PDA

View Full Version : Stiff Jeans

BlueOctoberFan
27th February 2007, 22:11
Is there any rule of thumb to be used as to what jeans will be stiffer when new? I tried on various selvage pairs from Nudie, all stiff. I got the ALD Royal selvage, stiff. Tried on Samurais, Onis, Pure Blue Japans, none of them stiff.

I really like the starched-like feeling of the new selvage denim, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what is stiff, and what isn't. Is there something that I'm missing?

Slight side-bar: is it only selvage that will have that stiffness, or would most raw denims have it?

Jakob
27th February 2007, 22:34
my pace slim 006 are/was so stiff they can almost stand! 8) And i don't think the're real selvedge even though its made in japan.

bilmaga
28th February 2007, 01:45
my pace slim 006 are/was so stiff they can almost stand! 8) And i don't think the're real selvedge even though its made in japan.

Does it have a selvage?

Tiro
1st March 2007, 10:41
Is there any rule of thumb to be used as to what jeans will be stiffer when new? I tried on various selvage pairs from Nudie, all stiff. I got the ALD Royal selvage, stiff. Tried on Samurais, Onis, Pure Blue Japans, none of them stiff.

I really like the starched-like feeling of the new selvage denim, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what is stiff, and what isn't. Is there something that I'm missing?

Slight side-bar: is it only selvage that will have that stiffness, or would most raw denims have it?

I also noticed that my Oni's feel much less cartboard like then my BBOS and LFDS did when they where new....

but in my case, that's not a bad thing :D