PDA

View Full Version : Wash

onbekend
28th February 2007, 21:20
I need your advice/opinion.. :oops:

I want to wash my RRDG, i bought it in October but i didn't wear it much, but i have some contrasts (or something liek that) in my jeans.
So i want to know, what is the best way to wash my jeans? What degree and do i have to use washpowder?

And i know it's stupid that i want to wash mine, but next month i'm going to buy a ESOD and when i got them i want to wear them a lot and wash them after a year soo..

Thanks in advance. :D

Opeth
28th February 2007, 22:57
Please don't wash your RRDG yet. Instead a recommend that you put them aside for awhile and start working on your esdo. When you get tired on them switch back to RRDG. Wear as long as possible, there are no shortcuts for achieving great results, BE PATIENT :P

Opeth
28th February 2007, 22:58
Please don't wash your RRDG yet. Instead a recommend that you put them aside for awhile and start working on your esdo. When you get tired on them switch back to RRDG. Wear as long as possible, there are no shortcuts for achieving great results, BE PATIENT :P

If you absolutely must wash them wash in 60 degrees for most contrast or 40 if you want them a bit darker.

onbekend
28th February 2007, 23:00
Yes i know it's stupid, but i really want to wash them.
Thanks for your opinion and advice! :)

onbekend
1st March 2007, 12:41
And by the way, do i have to use washpowder? or what?

Tiro
1st March 2007, 12:54
that is up to you, but if you do use washing powder, use washing powder that has no or very little bleech in it and no optical brighteners...

also, putting salt and vinegar in the machine to wash your jeans is supposed to keep the darker color for a longer time, this also is up to you tho...

onbekend
1st March 2007, 12:57
Does the salt & vinegar really help? Because i want mij jeans to keep darker soo..
And when i wassed my jeans, the stiffnes is than gone right?

Ogod..wat ben ik slecht in engels. :lol: :lol:

Tiro
1st March 2007, 13:03
dunno if it really helps, but logically, it should help, the stiffness is gone as far as the starch will be gone for a great deal... if you hang dry them, they will be relatively stiff again tho...

onbekend
1st March 2007, 13:06
But how can i get rid of the stiffness?

Tiro
1st March 2007, 13:08
basically only by washing them, also by drying them in the dryer but I would not do that if I was you! :D

onbekend
1st March 2007, 13:14
Hahahahaha no i'm not gonna put my RR in the dryer. ;)

Tiro
1st March 2007, 13:20
good, in that case, just wash them and hang dry them, they will be less stiff already that way :D

my LFDS softened up alot in only one month wear...

captain yellow shirt
2nd March 2007, 01:42
dont forget to wrap them in a towel to soak up excess water before you hang them drip or u may get some undesired effect

Legoland
2nd March 2007, 04:27
speaking ow wash/soak hook me up with sugar cane detergent if you order from rakuten or whereever. I pay +50% for the suff.

octopolopolo
3rd March 2007, 02:53
Wash when you want, it really is up to you... Throw them in the washing machine or whatever, experimet with them, but in the end don't freak out too much and have fun with your jeans... They're not gonna turn out bad if you wore them enough.
I had to wash my SSDS after 4 months of wear and they turned out surprisingly good for such a short amount of wear. I had to wash because holes were forming on the back of the knees and on the crotch and I didn't want them to rip completly. Sometimes you have to wash early I guess...

The salt or the vinegar have absolutely no effect on the color, it's just a rumor spreading around.

onbekend
3rd March 2007, 13:41
My jeans is in the wasmachine right now. :roll:

Tiro
3rd March 2007, 13:56
The salt or the vinegar have absolutely no effect on the color, it's just a rumor spreading around.

how can u be absolutely sure of that? ALD puts it on their site, so does samurai, alot of people use it and you say: 'hey I know for a fact it's bullshit'... do you have any proof for this?

onbekend: let us know how they turn out :D

onbekend
3rd March 2007, 14:37
My jeans is washed and now i have to wait till it's dry.

Naoto the Zombie
3rd March 2007, 16:51

Salt WILL affect when we dye colours - but I kind of agree with you. Personally I wouldn't add salt when I wash my jeans - I'd rather wash them without detergents. :wink:

Tiro
3rd March 2007, 17:01
still I think it could be interesting to add salt to the pre-soak bath to have a minimum of indigo loss at that stage...

octopolopolo
3rd March 2007, 23:21
how can u be absolutely sure of that? ALD puts it on their site, so does samurai, alot of people use it and you say: 'hey I know for a fact it's bullshit'... do you have any proof for this?

I do.
http://www.aikiweb.com/misc/shifflett3.html
and
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=6371

As a matter of fact, a lot of people do dumb things under the impression of being right. I wasn't trying to be rude or pretentious, I apologize if that's the way my post was interpreted.

onbekend
4th March 2007, 18:56
My RR is washed and i will post some pictures soon.

But i want to know, does my RR still bleed now? or doesn't my RR bleed anymore?

Naoto the Zombie
4th March 2007, 20:25
As a matter of fact, a lot of people do dumb things under the impression of being right. I wasn't trying to be rude or pretentious, I apologize if that's the way my post was interpreted.

No worries! I actually enjoyed reading the article you linked here. I'd known salt was important substance for dyeing process, but I'd been (and still I am!) skeptical about adding salt when we wash our jeans, to stop indigo bleeding. :D

Tiro
5th March 2007, 21:16

no actually I also enjoyed reading your post, just wondering, how can you be sure... (not only of it not working, also of it working for that matter) I am also skeptical about it, at one hand, I'dd like to put salt in my first pre-soak bath to have a minimum of indigo loss, then do the second and third soak with just cold water, at the other hand, I'm not so sure because someone said salt might damage the cotton fibres and it prevents things from coming out, so it will also prevent the starch from coming out...

totally clueless now :P

onbekend: yes your ralf will still bleed after the first wash...