PDA

View Full Version : thin finn stretching

marco46
13th March 2007, 15:05
okay i know this has probably been talked about before but i need some quick answers
i want a pair of thin finns (dry blue) but im not sure whats to do about sizing.
the 32 looks pretty decent on new where the 33 is getting a big too big. the 31 is, i feel a bit too tight.
how much are they going to stretch. the store people told me half a size but i have spoke to other who own the same pair and they say at least a size. what are your experiences?
thanks in advance

stiewie
13th March 2007, 15:12
I think you should go for the 31.
They stretch about one size i guess.
My 31 is about a 32 now.

Checker
13th March 2007, 15:44
mine stretched out like an inch, my mates ones too, so go for 1 ince smaller than your actual size, thats perfect i would say.

mml6691
13th March 2007, 16:10
definatly go for one size smaller. mine streched a good inch

erchii
13th March 2007, 17:07
mine only a bit in the waist, but not on the upperleggs/calves but in the waist come true i wear them low on the hips

white_giraffe
14th March 2007, 04:14
yeah mine stretched about half a size. if you can zip/button them no problems, the waist will definitely stretch out to be comfortable. the rest of the fit is pretty much the same tho, because of the stretch denim.

marco46
14th March 2007, 06:41
so are you saying they will just stretch around the waist and no the thighs?

ive bought a 31 but now im considering taking them back for the 32
they are pretty tight around the thighs, but if i could get half a size stretch out of them id keep them. the waist is a bit tight at the moment but that will stretch.

erchii
14th March 2007, 16:21
in mine experience they only stretched in the waist, but i bought them perfect you know, not so tight for the stretch but def. not loose!

marco46
15th March 2007, 01:39
well i'd want at least half a stretch in the thighs, maybe the calf too
now you have me confused as i thought they would stretch forsure in the thighs aswell as the waist..

mml6691
15th March 2007, 01:54
it will stretch everywhere, but mostly the waist.

marco46
16th March 2007, 07:18
so you reckon my 31s will become (at least) a 32 after wearing them a bit

giorginho
19th March 2007, 02:17
yeah i have teh same problem, i just bought a pair or thin finns dry blue size 29. they are really tight around the thighs and calves and also fairly tight in the waist.
i got them smaller coz the lady said they will stretch, but im not so sure and areconsidering taking them back for the 30 .. will the stretch alot in the thigh and calf area?

mml6691
19th March 2007, 02:36
yeah, i have the same size. my 31 is now probably a 32 or 32.5

i should have bought 30, but its already been 3 months
:cry:

giorginho
19th March 2007, 03:10
so they do stretch alot in the thigh and calf area?

mml6691
19th March 2007, 03:12
mine streched a fair amount in the thighs, and not too much in the calves

giorginho
19th March 2007, 06:06
so a fair amount as in a size?

you saying i should stick to the smaller size to have a nice looking fit (they are skin tight at the moment)

white_giraffe
19th March 2007, 08:46
yeah i have teh same problem, i just bought a pair or thin finns dry blue size 29. they are really tight around the thighs and calves and also fairly tight in the waist.
i got them smaller coz the lady said they will stretch, but im not so sure and areconsidering taking them back for the 30 .. will the stretch alot in the thigh and calf area?

i have worn mine for about 2 months, i think they are done stretching. they are a size 30x32. bought them tight everywhere. they are still very skinny, but not tight. the waist is loose but still hug the calves. here are the measurements, you can compare to a fresh pair of 30's for reference.

waist: 16 1/2in
thigh (at crotch): 10 3/4in
thigh (down 16cm): 8 3/4in
knee (down 33cm): 7in
hem: almost 7in

giorginho
19th March 2007, 10:41
and where can i find the original measurements

thanks alot for that by the way, i have till tomorrow to be able to exchange them lol

marco46
16th April 2007, 05:55
Okay, I have had my thin finn dry blues for a month now, had been wearing them pretty often, maybe 3-4 times a week a few hours a day, but they were still pretty tight on me.
Just recently I had a messy night and i pretty much screwed my jeans up so im now considering buying a new pair.

