PDA

View Full Version : Almost got robbed

songxl917
19th March 2007, 19:52
Damn, why is NL so unsafe for foreigners like myself? I've heart about robbery happened to my friend 5 times in 2006 and yesterday it actually happened to me.

I was just parking my bike when 2 hooligans came,one of them is obviously high, and the other shouted at me. I thought he was asking sth and I told him I don't speak dutch. Then he thought about it for quite a while and said "Give me your money". I was quited surprised coz I never thought this would happen to me and its not even evening yet. Then I said "no way, I don't have money" and turn around and left.

They keep shouting at me but fortunatly they did not follow or toutch. Damm, I was breaking a pair of new SSDS, it is still tight which means I can nether run fast, nor lift my leg if I got into a fight. :evil: I should seriously considering relaxed/baggy jeans from now on.

:?: , what kind of robbery was that, isn't robbery normally supposed to be armed?

BlueOctoberFan
19th March 2007, 20:03
Right on. There's a lot to be said for range of movement.

ExileOnMainStreet
19th March 2007, 20:03
ah you shouldnt feel upset, when i was in London (was visiting a friend that moved to hertfordshire) i got into a similar situation trying to buy pot and i got cracked in the face a couple times before actually getting any reasonable shots in and got blood ALL over my rrdg's which forced me to wash them way too early (the only souvenier i brought back from london was a f*ckin box of painkillers from st marys hospital) and when i get my disposable camera developed, i'll let everyone see how badly my tongue was injured

getting into scraps DEFINATLEY adds character to yours jeans, and my advice to you is that if your going to be getting into sticky situations such as this one, to either: a) fight back your jeans will def. stretch or b) size up

somsom
19th March 2007, 20:08
ah you shouldnt feel upset, when i was in London (was visiting a friend that moved to hertfordshire) i got into a similar situation trying to buy pot and i got cracked in the face a couple times before actually getting any reasonable shots in and got blood ALL over my rrdg's which forced me to wash them way too early (the only souvenier i brought back from london was a f*ckin box of painkillers from st marys hospital) and when i get my disposable camera developed, i'll let everyone see how badly my tongue was injured

getting into scraps DEFINATLEY adds character to yours jeans, and my advice to you is that if your going to be getting into sticky situations such as this one, to either: a) fight back your jeans will def. stretch or b) size up
lol fight back or size up
:)

i had a situation like this happen while in paris
just got off the plane and went to the subway and as we were getting on a guy stepped right in front of me to block me from entering and another came up right behind me and put his hand in my backpocket. i punched the guy infront in the throat and turned around and the other guy was running off already. he got my wallet but nothing really was lost, just a few euros an my cards which i had de-activated.

SonOfSteez
19th March 2007, 20:19
In Amsterdam some idiot was offering advice as to where my roomate and I should eat lunch. He pointed us to the Chinese district then demanded we give him some money. We were so high that we threw him a Euro or two and told him to **** off. In hindsight, the greasy-ass Italian was wearing Dolce sunglasses and high-dollar shoes. Prick.