PDA

View Full Version : SNUS part 2

f4igurl
1st March 2007, 14:43
OK, so these are questions for all you Swedish and northern European guys who use snus - bear with me, total newbie here! :oops:

So being curious, I ordered a couple of cans from the Northerner website, the ones I ordered were the "packaged" ones, in the small pouches, not the loose stuff.

No one I know in Canada uses this, so... Help! Do I just put it under my lip? Upper lip? Lower lip? To the side?

Then how long do I leave it in? I would expect that the nicotine would start absorbing pretty quickly - maybe leave in for a total of 15-20 minutes?

The boxes that it comes in have a little round cap on the top - is this space for putting a couple of bags to keep tham handy, so as to not dry out the rest?

What about storage? Should I put them in the refridgerator, in a plastic bag?

Sorry for all the question guys! Thanks for your help! :D

f4igurl
1st March 2007, 14:45
Oh, and another thing... Will this stuff turn teeth brown??? :(

bilmaga
1st March 2007, 15:01
I'm not from sweden, but I can help. I use snus, so I can guide you. You put the snus under your upper lip, just off to one side (kind of where your fang tooth is). At the start, if you aren't used to nicotine, you would probably keep it in until you can't stand it anymore. If you don't get the spins, I would keep it in for roughly an hour, but it's all personal pref. The cans with the little "ashtray lid" are for your used portions. I never use it, but I guess they want you to put the old one in there if you aren't around a garbage can instead of littering. As far as storage, they keep for up to a year in the freezer. Just put them in a freezer bag. If you bought dry portions, they will store even longer. I store mine in the freezer and the can that I have on the go, I put in the fridge overnight. As far as the brown teeth, I don't have a problem (yet) but I use a whitening toothpaste and I don't notice any difference in my teeth colour.

Hope this helps

Giraffen
1st March 2007, 15:07
Personaly i dont use it anymore because it can give you throat canser.

1. Put it under the upper lip. In the begining this will be kind of enoying but in time the "string" from your lip will be eaten away by the snus.

2. How long you leave it in is up to you. It's kinda like a gum.

3. Thats to put used bags in.

4. The box that u dont have in your pocket should be in the fridge.

5. If you keep the snus well up your lip your teeth will not go brown.

6. It tastes like shit in the begining and dont be suprised if you feel ill.

7. Girls dont like snus, it smells and looks funny.

First time i tryed snus i puked ^.^

/M

Opeth
1st March 2007, 15:25
First time I used snus I was 14 years old and on my way back home from sweden: My friends had used snus a few times and i thought I was time to give it shot. Had a snus in for about 15 minutes and the following 3 hours I spent in the bathroom throwing up. Now I use snus on a regular basis and it really is god gift to humankind :P

Be aware that you can get very ill in the beginning and should start off quite slowly, but once you get used to it you just wan't to have snus under your lip all the time. :twisted:

f4igurl
1st March 2007, 18:00
Thanks guys - you're great! :D

I like the nicotine buzz from tobacco - just can't stand smoking. From what I read on the topic, snus seems to be the least harmful alternative, although I guess no form of tobacco is safe.

I had ordered the "tasting" set for women from Northerner - lots of different flavours. Not having tried them all, they sure smell great! So hopefully my breath won't smell like a chimney!

Thanks again!!

Legoland
2nd March 2007, 03:04
man I'm still jonesing and I've been of the wagon for 2 years. throw it out. the addiction is worse than cocaine...

DDUB
2nd March 2007, 03:09
See if they made drugs cheap and easily available the world would be a better place. How many tobacco prostitutes have you seen?

mml6691
2nd March 2007, 03:18
See if they made drugs cheap and easily available the world would be a better place. How many tobacco prostitutes have you seen?

hahaha, great point

Legoland
2nd March 2007, 03:23
totally. good point, but in the end... I'd be a total snow-fiend if it was leagal, available and cheap...