My question is this, would my jeans been done stretching after this one month or will they have alot more stretching to go?

I am asking so i know whether to get the next size up or not for my new pair.

bilmaga
16th April 2007, 06:05
3-4 times a week a few hours each time isn't that much. I think they have more stretching to go but if you thought that they were too tight, size up.

marco46
16th April 2007, 12:00
yeah see im a bit confused
at first everyone told me they would stretch ALOT so i downsized but then after i bought them people told me they dont stretch that much due to the lycra in them so yeah :s

bilmaga
16th April 2007, 15:01
I think they do stretch alot eventually. But the people that say they stretch alot wear them for a long time. They wear them 7 days a week, 12hrs a day or more. So when you stop and think, they pretty much get more wearing time in one day, than you do in 1 week. People say they stretch alot after approx 1 month of full time wear. But 1 month to them, is lots of months for you.

If that is all the time you are going to wear them, I would size up.

spacemanvt
10th January 2008, 04:38
ok guys some help,

just another Thin finn question, i just received a pair of 31s (my typical waist size) they fit a good (waist is perfect) but measure out to be 32s! (16 across).. I tried on some 30s and they were a bit tight.

if mine stretch out alot more , in the waist, i will be annoyed. but will the elastic save me?
what should I do?

sunpup
12th January 2008, 23:03
ok guys some help,

just another Thin finn question, i just received a pair of 31s (my typical waist size) they fit a good (waist is perfect) but measure out to be 32s! (16 across).. I tried on some 30s and they were a bit tight.

if mine stretch out alot more , in the waist, i will be annoyed. but will the elastic save me?
what should I do?

From what you write, you have a good fit--they are always going to measure out larger than the tag (vanity for those of us who don't like to see a "true" waist size).
My tfdbc never stretched out a "lot" and they are also labled 31/34. The stretch fabric in the material will help keep them tight, and they will certainly return to size once you wash them. I have not washed mine in months, and they still fit the way I wanted them to fit--tight, but not skin tight.
Post photos wearing them, and find out what others think.

spacemanvt
28th January 2008, 22:25
From what you write, you have a good fit--they are always going to measure out larger than the tag (vanity for those of us who don't like to see a "true" waist size).
My tfdbc never stretched out a "lot" and they are also labled 31/34. The stretch fabric in the material will help keep them tight, and they will certainly return to size once you wash them. I have not washed mine in months, and they still fit the way I wanted them to fit--tight, but not skin tight.
Post photos wearing them, and find out what others think.

cheers will post pics soon.

leekigogo
7th March 2008, 23:10
Hey, i like to get a TFDS but i am not sure about the size..

i have a even steven in 29/32 (pre washed)

which size is should choose on the TFDS's ?

i'm pretty skinny (55kg - 177cm)

you guys think a 28 would stretch to much and i should size down to a 27 ?

deviousfool
8th March 2008, 00:32
hey i'm 54kg and 170cm tall. i bought my tfds in 28 for a reference ;-)

jer1978oen
8th March 2008, 16:09
Hey, i like to get a TFDS but i am not sure about the size..

i have a even steven in 29/32 (pre washed)

which size is should choose on the TFDS's ?

i'm pretty skinny (55kg - 177cm)

you guys think a 28 would stretch to much and i should size down to a 27 ?

That depends on how tight your Even Stevens are :-)

leekigogo
8th March 2008, 22:36
the fit of my stevens is perfect. i wear them low and have about a half inch space.

so, should i get the tfds in 28 or 27 ?

lachlan
9th March 2008, 02:05
having seen how my thins have stretched I would recommend going for whatever is tight, but comfortably so, as in you can get into them while still being able to move :P. Another way to size is to find the size you like, and go one down, even if that feels uncomfortable. Also, at the end of the day, I would say go tigher rather than looser, I think thins will look ok if they are a bit snug after stretching, or don't sag quite as much, but if they are falling off you or look baggy they look shit IMO, but others may disagree

