:14
i'm not, but i still love it. god i miss snus sometimes, stupid australian laws :(

Snus is one of the best things ever made , man I love taking a snus after dinner.. tastes so f-cking good :D:D:D:D :-P:-P:-P:-P:-P

davety
31st May 2009, 01:45
Snus is one of the best things ever made , man I love taking a snus after dinner.. tastes so f-cking good :D:D:D:D :-P:-P:-P:-P:-P

ha, i can't say i miss waking up in the middle of the night with brown sludge running down my face after passing out with a mouthful of loose snus though!:rolleyes:

happened quite a lot ;-)

Steng0lv
31st May 2009, 14:57
ha, i can't say i miss waking up in the middle of the night with brown sludge running down my face after passing out with a mouthful of loose snus though!:rolleyes:

happened quite a lot ;-)

hahah its pretty annoying when its happen :P Hate to wake up in the morning with an awful taste in my mouth , taste like sh... :-D

davety
1st June 2009, 04:22
hahah its pretty annoying when its happen :P Hate to wake up in the morning with an awful taste in my mouth , taste like sh... :-D

small price to pay, and it's a lot better than swallowing it- i did that a couple of times, and for the next few days i would need to puke every time i had a cigarette- instant nicotine overdose!

i also gave some to a friend here in australia who was a non-smoker once, similar overdose story- he went bright red, started sweating and getting dizzy, and he looked like he was about to have a heart-attack, so it's not such benign gear at all ;-)

Steng0lv
1st June 2009, 20:43
small price to pay, and it's a lot better than swallowing it- i did that a couple of times, and for the next few days i would need to puke every time i had a cigarette- instant nicotine overdose!

i also gave some to a friend here in australia who was a non-smoker once, similar overdose story- he went bright red, started sweating and getting dizzy, and he looked like he was about to have a heart-attack, so it's not such benign gear at all ;-)

I usally swallow it , but Im careful _not_ to swallow to much. Cuz my belly doesnt like it :3 , get gases like hell hahah :>

hahah thats pretty mean :b I remember the first time I "snusade".. Started sweating like hell and got dizzy as well , and then ran to the bathroom and puked like hell for about 1 hour.. and ever since then Im addicted to snus haha :P

davety
2nd June 2009, 06:46
i cannot believe you swallow that shit. but if you think it's ok, then fine- given you're a swede and my last burk expired three years ago, i'd say you have the upper hand on experience. to all the other snus-curious people out there- don't follow his example! ;-)

brahgg
2nd June 2009, 08:00
i cannot believe you swallow that shit.
Totally immature, i just felt.. I dunno. Someone needed to say it

davety
2nd June 2009, 08:09
^ do you think? in my experience, swallowing snus really has led to extended periods of nausea and vomiting, so i don't see why pointing that out is so bad. i really don't see what the problem is, brahgg- this is chewing tobacco, it's not meant to be swallowed.

brahgg
2nd June 2009, 08:24
just think about the word choice through say the mind of a 13 year old...

davety
2nd June 2009, 08:31
??? sorry kid, i didn't mean to offend you, but i would've thought that a topic thread discussing tobacco products could've stood up to a little PG-rated language. personally i'd say my word choice was entirely appropriate for the context.

perhaps it's a little inappropriate for a 13 year-old to be reading about tobacco products in the first place- last i checked you had to be 18?

brahgg
2nd June 2009, 08:38
nah man I'm not 13, just had a moment of supreme immaturity, sorry for disturbing the serious tobacco conversation. And word choice was entirely appropriate, but taken out of context, it made me chuckle in a juvenile manner.

davety
2nd June 2009, 08:43
^ maybe you thought you'd stumbled across the scat thread ;-)

i'll admit to immaturity on that one ;-)

Steng0lv
2nd June 2009, 08:45
Do you spit out your snus every time the snus begin to pour? ( sorry for my english / could not find the right word for it ) .