ExileOnMainStreet
2nd March 2007, 20:29
f4igurl --> Im assuming you are a girl, and I dont see too many girls packing lippers of tobacco/snus lol

If you are ordering and using snus just because of nudies and all the swedish culture on this website, I completely advise against it

Im a pretty heavy smoker, and I dip sometimes (use skoal) mainly at baseball games during the summer (go tigers) and it's just not pretty shit. If snus is the same as skoal, there are little shards of fibreglass in it, so it cuts your gums for the nicotine to get in your bloodstream. So if you are using it enough, your gums will be all chewed up. Will not make your teeth brown, but leave a nasty ass taste in your mouth

IMO --> Your better off chewing Nicorette

batman
2nd March 2007, 20:38
I agree with Legoland. Try to avoid it! It is too damn addictive and too darn good. I love it. I quit snus and smoking a few years ago. I will probably never smoke again as I find it disgusting but my snus urge is always with me. It's like the evil devil on your shoulder. That shows how addictive it is. There is a reason why you feel sick in the beginning. Your body is telling you this is not for you. However, if it was a choice between snus and smoking then snus sure is healthier to the body. There is no case of cancer from snus. It's just the addictive part that is bad.

batman
2nd March 2007, 20:40
One more thing: Snus has helped a lot of smokers quit, but then you're stuck with another addiction. Snus is part of the Swedish culture, it's like the coca leaves to the Bolivians or like kava to the Tahitians.

mxjxharris
3rd March 2007, 00:11
f4igurl --> Im assuming you are a girl, and I dont see too many girls packing lippers of tobacco/snus lol

If you are ordering and using snus just because of nudies and all the swedish culture on this website, I completely advise against it

Im a pretty heavy smoker, and I dip sometimes (use skoal) mainly at baseball games during the summer (go tigers) and it's just not pretty shit. If snus is the same as skoal, there are little shards of fibreglass in it, so it cuts your gums for the nicotine to get in your bloodstream. So if you are using it enough, your gums will be all chewed up. Will not make your teeth brown, but leave a nasty ass taste in your mouth

IMO --> Your better off chewing Nicorette

Exile: The fiberglass thing is an urban myth...

ExileOnMainStreet
3rd March 2007, 00:51
skoal uses glass/sand/fibreglass to cut your lip to let nicotine in the bloodstream Im not sure about snus

http://www.smokersclubinc.com/Canada/327.html

skoal makes snus look like bubbalicious

f4igurl
3rd March 2007, 01:11
Thank you - you are a caring group.

I'm not a very addictive personality - never got beyond the "social" cigar, or so. And as for the north american "skoal", etc, it's always looked pretty gross. :cry: Not to mention, from what I read on wikipedia.org, the north american stuff has all kinds of nasty additions to it...

But snus seems to have much less of a bad rap, even according to the WHO, again on wiki. I bought a few different flavours of the so called "portioned" snus: licorice, mint, etc. Comes in a small sachet made out of the same material as a teabag. It's nice flavoured, left me with a mild tingle - not even close to the zing you'd get from a cigar.

And no mess! :lol:

But I can't see myself making a habit of it. Even though it passed the kiss test with my fiance - he couldn't tell!! :twisted:

On the other hand, I would love to see smokers switch over to this form of nicotine delivery. Seems to be less toxic, with no second hand effects.

MAC
4th March 2007, 11:46
I use snuss now for almost 5 years and i like it! I use portion and loose snuss! When i'm working in the shop i use portion! I got my fist snuss from Palle (one of the owners from Nudie)! I tryed it and the first time it tasted like shit! Afer a few day's i just liked it and now i use a can snuss every 2 day's! I would like to stop, but it's not easy!
Mac

ihayano
20th March 2007, 16:38
so is it more fashionable to keep your snus tin in your front or back pocket?

Regular Bas
20th March 2007, 16:43
it has nothing to do with fashion, just wear it the way you like,

i quit using snuss half year ago, because my parents didn't like it and the doctor said it wasn't so good for my health(i'm kind of a sportsman :lol: )

now i have a can with King Peppermint :)

but wear it the way you like.
don't mind the others opinions, it's your life man

ihayano
20th March 2007, 17:21
i was being sarcastic...

bouwnt
20th March 2007, 19:22
lame

Gregory
20th March 2007, 20:50
the addiction, (as mentioned before) is a strong one, I've been using snus for a few years now, thankfully I've cut back a lot (which made my girlfriend and my dentist a lot happier) but I do keep a few cans in my freezer for those days when I'm stressed and just can't say no) but yeah, definatly take into considertation that the shit is addictive and can cause health problems with long term use.

Jakob
20th March 2007, 20:51
snus is the bomb