Marshal
10th March 2008, 00:04
i would say get the 31, they will stretch.

kronot
10th March 2008, 02:22
Hello guys! I know this is prolly the 34785643254589256th time someone's asking this.
But, I bought a pair of sz32 TFDB and now they are pretty loose everywhere. Kinda lost weight and also I'm pretty darn sure they stretched alot. Recently I tried on a pair of sz31 finns and they fit so much better. I ALSO tried on a sz30 one and they were abit too tight imo. But I'm guessing I should get the sz30 right?

jer1978oen
10th March 2008, 19:17
the fit of my stevens is perfect. i wear them low and have about a half inch space.

so, should i get the tfds in 28 or 27 ?

Does anyone know if prewash stevens are differently sized than dry ones? If the fit is the same go two down for dry finns.

jer1978oen
10th March 2008, 19:18
Recently I tried on a pair of sz31 finns and they fit so much better. I ALSO tried on a sz30 one and they were abit too tight imo. But I'm guessing I should get the sz30 right?

Yes, they will be like a 31 soon.

kronot
11th March 2008, 00:52
Yes, they will be like a 31 soon.

thanks jer1978oen!

leekigogo
14th March 2008, 18:16
iím still indetermined about which size i should buy :/

jer1978oen
14th March 2008, 18:25
iím still indetermined about which size i should buy :/

I'm sorry I don't know how the prewashes fit relative to the dry ones. Perhaps someone else can help you with that?

stiewie
14th March 2008, 19:13
usually the dry ones are one size bigger than the pre-wash models ,so 31dry =32 pre-wash.

Classified
14th March 2008, 21:23
Recently I tried on a pair of sz31 finns and they fit so much better. I ALSO tried on a sz30 one and they were abit too tight imo. But I'm guessing I should get the sz30 right?

Having worn in my TFDGC for about 2.5 months I definitely see some stretching around the waist and a little bit on the thighs as well, the calves are still pretty tight, however, you must also keep in mind that they have some elastics in them, so if you don't wear them for about 10-12 hours and then wear them again the elastic will closen the fibers and they will feel tighter.

I bought mine in 31 because there were no 30 available, I tried on 29 and it was very tight around the waist and thighs, I also tried on TFBDC size 30 and they fit perfect, but I decided to get the Grey's anyway, dunno why actually.

I would say my TFDGC are now about 31.5 - 32 about the waist, so if I were you I would buy one size smaller to get them to fit you well, I think 2 sizes down is too tight, plus it depends on your physique as well, some can buy jeans 2 size smaller and they will stretch well on them after some time, other can buy 1 size smaller and get the same result.

Furthermore, IMO, jeans are meant to be comfortable eventually, it's not worth it to buy a Pair of Nudies which are very tight and may look better but are not comfortable to walk around with, too tight jeans may look pretty girly on some guys, once again - physique. Just go with what you think will be comfortable on you even after they stretch a bit.

I now ordered a pair of TF Organic Dry Ecru Embo and a pair of TF Dry Black Coated, both size 30, I can fit myself to a 29 but it's very tight and looks, well, pretty gay on me hehe :)

I think my 30's will be 30.5-31 after a while and will fit great.

Hope this helps!

P.S.

When it gets hotter fabric tends to stretch because of the humidity, putting the jeans in the freezer will help the fibers close and will also get rid of unwanted smells (Sweat, Cigarretes etc).

sunpup
14th March 2008, 23:15
As I have said before, I do not feel that any of the stretch denim Nudies--including the tfdbc--stretch out all that much after wearing. The stretch denim returns more or less to the original new shape without washing. I posted my tfdbc photos after a year of wear and no washing, and I have not noted any real change in the tightness of the jeans.
To all those who ask, my opinion is that you buy the size you like the fit of--not up or down--it should stay the same.

audipark
15th March 2008, 02:58
As I have said before, I do not feel that any of the stretch denim Nudies--including the tfdbc--stretch out all that much after wearing. The stretch denim returns more or less to the original new shape without washing. I posted my tfdbc photos after a year of wear and no washing, and I have not noted any real change in the tightness of the jeans.
To all those who ask, my opinion is that you buy the size you like the fit of--not up or down--it should stay the same.