I dont think its tastes that bad , and mostly of the people who "snusar" in sweden does acctully swallow it. Whats the point of snusa if you dont like the taste? ;d You get use to the taste after a while :)

davety
2nd June 2009, 09:00
det e helt okej, jag forstaa vad du menar ;-)

now, it's been a long time since i've had access to loose (grovt) snus, but if you mean when it starts to break up, then yeah- but usually all the goodness is gone by that stage. i usually got rid of mine after about a half hour or so, whether it was loose or packet snus. and i do like the taste, but i can assure you it's not good for your belly- i never met anyone in scandinavia who ever swallowed their snus, so things must've changed a great deal since i was there last ;-)

Steng0lv
2nd June 2009, 15:23
Hehe kan du svenska? :P

Okey yeah I mean the "juice" that comes from it after a while.... I snusaronly Packet/portion snus these day , in the beginning I had loose.
And I can agree that its not good for your belly :P Ive notices that a couple of times haha .. But Is snus allowed to be sold outside of sweden?

OFT: Man I really need to "upgrade" my english haha its sucks.

davety
3rd June 2009, 09:33
jovisst kan jag svenska, ens om det ar bara lite nufortiden, det har var't jattelange se'n jag har pratit...
iallafall...

yeah, you can buy snus outside of sweden, but it's a strictly controlled substance here in australia. swedes and norwegians are allowed to bring in small amounts for personal usage, but australians aren't allowed to buy it or sell it, and we're strongly discouraged from importing in via the internet- i think a log would attract nearly $350 AUD (about 2000sek) in import duties, so most companies won't even bother selling it to us. i think this is mostly to protect the nictine patch and gum industries, because the laws were only really tightened a couple of years ago...

Steng0lv
3rd June 2009, 18:21
aha okej hur har du lärt dig svenska? :P

ah okey that suck , I´ll could never survice without snus :o , I can send you some ;) haha

davety
4th June 2009, 08:40
jag bodde i malmö i en stund för ett par år sen, det är ju ganska lätt att lära sig ett språk när man stannar i landet. Jag hade en stora ordbok, tittade på teven och läste tidningar, särskilt seriertidningar, som galago. det är inte ett tufft språk att lära sig, behövs bara plugga lite...

haha, back to english- i may just have to take you up on that offer some day ;-)

denimjunkie
4th June 2009, 09:22
Cool effort, Davety. Otherwise the majority of english speaking people coming to Sweden dont learn much. Much because of the Swedes themselves that are eager to speak
english :)

Imponerande att du fortfarande kan uttrycka dig så pass väl. Jag som bor i spanien håller på att glömma bort mitt eget modersmål. Nja, kanske inte helt
men en del i alla fall.

davety
4th June 2009, 09:31
tack ska du ha, men det vore inte så imponerande om du hörde mig prata, det är mycket lättare att skriva för mig. och det sägs också att jag pratar som en skåning, trots att jag själv knappt kan förstå skånska :oops: men det är helt okej, det har varit jättelange sen jag var i sverige, så det är tur att jag inte har glömt mer, det för drygt tio år sen nu...

i think swedish is also quite easy for australians to learn for some reason, ive met quite a few of us who picked it up pretty quickly, but you're right about the speaking english in sweden- you can never find someone to practice swedish with, the only time i ever found people who didn't speak english was during emergencies when i really needed to speak english :roll:

Steng0lv
4th June 2009, 13:32
Aha okej jag har alltid trott att svenska var jättesvårt att lära sig? :P ( iallafall vad jag har hört )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66fULfwb2X4

Haha watch that link , makes me laugh everytime. :Dhaha mastering swedish ^^

davety
5th June 2009, 09:56
no they're lying to you, swedish is quite simple to learn, at least in how it relates to english. i think that may be a myth peddled about in sweden to make swedes more tolerant of people who don't learn the language quickly...

