PDA

View Full Version : Spray painting raw denim

armardo
25th March 2007, 10:03
Hey guys,
I recently made some jeans using raw stretch denim.
I was just wondering if i spray painted the jeans with black spray paint, would they age pretty well, or would the paint get washed away after ive worn them after a few months with no wash?

would like some opinions!
thanks guys

superslim_zac
25th March 2007, 14:59
Where did you get raw stretch denim?

Only one way to find out in my books...!

white_nudies
25th March 2007, 17:14
they will be uncomfortable as a bitch but they will look amazing

bilmaga
25th March 2007, 17:20
I think that the paint will just flake off.

exitmusic
25th March 2007, 17:46
theyll also smell like spray paint eternally...

bilmaga
25th March 2007, 17:49
Very true.

brick_grocer
25th March 2007, 18:00
if i spray painted the jeans with black spray paint, would they age pretty well?

prove me wrong, but doesn't this question kind of answer itself?! :shock:

tenovertwelve
25th March 2007, 19:01
I have a friend with a pair of raw denim and he spray painted a part of them. We're having a party in August where a bunch of us bring our jeans and wash them all day and get drunk. Anyway, to hype up the party he stenciled '07 on the back left pocket with spray paint. I thought this was an awful idea, but when he was finished it looked really good, and has only gotten better with age.

bilmaga
25th March 2007, 19:12
Can you get pictures?

armardo
25th March 2007, 20:50
i havent done it yet, but it is VERY tempting, i might do it on a test pair on some old jeans, maybe some old nudies? will keep you guys posted!

oh and i got the stretch denim just from my local textile store. its not the best but its what i have been looking for, raw, stiff but still with some stretch.

dru
25th March 2007, 21:06
useless without pics, show em homie

Legoland
25th March 2007, 21:32
what kind of paint do you plan on using?

ExileOnMainStreet
25th March 2007, 21:35
there was a guy on SF who did it to a pair of H&Ms, he did not use spray paint or any kind of it, it was some kind of fabric paint and he painted his jeans silver trying to mimic diors, and they looked gay as all hell but the painting actually worked.

lol IMO -> spray paints a bad idea, its primary and pretty much only use is for application onto metals and plastics, you think your jeans smell bad after 6 months no wash, wait until you spray paint those f*ckers. Plus the tolune or other solvents in the spray paint will get you stoned when wearing them for too long
and inhalant abuse is never cool on mynudies.com

Nudie doesnt spray paint their jims to make them dry black and i dont think you should, possiblly soak them in dye or use some sort of fabric paint, aerosol based paint is probably the worst thing to use

bilmaga
25th March 2007, 21:41
I have a friend with a pair of raw denim and he spray painted a part of them. We're having a party in August where a bunch of us bring our jeans and wash them all day and get drunk. Anyway, to hype up the party he stenciled '07 on the back left pocket with spray paint. I thought this was an awful idea, but when he was finished it looked really good, and has only gotten better with age.

I meant pics of these.