my tfdbc is stretch like hell. i think people shoul size down 1 sizes if they want to buy dry thin finn

xander
15th March 2008, 07:53
I think you will buy the size that fit you perfect because when you size down the leg opening will be to small if your leg are too big.I think if you fear about the stretching wearing with your belt at first time will help you.Just my opinion buddy.:lol:

jer1978oen
15th March 2008, 18:44

I think this might be true for the first few weeks but after that you will see them getting wider. I've got my TFDS for two weeks now and they are just starting to get a bit wider. They feel more comfortable anyway.
More important is off course that if you buy them fitting comfortably, they won't stretch out as much as when you buy them tight!

neonlights
16th March 2008, 06:10
hey,
if i'm looking for a slim fit,
but not skin tight,
should i still size down one on the finns?

original ho2
23rd March 2008, 07:20
when i got my thin finns they were skin tight on my calves and now it fits perfectly, enough space and no longer skin tight! :mrgreen:

jer1978oen
23rd March 2008, 13:45
hey,
if i'm looking for a slim fit,
but not skin tight,
should i still size down one on the finns?

I sized down two for the Dry Stretch and they are coming along nicely now after three weeks. So either they are tight for a few weeks and then fine (down two), or fine during a few weeks and then too wide for the rest of their life :-) (no downsize).

leekigogo
18th April 2008, 11:17
hey it's me again,

i have a last question :)

i was in the city today to buy a Thin Finn Dry Stretch but they don't had any in dry there so, i tried on a prewashed Thin Finn to check the size and the 29/32 had fit perfect! so i have to buy a 28/32 (dry) right? or rather a 27/32 because of the stretching?

best regards

iwannudies
18th April 2008, 12:54

Marshal
18th April 2008, 19:19
yeah you should size down. theses are my first pair of dry demin so and i didnt so i wear theses low.

chingypop
19th April 2008, 10:01
My very first pair of thinn flinn's i bought were a 32 not knowing that they would stretch. I"ve had them for a little over 6 months and though they have stretched, I still love them. It's mainly the waist that stretched and the legs are still nice and skinny. But I bought a 31 in the dry grey coated and love the fit. So yer, I think size down ;-)

discoz
19th April 2008, 11:45
i think you should size down 1-2size. althougt,it make you feel tight but after three or four week it's a nice fit

cox093
25th April 2008, 04:02
they stretch alot so just size down

cox093
26th April 2008, 15:32
ya go one size smaller

yo!
26th April 2008, 18:43
^ u needed to spam that badly to get 20 post :')

virginia
7th May 2008, 15:15
hey i've just tried my TF size 32/32, i usually wear ES size 33/32. i think it's so tight and i have to hold my breath to zip/button it. i'm afraid that the button will break. will it get any stretch on the waist if i wear them everyday ? fyi, i wear my ES everyday for about 6 months

theorbb
7th May 2008, 15:38
it will get looser...hang in there. See if you can wear them a bit higher...that should give you some extra room in the waist.

virginia
7th May 2008, 15:40
but for now, I can't even wear it higher :lol: i'm too excited, won't sell my first dry nudie. should i wear it to sleep ?

theorbb
7th May 2008, 16:23
Yeah, you could sleep in them...

...looking at your fit pics though, the thighs and calves look amazingly tight. I'd really consider going a size up or maybe trying on a pair of grim tims. Thats just me though...

nikeba11a13
11th May 2008, 04:42
go for the 31

spaceboyp
15th September 2008, 12:48
It stretches a size and a half..I used to be worried about that too...but it all worked out.

iceblend
18th September 2008, 04:27
Hi, i was wondering if there's a size difference between dry and dry coated?

i wear a sz 28 for thin finn dry black, do i get a sz 28 for the coated too?

