PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all the snuff?

what
16th March 2007, 22:04
All over the nudie website they have snuff marks on the jeans, is this stuff really popular in Sweden or something?

At least here in America (or at least California) its really looked down upon, seen as worse then smoking and kind of insanitary because of having to spit out the juices. I pretty much agree with this idea, it just looks nasty then me. Just wondering why its so popular, is it tradition or kind of the "it" thing that Swedish kids are doing at the moment?

mjg
16th March 2007, 23:28
if you use the portion snus you do not spit. it's great actually if you must use. i just recently stopped (which was a bit hard because i'd always snus when i'd be out drinking). and some of them have a nice flavour to them as well.

somsom
16th March 2007, 23:49
yea in the US its looked down on for sure
I know a lot of people who use it, but I've never tried it

Gregory
16th March 2007, 23:53
it's really popular in Sweden, however snus is nowhere as harsh/disgusting as North American snuff. It's been a big part of Swedish culture for a while now I was told (I get it brought back for me by a friend of mine who has family in Sweden, I've been hooked for a while now)

mjg
17th March 2007, 17:02
it's really popular in Sweden, however snus is nowhere as harsh/disgusting as North American snuff. It's been a big part of Swedish culture for a while now I was told (I get it brought back for me by a friend of mine who has family in Sweden, I've been hooked for a while now)

i know what you mean by hooked, and i stopped and just feel a lot better now.

also you can order some from northerner.com it's really cheap too like 3$ a tin.

ihayano
17th March 2007, 17:19
i ordered a few tins of Skruf Cranberry and General white portion from northerner... its been a couple of weeks and i'm still waiting on them to arive! :x

reGuar
17th March 2007, 17:45
people here in sweden starts when they're about 13-16 here. I puked when I tried snus haha.
And it's really populare.

Gregory
17th March 2007, 18:27
i ordered a few tins of Skruf Cranberry and General white portion from northerner... its been a couple of weeks and i'm still waiting on them to arive! :x

How much did that end up costing you with shipping?
I've been jonesing for some Gotland!

On a side note, have any of you fellow North Ameriacans ever tried Skoal Bandits? I suppose it's the closest thing we have to portion snus.

Sarge
17th March 2007, 19:55
Snus is like powdered tobacco right?! That's what i know it as. Its alright i suppose if you wanna pretend you're taking cocaine! Just end up with brown snot, which is utterly gross!! It drips out on your pillow!

Gregory
17th March 2007, 20:00
Snus is like powdered tobacco right?! That's what i know it as. Its alright i suppose if you wanna pretend you're taking cocaine! Just end up with brown snot, which is utterly gross!! It drips out on your pillow!

the snuff that most of us have been talking about isn't the type that you snort. portion snus and the like is placed in the upper (or lower) lip, and kept there for a period of time. A lot of people who use loose snus or snuff spit, which can be pretty gross, but portion snuff users don't tend to have to spit so much.

bilmaga
17th March 2007, 20:00
I am also a snus user as well.

To be honest with you, I love it. The only thing i hate is taxes and duties (stupid Canada :x )

Gregory
17th March 2007, 20:01
I am also a snus user as well.

To be honest with you, I love it. The only thing i hate is taxes and duties (stupid Canada :x )

do you ever use skoal or copenhagen snuff? I buy skoal bandits once and a while, kind of like portion snus.

bilmaga
17th March 2007, 20:04
The american stuff is fermented, and is way worse health wise.

I use it from time to time and I hate it compared to snus.

Sarge
17th March 2007, 20:05
just looked on wikipedia - apparently you put it inbetween your lip and top gum - dunno which dickhead told me to snort it - that might be why i thougt it was gross!

bilmaga
17th March 2007, 20:10
You do snort "snuff". that is true. But snus is to be put in the upper lip.

Sarge
17th March 2007, 20:12
You do snort "snuff". that is true. But snus is to be put in the upper lip.

i must've had snuff then - either way, it was alright apart from the brown snot.

bilmaga
17th March 2007, 20:16
Never had the guts to try it.

Sarge
17th March 2007, 20:23
i was drunk so i didnt really think about what might happen when i next blew my nose - it was mint flavoured so it was kinda like breathing in after a strong mint. i wouldnt reccommend it, but i wouldn't warn people of it (apart from the obvious tobacco health warnings (that i ignore))

ihayano
17th March 2007, 20:43

How much did that end up costing you with shipping?
I've been jonesing for some Gotland!

On a side note, have any of you fellow North Ameriacans ever tried Skoal Bandits? I suppose it's the closest thing we have to portion snus.
Ordering from Northerner was really fair priced actually, I ordered 4 tins and it was about $16 shipped.

i haven't tried the bandits. i've heard that camel has a "snus" on the market, i'm guessing its prolly very low quality compared to the swedish snus.

Gregory
1st April 2007, 08:02
just discovered Copengahen pouches,
not too bad, considering they are readily available here in BC, and they average less toxins than any other moist snuff you can buy here in North America.

loste
1st April 2007, 10:53
Snus is very big here in Norway also. Alot of guys use it, some girls too, but thats seen as totally gross, Agree?
I use some snus now, because i am now quitting smoking. And it helps. Better than nicotine gum or thoose other things u can use

Gregory
3rd May 2007, 20:46
Snus is very big here in Norway also. Alot of guys use it, some girls too, but thats seen as totally gross, Agree?
I use some snus now, because i am now quitting smoking. And it helps. Better than nicotine gum or thoose other things u can use

probably not the best thing to take on as a means of quitting smoking...
it's just as addictive, not AS bad as smoking, but still not good for you.

That said, they have released Skoal citrus in Canada,I think I've found my new love (considering I can't get swedish snus readily here in BC)

Ghost
3rd May 2007, 22:55

You're talking about snuff.

What brands do you blokes usually use?

SonOfSteez
3rd May 2007, 23:44
round Altoids can + pot = snus fade

:D

bigbillybobthundercock
25th October 2008, 05:44
in north america snuff eg. copenhagen and skoal are commonly used by sport players baseball/hockey i use skoal citrus too haha