Steng0lv
5th June 2009, 11:12
no they're lying to you, swedish is quite simple to learn, at least in how it relates to english. i think that may be a myth peddled about in sweden to make swedes more tolerant of people who don't learn the language quickly...

aha okey , but I thought It might be harder compared to other languages because we have_åäö_ in our alphabet ?

Ont: I have not "snusat" ( dunno the english word for it? ) in 2 weeks now ... my toothgum is killing me :o

davety
5th June 2009, 11:43
no, not at all- it actually makes it simpler. a lot of other languages (including english) have those sounds in the language, so they're easily produced by speakers of other languages, and the fact that they're signified by their own characters means that swedish actually represents them phonetically in written form- compare that with the 'gh' combination in english, like in enough, through, thought, drought, draught etc. the only sound that isn't easily replicable by english speaker is the sk/sj sound, but the rest are fairly simple. swedish also has a very simple grammar, with no conjugation and verb tenses that correlate closely to their english equivalent (except perhaps the passive 's'-clitic form, which is learnt easily enough). the only point that tends to throw people about swedish is the irregular use of propositions (pa, att, om, etc), but apart from that it's all fairly straightforward...

sorry if that was a little technical, i'm doing a masters degree in linguistics and language education...

Steng0lv
5th June 2009, 17:55
man I didint understand much of that , maybe cuz my english is kinda bad :O

davety
6th June 2009, 00:32
sorry dude ;-)

i'm doing postgrad work on linguistics at the moment, so i might be getting a little too technical ;-)

Steng0lv
6th June 2009, 00:54
sorry dude ;-)

i'm doing postgrad work on linguistics at the moment, so i might be getting a little too technical ;-)

hehe i´ve noticed that ;) :mrgreen:

so back to topic , snusar du fortfarande?

davety
6th June 2009, 02:43
hehe i´ve noticed that ;) :mrgreen:

so back to topic , snusar du fortfarande?

när jag får chansen, men det är inte så ofta nuförtiden, som jag sa, det är ju svårt att hitta här i australien.

i do know how to make it though, at least i have recipes, but it's very difficult to get ahold of large enough quantities of tobacco to make a batch, and with the taxes on tobacco being so incredibly high, it's not really a cost-effective alternative to smoking normal cigarettes. if i were in sweden still i'd use it every day- it's much better than smoking in so many different ways- cheaper, healthier and it doesn't stink as much.

ah, nostalgia :cry:

davety
7th June 2009, 03:28
...och en glad nationaldag till de svenskarna! jag hade undrat varför det blev så tyst häromkring idag ;-)

Steng0lv
7th June 2009, 16:37
haha japp nationaldagen igår + Sverige - Danmark i fotboll :P Blev lite för mycket öl ! haha

... Okey but do you need a recipe to get snus ? Or did I read totally wrong? :p I agree that its way better then smoking , the only bad thing about it is that your gums ( tandkött ) can start to hurt like hell. I dont snuff so much now just because of my tandkött is killing me. Even my dentist told my to stop with snus :< ..

davety
8th June 2009, 00:25
i have recipes to make snus with, but to make it i need about a kilo of raw tobacco- which i could probably score off a crooked farmer, but it would be quite risky and totally illegal, otherwise i'd have to make it with rolling tobacco, which costs about $25 (150 SEK) per 50g, so it's not really cost-effective.

as for your gums, my gum-lip line receded a bit after using snus, but it was never anything too serious, and i never felt much pain. how long have you been using for? how much do you use? it must be a lot to get those kind of side-effects, or maybe that's just what happens when you swallow it ;-)

Gregory
8th June 2009, 01:22
i cannot believe you swallow that shit. but if you think it's ok, then fine- given you're a swede and my last burk expired three years ago, i'd say you have the upper hand on experience. to all the other snus-curious people out there- don't follow his example! ;-)

the juices from snus don't contain the same levels of shit that north american snuff brands do, and is meant to be swallowed. It's not chewing tobacco, it is what it is. Chew and snuff are processed differently, hence why you don't swallow.