Thanks in advance. =)

josuke
18th September 2008, 05:21
yes

bradbarbour
26th September 2008, 02:52
Question: I had a pair of TF in 30 and they fit great until I washed them. Now they're crazy tight. Are TF known for shrinking like crazy when you wash them? They're way smaller now than they were at first.

dnnythms
13th October 2008, 02:41
Question: I had a pair of TF in 30 and they fit great until I washed them. Now they're crazy tight. Are TF known for shrinking like crazy when you wash them? They're way smaller now than they were at first.

Have TFDB, and yes, they are pretty tight after washing.

asdfghjk
3rd January 2009, 01:32

have heard that if you wear it post wash, after one hour it will stretch. CMIIW.

smalltapes
20th January 2009, 10:40
i've been very curious about finns stretching after wash. i just got a new pair of tfds which button and zip up fine but still irritate me a little/leave red marks on my hips. i love the fit everywhere else, but i am anxiously awaiting the day they stretch out on the waist. thing is, when i finally do end up washing them, is it going to take another 1-2 weeks to get comfortable again?

fnlit
20th January 2009, 10:48
i've been very curious about finns stretching after wash. i just got a new pair of tfds which button and zip up fine but still irritate me a little/leave red marks on my hips. i love the fit everywhere else, but i am anxiously awaiting the day they stretch out on the waist. thing is, when i finally do end up washing them, is it going to take another 1-2 weeks to get comfortable again?

From my own experience, they will stretch a ton before the wash.

I washed my on a hot setting and let them drip dry. They fit pretty much the same afterwards as when you bought them ( i stretched my inseam though ) however they will seem "thinner" and more stretchy, and stretch back out after a couple of wears.

So imo, after a wash they will fit more snug for a little while but not be as painful.

Hope this helps :)

dwie
20th January 2009, 10:57
After you wash them, wear your jeans when they're still damp. I think that should help.

smalltapes
22nd January 2009, 11:57
cool, thanks for the info!

QuinnBlack
23rd January 2009, 05:53
So basically, gathering all the info from this thread, the message is:

If you like way size 32 (for example) fits when you try it on in the shop, you ought to buy the size 31.
So regardless if you like them slim, skinny, loose, baggy, sloppy, whatever- one size down from what feels right with no wear.

right?

mane
23rd January 2009, 10:20
one thing i've never understood with sizing down - how do you button them up!?

aprilguy
23rd January 2009, 14:47
right, except for when you have very big/muscular thighs. Then you shouldn't wear finns at all.

ng_tetet
23rd January 2009, 15:16
this isnt a thread for tfds only, right? anyway..

in mine experience they only stretched in the waist, but i bought them perfect you know, not so tight for the stretch but def. not loose!

it happens to me now, but not so bad though.
mine is almost 6 months and i kinda feel that they are more tighter around the thigh :(
here some pics of mine.. (taken couple days back then)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3324/3211469413_b6e6a0c7aa.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3458/3212317256_da8cbb6953.jpg

it will stretch everywhere, but mostly the waist.

i could only find one finn that stretch everywhere and somehow looks kinda baggy
it is roirio's tfdc after sometimes..
here.. http://mynudies.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=3921&catid=member&imageuser=4260

smalltapes
5th February 2009, 05:26
i'm a little over 2 weeks in on my finns (29x32) and they still hurt when sitting down. makes no sense because my old pair of finns were 28 and i don't remember complaining. the obvious answer would be i gained weight, but i don't think i have. that's besides the point... i'm just really hoping they stretch out over the next couple weeks, because i feel like a size up, while much more comfortable, would be too baggy.

Snorlax02
5th February 2009, 05:33
my size 28 i assume measured around 29 inches in the waist and they now measure 31.5 inches. Because they now sag, everything else seems looser. Im at 7-8 months btw. But even so i feel they have gotten a bit looser in teh thigh but teh calf is still fairly the same. I stretched them myself to get a tiny bit more room but still didn't do that much. oh TFDS

CaptainBanana
22nd February 2009, 16:03
Alright now i'm stuck thinking of whether to get a TFDS size 28 or 29. At the store today, I tried on a pair of 28's and they were a really good fit (at my hips), but also REALLY tight all the way down, but bearable. So would it be advisable to get this pair of 28's , considering that I might grow a size or 2, or should I just play it safe and get the size 29.

Also, would the 28 and 29 have a major difference in stretching? I'm afraid that after like 2 months they might be too tight for me already. I've also heard that the less tight the jeans are, the less they would stretch, is this true? Please help me I'm making my order tomorrow, thanks!

alx win
23rd February 2009, 22:31
right, except for when you have very big/muscular thighs. Then you shouldn't wear finns at all.

I diont think thats necessarilly true. Itll only look funny if you go for the skinny jeans look. But I play basketball and am quite athletic...Im about 5'8" 155lbs and I have a pair of thin finn dry black coated 31. They are looser than normal, but I think they look great the waist is just a bit too loose. I had a 30 but i think i look like a carrot.

DanLeNguyen
20th June 2009, 08:46
I have been wearing my new TFDS's hard for a week now and have noticed a lot of stretch. I am 130--5'9" and i bought a 28/34. they were extremely tight in the beginning where I could bearly sit cross-legged(indian style), I was actually afraid I made a mistake of buying to tight, but now they have sretched to the point where they fit comfortably. and thats only in a week of hard wear...im sure theywill stretch out more. hope this helped.

kyniver
21st June 2009, 14:38
the majority of the stretch is done in the 2 - 3 weeks of wear. after that it doesnt change too much. denim can only stretch so far before it's ruined. and if your body manages to stretch it to a 'ruining' point, you should really size up :P

on another note, im fine with all stretches except the knee area. not a fan.

retromm
29th June 2009, 17:23
hey guys i just had a quick question, my TF came in today and i ordered a size 29 and 30. the 30 fits good, but the 29 also fits good. i can button them both up. i looked on fos5 for the measurements and there the same everywhere except the waist (obviously) and leg opening. so should i just stick with the 29 and take into account stretch?

jomes
10th July 2009, 17:05
^ Yes, if the 29 fits well and gives you no discomfort then go for the 29 because they do tend to stretch out quite a bit.

iplayslow
25th August 2009, 19:38
i dont recommend sizing down more than 1 for finns cuz mine didnt stretch out much so it was freakin tight everywhere so i sold em lol

zerostargarden
10th September 2009, 20:36
so I tried on a 29 in TFDS and I could barley get them on and I tried a 30 (which was tight, but felt good)which is what I normally wear in Cheap Monday and my normal waste is a 30-31 depending on the denim. I usually wear CM & Levis 510. should I stick with the 30?

hokistyle
21st September 2009, 11:57
hi guys...
i'm gonna buy TFDS for my 1st nudie jeans...
which size should I pick? my true waist size is 28"..
do TFDS stretch a lot??

thx

Sambal
22nd September 2009, 22:44
Yeah, my TFODEE and TFDBC have stretched alot, espessially the TFODEE. I got em 30/34 and my actual size is 31. They have now stretched to 31/32. But I wear a belt with them most of the time. I hope I helped :)

zerostargarden
23rd September 2009, 22:01
got my 1st pair yesterday TFDS and ended up with a 30/34 they fit really nice, streched a little bit already in the waist, but I wanted to get a pair that was not completely skin tight and the 29 was way too small, I had overhang fat! and I'm skinny. I'll try to post some pics.

hokistyle
24th September 2009, 18:25
Yeah, my TFODEE and TFDBC have stretched alot, espessially the TFODEE. I got em 30/34 and my actual size is 31. They have now stretched to 31/32. But I wear a belt with them most of the time. I hope I helped :)

thx... maybe i'll take size 27. I hope it would be fit.. :)

j_sar
13th October 2009, 02:54
I'm wondering what size TFODEE to get.
I wear a 26 in TLJ and I also have HK Rinses in 27.

can someone help out? i don't wanna order em too tight where i can't button them

kkurenaii
13th October 2009, 12:41
I'm wondering what size TFODEE to get.
I wear a 26 in TLJ and I also have HK Rinses in 27.