davety
8th June 2009, 02:39
^ i'm well aware of the difference between the two, i was introduced to both at the same time more than ten years ago when i was living with a group of american and norwegian exchange students- i know that the scandinavian gear produces a lot less juice than the american variety, but regardless of this, the snus itself is emphatically not meant to be swallowed, unless things have changed radically in swedish snus production since i was there last. otherwise, every public urinal in sweden (and here in newcastle, sometimes, given our high norwegian student population) would not be littered with little snus tea-bags and spent grounds. i would highly advise against swallowing any kind of tobacco, people in australia use water than has been steeped in cigarette butts to poison trees here. swallowing snus might not kill you, but it isn't particularly good for you.
please note- i am referring to the snus itself- not the juices you generate. it's not a problem at all to swallow whatever piddling amount of saliva you generate when using snus, conversely you should spit out the juice from american product, which will make a much, much higher amount of spit-juice than snus. in neither case would i recommend swallowing the tobacco itself, because snus will make you mildly ill, if not as sick as the american stuff.

Steng0lv
8th June 2009, 17:37
You guys write in a "different" kind of english that I do , so many hard words :O haha :P

.. ONT : I have stopped snusa , my gums is killing my. So now I smoke instead . Lucky strike :D haha

davety
9th June 2009, 08:09
^ good man, always love to see someone corrupted ;-)

i think the term is moderated discourse

WNWS
30th August 2009, 09:18
file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/mhpetersen/denim/rrds3136_02wa_back.jpg
Credit to http://denimprojects.blogspot.com/

I would like to know how is this ring shaped wear created at the left back pocket? :?:

luda
30th August 2009, 13:01
a solid circlular object

Opeth
30th August 2009, 16:53
A snus box

mesalomanic
30th August 2009, 18:33
A snus box

Dig yer screen name, homie.

My old guitarist used to be into the whole chew thing. Would always spit into a plastic bottle, was disgusting.

Never been much of a smoker, cept when I'm drinking. Can't imagine that this would be my kinda thing.

Seems to be a real trend amongst dry fans though. It's amazing how many have those snus can imprints on the back pockets.

davety
31st August 2009, 10:08
snus is a swedish (or more generally scandinavian/nordic) form of smoke-free tobacco that is usually sold in a circular tin. snus translates directly into english 'snuff', although we are more likely to consider snuff to be the dry, nasally-ingested tobacco, as opposed to the 'wet snuff' to which snus refers, which is usually ingested through the upper lip and gums. north americans have a similar product, to which they usually refer as 'dipping tobacco' or 'dip', although there are some differences between the two.

most tobacco users in sweden, especially male, usually use snus instead of cigarettes, because it is much cheaper and supposedly much healthier. being a swedish brand, nudie jeans are often known to feature the 'snus-ring', as regularly carrying the snus-tin would leave a clear impression in the contrast fading- however, i'm pretty sure a lot of guys out there proabably use a jam-lid to fake the look, because it's not a product that's widely available outside of scandinavia.

nudie denim
7th July 2013, 21:28
hey, help me here..

did nudie release a product that have snus ring on back pocket ??if they did, what nudie??i means RR, or wat?

idolithps
29th September 2013, 10:24
Snus is cool, i have already 2towers:)

mattias
10th October 2013, 20:44
hey, help me here..

did nudie release a product that have snus ring on back pocket ??if they did, what nudie??i means RR, or wat?

Cool that this thread is still going on, 8 years after it was created. Long Live SNUS!!!

Yes, they did make a couple of styles with the snus ring pre-faded. I remember it was a RR, but not what it was called. I think it had "Replica" in the name.

MHP
11th October 2013, 06:48
Regular Ralf Danne Replica

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/cio-inc/item/nudiejeansbootcutralf4328/