can someone help out? i don't wanna order em too tight where i can't button them

the finns in organic dun stretch so much. but more or less, they are about the same. if u want a fit similar to ur long johns, get the same size. the waist for TFODEE runs 0.25" smaller as well

watermelon91
18th November 2009, 22:26
i wear a 32x32 for levis 511s
got a pair of 32x32 TFodee, very tight throughout, but im assuming it's gonna stretch later on

eyezuk
28th November 2009, 07:41
i wear a 32x32 for levis 511s
got a pair of 32x32 TFodee, very tight throughout, but im assuming it's gonna stretch later on

excellent, I also have 32 levi 511s and just ordered a pair of tfodee 32x32. hopefully it won't stretch out too much.

ryansolefresh
30th November 2009, 23:39
i just bought a pair in 33 been about 3 days now.. hopefully i wont regret not getting a 32

sabeatin
13th February 2010, 09:25
i bought a pair of 30x32 tfds about two months ago. they were a really tight fit (like hard to do up) but the guy at the shop said definitely go the tight fit because they will stretch out quite a bit. i've been wearing them pretty solid now (i would say about 6-7 weeks actual wear) and they haven't really stretched out all that much.

i'm wondering if i should cut my losses and buy a pair of 31x32 or should i give it a few more months?

blosom
14th February 2010, 15:04
^ i dont think they will stretch any more mate, not if youve worn them for that amount of time.......dry stretch doesnt stretch out too much.....well...it does, but it goes back to its original shape pretty good, so not stretching much at all really.....its the dry coateds that really stretch out of shape. take them back to the shop your brought them from, take them to the sale person who insisted you sized down, and get him to swap them for a bigger size.

sabeatin
16th February 2010, 05:14
thanks for the advice :-)

pretty strange what happened. i went back to the same guy and he was really cool about it. i ended up swapping them for another pair of 30x32... i have no idea why but these jeans are slightly bigger around the waist and they fit me fine.

sanja
16th March 2010, 13:03
Hi guys im hew to this forum so be gentle.I got my 1st pair of thin finn organic dry ecru size 30/32.There pretty tight round the waist,i can do the button up but with a little bit of a struggle,should i change them for a 31/32 or will they stretch sufficiently? thanks

xxhalcyonxx
17th March 2010, 06:24
In my opinion, if you can button them up, they'll stretch.

Freidrich
18th March 2010, 20:09
I've suffered from too tight jeans in 7 months now so I might not be the most unbiased source. I could just button my up and they've stretched but not enough.

There are varied veiws on how Finns are best worn. Some say skin tight, I say a bit loose. It's up to you basically, but I definitely think you should go up one size.

juizyyy
19th March 2010, 07:58
When I first got my current pair of finns (odee, size 30 waist) I could barely button them up and I had to wear them really high on my waist or else they'd hurt too much and leave bruises. The first months were a real pain wearing them, trust me, but now they've stretched over 2 inches and I can easily pull them down without even opening the button or the fly. Should've sized down atleast 2. :-o

sanja
19th March 2010, 13:21
thanks for your advice guys. Is there a big difference between the tfds and the tfode as they look almost identical..

sanja
20th March 2010, 15:48
When I first got my current pair of finns (odee, size 30 waist) I could barely button them up and I had to wear them really high on my waist or else they'd hurt too much and leave bruises. The first months were a real pain wearing them, trust me, but now they've stretched over 2 inches and I can easily pull them down without even opening the button or the fly. Should've sized down atleast 2. :-o

have they only stretched around the waist or round the calf as well?

Freidrich
20th March 2010, 16:34
^
1. The back pocket stitching
2. The fabric in TFODEE is organic
3. The TFODEE are harder to break in

jacoby
20th March 2010, 20:26
Ive got a pair of organic finns and they are a monster to break in but the fit is really slick. The ecru on the back pockets is pretty snazzy too ;)

juizyyy
20th March 2010, 21:52
have they only stretched around the waist or round the calf as well?

They weren't tight at all in the calf area when I first got them so they haven't stretched there.